Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2012 8:52 AM

Oct 2012
I usually drop the anime when i fell that i'm not enjoying it and when i'm having a hard time watching it. So i never forced myself.
Nov 6, 2012 8:55 AM

Mar 2012
Yes, I forced myself to continue on with Blood C. Ughgh...
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 6, 2012 8:57 AM

Jun 2009
Code Geass.

At one point, I actually cheated via "skipping" scenes that bores me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2012 8:57 AM
Nov 2010
I forced myself to finish Gintama. One of the best decisions I have made.
Nov 6, 2012 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
Chobits was one of them. It fell apart somewhere.
Death Note. The second half.
Some of the later episodes of Monster were hard to get through the first time, but I still enjoyed it enough to finish in a week.
Planetes and Devil May Cry, I think.
Desert Punk's last few episodes.

Nov 6, 2012 9:03 AM
Jun 2012
Valkyrie_Wings said:
I suppose if you are a completionist, this would probably happen often if you run into an anime that you decide you don't like when watching.

What exactly would someone gain by forcing themselves to finish watching something they don't like? I mean, with video games and such, some people are whores for achievements/trophies. Buying and pirating games they really have no interest in and going out of their to get 100%. But anime? All you'd be able to do is say "Yeah, I've completed that anime... and I thought IT SUCKED!".
Nov 6, 2012 9:06 AM

Mar 2012
Deziah said:
Valkyrie_Wings said:
I suppose if you are a completionist, this would probably happen often if you run into an anime that you decide you don't like when watching.

What exactly would someone gain by forcing themselves to finish watching something they don't like? I mean, with video games and such, some people are whores for achievements/trophies. Buying and pirating games they really have no interest in and going out of their to get 100%. But anime? All you'd be able to do is say "Yeah, I've completed that anime... and I thought IT SUCKED!".

In the hopes that it somehow magically gets better? That was my hope with blood C. Then the end eps. came and I was like, did I just really waste my time watch this?
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 6, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2012
Yeah, I've forced myself to finish a few shows. I forced myself to finish the original Gundam and Mirai Nikki. Right now I'm really forcing myself to finish Sword Art Online.
Nov 6, 2012 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
gatx375 said:
. Right now I'm really forcing myself to finish Sword Art Online.

This. And some anime that I rate lower than 8 though there are only few.
TennoujiNov 6, 2012 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
Oh, and that high school romance series by Hideaki Anno. I think it tops them all.

Sep 2010
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 most boring shit I have ever seen (along with Lucky Star, but I couldn't make it halfway through the first episode) since I love the franchise I suffered through it if I didn't love Gundam I would have dropped this around episode 15. Also I would literally cry from boredom and check to see how much time was left in the episode.

Amuro is a boring protag he was decent in Zeta and the movie though, but I don't see why everyone like him so much he isn't that great a character. Char is ok I guess I loved him in Zeta though.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 6, 2012 9:13 AM
Jul 2012
Honey and Clover and K-on!

I don't think i tried so hard to finish an anime in my life, these two I struggled with.
Nov 6, 2012 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
Never have, never will.
Nov 6, 2012 9:17 AM

Feb 2012
Right now, i'm fighting to finish Lucky Star...
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Nov 6, 2012 9:18 AM

Jul 2010
Z-flame said:
I forced myself to finish Gintama. One of the best decisions I have made.

Interesting. So you were bored of it, and it actually got better as you forced yourself through it?
That kind of gives me inspiration to finish some series I've gotten fed up with. :P

lovelydeath said:
Deziah said:
Valkyrie_Wings said:

In the hopes that it somehow magically gets better? That was my hope with blood C. Then the end eps. came and I was like, did I just really waste my time watch this?

^Yeah, that's probably what fuels the completionist attitude, one way or another. Though you do have a point, Deziah. When you think about it that way, it does sound kind of silly to plow through an anime even though you hate it. Especially if it's a long one.
A lot of times, when I am watching an anime that isn't so bad but isn't great (for example, Hiiro no Kakera), I'll get through it just for the sake of finishing it. Then I can move onto the next season or so. Because there could be something redeemable...
I think it helps if you like the genre. I liked the supernatural atmosphere of the show, and I'm not turned away by reverse harem. So I guess that's why I stay on. If it were a sports anime that were boring me (my least favorite genre), I would probably just stop watching.
Nov 6, 2012 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
I forced myself to finish off Bakuretsu Tenshi as I was at ep 15 or so out of 24 ep. The story line and the characters were getting fad with what I usually like. But I did finish it.

I guess I will force myself to try out Amagami SS at some point I had starteded it and its still in my Watching list.

Will give it a try most likely this weekend after my Japanese class.

Nov 6, 2012 9:37 AM

Nov 2007
Darker than Black. I was watching it with a friend and neither of us were that interested in it, but we both wound up finishing it together. I don't think I could have done it alone.
Nov 6, 2012 9:41 AM

Dec 2011
A few times. It kind of eats at me just having a few episodes left and not completing the series. Maybe I've developed a little bit of an OCD habit but it's not like I have a lack of spare time to indulge it. Anyways it rarely happens because I'm good at finding things to enjoy in an anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2012 9:45 AM

Jun 2011
Yes. I forced myself to finish The World God Only Knows (the first season; have no plans to watch the second one as of now at least). Also, Dantalian no Shoka, K-On! and Vampire Knight.
Nov 6, 2012 9:45 AM

Jan 2011
clannad an k-on!! both were a snorefest

currently im struggling with Gintama but ill probably drop it after a few more episodes
Nov 6, 2012 9:52 AM
May 2012
Haibane Renmei.
Nov 6, 2012 9:56 AM

Oct 2012
School days, all I wanted to know is if something happend to makoto so I could keep my sanity and continue watching it.
Nov 6, 2012 9:58 AM

Apr 2011
Armored Trooper Votoms right now, i like it, but I don't really like mecha.

I had to force myself through Shuffle! too, jeez.
Nov 6, 2012 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
Wolf's rain, not a lot of people or going to agree with me on this one, but I toughed it was really boring, it's a good anime, but just really boring. Or I might have a little to young back then to grasp the full contest of it. Oh well..
Having a favourite anime is something nice.
Nov 6, 2012 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
5 centimeters per second, thank god last ep was not long, because I was about to fall asleep
Nov 6, 2012 10:09 AM
Jun 2012
lovelydeath said:

Well, I'm sure there were at least one or two things you liked about the show that kept you going, right? Perhaps the action? Blood & gore? Characters? Something...
Nov 6, 2012 10:17 AM

Sep 2010
Deziah said:
lovelydeath said:

Well, I'm sure there were at least one or two things you liked about the show that kept you going, right? Perhaps the action? Blood & gore? Characters? Something...

Here's where the comprehension fail comes in at. Forcing yourself to watch/complete something you dislike doesn't mean that something has no redeeming values or that there aren't bits you actually do like.

Nov 6, 2012 10:20 AM

May 2012
Special A~
Nov 6, 2012 10:37 AM
Jun 2012
Anime_Name said:
Deziah said:
lovelydeath said:

Here's where the comprehension fail comes in at. Forcing yourself to watch/complete something you dislike doesn't mean that something has no redeeming values or that there aren't bits you actually do like.

And where did I state such a thing? I asked him if there was something he liked about the show to make him keep watching it. All he said is that he hoped Blood C got better. That doesn't automatically mean he found bits and pieces of the show enjoyable before he got close to finishing it. How the hell would you know? He didn't even elaborate. Seems like the only one comprehension failing is you.
Nov 6, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
Gorim said:
Clannad. I wanted to see what was so special about it. I struggled, but made it and it is clear there's no point for me to watch After Story. Big eyed ghost girls who want high school students as her parents just ain't my thing exactly. Sunohara was great though.

It's your loss though. Clannad was fine imho, but it's just an introduction to Clannad:AS, just like how The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya sucked balls compared to the movie.

On topic: yeah, just recently finished Zero no tsukaima. i won't say that i was completely bored by it ,but the story was crap. i had to force myself to not focus on the plot and turn off my brain and try to keep my attention on the romance part of it. unfortunately i was still bored by it but kept on watching anyway because my imagination will kill me if i don't see a conclusion to the story.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Nov 6, 2012 11:26 AM

Feb 2012
Medaka Box was a pain.
Nov 6, 2012 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
Zylixae said:
Medaka Box was a pain.

I've been going back and forth on whether to watch this or not.
Because I heard that, by the second season, it becomes a 'cool battle story' like the manga allegedly is.

:S
Looks too fanservice-y, though.
Valkyrie_WingsNov 6, 2012 11:41 AM
Nov 6, 2012 11:34 AM
Jun 2012
I actually have an issue about finishing a series once I have started it. There have only been a few series that I have watched however that I had to kind of force myself to watch and that was only at certain points.
Nov 6, 2012 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Hmm, probably Zero no Tsukaima. :)
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 6, 2012 12:05 PM

Sep 2011
anything with a score of 5 or under most likely i had to force myself, most notable was hyouka which while only at a 5 on my list is by far the dullest show i have ever seen

forcing myself to finish shows does have its pay offs, if i didnt force myself to watch kobato for example it would of remained in my now non existent dropped list before i got the good parts

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 6, 2012 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
I have dropped shows if they don't hold my interest and it's rare for me to force myself through a series but I'm doing that at the moment with Kaze no Stigma.....the only thing that's keeping me with the show is because I like the MC Kazuma and I forward all the parts that he's not in it :) So hopefully finish this show very soon as I'm just basically watching it for one character.
A house is made from bricks and stones but a home is made from love alone!
Nov 6, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
i am currently forcing myself to watch gosick ....i just dont think i can do it im still waiting to see romance and its boring

Nov 6, 2012 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Even though Code Geass has one of the best plots in anime (In my opinion) It became really boring at numerous amounts of times. So I had to force myself to get through it.
It was well worth it though :D!
Nov 6, 2012 12:44 PM
Jul 2012
Deziah said:
Anime_Name said:
Deziah said:
lovelydeath said:

And where did I state such a thing? I asked him if there was something he liked about the show to make him keep watching it. All he said is that he hoped Blood C got better. That doesn't automatically mean he found bits and pieces of the show enjoyable before he got close to finishing it. How the hell would you know? He didn't even elaborate. Seems like the only one comprehension failing is you.
Fail fail everywhere lol
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Nov 6, 2012 12:45 PM

Oct 2008
I usually just drop them, but I did push myself to finish Prince of Tennis since I was so far into it.
Nov 6, 2012 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
Currently forcing myself to finish Darker than Black. Only one episode to go!!!! Finally.

Nov 6, 2012 12:56 PM
Mar 2012
Yes, I forced myself to finish Guilty Crown
Nov 6, 2012 12:57 PM

Nov 2010
Of course you can't call yourself a completionist if you haven't forced yourself. But it doesn't happen to me a lot, or else I wouldn't be watching anime. The most recent one I remember is Zettai Karen Children, what a steaming pile of crap that show was.
Nov 6, 2012 1:20 PM
Sep 2012
First couple of episodes of Clannad was incredibly boring. I forced myself to watch through it, after that arc was done i breezed through the whole series. I have yet to encounter an anime where i have to force myself to watch the beginning till the end.
Nov 6, 2012 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
yes. Neo Angelique Abyss. From 1 to the last one of the last season. Made myself... why? because I've always complained of how idiotic it is and felt utterly idiotic myself for not having seen it in its entirety. Hence, I watched it so I can have all reason to slam and bash it.

Nov 6, 2012 2:11 PM

Jul 2010
JustMyself said:
yes. Neo Angelique Abyss. From 1 to the last one of the last season. Made myself... why? because I've always complained of how idiotic it is and felt utterly idiotic myself for not having seen it in its entirety. Hence, I watched it so I can have all reason to slam and bash it.

Yes, that was a painful series.
Nov 6, 2012 2:15 PM

Sep 2012
Since I try not to actually drop anime, I end up forcing myself to watch them instead. So: Dragonball GT, first season of To Love-Ru, IGPX, and Afro Samurai fall into this category, off the top of my head.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Nov 6, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2007
I have a few series in my dropped list and I have no plans to finish them, but as for now I am struggling to keep up with Naruto. I used to like it and now I just watch it just to get it over with. It was the same way with DBZ, Inuyasha, and Bleach. I tend to lose interest in series that go on for extended periods of time.
Nov 6, 2012 2:53 PM

Jun 2012
FLCL doesn't make sense to me, but since it's short, I'm going to finish it.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Nov 6, 2012 3:14 PM

Jun 2011
Yup, since I don't like dropping and always try to avoid it, if possible, this quite happens from time to time xP
The most recent was Neon Genesis Evangelion - It wasn't so bad, but I needed about a month to complete it xP (and when you compare it to Kaiji 2, with the same amount of episode, which I finished in about a week...)
Also To Aru Majutsu no Index II... it was 'on hold' for a long time...
And some others I can remember at the moment: FLCL, Canaan, Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom (even though I actually liked it :O a Similar thing happened with Darker Than Black), Fate/Stay Night (one of the most painful anime-related experiences xD), the Naruto fillers...
And I often have to make myself watching few of the ongoings per season... so I'm glad I'm watching them ongoing since otherwise... xP
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are there any CONFIDENT flat/small chested anime girls?

Throwawayy1234 - 4 hours ago

23 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

88 by Thereisnoonehere »»
7 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Jun 14

38 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - 4 hours ago

20 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

» If the world was ending tomorrow

JoeChip - 7 hours ago

17 by alexw1020 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.