Forum Settings
Forums

What GAME would make a good ANIME series or movie? Why?

New
Pages (32) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2012 9:37 PM

Jun 2011
jaywhy619 said:
Idk if these have already been said
But I would love to see Kingdom Hearts be made into an anime, but itd probably be hard because of all the disney voices and whatnot

^_^ I second this!
I would also like to see Final Fantasy VII with an anime, not just an OVA.
Oh, and maybe even Spyro, if it counts. 0_0
And Jak and Daxter...
And CATHERINE, given that Catherine already looks like an anime! While I was watching the cutscenes for it, I kept thinking "0_0 This would be the most awesome anime in existence."
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 8, 2012 1:04 AM

Jun 2012
Anime made from the game "Ib" would be probably the most awesome anime EU.
Sep 9, 2012 2:24 AM
Aug 2012
Star Ocean if they did it right
Sep 9, 2012 3:28 AM

Jun 2011
Ib.
Sep 9, 2012 3:44 AM
May 2007
Shenmue
Ryu ga Gotoku (Kurohyo got a J-drama though)
Parasite Eve
Dino Crisis
An anime adaptation to the Dreamcast Berserk game
Street Fighter III
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 99
King of Fighters 01
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Sep 9, 2012 3:48 AM

Sep 2011
Considering the style of its dialogue, action, themes, and even its comedy, I'd say Metal Gear Solid would make for an interesting anime series.
Sep 9, 2012 4:12 AM

Sep 2012
"COD, a story about call of duty's guys. With Ramirez, who will shot the thief whith a knife!" ahaha ahahha
ok, seriously.

I think Magnacarta is great, is full of character and there is ALWAYS the super moe girl who make mess. And all go to save her -.-, EVERY TIME. But the game is great...maybe will be fun in anime series.
Sep 9, 2012 4:17 AM

Aug 2012
Okami and Legend of Zelda.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2012 4:38 AM

Jul 2012
Fallout
Postal
Painkiller
HL2
Sep 17, 2012 4:53 PM

Sep 2011
Hmmm... Melty Blood(Especially Actress Again).

Sep 17, 2012 4:54 PM

Sep 2012
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 6, 8, 9
OoT
Chrono cross
UkkoclapSep 17, 2012 4:58 PM
Sep 17, 2012 4:58 PM
Sep 2012
possibly Fallout 3.
Sep 17, 2012 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
Kingdom of Hearts
Sep 17, 2012 5:30 PM

Nov 2010
Splinter Cell
Fallout 3
Animal Crossing - more than just the movie that's out
Zelda - I know there is a zelda anime, I just want a newer and epic adventure
God of war
Shadow of the colossus
Sep 17, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2012
KyuuAL said:
JumblyNuts said:
Half Life 2 could make an awesome Anime.

Sorry. It's not originally Japanese. So, it can't be anime. XD

Invalid statement. Wolverine was based off a Marvel franchise but they made an anime out of it.

And adding to the topic, a game that would make a good anime, I think would be Assassains Creed and yes, Team Fortress 2. A TF2 anime already sounds like a funny show but for some reason I imagine it to be a western cartoon instead.

Also- am I the only one that thinks they could create a decent Spiderman anime in some way shape or form?

Halo might make a decent anime as well, but we already have Red vs. Blue (not an anime). And even a COD anime might be unique, considering that there isn't much modern war animes out.
Sep 17, 2012 5:56 PM

Sep 2012
How much I love Skyrim and Fallout 3 I don't think they have to potential to become an epic anime, because the game itself is more gameplay driven than actually story. Story is nice for both games, but I've seen better RPG stories and if I had to rate the story I would probably rate it between a 8-8.5 which is fine, but gameplay plays a big factor giving that epic feeling I don't think they could express that in an Anime.
Sep 17, 2012 9:53 PM

Feb 2008
Tetris
Pong
Shaq Fu
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
Guitar Hero
Singstar
Fairy Tail Fights
Night Trap
Paperboy

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 17, 2012 10:12 PM

May 2011
1. Call of Duty
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Uncharted
4. Bayonetta
5. Sleeping Dogs
6. Mortal Kombat
7. Prototype
8. Infamous

Yeah, that'll be something if they can make animes out of any of these :D
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Sep 17, 2012 10:38 PM

Oct 2009
Pipedream or Chip's Challenge. Good luck with that.

A good VN I would recommend probably Princess Waltz. Not for the story (not too interesting), I'm just curious with the battle scene, I imagine it would be epic.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 17, 2012 10:51 PM

Feb 2012
Dark or Demon's Souls would be so epic
Mass Effect don't bitch to me about the ending
Uncharted series
Condemned
Sep 18, 2012 12:55 AM

Jul 2011
I'd watch the fuck out of a F.E.A.R movie, Get me some delicious alma rape.
Sep 18, 2012 1:22 AM

Sep 2012
Portal
Catherine
Asura's Wrath
Enslaved
Metal Gear Solid
Vanquish
God of War
Castlevania
Legend of Zelda
Okami
Blazblue (already is almost)

edit: oh yeah, and metroid
TheLostProphetSep 18, 2012 1:29 AM
Sep 18, 2012 1:25 AM

Jul 2012
I would say Asura's Wrath but it is already like a movie (an epic movie about a father trying to save his daughter at all cost)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Sep 18, 2012 4:19 AM

May 2012
METAL GEAR SOLID

I hear there's talk about a live action film, but screw that! That wont work.

What would work is an anime!
Sep 18, 2012 4:32 AM

Sep 2011
Mass effect!
Sep 18, 2012 4:43 PM

May 2012
Pheonix Wright! Ace Attorney

C'mon, an anime about a bad ass attorney solving bizarre cases? WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE

Izanagi-94 said:
Mass effect!

They already did that. It's called Paragon Lost
Sep 18, 2012 5:09 PM
Dec 2011
Monmusu Quest. Although i don't want it to be a hentai series.
Sep 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Sep 2011
I may add:

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.

Sep 19, 2012 8:33 AM

Dec 2011
Arcana Heart, Dead or Alive, and Maple Story (about the newer classes they released or about the Adventurer classes and included the Pirate.), Blazblue, and Skullgirls.
Sep 19, 2012 12:44 PM

May 2012
RoastedLikeEva said:
I think a Mirror's Edge anime would be awesome!
How exactly would a Mirrors Edge anime work?

I know the game lacks dialogue and any sort of relationship between characters, But I still think that given a few tweaks story wise it has the basis of what could be a really enjoyable anime. I don't really know why but I can just picture it in my head... And I would also like to see a Metal Gear Solid anime, that would be amazing!
RoastedLikeEvaSep 19, 2012 12:52 PM
Sep 19, 2012 12:57 PM
Mar 2012
Phantasy star
Sep 19, 2012 1:02 PM

Sep 2012
Assassins Creed
Sep 19, 2012 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
Call me crazy, but I'd actually be pretty cool if Bully was an anime.

I mean, it's school life, all about the characters, interesting plot twists, lots of variety with what they could write, Hell, it doesn't sound half bad.

That, or a Kingdom Hearts anime. I'd watch it.
Sep 19, 2012 2:01 PM

Nov 2010
I change my vote to Shadow of the Colossus, a game that doesn't use any known language so it can be subbed in an language and still get the same experience. The music is beautiful, IGN calls it the best game for the ps2. The story is about a teenager venturing into an unknown land to bring a girl back to life, and having to defeat 16 colossi to achieve his goal.

Main and the girl

Main fighting Colossi
Sep 19, 2012 2:03 PM

Mar 2010
Fire emblem would be a really amazing anime, Golden sun too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
Mirrors Edge
Sep 19, 2012 2:46 PM

Sep 2012
BeYourself said:
Fire emblem would be a really amazing anime, Golden sun too.

I'd watch a Golden Sun anime.
Sep 19, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
I change my vote to Shadow of the Colossus, a game that doesn't use any known language so it can be subbed in an language and still get the same experience. The music is beautiful, IGN calls it the best game for the ps2. The story is about a teenager venturing into an unknown land to bring a girl back to life, and having to defeat 16 colossi to achieve his goal.

Wouldn't work. You'd have to stretch out the plot, so an anime adaptation would wind up more like the story of Pandora's Tower than SOTC.
Sep 19, 2012 3:04 PM

Sep 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Wouldn't work. You'd have to stretch out the plot, so an anime adaptation would wind up more like the story of Pandora's Tower than SOTC.

I agree with this. I thought what a SOTC anime would be like before I posted, but it just wouldn't cut. It might work as a 2-3 episode OVA, but not a full-blown series.
Sep 19, 2012 3:38 PM

Nov 2010
AceFront said:
Hakuromatsu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I agree with this. I thought what a SOTC anime would be like before I posted, but it just wouldn't cut. It might work as a 2-3 episode OVA, but not a full-blown series.
Well then how about a movie, doesn't have to be a series. The fights don't have to be that long, there is enough plot from the beginning and the ending of the game for like 30 - 45 minutes, and with a nice twist at the end.
The story would be a lot easier to adapt if there was another character, but then again that might take away some of the charm of SOTC. I would be happy with a small movie where I could enjoy the art, fights, and plot.
Sep 19, 2012 4:24 PM

Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
AceFront said:
Hakuromatsu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Well then how about a movie, doesn't have to be a series. The fights don't have to be that long, there is enough plot from the beginning and the ending of the game for like 30 - 45 minutes, and with a nice twist at the end.
The story would be a lot easier to adapt if there was another character, but then again that might take away some of the charm of SOTC. I would be happy with a small movie where I could enjoy the art, fights, and plot.

Like a short film? That would probably work even better. To bad there isn't enough dialogue to keep an anime adaptation striving, but hey, it could work if done right.
Sep 19, 2012 4:30 PM

Nov 2010
AceFront said:
IntroverTurtle said:
AceFront said:
Hakuromatsu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Like a short film? That would probably work even better. To bad there isn't enough dialogue to keep an anime adaptation striving, but hey, it could work if done right.
Yeah one of the charms of the game is that there was no real language and they didn't talk much, it let the visuals talk for them.
Sep 19, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2012
It would feel like a "recap" or "summary" of the game, then. SOTC is a work of art created for a very specific medium, and isn't translatable to any other medium -- and any attempt to would bastardize the game. You're talking about a lot of high-level ideas without paying attention to how the script and storyboard of such a project would actually turn out.
Sep 19, 2012 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
It would feel like a "recap" or "summary" of the game, then. SOTC is a work of art created for a very specific medium, and isn't translatable to any other medium -- and any attempt to would bastardize the game. You're talking about a lot of high-level ideas without paying attention to how the script and storyboard of such a project would actually turn out.

That's what we've been saying. It's clear SoTC is a very specifically vague game, to the point that it couldn't work as a 100% translation, but maybe a "highlights" type of short film/OVA would work best.
Sep 19, 2012 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
AceFront said:
That's what we've been saying. It's clear SoTC is a very specifically vague game, to the point that it couldn't work as a 100% translation, but maybe a "highlights" type of short film/OVA would work best.

Be more specific, in that case -- give me a better idea of what you envision. I think it'd be a bastardization no matter what, but let me at least hear your ideas.
Sep 19, 2012 6:44 PM

Sep 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
AceFront said:

Like highlighting the Beginning of the game, then a few of the fights with some of the God-guy's dialogue, then rinse and repeat for a few more of the most memorable fights, then end.

The way I see it, it'd be more of a pro-lounged commercial/trailer for the game.
Sep 19, 2012 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
Here is a compilation of the replies people posted that I thought would be a good idea, or some were from me. So this is some of the replies in a nutshell.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Infamous
Half Life 2
Bioshock
Catherine
Halo
Fallout
Assassins Creed
Silent Hill
Uncharted
Bayonetta
Skyrim
Zelda
Resistance: Fall of Man
Metroid
BlazBlue
Final Fantasy
Dragon Age
Mortal Kombat
Even Guitar Hero could make a decent anime if it gets a decent plot. It could become a more punk version of IDOLM@STER
Sep 23, 2012 12:05 AM

Dec 2009
TheSmickey said:
Here is a compilation of the replies people posted that I thought would be a good idea, or some were from me. So this is some of the replies in a nutshell.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Infamous
Half Life 2
Bioshock
Catherine
Halo
Fallout
Assassins Creed
Silent Hill
Uncharted
Bayonetta
Skyrim
Zelda
Resistance: Fall of Man
Metroid
BlazBlue
Final Fantasy
Dragon Age
Mortal Kombat
Even Guitar Hero could make a decent anime if it gets a decent plot. It could become a more punk version of IDOLM@STER

Guitar Hero LUL
My Nuts Jumble.
Sep 23, 2012 12:37 AM
May 2007
Shenmue
Metal Gear
Ryu ga Gotoku
Sep 23, 2012 1:27 AM

Sep 2012
Grand Theft Auto

Maybe give it a Tokyo like setting instead of your standard GTA cities.
The main character should be someone like the character from GTA 3 at first, some low level hood doing crap jobs that works his way up to the top.

There could be a lot of ways to take the story.
One way would climax in a self destructive fashion where his lifestyle eventually catches up with him after reaching the near top of the organization.
Another path lets him find out something secret that makes him want out and takes the big boss' daughter with him.

There's enless possibilities for a Grand Theft Auto anime.
Pages (32) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

627 by internetguy214 »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you think male ecchi for men could work as a concept?

Anjuro - Yesterday

33 by 210200 »»
1 hour ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 12 hours ago

23 by 210200 »»
1 hour ago

» Isekais that you think are actually good and why

IpreferEcchi - Sep 16

44 by Zettaiken »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » does japan care about spoilers like the west? also if youre active on the internet you will get spoiled

deg - Yesterday

20 by 210200 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.