Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2008 7:17 AM

Nov 2007
The story board is finally sobering up, I almost quited Geass.

Also (I watched Eclipse's version)
Jeremiah: My master is not V.V. but Empress Marianne
so?
Is this Orange trying to foreshadow that Marianne is, after all the murder under her name, ALIVE?!
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Jul 9, 2008 8:05 AM

Mar 2008
AikoD said:
And... call me stupid... VV isn't a girl? o.O

Source materials confirmed that V.V. is male.
Jul 9, 2008 9:25 AM

May 2007
All I have to say is that Rollo needs to die now. Anyway, the story is getting more interesting.
Jul 9, 2008 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
Advyn said:

so?
Is this Orange trying to foreshadow that Marianne is, after all the murder under her name, ALIVE?!

Episode 4.33 (Picture Drama 5) - he was one of the guards under Marianne's command in the Aries palace. He feels guilty for being unable to protect her. His entire life is spent on trying to become Knight Of One, to be able to bring out the killers of Marianne into the judgment.

So, it snot foreshadowing, just a very poetic and sad saying, that she was and will be his life objective and guide, dead or not :)
Jul 9, 2008 12:27 PM

Nov 2007
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! damn rolo when his geass went on when Shirley mentioned nunnaly i knew he sas evil

well at least Jeremiah is joined with Lelouch

more questions are
were is C.C
what the hell is V.V doing i mean Cornelia was locked up on the next time bit
how was Rolo sent by 'The Order' maybe thhe order poses Lelouch as a threat

Jul 9, 2008 12:46 PM

Oct 2007
Well that was really well done, a roller coaster of emotions, angry for Rolo and depression for Shirley :|

Jul 9, 2008 3:10 PM

May 2008
Lets see
Thursday, Friday, Saturday
I count three more days til we get sumwhat satisfied until a another curveball is thrown at the end of the episode. all said and done i still can't wait for 14. It seems like what we've all been waiting for...
Jul 9, 2008 4:42 PM

Mar 2008
Well...

a shock ep...

Sayoko = kickass! :D
I don't believe in Orange-kun =S
OMG! poor lulu... but... i see it coming... shirley dead =/
Rolo... well u're going to be hated... (i still like u)
Where the fuck is karen????? miss her
Jul 9, 2008 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
SHIRLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Jul 9, 2008 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
Advyn said:

so?

What Fai said.
Loyalty surpasses death and whatnot, it's a common theme used in the majority of pop fiction and like half of all anime (in which loyalty is a theme in any aspect).

C.C.'s in China, Kallen is waiting to get raped by Brittanians, Rollo is a character I never really liked in the first place.
Jul 9, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2007
Maybe they'll bring Shirley back later on through some geass power. CC seems to be immortal after all..
Jul 9, 2008 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
Lelouch did not do anything which could be considered as really evil. If anything, for now he is the Batman of anime - the one to do the judgement, bu tnot the one to rule it later on.

I would say Lelouch has done plenty that's considered as evil.

His motives weren't exactly a bit more unselfish until recently. Before, he really only cared about what he thought Nunnally needed, what he thought Nunnally wanted and the issue with his vendetta. Those are all rather personal concerns. World equality took a back seat in Lelouch's mind to his own concerns about his sister.

He blew up an entire ship filled with Japanese soldiers that had surrendered. I don't know about you but killing helpless and defeated soldiers doesn't exactly seem like something righteous to me. Especially when you manipulate information about the matter and paint their death in lies to better your own cause. Evil? Quite so.

And Euphy's death? He didn't have to shoot her with the intent to kill. The situation with the geass was obviously a mistake but as has been proven as of late (or like Lelouch should've considered at the time), the geass was and is still a rather unknown weapon and whether or not it can be negated and cancelled was another issue. He could've very easily just kidnapped her and held her captive until the issue with geass became better known.

The bottom line is Lelouch shot her out of his own judgment and because, ultimately, he didn't value her life more than his own motives. You would think that Euphy died for a better world but that notion was entirely abandoned at the end of season 1. Euphy was murdered for Lelouch's selfish motives and nothing more. Killing innocent friends because it's going to help yourself? Evil? Quite so.

Geassing countless people into hurting and betraying those close to them also isn't something of justice or righteousness. It's conniving, manipulative, and generally a rather low-blow.

Fai said:
Unless Rollo fell asleep while using his geass, I just can't see any other person doing that - the main point, i bet won't be "who killed iher for real", but "how and will Lulu find out the truth that it was Rollo? How will Rollo try to get out of the situation?)

overall I see Rollo trying to blame it on V.V(would fit "he is guilty for all the stuff") or Suzaku(would paralel on How Suzaku blamed Lulu for Yufie's death) or even Orange(cause he is the only danger to Rollo now - an easy way for Lulu to finish Rollo off)

Well, first, Rollo's geass has an area of effect. Someone outside that area can still shoot someone to death that's inside Rolo's geass range.

And lastly, if Lelouch wants to kill Rollo, it's as easy as setting up an automated sniper or a timed bomb. He wouldn't have any problems with killing Rollo if he wanted to. Bringing up Orange is irrelevant to this.

Fai said:
SO when "good guys" kill people its all good, because they have good ideals? never mind that the reasons re the same.

Except when good guys kill helpless, demoralized, and somewhat innocent people for selfish reasons, it's not all good.

Fai said:
Lelouch is NOT a bad guy, as I said he is a "batman", an antihero (how many times did batman has thrown the badguys up into the barrels of acid, locked up in pretty torturious jails and etc, so will he die in the end too?). Yes vengeance is there too. But the main reason is the different world. All the deaths he wanted to commit are perfectly justified and he feels the guilt for the ones he did not want to commit, but his goals are pure and will - strong enough for them to stay the same.

Lelouch's motives have changed over time but that's another issue -- you yourself said they changed in the very next sentence after this paragraph. Batman was killing and murdering villains. The key word here and the word that once removed discredits this entire point is the word villain. And perfectly justified pure goals? They've become more pure but before, they were far from pure. It's fine to like a character but you're bordering on being a CG homer.

Lelouch's goals during season 1 were a product of his own judgement and ultimately proved to be limited to just that. It was never an issue of world equality before all. Never. It was never an issue with world peace or overthrowing Brittannia. It was always his perception of what Nunnally wanted and needed and his personal vendetta that was at the center of his world until recently.

Do you think that Nunnally wanted the world to change at the cost of hundreds if not thousands of human lives? Do you think Nunnally would've wanted any of this if she knew it would cost her Euphy's life and Shirley's happiness? Do you think she'd be happy to hear her brother has murdered countless people in cold blood using her name as a reason? Nunnally didn't want this. It was an issue of Lelouch thinking she needed it.
removed-userJul 9, 2008 9:31 PM
Jul 9, 2008 7:51 PM

Jun 2008
Kayro said:
Lelouch + Terminator Orange= Best combo ever!!

Lol, that's what I was thinking when Jeremiah was staggering towards Lelouch, he looked like T-1000.

I thought Rolo would've made Shirley's death look like a suicide.
Jul 9, 2008 8:29 PM

Jul 2007
oh that ep made me so happy, Rolo ilu >D
Jul 10, 2008 1:01 AM

Aug 2007
Ehem..and 14 pages later..

SHIRLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2008 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
haha that bitch died ^_^
Jul 10, 2008 9:15 AM

Apr 2008
Brian333 said:
And Euphy's death? He didn't have to shoot her with the intent to kill. The situation with the geass was obviously a mistake but as has been proven as of late (or like Lelouch should've considered at the time), the geass was and is still a rather unknown weapon and whether or not it can be negated and cancelled was another issue. He could've very easily just kidnapped her and held her captive until the issue with geass became better known.

Considering the fact that Lelouch was quite shocked with how the things turned out, i.e. him losing control of his Geass, even though he's been known for his cold blood during difficult situations I don't think what you suggest could ever be the case. Maybe it's me remembering the infamous episode wrong but it seemed to me that Euphy managed to persuade him to her ideas and get Lelouch's support, so it's not he could forgive himself easily and simply proceed to wondering if, or even how his Geass could be reversed. C.C. did tell him it's a permanent and absolute thingie, ne?

Brian333 said:
And lastly, if Lelouch wants to kill Rollo, it's as easy as setting up an automated sniper or a timed bomb. He wouldn't have any problems with killing Rollo if he wanted to.

We're talking about vengeance here, aren't we? I can't imagine a hero being satisfied with a 'simple' quiet assassination. After all, you have to confront the wrong-doer (it's ironic I'm not talking about Lelouch here) and make him understand what the punishment comes for, right?

And, well, I'm sorry for Shirley. Maybe it's not over yet? This Geass thing is still a mystery ;).
失われた翼を探して
Jul 10, 2008 1:17 PM

Dec 2007
You know, I spent all last season and half of this one wishing that Shirley would hurry up and die. And now that she's actually dead I kinda wish she wasn't...

-shrug- Oh, well. Guess I need to find a new charrie to hate...Hm. I wonder how Rollo plans on getting out of this situation...?
Jul 10, 2008 1:51 PM

Jul 2008
This episode made up for the rest, it was a shame to see Shirley die (Who knows maybe she didn't die, although highly unlikely) I wouldn't be surprised if Suzaku and Lelouch join forces or something since they both lost someone they cared for. I guess we'll have to wait for the next episode...
Jul 10, 2008 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
dareck said:
Considering the fact that Lelouch was quite shocked with how the things turned out, i.e. him losing control of his Geass, even though he's been known for his cold blood during difficult situations I don't think what you suggest could ever be the case. Maybe it's me remembering the infamous episode wrong but it seemed to me that Euphy managed to persuade him to her ideas and get Lelouch's support, so it's not he could forgive himself easily and simply proceed to wondering if, or even how his Geass could be reversed. C.C. did tell him it's a permanent and absolute thingie, ne?

Season 1 spoilers:

dareck said:
We're talking about vengeance here, aren't we? I can't imagine a hero being satisfied with a 'simple' quiet assassination. After all, you have to confront the wrong-doer (it's ironic I'm not talking about Lelouch here) and make him understand what the punishment comes for, right?

And, well, I'm sorry for Shirley. Maybe it's not over yet? This Geass thing is still a mystery ;).

Setting Rolo up for death with either of those options also doesn't have to be a quiet assassination. I don't know where you got that idea. It could very easily still have the element of confrontation. Confining Rolo to a situation where his geass is useless and they can still talk is not hard. It's not as if Orange magically solves Lelouch's problems with dealing with Rolo as there are no problems to being with in killing Rolo.
Jul 11, 2008 2:25 AM

Jun 2007
Spoliers for season one and two:

Jul 11, 2008 5:14 AM

Mar 2008
"There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it …"

By now, both Lelouch and Suzaku is in pursuit of pure power to achieve their goals, personal or otherwise. Nobody can judge what they do is evil or not, because, like everything else, good and evil is subjective, especially in the world they live in; a world polarized into many sides who just can't seem to agree with each other.
Jul 11, 2008 5:19 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty awesome episode. And yet another reason why Orange is the most fantastic character. Who needs guns whens my arms make swords?
Shirley died...Lelouch is going to kill Rolo anyway. Theres another reason now.
Who does Viletta love more? Jeremiah or Ohgi?
Jul 11, 2008 5:52 AM
Nov 2007
Fai said:
anderkent said:

Excuse me?
Lelouch is obviously the bad guy in here. Maybey not from character, but from actions for sure. How many people do you think he has killed? And for what? Vengence, ambition? Did you think about what you are trying to glorificate.

I respect Suzaku way more then Lelouch. Suzaku took the right way, which happenes to be much harder then terrorism. Everyone can go and kill people nowadays, saying hes doing it for a greater good. And if you say its nothing wrong, well, then theres something definitely wrong with you.

SO when "good guys" kill people its all good, because they have good ideals? never mind that the reasons re the same.

Lelouch is NOT a bad guy, as I said he is a "batman", an antihero (how many times did batman has thrown the badguys up into the barrels of acid, locked up in pretty torturious jails and etc, so will he die in the end too?). Yes vengeance is there too. But the main reason is the different world. All the deaths he wanted to commit are perfectly justified and he feels the guilt for the ones he did not want to commit, but his goals are pure and will - strong enough for them to stay the same.

As the show has shown - he is not even doing it for his sister now. he is doing it for all the people he know, for Kallen, for Student Council, for everyone there

Ghandi and Pope are pretty much only persons who believe that the peace can reach something. They are also pretty much the only humans to be ABLE to do it

That said, only Garibaldi and Napoleon conquered cities without even one kill - when there's a totalitarian fascist empire on your nose, you do not try to snuggle up with them, you try to retain who you are. Hence why V succeeded in his objective of overthrowing Britain dictatorship( V for Vendetta).

Suzaku on other hand is doing EXACTLY the same as Lelouch. The only difference is that the one acknowledges that it is bad, but nevertheless goes on(Lelouch) to reach his goal and the other believes he is doing it for greater good of his own countrymen(Suzaku), even though he is such a killer, that he earned the title of "White Shinigami". And for what? To become a dictator to his own people, to force his own morals and ideas upon his native country?

Where exackly is Suzaku killing not in self-defence or while defending others around?

The difference between the two is the difference between agression and self defence. There are diplomatic and political means that one can achieve his goal - here, separation of Japan from the British empire - through. On the other hand, this is only Suzaku's goal. Lelouch has chosen his 'carnage path' not to reestablish Japan, but to avenge his mother, or more likely the shame of being thrown out from the ruling group.
Sorry, but i dont get your batman analogy, never read anything about the guy. Still, from what you write, i could easily call him evil, possesed by his power. What allows him to decide about other people lives by himself? We've got courts for that, you know.
How is Lelus goal pure? Its a world as twisted as the one he's fighting, the only difference is that he is the ruler there, not his father. And it would probably be called the empire of japan, not sure about that though
Jul 11, 2008 10:25 AM

Dec 2007
I didn't really like this episode as much as the others this season, it was okay but it just seemed far-fetched in a couple of ways. The first is that Lelouch was willing to jump off of a building to save Shirley and was only saved by being grabbed by Suzaku. The other is how quickly Orange converted over to join Lelouch, I saw people saying that there was a picture drama or something explaining his loyalty to Marianne but since I didn't know it existed this is all new to me just now. Anyway as much as Shirley is a minor character it's sad to see her go, I've always had a soft spot for the sweet, innocent types. Even though it's out there Orange and Zero on the same side is going to make this show destroy, I'll have to check out the back story of why he wanted to be a knight-of-one to understand his intentions more, but I don't know where to find it.

#NBHNC
Jul 11, 2008 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
but was amazing
Jul 11, 2008 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
I enjoyed the episode, though not totally pleased with some of the outcomes. Shirley was one of my fave characters, but I'm glad Jeremiah might actually come to his senses.
Jul 11, 2008 12:43 PM

Jun 2007
Bwahahaha! She's dead! <3

Jul 11, 2008 2:38 PM

Dec 2007
OP looks okay to me. Nooo, Shirley. :( WTF at Orange-kun that he become Lulu's side. Interesting episode. V.V is Cornelia's uncle? O.o Yay for Cornelia.
Jul 11, 2008 3:25 PM
Jul 2008
I can't believe hey killed Shirley >< she's like my favorite character in the whole geass series ToT. I hope Rolo pays for it
Jul 11, 2008 8:59 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode, most of it was fairly surprising to me. Rolo just dug his grave, Lulu will kill him when he finds out.
Jul 11, 2008 10:07 PM

May 2008
Three Things
1. Shirly!!!!
2. Sayako= bamf!!!!
3. rolo is screwed. he cant go back to the guild and Lulu going to destroy rolo if he can figure out that rolo killed shirley (or did he? lol).

I wonder who lulu going to blame shirleys death on? (probably rolo, through him the guild, through them the empire) but if he doesn't figure out if it was rolo things could get intresting. Also is anyone else getting the feeling Nunally's going to die soon?
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Jul 12, 2008 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
shirley died ahhhhh well i was actually starting to like her but oh well but whats really starting to get on my nerves is this rolo guy like get over it your not his brother GOSH will someone get rid of him already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 12, 2008 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Rolo = Yaoi fan attractor. It's like racial diversity in casting for a movie. Rolo is there to capture a certain audience so I doubt he'll be dying unless someone else develops a relationship with Lulu that fangirls can fantasize about. Suzaku has kind of fallen out of favor. Orange? I pray to god no...
Jul 12, 2008 1:23 PM

Mar 2008
Brian333 said:
Rolo = Yaoi fan attractor. It's like racial diversity in casting for a movie. Rolo is there to capture a certain audience so I doubt he'll be dying unless someone else develops a relationship with Lulu that fangirls can fantasize about. Suzaku has kind of fallen out of favor. Orange? I pray to god no...

There's a reason why Code Geass is popular to fanboys and fangirls alike ^^

then again, original character design=effin' CLAMP >_>
Jul 12, 2008 5:19 PM

Mar 2007
Interesting that he has a new ally.

Jul 13, 2008 12:12 AM

Jun 2007
If theres one thing I've learned from watching Code Geass its that you can never believe what you just saw until the next episode. So I'm gonna save my bitching about Shirley's death for the next ep when I know for sure how she died and who killed her.

Other then that, this episode was amazing.
Jul 13, 2008 1:29 AM

Jan 2008
Rolo... this time? This time, when I liked you? TwT Shirley! And everything by the one word... one name - Nunnaly. ;_____________;
Jul 13, 2008 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
-_- shirley RIP
~de Arimasu
Jul 14, 2008 11:04 AM

Sep 2007
LOL 40...

Ahh poor Shirley so tragic so moving so perfect. Oh well guess thats the end of that question. Now it is down to two... C.C. or Kallen?

Great episode.
Jul 14, 2008 7:25 PM

Mar 2008
What an episode. This series always surprises me.
Jul 14, 2008 7:31 PM

Apr 2007
OP is awesome, but not as awesome as the OP for 24/25 of the first season by access.

ED is totally awful though! D:

I'm gonna miss Shirley...she might come back though........

Jul 15, 2008 3:37 AM

Jan 2008
Omg, noooooooooooooooooo. ;__;
w00t for Orange-kun though.
New OP is a lot better.
Jul 15, 2008 5:44 AM

Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:
If theres one thing I've learned from watching Code Geass its that you can never believe what you just saw until the next episode. So I'm gonna save my bitching about Shirley's death for the next ep when I know for sure how she died and who killed her.

Other then that, this episode was amazing.

LOL @ your signature, it's like this t-shirt
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/japanese/74a3/
Jul 17, 2008 1:42 PM

Jun 2007
Ugh -_- i dunno why but i was dissappointed when Orange-kun joined Lulu. Poor shirley and whatever but yeah she died in a weird way and im almost sure it was Rolo i mean what would be the reason for Suzaku to do it if he wasnt even there?
New OP and END yay! :D
Jul 18, 2008 8:54 AM

Apr 2007
It's so messed up that Shirley died. I was so into the whole LelouchXShirley. Damn you Rolo, but for some reason I don't hate him or want him to die.
The thing with Orange freaked me out. I was like 'wth'. But whatever Lelouch is all for it and he has another um minion? whatever...

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Jul 20, 2008 7:31 AM

Feb 2008
Oh god. Shirley's gone? T___T
Loving the new OP and ED. Plus more original CLAMP artworks for the ED automatically means epic win.

Great episode though, but I actually liked Shirley :\
Jul 20, 2008 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
Brian333 said:
Rolo = Yaoi fan attractor. It's like racial diversity in casting for a movie. Rolo is there to capture a certain audience so I doubt he'll be dying unless someone else develops a relationship with Lulu that fangirls can fantasize about.

lmao xD
good point
Jul 27, 2008 8:10 PM

Mar 2008
I feel sad now.. my favorite character in the series died.. D:

Almost don't feel like watching anymore..

and still hate rolo and suzaku, I swear they're gay lovers. >.<
Jul 31, 2008 5:29 AM

Apr 2007
I was spoiled with this episode ages ago, but I was still in tense waiting for the moment. Shirley ;_; ... I actually liked her...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1904 by felipecardel »»
May 30, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

576 by bubba460z »»
May 28, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PimpToad - Apr 6, 2008

404 by bubba460z »»
May 26, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

370 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

306 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.