Forum Settings
Forums

Hirano Aya Banned From Appearing in Newly Started Anime By Her Manager

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 7, 2011 11:31 AM

May 2009
Even though she comes across as an attention whore to me, I can't deny that she has a good voice and has starred in a lot of shows I liked.

I wonder if it's something her management is to blame for or that it might be because of something she did that pissed them off. Either that, or she didn't read the fine print on her contract.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2011 11:35 AM

May 2009
I really couldn't care less about what she does with her personal life, and I'm not going to let that affect how I view her as a voice actor and singer. I think she's really good at both.
Apr 7, 2011 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
I mostly ignore the drama stuff with her, because I find it annoying, but I do think she has a good voice, so it kind of sucks for her to not be able to do any new anime.
Apr 7, 2011 11:49 AM
Dec 2007
I somehow doubt she's really all that up to voicing roles if all she does is whine about it instead of bringing the case to her manager. She's literally just an attention-starved idol.

Apr 7, 2011 11:53 AM

Nov 2008
Nachotee said:
Must... kill... manager....

This whole situation may warrant a nice boat ending.

Apr 7, 2011 11:55 AM

Sep 2008
Nachotee said:
Must... kill... manager....

Perfect Blue lol
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 7, 2011 11:57 AM

Mar 2010
Do any of you actually know her personally? No? Yeah.. figures.
She is a voice actress, judge her for that, not her personal life cause its none of any ones business, whether she posts junk on twitter or not. She does a fine job as a voice actress. No one here actually -knows- her that's pretty obvious. You all just know her because of her VA role, or at least began to hear about her. Don't be so ignorant.
Apr 7, 2011 11:58 AM

Nov 2010
kinda lame that the manager can just hand down a ban on her working, granted she can to sequals, but still
Apr 7, 2011 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
She is a great Seiyu.
I don't care about drama or whatever, she should just get a chance to work.
Apr 7, 2011 12:17 PM

Jan 2010
How much further can she fall?

Like, the only things that can happen to her now that would be drama inducing would be her having a shotgun wedding or coming out that she's addicted to meth.

I also never understood the fascination with her. She has a terrible voice and can't sing. Just because she got a few big roles doesn't mean she's great..she just knows how to "work" for positions.
Ok™
Apr 7, 2011 12:19 PM

Jun 2010
I like Hirano Aya as a seiyu. She did great as Haruhi and Lucy from Fairy Tail. Hopefully she comes back from this.
Apr 7, 2011 1:03 PM

Dec 2007
Defiance said:
People dislike her because shes stupid and arrogant.

Whyyy?

At first you sound like someone who shouldn't care about any celebrity drama at all, but apparently you do. A lot. I find that petty. Just let her whore herself out if that's what she wants to do. Those who eat her shit will continue to do so, and us normal folks can just enjoy her performances (well, i don't, really, for the most part, but that's another matter).
Apr 7, 2011 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
darkmar7 said:
I like Hirano Aya as a seiyu. She did great as Haruhi and Lucy from Fairy Tail. Hopefully she comes back from this.

Yeah, but it's not worth all the baggage that she brings along...

All her retarded fans and the nonstop drama from her OVERRATED life drives me crazy...I'm HAPPY she won't be infecting any new anime with her voice.

Volbla said:
Just let her whore herself out if that's what she wants to do. Those who eat her shit will continue to do so, and us normal folks can just enjoy her performances (well, i don't, really, for the most part, but that's another matter).

That would be fine....IF we didn't hear about her every other day...

HYSTERIC BARBIE needs to go away...
--ALEX--Apr 7, 2011 1:46 PM
Apr 7, 2011 1:58 PM

Dec 2008
I don't care what is she in personality, but I don't like her voice. ><
Any character she does must be: Dumb/Annoying/Brat/Sugar queen and that's how she sounds.
But Konata was great. ^___^

And that's it. Na-no-ne/De-aru/Relo XD
Apr 7, 2011 3:06 PM

Oct 2009
As much as I like Aya Hirano's role as Haruhi and Konata, she is way too overrated in this seiyuu world.

But to have her manager force her to stop working on newer roles is... most notably...outrageous.

Apr 7, 2011 3:27 PM
Dec 2009
what type of drama did she do anyway?

Apr 7, 2011 3:54 PM

Sep 2010
gotta love it.. wanna see moar of this :s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwDPPifD1U
Apr 7, 2011 4:02 PM

Mar 2009
That's bad for her.
Apr 7, 2011 4:09 PM

Mar 2011
alexcampos said:

All her retarded fans and the nonstop drama from her OVERRATED life drives me crazy...I'm HAPPY she won't be infecting any new anime with her voice.

The fuck is an "Overrated life" ? XD
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"
Apr 7, 2011 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
alexcampos said:
Aya Hirano should be banned from anime period...

Exactly :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2011 4:16 PM
Nov 2008
McRib said:
How much further can she fall?

Like, the only things that can happen to her now that would be drama inducing would be her having a shotgun wedding or coming out that she's addicted to meth.

Wait, isn't she married already or something? I can't keep up with her retarded public announcements.
Apr 7, 2011 4:34 PM
Mar 2010
Honestly, I don't care (and I'm sure most of us don't) about her personal life. I like her voice, and so I hope she stays in the anime business; but other than that, I could care less what she does.
Apr 7, 2011 4:41 PM

Aug 2010
well thats too bad for her, i hope she can get more roles sometime.
though it seems she has already had a ton of major roles....
Apr 7, 2011 4:48 PM

Oct 2010
Aww, man. I really enjoyed her voice acting as Minato from Akane-Iro.

Whatever she chooses to do with her free time is entirely up to her. That manager should just quit and she finds a new one.
Apr 7, 2011 4:57 PM

Mar 2009
booooooo
Apr 7, 2011 5:49 PM

Oct 2008
excellent after kimi ni todoke i dont think i want to hear her again, except as haruhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii......................................
Apr 7, 2011 6:29 PM

Feb 2010
I never heard of this kind of issue. O.O It's pretty weird for me. But it's also weird that I haven't been paying attention to her voice (because some of her most popular roles in anime's were one's I saw in dubbed ages ago) plus, I'm, honestly, not too crazy for her.

I don't dislike her, just so you know.
Apr 7, 2011 7:27 PM

Feb 2010
she's been a cold streak for awhile
Apr 7, 2011 8:06 PM

Mar 2010
"Seikon no Qwaser II and Maria†Holic"
Well, i guess that she's getting low in her career so that have to accept roles like that

Apr 7, 2011 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
i don't care bout her personal life -_-, she's a great VA
Apr 7, 2011 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
JohnShepard said:
alexcampos said:

The fuck is an "Overrated life" ? XD

A life that has been given more meaning or significance than what it really is....it fits her perfectly.

Maora said:
didn't she also admit that she was a slut? :x

Yep!

darkquach said:
"Seikon no Qwaser II and Maria†Holic"
Well, i guess that she's getting low in her career so that have to accept roles like that

Voice Actors don't give a SHIT whether the anime is good or not, it's a job....

VA are not even required to be fans of the shows they're doing or to even acknowledge anime in general, again, MONEY is the motivating power, not the actual material.

This is why Mangakas should be admired more than VAs, unlike a VA, a mangaka (Most anyways) care about what they're working on, and to more than a few it means a whole lot more than just a paycheck.
Apr 7, 2011 8:58 PM

Jun 2008
thank the fucking gods of all that is right that she didn't end up in maria holic.

I actually want to enjoy that show.
Apr 7, 2011 10:08 PM

Apr 2009
dtshyk said:
Seiyu Hirano Aya disclosed in her twitter that her management office Spacecraft Entertainment has been prohibiting her from appearing in newly started anime since last year.

hey hey hey, thats what she said, for all we know

she have been "pushing blame" to this 'manager' fellow, who know if this is another one

and who know if she is telling the truth or not
Apr 8, 2011 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
bergil said:
Her manager is banging her.

Now that's another issue.
Apr 8, 2011 3:52 PM

Mar 2009
nobody remembers that she has a brain tumor?

it's normal to ban her when she said "Sometimes the tumour presses on my optic nerve and I go blind or stop being able to speak"

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/11/02/aya-hirano-i-have-a-brain-tumour/

Apr 8, 2011 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
Hirano Aya news thread and here goes everyone. too damn overrated.
Apr 9, 2011 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
stop with the dillema already .. it seems like more people hate her than people who likes her .
She did a great job as a seiyuu didnt she . Hottoikeee . Leave her alone .. -__-"
I have no time or any intention to make a vid of me saying 'Leave her ALONE ! while crying n say LEAVE HER ALONE n cry again n says LEAVE HER ALONE again' video and post it on youtube like the infamous guy /girl who told people to leave Brittany alone ..i wouldnt waste my tears on her .

:OO ...i mean , her work is amazing . dont bother bout her personal life .
HAKUNA MATATA it means no worries

I'm a lazy maiden . So lazy you can say if there are work on the bed, I would rather sleep on the floor.
Apr 9, 2011 10:48 AM
Dec 2007
Baka_kitsune said:
stop with the dillema already .. it seems like more people hate her than people who likes her .
She did a great job as a seiyuu didnt she . Hottoikeee . Leave her alone .. -__-"
I have no time or any intention to make a vid of me saying 'Leave her ALONE ! while crying n say LEAVE HER ALONE n cry again n says LEAVE HER ALONE again' video and post it on youtube like the infamous guy /girl who told people to leave Brittany alone ..i wouldnt waste my tears on her .

:OO ...i mean , her work is amazing . dont bother bout her personal life .
Is this the Seiyuu version of "Leave Britney Alone", cause no one's buying this crap. Unlike the stars of Hollywood (showboats like Paris Hilton excluded) who gets constantly followed by the media, Aya herself is the one that ventilates every little bit of information to the media, either through official interviews or Twitter. I have zero pity for someone that is obviously starving for constant attention.

Apr 9, 2011 6:28 PM

Dec 2010
Twitters are made to share thoughts. If you're following, then don't complain.
I don't even know who this VA is, I'm too green in anime to even recognize voices (I think only two, so far), let alone know their names. But it does not matter.
Is she a bad VA? Then give her an hiatus to work on it. Is she good? Then drop the ad nominems and let her take care of her own business.
Leon: I hate Britney as well, but because she's an utterly awful performer, not because of the stupid stuff she does outside the studio. It doesn't concern me at all.
Just because this VA is informing people (and, I suppose she has fans too) of what's happening, it doesn't mean she's a whore. I think...
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 9, 2011 6:35 PM

Feb 2011
WTH is her manager? It's gonna be so weird with someone else being the seiyu of Lucy.
WATASHI WA KANBIKIJANAI DESU! YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU!
Apr 10, 2011 1:01 AM
Dec 2007
BrickBreak said:
I don't even know who this VA is, I'm too green in anime to even recognize voices (I think only two, so far), let alone know their names. But it does not matter.
Is she a bad VA? Then give her an hiatus to work on it. Is she good? Then drop the ad nominems and let her take care of her own business.
Leon: I hate Britney as well, but because she's an utterly awful performer, not because of the stupid stuff she does outside the studio. It doesn't concern me at all.
Just because this VA is informing people (and, I suppose she has fans too) of what's happening, it doesn't mean she's a whore. I think...
Being an attention seeker and being a whore are not the same thing. I never said she was a whore, although others did (she herself painted herself as such during an interview anyway so it's her fault if people perceive her as such).

BTW, it is true that's what Twitter is for, but there's a limit to the sharing. I like to think of her as a japanese equivalent of Paris Hilton, except with an actual hint of talent.

Apr 10, 2011 9:44 AM
Sep 2007
I think she's a decent seiyuu with rather recognizable voice; couldn't care less about what she's doing in her personal life.

Well, that's what virgins who don't want to see their pure idols tainted are there for.
And those who are jealous.

Member Favorites: 10370
Apr 10, 2011 11:31 AM

Jul 2008
BrickBreak said:
Are you trying to say that you can only judge someone off their skills and not the person themselves? If so, I think you are sadly mistaken.
Apr 10, 2011 11:41 AM

Dec 2010
Defiance said:
Are you trying to say that you can only judge someone off their skills and not the person themselves? If so, I think you are sadly mistaken.
People who I don't know of, don't interact with everyday, who personal character has no major influence in life, yes.
And not only because of being close to me, but because it isn't possible for me or anyone else to evaluate someone's character without knowing them, just going by the media.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

Apr 10, 2011 4:33 PM

Jul 2008
BrickBreak said:
Defiance said:
People who I don't know of, don't interact with everyday, who personal character has no major influence in life, yes.
And not only because of being close to me, but because it isn't possible for me or anyone else to evaluate someone's character without knowing them, just going by the media.
I don't think you believe your own words to the fullest and are being subjective. If you meant what you said that would mean you've never been skeptical of celebrities like Mel Gibson, Britney Spears or Paris Hilton based off the crazy shit they have done.

To go to an even further extent, are you saying I can't judge Hitler as a person?
Apr 10, 2011 9:58 PM

Apr 2010
I think it pretty much comes down to one thing, money. It's more than likely due to that rant last year where she basically told anime otaku F U if they didn't like her imperfect idol image. Due to that, producers for new anime shows don't want anything to do with her.

Those same otaku that she's fed up with are the same ones that will go out spend money on products related to the shows. Do you think they'll buy something related to a character she's a VA for after that rant? No way. So producers are essentially blacklisting her for now due to it. Because to them, it would hurt the fanbase & sales of the show if they add her to a show. That's probably why she's only doing roles for shows she's done in the past right now.
tangytangerineApr 11, 2011 2:00 AM
Apr 14, 2011 10:24 AM
Jul 2010
Jousk said:

it's normal to ban her when she said "Sometimes the tumour presses on my optic nerve and I go blind or stop being able to speak"

Is it just me thinking that she could have made that up in order to get attention?
Apr 14, 2011 12:56 PM
Dec 2007
Lightyear8684 said:
Jousk said:

Is it just me thinking that she could have made that up in order to get attention?
If that's true then she would have gone from an attention-starved idol into the realm of distastefulness. You can't go around claiming you have potentially-fatal conditions. That's just offensive to those who do have to deal with those illnesses.

Apr 14, 2011 1:50 PM

Dec 2010
Defiance said:
BrickBreak said:
Defiance said:
I don't think you believe your own words to the fullest and are being subjective. If you meant what you said that would mean you've never been skeptical of celebrities like Mel Gibson, Britney Spears or Paris Hilton based off the crazy shit they have done.

To go to an even further extent, are you saying I can't judge Hitler as a person?

Of course I've been. But, to be blunt, I simply do not give a shit about that kind of people. If it was someone close to me I'd either step up and make them change or part ways it them. As they're not, instead of being too judgmental, I try not to care at all. Not that's it's easy sometimes...

And Hitler does not apply because his personality did leave a major scar in this world.

Apr 14, 2011 7:04 PM
Dec 2007
BrickBreak said:

And Hitler does not apply because his personality did leave a major scar in this world.
To be fair, it's not like Hitler alone shared his views, he just had the most power out of them. Let's not forget the US themselves treated japanese-smericans as crap during World War 2, going to the point that they were sent to camps....yes, just like good old Hitler did. It's hilarious how history gets shaped by the winners and truth be damned.

I might add I'm not defending Hitler, just trying to put some perspective. People are never simple.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Bones Produces 'Gachiakuta' TV Anime Adaptation for 2025

Vindstot - 11 hours ago

18 by ryzxgum »»
17 minutes ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Jun 9

35 by Ghefira »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Season 2 Reveals Additional Cast, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jun 8

13 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Shy 2nd Season' Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Elior21 »»
4 hours ago

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

40 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.