Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 2, 2011 3:22 AM

Nov 2008
twonline said:
Char0079 said:
Intrigued1525 said:
Was that one guy who was building the radio tower really Clain's father?

That was his father, yeah. Which makes no sense since we see his fathers doppel (meaning he is in range of Fractale) in the first episode, and the man on the hill has a house with an antenna that seems to have taken quite a while to build. Just one more gaping plot hole to throw on the pile.

What...... That man is Clain's father.... There was no reference to that in the Anime as I recall....
It was heavily implied to be case when Phryne said "I know that boy" after looking at the photographs she took from his house. The boy in question was most likely a baby Clain.

As for the anime itself, it had potential, but there wasn't enough development of the world it was set in for it to be good. What this anime really needed to do was to drop all of the "Clain is a pervert" scenes, use the time freed by that to compress the story into 10 episodes (if possible) and make the spare episode (preferably episode 5) focused solely on the history of the Fractale system and the lost millennium, withholding info that was only to be revealed at the end of the series, of course.

They could have then made a couple of DVD/Blu-ray specials, one light-hearted and focusing on Clain's daily life on the ship, free to include as many "Clain is a pervert" jokes as they wished (essentially how episode 5 was) and another focusing on the "God" of Fractale. That would have probably been enough to make this series much better than it was.

As it is, it is only half-decent, and I gave it 7/10 mostly because it is better than Xam'd, which i gave 6/10, but if I moved that down 1 point, Fractale would probably follow it.

Finally, I recommend anyone who saw potential in this to read The Music of Marie. It is essentially Fractale done right (despite the apparent difference in setting, the issues covered are pretty much identical) and is one of the best manga I have read, so read it if you haven't already.
Rosa_FOEtidaApr 2, 2011 3:25 AM
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 2, 2011 5:08 AM

Oct 2007
Char0079 said:
I guess the big important revelation could have been that Phryne needed to be sixteen instead of ten, but if that were the case, Clain's Phryne wouldn't be special at all. There'd be no reason for her to be seen as important, because any number of the other Phryne's could have been kept until they were sixteen. It was the circumstances of her life that were important, in my view.
Well you could be right that Clain's Phryne wasn't anything special but you have to realized that there is no other 16-year-old right now and if he want a new one he has to wait for another 6 years and that is pretty long if you ask me. And that is not to say that we really need one right now which make Clain's Phryne become important because of the situation.

DeathfireD said:
Her "Father" figured out that God Phryne was not really 10 and that past predecessors where assuming that both the memories (nessa) and the body (Phryne) had to be 10 in order to form the key. The whole wanting to rape her thing was his own twisted fun that didn't really have any relevance to the story in my opinion...at least not that they had time to explain.
You shouldn't be so sure of that :D
I would ask you to watch the record video again or simply read this line again "It's Kinda scary, but Daddy would get mad at me and I don't want to be punished.". If you think about it, would you do such a thing to your very own daughter? Ringed a bell?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 2, 2011 6:12 AM

Nov 2007
Char0079 said:
Intrigued1525 said:
Was that one guy who was building the radio tower really Clain's father?

That was his father, yeah. Which makes no sense since we see his fathers doppel (meaning he is in range of Fractale) in the first episode, and the man on the hill has a house with an antenna that seems to have taken quite a while to build. Just one more gaping plot hole to throw on the pile.

Why a plothole? Dopples can exist without their creator synchronising on a daily basis.
Maybe his dad went within reach of the system once a month or so, to update.

LexLeogryfon said:
Hi folks!

Okay, here goes.
The original Phryne was a 16 year old girl, with a stuffed toy called Nessa.
She was abused by her father, and because of that her mind regressed to that of a 10-year old girl. For some odd reason, the creators used the body of this girl to create the Fractale system, and called her God.
Than the system starts to decay, so they need a girl with the same body and similar mind. The planted Original Phryne's mind onto Nessa, thinking she was a 10 year old girl, but no matter how much they tried to clone her, it didn't work.
Enter Bardot: he does some research and realises she was actually a 16 year old who suffered abuse. And so he puts the new Phryne through the same experience, creating similar circumstances.
In the end, the recent Phryne is able to accept the cruel world, because Clain loves her, and she wants to see Clain happy. Her body (Phryne) fuses with her mind (Nessa), they form the key, and the system does a reboot.
Don't ask how they're able to get back or stuff like that, that's one of the many plotholes.

LexLeogryfon said:
Okay another questions...
If fractale still working, why that blondie-loli and all her team must work as slaves? When fractale works, you dont! .

You didn't pay much attention while watching the show, did you?
Apr 2, 2011 7:20 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome ending to an overall enjoyable show.

9/10.
Apr 2, 2011 7:29 AM

Oct 2008
This is the way the world ends: not with a whimper, but in faceplaming silence.
Apr 2, 2011 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
Uh the ending felt so rushed, this had so much oppurtunity, yet they missed it :(
We almost know nothing of the Fractale system. Why was god a human, who is she?

Despite the ending, I liked it every week (ok, ep 2 was just timewasting), the highlights of this show for me were the graphics and the sounds.
Giving it a 7/10
I'm sad :<

Is it an anime original ending?
Apr 2, 2011 8:12 AM
Mar 2011
Silgrond said:
Uh the ending felt so rushed, this had so much oppurtunity, yet they missed it :(
We almost know nothing of the Fractale system. Why was god a human, who is she?

Despite the ending, I liked it every week (ok, ep 2 was just timewasting), the highlights of this show for me were the graphics and the sounds.
Giving it a 7/10
I'm sad :<

She's the original Phryne, and her father was one of the designers of Fractale (or so we can assume). Why she's "God" is anyone's guess, and I doubt there is a real answer (I doubt the production staff even knows or cares at this point).
Apr 2, 2011 8:14 AM

Apr 2010
Char0079 said:
She's the original Phryne, and her father was one of the designers of Fractale (or so we can assume). Why she's "God" is anyone's guess, and I doubt there is a real answer (I doubt the production staff even knows or cares at this point).

Thanks, guess i didn't pay enough attention
Apr 2, 2011 8:28 AM

Aug 2009
Hmm... 6/10 or 7/10...

Disappointing ending for an overall very entertaining but incomprehensible anime. I mean, seriously, just what the fuck was going on in this show?
Apr 2, 2011 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
Fractale = Ur! Derp! Derp!

E tenho dito!
Apr 2, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
It seems like a lot of people still doesn't understand what happen. The people that actually know what was going in the show gave it a better score. Too bad Sunda died. 8/10
Apr 2, 2011 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
Silgrond said:

The entire anime is an original story. The manga is an adaptation of the anime-script.
Apr 2, 2011 11:35 AM
Feb 2011
I have a few unanswered questions, but its an 11 episode series so its not like it was going to be flawless.

i loved the happy ending. the characters deserved it. i was just glad there was no sad ending. or overly sad ending. I was loving clain's confession, and i wish the split Phryne and Clain couldve had that happy ending but the nessa flavor to the reunited Phryne was somewhat fun. I hope the reunited Phryne isnt spacey from the added Nessa, but i like Nessa-hryne's innocent honesty.

I really liked Clain's dad. i wish we couldve seen more of him.

started out a 9, ended at a 7 (or low 8)
Apr 2, 2011 11:35 AM
Feb 2011
I have a few unanswered questions, but its an 11 episode series so its not like it was going to be flawless.

i loved the happy ending. the characters deserved it. i was just glad there was no sad ending. or overly sad ending. I was loving clain's confession, and i wish the split Phryne and Clain couldve had that happy ending but the nessa flavor to the reunited Phryne was somewhat fun. I hope the reunited Phryne isnt spacey from the added Nessa, but i like Nessa-hryne's innocent honesty.

I really liked Clain's dad. i wish we couldve seen more of him.

started out a 9, ended at a 7 (or low 8)
Apr 2, 2011 12:32 PM

Apr 2010
It's easy to tell that this Anime is going to be a real classic it pretty much had everything to be such and i am very happy that i picked this up.
The story was great from the start and developed even better along the way the characters where also very nice.
I really got the impression that this anime was inspired by a couple of Hollywood movies of the 70's and 80's and certain scenes looked like the came from movies that where even older and it turned out great.
Like the scene in space it resembles a 50's movies and gives that impression nicely.
And there where some scenes which gave me the impression of a Star Wars movie.

I have to say tho that Dias behavior at the end was a bit odd what was he planning on and why did Sunda decided on his end like that.
Apr 2, 2011 1:09 PM

Sep 2010
I also really liked the science-fiction parts, they were great. Also, I liked the atmosphere in the anime. Somethings in the anime were a little confusing, but overall it gave a pretty good impression.
As many people here said, they could've better made this a longer anime and cut those weird episode out. (that episode on the ship with that pants and pervert-jokes) Because there are so many things that aren't revealed yet about everything, that's what makes it confusing and doesn't give you a feeling like it's a conclusion to everything.
I didn't liked that they Phryne and Nessa fused together, I liked both characters seperately. Although I wanted Phryne to be more happy, I find her now too happy, and I didn't liked that. I preferred that Phryne would stay the same, but got here happiness from Nessa (not too much), or something like that.
Apr 2, 2011 2:08 PM

Feb 2011
Does anyone know what date Fractale's OST is going to be released?:
Apr 2, 2011 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
@LexLeogryfon, I tried to answer your questions...

LexLeogryfon said:
Hi folks!
Plz tell me why nessa diapear if fractale system still working?

Nesa disappear because she became one with Phyrne.

LexLeogryfon said:

Why that boy cant live with two girls in one house without parents like in typical harem shounen anime ? (girls bravo, Elfen Lied) :)

I guess because the creators don't want to make it that way

LexLeogryfon said:

How they reboot fractale without dick of that old monk and losing virginity of phryne?

Actually the old monk is just there to check whether Phryne is still qualified to be the key. I guess in the last episode it is implied that Phryne knows how to reboot the fractale system.

LexLeogryfon said:

Why creators put nessa in phryne body? As we can see from diary vid of schoolgirl, nessa is teddybear , and it cant be part of body and part of mind of original phryne.

I haven't read the manga, but as far as I understand the anime, Nessa as the teddy is considered by Phryne as her bestfriend. The doppel Nessa is named after the teddybear Nessa. All of the good data that Phyrne has is embedded to Nessa. You can think of Nessa as the one who stores Phryne's good memories. As for Phryne, the teddy bear Nessa is significant because it reminds her of her good old self.

LexLeogryfon said:

All time in series nesse saying words and phrases from that vid, so we can say nessa girl simulating teddybear, Nessa toy for Phryne, save girl from loneliness. And we can say that nesse is only computer program and it dont have full AI, it plays only script loops like "happines love, i dont want to see u sad ant etc" .
I was really confused when i saw how they put teddybear in phryne. That dont have sense. I mean putting teddybear in real human.

The teddy bear is like a symbolism, again, I guess they didn't really literally put the teddy bear inside Phryne. Think about 2 Nessa.1st is the teddy and the 2nd is the doppel. The 2nd Nessa holds Phyrne's good memories and was named after the teddy bear. Now, the doppel Nessa, embodies the teddy bear, but not basically a teddy bear transformed into a doppel. It's all about memories.

LexLeogryfon said:

Okay another questions...
If fractale still working, why that blondie-loli and all her team must work as slaves? When fractale works, you dont!

That blonde loli is Enri, they are working because they are rebels against Fractale. They disagree with what Fractale has been doing to the people. Basically, Fractale promises a utopian life (which is actually a dystopian life), making people's lazy and full of illusions, at the same time, people loss the sense of being social and independence.

Hopefully, I answered the questions. In case I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
SnippetTeeApr 2, 2011 2:40 PM
Apr 2, 2011 2:47 PM
Oct 2007
NaiseBeautiful typical ending. I was hoping for more though to bring the score up to 9/10 but ended with an 8.This is definitely one of the better series this season.

I'm guessing those rating the show below a solid 7 will most likely prefer harem genes which require no appreciation at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2011 2:51 PM

May 2009
I really liked how the ending played out and this was, imo, probably the best episode of Fractale. I feel sorry for all the "Phryne" and the original...

Still, I felt like something was missing from this anime. It was good. However, I wish it had twice the episodes in order to develop the world and characters more.
Apr 2, 2011 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
Decent enough ending although we never got an explanation why the whole system was created in the first place.
Clain got the girl though. Happy sex time Clain.

In general the show was a little up and down so relatively good but not really great.
So the people after some more years of living in Fractale will eventually be forced to go back to reality. Millennium will basically be there to guide them when that time comes.

It doesn't need a second season as i see it.
The whole little girl being the god and everyone living through her mind program or something like that reminds me of a Doctor Who episode.
Apr 2, 2011 7:31 PM

Apr 2008
I have read some people say that this is a "happy" Phryne version, but I don't think that's good at all. In my personal opinion, a girl that deals with past abuse as her own age is much healthier than a 16-year-old that regress to 10-year-old mentality. That's is just sad... :/
I just didn't get a good feeling with this ending at all. It was supposed to be "happy" but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Apr 2, 2011 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
I don't see where people are seeing plot hole when there aren't much any plot hole.

I mean all the point people are pointing out... aren't hole and can be easely answered if you just think about it a little, ofcourse if it's not written straight on their subs somes people just can't seem to understand anything.

The story was good, there was a little problem on the execution of the latter episode but everything made sense and there was close to no flaw. This get a 9/10 for me.

To answer some commonly asked question:

Clain's dad:

Phryne's personality

Who woke up at the end?

What was this talk about a god?

If you have others question or think that what I said do not make sense then feel free to ask/discuss it here. That's what a discussion topic is all about anyway.
AlycenApr 2, 2011 8:18 PM
Apr 2, 2011 9:27 PM

Jul 2009
6/10 quite a show, really like Sunda although i knew he will die in the end
Apr 2, 2011 10:01 PM

Sep 2009
Ginga-Bishoujo said:
I don't see where people are seeing plot hole when there aren't much any plot hole.

I mean all the point people are pointing out... aren't hole and can be easely answered if you just think about it a little, ofcourse if it's not written straight on their subs somes people just can't seem to understand anything.

The story was good, there was a little problem on the execution of the latter episode but everything made sense and there was close to no flaw. This get a 9/10 for me.

Clain's dad:

Phryne's personality

Who woke up at the end?

If you have others question or think that what I said do not make sense then feel free to ask/discuss it here. That's what a discussion topic is all about anyway.

really nice explanation .

really like the ending
9/10
Apr 2, 2011 10:23 PM

Mar 2009
The ending was decent.
Apr 3, 2011 4:57 AM
Oct 2010
YAY HAPPY ENDING ♥
Apr 3, 2011 5:24 AM

Oct 2010
that was a nice episode, i am a little disappointed though since i think that it could of been so much better. i would of thought that "God" would of been a bit different to both Nessa and Phryne and that she wouldn't necessarily have the same feelings as both of them, since lets say Nessa loved some thing, but Phryne didn't then what would "God" like, would there opinions be halved so she doesn't mind it ? and would that mean that Phryne's feelings wouldn't of been the same. like when Clain showing his feelings to Phryne and her saying she feels the same, then when both of them are together she feels differently, even though this is not a great ending, to me this makes more sense.

i would say a 7-8/10 for me
Apr 3, 2011 6:26 AM

Jul 2008
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
that was a nice episode, i am a little disappointed though since i think that it could of been so much better. i would of thought that "God" would of been a bit different to both Nessa and Phryne and that she wouldn't necessarily have the same feelings as both of them, since lets say Nessa loved some thing, but Phryne didn't then what would "God" like, would there opinions be halved so she doesn't mind it ? and would that mean that Phryne's feelings wouldn't of been the same. like when Clain showing his feelings to Phryne and her saying she feels the same, then when both of them are together she feels differently, even though this is not a great ending, to me this makes more sense.

i would say a 7-8/10 for me

They both returned to God's original form.
Phryne had the mind of God before she was traumatised and Nessa had the mind of God after she was traumatised.
When God became the key to the Fractale system she had the mind of a ten year old, basically Nessa's mind while still having a sixteen year old body, basically Phryne's body.

As for now she has the carefree attitude of Nessa even tough she have the memories of the two but when she will grow she will be more and more like Phryne.
Apr 3, 2011 9:10 AM

Jun 2010
Pretty good ending IMO and an amazing show overall. I still don't get it why this show gets a lot of hate.

9/10

Suck it hates! LOL!
Apr 3, 2011 9:24 AM
Mar 2011
kiz-chan said:
I have read some people say that this is a "happy" Phryne version, but I don't think that's good at all. In my personal opinion, a girl that deals with past abuse as her own age is much healthier than a 16-year-old that regress to 10-year-old mentality. That's is just sad... :/
I just didn't get a good feeling with this ending at all. It was supposed to be "happy" but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I completely agree. It sends an odd message that Phryne couldn't become happy without taking in the 10 year old version of herself. It's certainly not the message that any actual abuse victims need to hear.

Ginga-Bishoujo said:

Clain's dad:

Phryne's personality

Who woke up at the end?

Some of us understand what happened perfectly. The story itself is full of plot holes and logic gaps that can't be explained away. I've outlined most of them that I came across, and others have outlined a few more. It's not a question of understanding, as much as it is a question of whether the production staff itself even had the answers. In my opinion, they didn't, and the show suffered considerably.
Apr 3, 2011 10:45 AM

Jul 2008
Char0079 said:

Some of us understand what happened perfectly. The story itself is full of plot holes and logic gaps that can't be explained away. I've outlined most of them that I came across, and others have outlined a few more. It's not a question of understanding, as much as it is a question of whether the production staff itself even had the answers. In my opinion, they didn't, and the show suffered considerably.

Such as?
I've not skimmed through the whole thread but the only thing I have seen from you was that Clain's dad's situation didn't made sense.
You said that he was allied to Fractale in the first episode and that the house he actually live in seem actually old and that it would make no sense giving that the antena should have taken a lot of time to be constructed.

I already answered to this.
Dopple aren't instant messenger: Back in ep 1 the area where his father is actually living already had discarded by Fractale most probably for a very long time.
Dopple are entity of their own.
Clain's dad created his dopple when he left Clain lives alone and god knows they could have cut Fractale in his area some week after that.
Even if the person a dopple is based on is killed, the dopple will live on it's own like this said person would have lived in his perfect world.
Of course I am not saying that they do not have control over their dopple but that someone that had been discarded by Fractale has no control over it.
Hence why his dad didn't know about Phryne
Hence why his dad's dopple personality is different
Hence why his dad have been living alone for a very long time while Clain had the illusion that his father was living a good life.
Apr 3, 2011 11:25 AM

Nov 2007
kiz-chan said:

The original Phryne was the one who regressed. Clain's Phryne was able to find the strength to stop hiding and face reality, thanks to Clain loving her.
That said, ofcourse a system where an innocent girl is set up with a seemingly loving father, and than have that father molest her so she can be the key, is wrong on soooo many levels.
Apr 3, 2011 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
This anime was not really my cup of tea. I never grew to care about the characters or what happened that much.
Apr 3, 2011 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
That was a great ending. Shame the show overall was pretty average.
Apr 3, 2011 2:40 PM

Oct 2008
I waited for the show to end after watching episode 3. I knew I wouldn't be able to bare the weekly wait. I'm glad I did because it was a very lovely watch and I'm happy with the ending.

I thought Clain would have just been alone, but that wasn't the case. <3

Apr 3, 2011 4:17 PM
Apr 2011
I loved the episode, honestly, I don't know why, but since I saw him, he's in
my mind, looking to further hypotheses about the story ... The explanation of
Ginga-Bishoujo was great, I think it might be just that, I gave 8/10 for this
anime, but I think he deserved to nine. It was interesting in the end, it was not
with both style harem, but it made me stay very sentimental, when she(not sure who) as saying: "I like you too" wow, so beautiful!

Ow yeah, and the song "Hiru no Hoshi' is no longer out of my head, i want a second season! :(
nizdiApr 3, 2011 4:22 PM
Apr 3, 2011 4:43 PM
Mar 2011
Ginga-Bishoujo said:
Char0079 said:

Such as?
I've not skimmed through the whole thread but the only thing I have seen from you was that Clain's dad's situation didn't made sense.
You said that he was allied to Fractale in the first episode and that the house he actually live in seem actually old and that it would make no sense giving that the antena should have taken a lot of time to be constructed.

I already answered to this.
Dopple aren't instant messenger: Back in ep 1 the area where his father is actually living already had discarded by Fractale most probably for a very long time.
Dopple are entity of their own.
Clain's dad created his dopple when he left Clain lives alone and god knows they could have cut Fractale in his area some week after that.
Even if the person a dopple is based on is killed, the dopple will live on it's own like this said person would have lived in his perfect world.
Of course I am not saying that they do not have control over their dopple but that someone that had been discarded by Fractale has no control over it.
Hence why his dad didn't know about Phryne
Hence why his dad's dopple personality is different
Hence why his dad have been living alone for a very long time while Clain had the illusion that his father was living a good life.

I'm not going to re-list everything, but the situation with his dad's doppel is only the tip of the iceberg (I remember the doppell holding a conversation in episode 1 where it listed current information about where it was living. Is the doppel lying?).

Read my post on page one for more of the problems I list. I'll admit that I'm the kind of person that is incapable of just enjoying something on a surface level without needing it to make sense, but even so, the problems with Fractale are so obvious that even those that are able to do so should be able to see them.

The most ridiculous (although not the most important) plot hole to me is the issue of Clain and Phryne magically getting back to Earth after the temple is destroyed while they are in space. It's like the production staff of the show thinks we are all stupid, and incapable of noticing things like that. It's one little piece of the show that is indicative of overall plot continuity. To be frank, it doesn't seem to have mattered to anyone on the staff that the plot actually make any sense. Things happen that seem to have importance (the virginity check for example) and then never come up again, almost as if they were supposed to matter but then got axed to save time.

I could go on, but I'll stop now. Honestly, if you didn't notice the plot holes I'm mentioning, you are lucky. I have the unfortunate ability to spot a plot hole a mile away, and it has been a thorn in my side in terms of enjoyment for years. I'd kill to be able to just watch something without having to analyse it, but I just can't. I feel like I'm whinging at this point (not to mention beating a dead horse) but it should be noted that I'm so fired up over Fractale because it had so much promise, and squandered it, IMO.
Apr 3, 2011 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
2/10 for this series. First episode was decent, the recent was shit. Definitely the most boring show this season.
Apr 4, 2011 4:30 AM

Nov 2007
truly one of the best animes out in the last few years

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Apr 4, 2011 7:21 AM

Dec 2009
Great start .... shitty ending...
Am I asking for too much if I want everything to make sense ????
6/10
Apr 4, 2011 8:59 AM
Feb 2009
pff.... they seriously kill off sunda, which is ny favorite char in this anime...

dont like dias n his extremist idea until the end; but i admit without him, they wont be able to defeat the temple.

overall this series has interesting setting, n some good moments at here n there, so 8/10 is a reasonable score in my opinion.
oblivious is a bliss
Apr 4, 2011 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Am I the only one who thought that Phrynessa had really creepy eyes?

And:
Obligatory "OMGPLOTHOLES"
Obligatory "They could have done this and that better"
Obligatory "After episode x I liked it but after episode y it got bad"

BLABLABLA, I liked it. Seriously, if they spent a little more time thinking it all out it would have been f'cking awesome. Now it's only really good.
Apr 4, 2011 3:26 PM
Mar 2011
Schreibtisch said:
Am I the only one who thought that Phrynessa had really creepy eyes?

And:
Obligatory "OMGPLOTHOLES"
Obligatory "They could have done this and that better"
Obligatory "After episode x I liked it but after episode y it got bad"

BLABLABLA, I liked it. Seriously, if they spent a little more time thinking it all out it would have been f'cking awesome. Now it's only really good.

I think the effect they were going for was "She hasn't eaten in a year, so she's a bit emaciated". It did kind of end up looking like she was crazy though.
Apr 5, 2011 2:26 PM

Aug 2007
I absolutely loved the ending! I loved them both, but I liked Nessa more and the two of them merged into one happy person is great. <3 Plus, more Nessa.
Usotsuki. 
Apr 5, 2011 2:51 PM

Apr 2011
I liked it in the beginning but for me it just got weak at the end. I definitely won't be rewatching it anytime soon.
Apr 5, 2011 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
Best anime of this season

10/10.
Apr 6, 2011 4:36 PM

Aug 2010
Ending made me smile and almost tear up. It was a good one I guess. Obvious flaws are obvious but when I watch anime I looked to be enjoyed, and somehow someway, I found Fractale much enjoyable.

8/10

PHRYNE IS SO HNNGHHH
Apr 7, 2011 4:18 AM

Jun 2008
6/10.

Fractale's plot is nothing basic. It was a very good idea but it was definitely not well executed. You have to think your head off to even remotely understand what's happening, but even then there are still just so many plotholes.

Why can Clain's dad control a doppel to live with Clain when the old man wasn't in an Active Zone?
Why did Dias let Phyrne live all that time if he knew she was the key?
Why does the Fractale system have to be rebooted every 1000 years?
Why does Fractale's brain think like a 10 year old when the girl ('god') used to construct it is 16?
Why did the girl ('god') act like a 16 year old in the last video she recorded and not a 10 year old?
Why was Clain able to safely return home from outer space?
Why did the girl after the fusion have Nessa's voice if she has Phyrne's voicebox?
Why did the girl after the fusion have a completely different personality to the girl ('god') in the video?

This anime wants you to take it seriously, and I did. Now I have all these unanswered questions. I can list way more but I can't be bothered because there'll be 10x as much (not a byperbole). Yes, you can formulate theories but there's absolutely nothing in the show that definitively answer these questions. In other words, it's one of those anime that pretend it's real deep, philosophical and all, but ends up not knowing what to do. In the hands of a better director and give it some more episodes, its ideas can easily make it an 8/10.

What does this sound like? Oh, that's right. Angel Beats. I gave that a 6/10 too, didn't I? For the exact same reasons.
Apr 7, 2011 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Best anime of the season?, yes, best anime of the season
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.