Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2010 6:23 PM

Feb 2009
Things are getting a lot more interesting now, there are still a some connection to make.
Mar 9, 2010 6:42 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
Very strange episode. I was a little blindsided by how weak Selty's head and Seiji are as characters. Seiji is a plain psychopath, and Selty's head seems a whole lot more manipulative than she might actually be. I don't understand why she chooses not to talk when she clearly is able to. Then there's Seiji's sister, but that's an entirely different weird story all together.

The episode was framed around them, but didn't really give us more information on them.
As much as I enjoyed what I've seen so far and how it kept getting better on the way with the little pieces of character bg stories and strong directing, this episode was somewhat disappointing. Not bad, but I found the way Seiji and his sister was portrayed underwhelming. The show has great and interesting characters, and from their actions both of them seem total psychopathic, yet they act.. bland. Painfully so. Not just the voice acting, but their expressions lacks proper emotion..or even lack the lack of emotion.

For example that scene with the dead stalker girl laying behind them could have had so much more impact.

noteDhero said:
I really can't believe this show is going to be twenty-something episodes long. Things really feel like they're coming to a head, so 13 seems perfect. Something big must be around the corner. I just hope they can maintain the momentum for another 12 episodes after the first half.
There's more to be told, not sure it will fill another 15 episodes though. We'll see.
Mar 9, 2010 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
I totally meant to mention that scene. There was definitely something off about the direction. It lacked all of the style of the previous epiosdes (that may be my major gripe with this one) and failed to come across the way I think it was supposed to. I felt like we were supposed to be shocked at Seiji's calm demeanor, and then the way his sister was rubbing all on him, but all I could think to myself is, "Why is he eating the noodles facing the wall?"

The same with the flashback. The way Seiji was interacting with the doll I was telling myself, "This kid must be autistic or something. Something is very off with all of this nonsense."

You're totally right, the show was uncharacteristically lacking a sense of purpose/identity despite doing a whole lot for the plot and characters.
Mar 9, 2010 8:10 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
I totally meant to mention that scene. There was definitely something off about the direction. It lacked all of the style of the previous epiosdes (that may be my major gripe with this one) and failed to come across the way I think it was supposed to. I felt like we were supposed to be shocked at Seiji's calm demeanor, and then the way his sister was rubbing all on him, but all I could think to myself is, "Why is he eating the noodles facing the wall?"
I assume it was because he was shocked psychologically at what he did but kept it inside and started eating to forget....some people eat more just to go through depression......what really bugged me was the way he was not acting as he should have been when you kill someone....in a panic/disturbed way. In a regret state at least.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 10, 2010 12:47 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm, Not really that into Namie and Seiji, but it was an awesome episode anyway. So glad Celty finally got a lead on her head. I'm still wondering how just sticking Celty's head on a random person's dead body made it living again. I hope they explain that in some kind of way...

Mar 10, 2010 9:01 AM

Apr 2009
Holy shit he stabbed him with a pencil xD
Mar 10, 2010 5:31 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
failed to come across the way I think it was supposed to
noteDhero said:
the show was uncharacteristically lacking a sense of purpose/identity
Dead on.

francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:
I assume it was because he was shocked psychologically at what he did but kept it inside and started eating to forget....some people eat more just to go through depression......what really bugged me was the way he was not acting as he should have been when you kill someone....in a panic/disturbed way. In a regret state at least.
BS. From the flashbacks it was obvious he was never 100% in the head to begin with so the way he showed no interest in the dead stalker girl would be "normal", stealing the head was a bigger "trauma"/step down the road to lunatic town for him. The way all this was portrayed and shown to us is what's under caliber for this show regards to the quality of previous episodes.
Mar 10, 2010 6:09 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:

Uhhh what? Seiji is a psycho. Period. There's no "OH MAH GAWD I KILLED SOMEONE IMMA GO CRY NAO AND EAT". It was more like "IMMA KILL THIS CUNT CUZ SHE SAW MAH BODYLESS GIRLFRIEND". He didn't react to killing someone because he's a already fucked in the head right from the moment he laid eyes on the head the very first time.
Mar 10, 2010 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:

Uhhh what? Seiji is a psycho. Period. There's no "OH MAH GAWD I KILLED SOMEONE IMMA GO CRY NAO AND EAT". It was more like "IMMA KILL THIS CUNT CUZ SHE SAW MAH BODYLESS GIRLFRIEND". He didn't react to killing someone because he's a already fucked in the head right from the moment he laid eyes on the head the very first time.

francis can sense Wasabi's passionate love......

francis feel a tight bond between him and Wasabi....

*Flash*

*Insert music*

Thou art I.....And I am thou.....

Thou hast established a genuine bond.....

These genuine bonds.....shall be your eyes to see the truth.

We bestow upon thee the ability to create Wasabi, one of the Spice Girls members, the ultimate form of the Wasabi Arcana....

Congratulations on your new friendship with Wasabi, francis. May you guys live happily ever after ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Mar 10, 2010 9:59 PM

Aug 2008
Mar 10, 2010 10:24 PM

Sep 2007
BitchMaster said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:

*Flash*

*Insert music*

We bestow upon thee the ability to create Wasabi, one of the Spice Girls members, the ultimate form of the Wasabi Arcana....

Congratulations on your new friendship with Wasabi, francis. May you guys live happily ever after ;)

I can say that I will never do this S.Link ever again.
Mar 10, 2010 10:43 PM

Jan 2010
good episode .. !
Mar 11, 2010 9:23 AM

Feb 2009
This just gets crazier and crazier. I lol'd at Shizuo getting stabbed with pens. His reaction is awesome as always.
AlexstratzMar 11, 2010 9:39 AM
Mar 11, 2010 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
Dude. Shizuo and Celty are so fucking badass. 8D

Total win ep, but the Namie and Seiji parts freaked the heck out of me... I mean, eating some ramen after murdering someone!? Eeeeh, but I guess it was supposed to shock/freak us out. o_o; Anyways, Izaya is also awesome as well, but Shizuo and Celty just did it for me. :>

And lol at Izaya imitating Celty's bike in the preview. xDD
ScarletApplesMar 11, 2010 12:27 PM
Mar 11, 2010 6:52 PM

Oct 2009
Kvakond said:
noteDhero said:
failed to come across the way I think it was supposed to
noteDhero said:
the show was uncharacteristically lacking a sense of purpose/identity
Dead on.

francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:
BS. From the flashbacks it was obvious he was never 100% in the head to begin with so the way he showed no interest in the dead stalker girl would be "normal", stealing the head was a bigger "trauma"/step down the road to lunatic town for him. The way all this was portrayed and shown to us is what's under caliber for this show regards to the quality of previous episodes.

Yeah ok I agree but what caused his instability from that time he saw the head and was screwed in the head.....paranormal effects on him? Obvious he snapped when Harima tried to get rid of the head.....my best guess is that she grabbed it and that triggered it all...
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:

What caused that is my question and my assumption stays at the paranormal less it was Nami who played sexually with him at a young age....who knows....
BitchMaster said:

*Flash*

*Insert music*

Really....last time I checked I was with girl thinking that....
BitchMaster said:

Yes well not all of them and my eyes are more into the girl bonding with me....
BitchMaster said:

Rofl what the heck! >_< I don't want that! Noooooooooo!
Wasabi said:

I can say that I will never do this S.Link ever again.

Rofl come on Wasabi......you should know that Bitchmaster has a unique personality in him......it worked on me though! >_<
francismeunierMar 11, 2010 6:56 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 11, 2010 6:53 PM

Aug 2009
Francis, you still make no sense... >_>

@BitchMaster: Dude, I love francis mor than anyonez... D: Wasabi is mai rival...

noteDhero said:
The episode was framed around them, but didn't really give us more information on them. .
I agree with this, as much as how I hate those two characters being in Durarara. They are both too shallow as a character and nothing special but psychozz.

noteDhero said:
I really can't believe this show is going to be twenty-something episodes long. Things really feel like they're coming to a head, so 13 seems perfect. Something big must be around the corner. I just hope they can maintain the momentum for another 12 episodes after the first half.
Things I thought will be revealed later, is already on the board like head of Celty and Yagiri Pharmacy. Almost everything about actual 'Dullahan' is now just explained, thus making things less exciting. It was a bit of rush, but we will see. I still liked the episode for Izaya and Shizuo fanservicezz. Plus, I like how Ryugamine is getting on the center of everything although it's still a bit rush.

Something bigger might be behind all of this. For example, there was a guy who was asking everyone about the strongest of Ikebukuro in the past episode and I have no idea how he will be engaged in this whole madness. We still don't know Izaya's true purpose and the past.
Mar 11, 2010 6:58 PM

Aug 2008
I kind of believed him when he said he was a demon or something to that effect.
Mar 12, 2010 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
Izaya for the fucking win.
Mar 15, 2010 7:48 PM
Feb 2010
Words can't describe how amazing this episode is! ^_^
Mar 16, 2010 9:48 PM

May 2007
Wow a lot of crazy stuff happened this episode, dead stalkers, incest, love of a head(don't know what that one is called) and finally the characters are coming together.
My anime list
Mar 17, 2010 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
k0k0 said:
Shizuou is God.

I love him and I love this series.
Mar 17, 2010 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, now this is what I been waiting for from this anime.

I still don't understand why the head is doing what is doing. And who is texting her? And both the sister and her love the guy, I expected it of the sister but not the head.
Mar 18, 2010 7:56 AM

Jun 2009
That is one creepy love. So Harima Mika is really dead but what's the point of sewing the head again with diff head if the photo album showned earlier they look alike
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 19, 2010 5:05 AM

Oct 2008
Whoa, that's so twisted.

"Mika" with Celty's head is in love with Seiji, Seiji's sister is in love with him, and "Mika" got saved by Mikado.

So now he's gonna be targeted by everyone. o.o

Also, <33 Shizuo. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 25, 2010 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
Oh my god, give back S/Celty her head. I can't believe that creeper uncle kept it in a jar for so long!

BEGINNER
Mar 29, 2010 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
I find the whole Celty-lost-her-head thingy quite funny.

Best part of the episode imao was when Izaya was sitting in his chair spinning round and round. What a badass bastard lol.
Apr 2, 2010 1:34 PM

Mar 2009
idk, it was a pretty good episode. among the best so far
but... omg wtf perv nee san xD
Apr 12, 2010 2:24 AM

May 2008
Shizuo epic winsss

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 17, 2010 8:23 AM

Dec 2009
Namie took her brother to see a head in bottle , his brother fell in love with the head , she makes a female frankenstein out of the head and a stalkers body ... I LOVE THIS SHOW XDDDDD !
Apr 24, 2010 5:57 PM

Dec 2009
Can it be possible for the stalker being the one talking not the head?
That's what i think at least.
Apr 26, 2010 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
He got pierced everywhere and he still walking around, wtf?!
Apr 28, 2010 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Shizuo is one bad-ass MOTHERFUCKER!

QFT
May 5, 2010 12:57 PM

Feb 2010
Weird.
May 8, 2010 8:33 PM

Apr 2008
Brother or sister complex sure is scary o-oll

May 9, 2010 5:43 AM

Oct 2009
Ahhh, I accidently read some spoiler I shouldn't have T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2010 11:28 PM

Jan 2009
And so the different characters and stories finally start coming together!

Jun 21, 2010 9:08 PM

Mar 2010
nice episode; so many twists. i kinda off feel sorry for anir's friend i mean true she was a stalker but come on the dude beheaded her wtf is up with that.

on another note why is there fucking incest in every other anime nowadays? i mean come on is it that common in japan?
Jul 24, 2010 6:17 PM

Sep 2008
I love how Shizuo is just standing there and taking those pens like "huh"?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2010 11:58 AM

Mar 2008
Wowww it just turned GRIM. Hmm at least it's starting to get interesting now!
Aug 19, 2010 11:26 PM

Aug 2008
Not liking Seiji very much. That sick psycho still had the stomach to eat after mauling a girl.
Same goes for his sister. Another weird being.
Oct 17, 2010 11:42 PM

Jun 2009
Shizuo, Izaya, and Celty were as cool as ever. God damn, things have gotten interesting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 22, 2010 4:12 PM

Jan 2010
Dear Izaya,

We love you back.

Love,
Humans.
Nov 3, 2010 1:22 PM
Jun 2008
Namie is so, so, so creepy. My expression during this episode was 'O______________________________________O'. I loved Shizuo's 'Hmmm, I should get a band aid...or maybe superglue' XD
Dec 18, 2010 5:58 PM

Sep 2010
Looks I hit the nail on the head.
This was definitely a good episode.
Dec 25, 2010 4:24 PM

Jun 2009
Best episode so far. The pace was so fast that I couldn’t believe 24 min. had passed when the episode was over.

Seiji and Namie are psycho. One fell in love with a HEAD and the other loves her brother with fervent passion. I actually like Namie, but Seiji’s a jerk. Attacking with ball pens? Lame. How I wanted Shizuo to punch him more.

Celty… I really want her to have her head back, but like Shinra said, she’s just not going to chop it off Mika’s body…

Izaya was great at the end there. The whole Othelloshogichessgo game was awesome on its own. He really seems like the mastermind who pulls the strings at Ikebukuro.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 29, 2010 1:43 PM

Sep 2008
It was awesome to see so many different characters coming together (more like "clashing" since many of them are on different "sides" XD) in one episode.

Thoughts:
- Me no likey Seiji. He just seemed lame in this episode. Beyond lame, really.
- Namie creeps me out. Incest? Bleh.
- Izaya is just a little bit crazy. Just a little bit. And is some sort of sadistic control freak?
- Shizuo is awesome. (Though maybe he should take a first-aid course. :')
- I feel bad for Celty. D: That her head got away from her, I mean. Glad she found it though... and hope things work out in her and Shinra's favour.
Jan 26, 2011 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
Seiji is definately the lamest character of the show, with his stupid pencils, I lol'd when Izaya kicked his ass
Jan 26, 2011 3:17 PM

Nov 2007
arnxx said:

i mean shizuo ofcourse, can't edit :P

Nov 2007
arnxx said:

Nov 2007
arnxx said:

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - May 20, 2010

214 by ZXEAN »»
Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Mar 11, 2010

385 by ZXEAN »»
Oct 12, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Feb 25, 2010

301 by ZXEAN »»
Oct 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Blackbird - May 13, 2010

245 by KonokoAsada »»
Oct 5, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Apr 29, 2010

354 by KonokoAsada »»
Sep 28, 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.