Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It really pissed me off when Danpei kicked the food into the drainage canal, what a waste of food especially since he could've just giving it to the kids or something. lol @ Wolf not being able to box anymore, had it coming after what he did. Hot spring party time.
Nov 1, 2014 6:44 AM

Jan 2013
rather a relaxing ep
Mar 24, 2015 8:57 PM

Aug 2013
What happened with wolf is unfortunately the cruel reality a lot of boxers have to face, Joe's analogy really hit the nail on the head and I really like how this series is exploring the harsher side of sports and how they can be both generous and cruel, that's something a lot more series need to take note of.
Aug 8, 2015 12:22 AM
Nov 2014
Wolf deserved it....he was being a cunt against Joe and I'm sure as hell he won't even care about Joe if he managed to beat him in that match.

Relaxing episode is always good, after an intense last ep.
Jan 16, 2016 2:25 AM

Dec 2009
Wolf was a jerk that even beat kids, but i guess a tough fight made Joe feel sympathetic towards him. I thought he was pretty cool. Didn't desrve to have his career ended.
Feb 25, 2016 8:15 PM

Jul 2010
Ah the obligatory hot springs episode every anime needs! though I did enjoy it.

Also zero sympathy for Wolf...
Oct 1, 2016 3:40 PM

Feb 2013
Wolf's coach is awful, even though I don't like him at all, he doesn't deserve to be abandoned like that.
Jul 4, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2016
The beginning and end felt like a filler.

The coach/manager from Wolf is human trash, even though Wolf deserves such a treatment after beating up the children.

But I can also understand Joe for getting furious about this, he knows the feeling of beeing abandoned too well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 24, 2017 3:38 PM

Jul 2015
Wow... Wolf wasn't the best person for sure, but I still feel terrible for him, especially seeing how his coach treated him, I really like how Joe felt sad for Wolf ending like that, I wonder if he will get a bit of fear towards hurting someone to the same level in the future.
Nov 9, 2017 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
LOL for poor coach to throw food in the river AND for those slumfolks to throw food at wolfs coach like they can afford it!
Sonic X is basically an isekai
May 7, 2018 12:55 AM

Oct 2016
Poor Wolf, he will never be able to box again...

Damn Odaka, he treats his boxers from Club Asia as simple objects of use, it was a very satisfying scene when the bus boys started throwing his food to him, even the driver blocked his way so he would not run away, rofl.

But the Wolf unfortunately was influenced by Odaka, so he looked for it...

But now, Joe's goal is the great Riikishi Toru, his great rival from the reformatory.

Hype, Hype and more Hype.
May 12, 2018 9:46 PM
Jan 2016
wolf is scum no doubt about that and people may say it got what was coming for him. But remember Wolf is a full-fledged pro boxer who dedicated his life to boxing. The fact the coach discarded him like a pet or just moving toy is ridiculous, really hope the coach gets exposed for this BS.
Feb 8, 2019 10:07 PM
Feb 2019
You could think that's strange, but It's not strange in Japan, small girls (like under 6 years old) can go into the hot spring with men.
There is no sexual meaning unless you're some kind of perv, and most of them are not.
You can wash your little daughter's body in the bath and it's usual.
Though as a Japanese, I can understand that it could be inappropriate in some situations since those kind of pervs are rampant in this country lately.
Apr 27, 2019 7:42 PM
Mar 2018
Nice surprise with the hot springs, really kind, and I know i'm focusing on the wrong thing but... What the hell Danpei!? I get that the food is not fit for your two apprentices but you're in the slums! There's a bunch of poor children there! There's just no excuse for that.

Regardless, I really enjoyed the twist of Joe ending Wolf's career. It puts extra stakes into what Joe and Nishi are doing - the harsh reality of the boxing world - and it's interesting to see if/how, going forward, Joe deals with the guilt of taking the livelihood of someone.
Aug 31, 2019 12:58 PM
Mar 2010
I believe I have a high tolerance for annoyance, but these kids are the biggest reason for me wanting to drop the show. Their constant meddling and persistence in always sticking their noses where they dont belong and robbing characters of potential important interactions and progression. I thought their presence would die down as the show progresses, but it seems that isn't the case. They're the single reason affecting my enjoyment of an otherwise interesting show. The inevitable Rikishi VS Joe is the only sole reason why continuing this. At this rate, it'll take me years to complete the series. Such a shame.
Sep 9, 2019 8:09 AM
Apr 2016
Joe certainly deserved to spoil himself a bit, good that Denpei did that for him. The children are so annoying, seriously, always hindering with everything. Well, as much as it's painful that Wolf lost his boxing career because of Joe, that's just how it is in boxing, unfortunately. Trauma isn't uncommon there.

Good episode when disregarding the annoying children.
Oct 29, 2019 1:46 PM
Aug 2019
Joe and the gang go to the snow mountains to help him recover after his fight with Wolf.

And we get to know that Wolf will not be able to make a comeback and his coach doesn't care about him
Dec 28, 2019 1:10 PM
Mar 2018
I don't mind the kids too much, but they were ten times more bearable in the manga. I think they were just here for comic relief, but the bitter side of Ashita no Joe is why I'm here. I just think the episode could have been a lot shorter since I don't care about the townsfolk as much as the main cast, and yeah it was hilarious to see them throw food around when they can't afford it.

3/5 episode.
Feb 28, 2021 12:24 AM

Jul 2020
I was genuinely pissed when Danpei threw that food onto the ground but the payoff was worth it. Rip Wolf’s career damn
Nov 19, 2021 3:02 PM

May 2018
A more relaxing episode. Nice hot springs. Danpei went from bitch to based in 5 minutes lol
Aug 17, 2023 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
guulaash said:
LOL for poor coach to throw food in the river AND for those slumfolks to throw food at wolfs coach like they can afford it!

Yep, so much food wasted in this episode

excalibur977436 said:
I believe I have a high tolerance for annoyance, but these kids are the biggest reason for me wanting to drop the show. Their constant meddling and persistence in always sticking their noses where they dont belong and robbing characters of potential important interactions and progression. I thought their presence would die down as the show progresses, but it seems that isn't the case. They're the single reason affecting my enjoyment of an otherwise interesting show. The inevitable Rikishi VS Joe is the only sole reason why continuing this. At this rate, it'll take me years to complete the series. Such a shame.

My thoughts word for word
Mar 23, 6:01 AM
Mar 2024
why do you people hate the kids? they're the heart of the show! did you not watch episode 37? they're a big reason why Joe is fighting at all! and i'm usually the type of person to hate comedy side characters in shows like this, but they're so much more than that. it feels like you're all just hating on them for being children.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Episode 50 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Feb 16, 2014

28 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
May 30, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Episode 41 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Feb 16, 2014

16 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
May 27, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Episode 10 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Feb 9, 2014

25 by lonewatcher565 »»
May 8, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Karusan - Nov 22, 2011

71 by johneaston »»
Apr 12, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Episode 25 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Feb 15, 2014

15 by adoedem »»
Apr 6, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.