Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2009 6:00 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What the hell just happened, from ep.5 where you see misao all lovey-dovey with mashisu at the end, this episode starts with guns blazing with Z and Tenchi....was there a storyline i missed out here???

ok edit that, just found the 1st half of this part
ScryptApr 2, 2009 6:23 AM
Jul 13, 2009 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
I'm... just as lost as you are
Oct 7, 2009 3:47 PM

Sep 2008
obliviouz said:
What the hell just happened, from ep.5 where you see misao all lovey-dovey with mashisu at the end, this episode starts with guns blazing with Z and Tenchi....was there a storyline i missed out here???

I think i have the same problem...when i started ep 6 it opens up to Earth half destroyed and tenchi already in a fight. So I'm pretty confused atm and wondering if i missed something in between ep 5 to 6 or maybe what i downloaded cut out first part of ep? Please help me out! T.T
Oct 7, 2009 3:53 PM

Nov 2007
The earth was half destroyed in the end of episode 5 (after the credits, iirc; the episode ran short, credits rolled and there was another few minutes after). At least as far as I recall. >.> I know one of the episodes had a chunk of story after the credits, and it'd make sense if it was 5->6.
Oct 7, 2009 4:08 PM

Sep 2008
Asako said:
The earth was half destroyed in the end of episode 5 (after the credits, iirc; the episode ran short, credits rolled and there was another few minutes after). At least as far as I recall. >.> I know one of the episodes had a chunk of story after the credits, and it'd make sense if it was 5->6.

*facepalm* lol shoulda known...and only ep i didnt watch all the way to. Same thing happened to me with school rumble (stressfull times >.>) And thank you so much for the tip Asako, that ended up being the case. Your a life saver ^^
*returns to ep 6*
CptObviou77Oct 7, 2009 4:18 PM
Dec 8, 2009 9:57 PM
Jul 2008
Lol the last episode me change the rating from 7 to 5. I don't know what they are doing or talking about, just like Mihoshi.
Jun 21, 2010 4:38 PM

Jan 2010
I actually liked this episode quite a lot. It was the perfect ending - a bit of action for the otherwise lazy season of Tenchi Muyo.
werrstonJun 21, 2010 5:04 PM
Jul 30, 2010 10:57 PM
Apr 2009
Neone Genesise Evangelione...
I am like an angel...
Oct 1, 2010 2:49 AM

Jun 2009
RaymanM said:
Neone Genesise Evangelione...

I really did get Evangelion vibes. Except for the fact that this isn't Evangelion and doing something like that in a show like this just seemed sort of.. out there. Really this OVA turned into a mess these last few episodes and, well, I just had a tough time enjoying the direction the series took. Also Ryoko and, particularly, Ayeka were all but completely thrown aside. And, suddenly Washu is a god? Where the hell did that come from?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 19, 2011 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
This was a fucking madness. I got tired of this series.
KenShiRo-SamaMay 19, 2011 12:57 PM
Aug 22, 2011 9:23 PM

Nov 2007
The OVA was just fine after 5... THE 6TH OVA IS A DAMNED CRAP!

Washu as a goddess? The most powerful entity of the universe, the same goes to Sasami/Tsunami? That was a disgrace to the Tenchi saga, i never saw something that bad, and Tenchi Muyo is one of my favourite series ever.

Looks like the author read too much Marvel comics before creating this crap. If the infinite gems and/or Thanos appeared it would be no surprise.
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Aug 24, 2011 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
Superman said:
The OVA was just fine after 5... THE 6TH OVA IS A DAMNED CRAP!

Washu as a goddess? The most powerful entity of the universe, the same goes to Sasami/Tsunami? That was a disgrace to the Tenchi saga, i never saw something that bad, and Tenchi Muyo is one of my favourite series ever.

Looks like the author read too much Marvel comics before creating this crap. If the infinite gems and/or Thanos appeared it would be no surprise.

SMFH.......

Did you even pay attention to what the hell happened in OVA 2?
Aug 28, 2011 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
Yes. That doesn't make the last OVA better.
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Aug 29, 2011 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
Well Tenchi Muyo might not be for you then. Your entire complaint doesn't even make sense considering the entire series was building up to this revelation......But this is not entirely your fault.

Part of the problem is that Tenchi muyo was never intended for foreigners, and besides the anime, viewers outside of Japan completely miss out on the omake material thats needed to completely understand this series.

This isn't just an Anime, its a anthology, and many people outside get confused because they don't understand this. It doesn't make it better that the anime OVAs get blindly licensed overseas without this important information......So while you are saying "what the hell is going on", fans in japan already understand and expect the things that happened.

This is a very deep and vast story, this series is far more than just harem hijinks, and it was NEVER about Ayeka vs Ryoko.....that's Tenchi Universe, NOT this series. Its said because Foreign fans of Tenchi got accustomed to this wrong accusation that Tenchi Muyo was about Ryoko vs Ayeka for Tenchi, and this show couldn't be further from it. In fact, there was only ONE episode the entire series where they fight for him.

OVA 3 followed the EXACT same formula OVA 2 did, Introduce new characters, reveal secrets, and reveal more of Tenchi's hidden power. This series is A LOT bigger than just the 7 people who live in the Masaki house.
Tenchi_RyuAug 29, 2011 9:41 PM
Sep 14, 2011 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
I agree with you, Tenchi_Ryu, about misguided fans thinking that the Tenchi saga is just another harem story. It's not.

I'm deeply sorry, but i've watched a good amount of series from all sort of genres, and this revelation in Tenchi Muyo left me really disappointed. I'd never expect that the things would've gone the way they did. Well, maybe i must have stopped watching it sooner then.

It left me the same feeling of the Marvel's "Onslaught" saga. The course of actions were pretty obvious, but i can't say that the end was interesting. It's not about "i don't get it", but "i don't like it the way it is". I've the right to think like that, eh?

Oct 10, 2012 1:59 PM
Dec 2010
It was weird ending. Like if story of this OVA never happened in Tenchi's universe becasue it got reseted.
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 19, 2012 6:56 PM

Jun 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
...viewers outside of Japan completely miss out on the omake material thats needed to completely understand this series.

Ah, the old "you need to buy all these audio drama CDs and novels and mangas and video games to understand what's going on" strategy.

Way I see it is there's 20 episodes between three OVAs and all that running-time doesn't amount to anything.
Oct 30, 2014 12:52 AM
Mar 2012
Things literally went out of proportion this episode. Though I did enjoy some aspects of it, the congruency dissipated. Overall, I still like the Ryo-Ohki series, it was just that everything was pretty rushed at the end.
Jan 16, 2015 8:53 PM

Sep 2014
ANd that's a wrap! ep 6. Storyline end.

Pros:

Plot: THings are explained well behind Z and the Chousin's actions. THough why Z and his family were trying to get to Tokimi is a mystery. Washu's explanation was decent as well as Tsunami's.

Action: It was more suspenseful and fancy than fist pumping action. Z established himself well as a credible threat in both power scale and intentions.

Resolution: The Kami reveal was a WTF thing but it ultimately tied into the plot and is not a Deus ex Machina. The Counteractor Misaki was a curveball but man was she threatening.

Nitpicks:

Extras: The new Kagato factor was also a major curveball and considering that this was the last ep before the epilogue it seems like too much of a rush of new info putting her in like that. Hopefully it gets explained in the last ep but still bit jarring.

4/5. Climatic yet heartwarming in some respects. While it leaves more questions than answers, it was a good end to this current story. Though Kami seems to be a bit of a jerk.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Apr 27, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
now this was really sucked.
Some of the introductions just wasted because of shitty ending.

3/10
blessofcurseJul 14, 2015 9:07 PM
Jun 9, 2015 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
Nice ending better than s:2.

Oct 29, 2015 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
That was really weird. They tried to go big and got carried away. The writers need calm down a bit.

6/10
garydaiOct 29, 2015 6:55 AM
Jan 6, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2015
Well, that confused the fuck out of me. i wish the anime could've explained like I'm Mihoshi what the "counteragent" is and what Z's actions with Mihoshi's letter had to do with anything. Like, what's so special about Misao's ship that it is needed to kill Tenchi or something when Z is more than capable of that on his own.

I won't look at Washu the same way again after this lol

The three goddesses try to find new ways of thinking in order to solve what is basically the "can Goddess create a stone so heavy even She can't lift it?" problem

Tokimi: I became an agent of chaos
Washu: I became an immortal human
Tsunami: I became a planet

I think Tsunami got the short end of the stick here

this also means Tenchi technically has two omnipotent and omniscient goddesses in his harem

Harem level: Mythological
nice

Well, it's going to be really hard for Part 4 to top sending the gang to the highest dimension to meet the goddesses who created the universe. This kinda feels like a solid endpoint.
Sep 13, 2022 2:11 PM

Apr 2016
... tf did I just watch? This was beyond horrible.

It's like an episode sequel to a different series, or missed content in-between. If they were building for this for 2 OVA seasons, then they did a horrible job. Even if they did it better, this will still be a horrible episode, should've ended with the previous episode.

There are series that are better left off where you left them be and revisit only what you have good memories off, and this is one of them for me. I really shouldn't have explored beyond the original OVAs (and the 7th extra), but it probably didn't ruin much because these last 2 were so... meh that I'll probably forget them after some time. And I'll rewatch the original again, and I'll enjoy it as it'll remain a classic.

I was interested in trying some spin-offs but after this episode, I'm not sure if I want to do that. But I might give the alternate TV version a try though, and some of the oldies along with it just for more fun with the cast before this mess.. hopefully...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 3 Episode 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 29, 2014

7 by desuminator »»
Jan 8, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 3 Episode 5 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 7, 2011

5 by Starchaser »»
Apr 6, 2020 6:53 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 3 Episode 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 29, 2014

3 by Starchaser »»
Mar 30, 2020 5:17 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 3 Episode 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 29, 2014

4 by Starchaser »»
Mar 10, 2020 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 3 Episode 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 29, 2014

4 by Starchaser »»
Mar 8, 2020 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.