Forum Settings
Forums
Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2013 7:02 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
aww, it ended ;___;
ending's perfect. (I also read the author's interview- what she did's really awesome.)
I actually hoped there'll be more romance between Sonoda & Ayumu, tho.
Wish the series'd last longer (reunion between Miki & Ayumu, etc)

Thanks Keiko Suenobu-sensei for the awesome manga! but yes it's indeed crazy
Sep 7, 2013 2:05 PM
Nov 2012
GAH! I just finished chapter nº 73 and I just can't find the last volume online ; __; where did you find it?
SORRY IF I'M NOT SUPOSSED TO ASK THIS ON HERE BUT I REALLY DON'T USE MAL AND I AM JUST SO DESESPERATED, I NEED TO FINISH IT ;___;
Apr 26, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
I also thought the ending was good but I also would have liked to see more, like more romance develop with Sonoda and her continuing friendship with Miki.
Apr 26, 2014 4:31 PM

Dec 2011
Aww, I wanted to see Ayumu's reunion with Miki. T_T
But still, great manga!
May 21, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
Really bad manga. Forced melodrama throughout the entire thing. Manga was way too hyperbolic for me. Not to mention that the friendships that Ayumu develops with Miki and Sonoda just kind of happened so easily and they become besties just like that. The relationship with Toda and Sako just ends up dissolving without any explanation? Glad to be over with this one.
May 27, 2014 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
Finally, its over. Was really hard to get back reading after waiting too long for these missing chapters. Liked how things got resolved.
In the middle way, some over the top action and Sonoda intrusion made me feel a bit let down. Great read anyway, mostly because i liked the yuri type relationship between Ayumu and Miki.
Dec 9, 2014 9:52 PM

Nov 2011
And the end...

Good series overall since it was honest with the premise and had decent characters although I find Manami to be one of the worst female characters I've ever met. Good to see a happy ending too as the majority of this manga seems to be dark with the grim like mood.

7/10. Wouldn't mind if get this an anime adaptation. no retro-scope please
Jul 12, 2015 4:06 PM

Apr 2008
I'm glad the rest of the chapters finally got translated so I could finish reading it... I agree that it's quite melodramatic and a bit all over the place. Manami was such a powerful character, I wish we got to hear about more of her thought process on why she decided to do the right thing. Overall, I'm glad we got some closure on the situation.
Sep 26, 2016 5:56 PM
Sep 2010
I am happy with how the manga ended up but sad that the story ended. Life was most currently one of those story's where you want to follow the main character and know that everything goes positive in there life. For all the characters you kind of wonder what happened to everyone and not just ayumu. I wonder if miki will come back to see ayumu and invite me to there wedding lol jk, or will manami change her ways once she leaves jail or kasumi if he'll be punished for his acts against those girls. I don't wanna bore people but I loved this manga!

https://www.facebook.com/Anime-recommendations-637980076363563/
Mar 9, 2019 7:25 PM

Mar 2017
Decent series. Some of the conflicts were kind of questionable and Manami felt so forced, but I still liked it. Wonder what the sequel is supposed to be about...
Aug 31, 2020 5:42 AM

Dec 2013
Well this has been a crazy manga indeed but I'm glad that everything went well in the end and Ayumu can finally ejoy the high school life. I'm actually hoping for Sonoda x Ayumu to be together and Katsumi needs to be punished too for what he did to Ayumu he almost raped her. Dang.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 14, 2021 7:57 PM
Dec 2017
damn this was honestly one of the best manga i've read.

Oct 25, 2022 1:15 PM
Dec 2020
I'm conflicted. On one hand I really liked the ending, and I definitely appreciated that Manami ended up in juvenile detention, but on the other hand, there were some things that felt rushed. For example, Sako faced no consequences for r*ping and blackmailing Ayumu. With the way the story went, I definitely thought he was going to get what he deserved. Also, the teacher with the short hair, I forgot her name, how on Earth should she be allowed to teach? She entered a relationship with a teenager! That is illegal and should have been on her permanent record.

Other than that, to those who say this isn't realistic, educate yourselves. I am a victim of bullying, and this is exactly how teachers and superiors react to situations like these. They do anything they can to sweep it under the rug and find a way out. The only unrealistic aspect of this manga was that Manami got caught and sent to juvie after, and this is rare, Ayumu sued her. Usually this doesn't happen.

Great manga overall, super underrated.
Feb 14, 2023 2:21 AM

Dec 2020
dang, i really wish we could see ayumu and miki's reunion. that being said, as much as i'd want to see more of this manga after the ending, it was a great one honestly. yeah there have been things that felt rushed and complicated at times but overall i think the author was good at conveying what she wanted to tell until the very end where things finally got resolved. i love how every single character had some character development and their own background, even the ones you wouldn't really have sympathized with as much. it simply provided a better understanding of them. 

reading this manga definitely gave me a sense of hope. we just never know what awaits us in the future regardless of how bad things may seem now. because we can change things. we can find and reach the light at the end of the tunnel, sooner or later. no matter how hard it can get to keep going sometimes. that's what the manga is all about and it just does a good job of portraying and making you see that. i can only imagine how much impact this manga would have on me if i had seen it earlier during my worse times. let's preach ayumu's words and live on :) 
May 7, 8:24 PM
Nov 2018
Reply to surprisedspace
I'm conflicted. On one hand I really liked the ending, and I definitely appreciated that Manami ended up in juvenile detention, but on the other hand, there were some things that felt rushed. For example, Sako faced no consequences for r*ping and blackmailing Ayumu. With the way the story went, I definitely thought he was going to get what he deserved. Also, the teacher with the short hair, I forgot her name, how on Earth should she be allowed to teach? She entered a relationship with a teenager! That is illegal and should have been on her permanent record.

Other than that, to those who say this isn't realistic, educate yourselves. I am a victim of bullying, and this is exactly how teachers and superiors react to situations like these. They do anything they can to sweep it under the rug and find a way out. The only unrealistic aspect of this manga was that Manami got caught and sent to juvie after, and this is rare, Ayumu sued her. Usually this doesn't happen.

Great manga overall, super underrated.
@surprisedspace katsumi didnt raped ayumu, he was interrupted by her mother presence
May 7, 8:25 PM
Nov 2018
that ending was a little bit meh, it shows ayumu grow as a character from a position where she needed to be supported to a one when she herself supports others, in this case miki, but besides that, i disliked how somethings were dealth with

1. I feel katsumi didnt get any real closure, he barely confronted his dad in a few pages and later on is shown to be in his home and thats all, ayumu didnt confront him the same way she confronted anzai, and katsumi didnt confronted manami, and he didnt got any punishment or real closure, nor any words towards his relation with toda sensei, she just gets busted for it and then they simply split
  2. I find a little bit idiotic how anzai ended in the reformatory because of the bullying and not the murder attempt but i liked how she didnt really repent, anzai was irredemeable to very end.
  3. How anzai herself need to convince ayumu to go the fucking police, in fact, how no one ever goes to the police in the first place despite all whats being done to ayumu
  4. Having lots of characters crying over guilt felt annoying, infuriating even, yes they feel bad for being meanies to ayumu, it was clearly conveyed the first time hirose cried over it.
  5. How Sonoda was barely a character, it feels like he was introduced in order to give ayumu an heterosexual romantic interest and he never went beyond that role.
  6. Miki leaving felt a little forced, like since manami had been dealt with there wasnt any other possible source of drama, i guess she leaving serves to reinfoce the notion that ayumu has grown to be a more independent, capable girl, but i think the same could have been portrayed without her leaving.

Besides those points, i liked how ayumu finally gets a fresh start at the school free of bullying and being welcome by her classmates, all in all, i liked it, i give it a 7 out 10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Life Chapter 71 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2014

2 by rodmanii »»
May 7, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Life Chapter 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2014

3 by rodmanii »»
May 6, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Life Chapter 52 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2014

3 by rodmanii »»
May 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Life Chapter 32 Discussion

LoonyLimbo - Apr 11, 2012

4 by rodmanii »»
May 1, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Life Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

2 by Mirinkaiser »»
Dec 7, 2023 8:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.