Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's been a fun little ride.

I loved that performance in this episode in the midst of all the chaos/fire. Tears were well shed in this episode but I think Mimori did fairly well.

There's of course some nice action in space that I enjoyed watching as well. The second song in this episode was great too. Pretty lights :>. Idol pride. This finale was enjoyable for me.
Mar 30, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2009
Spoiler (about Acchan the 14th and the Center Nova)

Mar 30, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
Where did you watch last episode? o:
wishkasMar 30, 2013 10:50 AM
sigh..
Mar 30, 2013 10:52 AM
Nov 2011
I watched it on keyhole but it finished airing so the raws will be uploaded later
Mar 30, 2013 11:03 AM

Nov 2008
1idd0kun said:
Spoiler (about Acchan the 14th and the Center Nova)

The Zodiac fleet was completely banished by the sheer might of the both of them.

It's also cool that the Zodiac soldiers just surrender once the idols touch their hands or sing to them.

The performance was really nice with all the gunfire and such going on as well. All in all it was a fun series and quite enjoyable, 9/10.

Mar 30, 2013 11:48 AM
Jul 2009
wishkas said:

You can watch the raw here

http://www.nosub.tv/watch/41928.html
Mar 30, 2013 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
1idd0kun said:
wishkas said:

You can watch the raw here

http://www.nosub.tv/watch/41928.html

Arigato gozaemasu :D

This episode was completely awesome :D

But i was expecting see first acchan image next to sensei sensei xD
sigh..
Mar 30, 2013 12:37 PM
Mar 2012
I FINALLY GOT MY KAZE WA FUITEIRU~~

Tho I like UZA more but w/e

FYI this song is actually dedicate to tsunami victims of 3/11 disaster btw.

Full eng subbed PV with the hairy Diglett

Anyway I guess Nagisa become the center and Chieri become the ace.

Pretty~
Mar 30, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2009
akbfan said:

No, Chieri became the center. I mean, she was officially named Center Nova. Nagisa didn't get the title.

Here's a screenshot of the announcement:

Translation:

Center Nova
Sono Chieri
1idd0kunMar 30, 2013 12:58 PM
Mar 30, 2013 1:05 PM

Nov 2007
Holy shit this finale was the best of the season imo. I never expected to end up liking this show as much as I did. Best of the season for me. 9/10
Mar 30, 2013 1:05 PM
Mar 2012
1idd0kun said:
akbfan said:

No, Chieri became the center. I mean, she was officially named Center Nova. Nagisa didn't get the title.

Here's a screenshot of the announcement:

Translation:

Center Nova
Sono Chieri

I know Chieri is the center
I'm talking about their function in the group
AKB have a center and an ace
Nagisa is more like the center, the front girl of the group while Chieri is the ace, the one that group depend on
Mar 30, 2013 1:17 PM
Jul 2009
akbfan said:
Nagisa is more like the center, the front girl of the group while Chieri is the ace, the one that group depend on

I still disagree. The Center Nova is the official center, the front girl and face of the group.

You could call Nagisa the ace, I suppose. Sort of like Yuuko in the real life akb48.
1idd0kunMar 30, 2013 1:26 PM
Mar 30, 2013 1:33 PM
Mar 2012
1idd0kun said:
akbfan said:

I still disagree. The Center Nova is the official center, the front girl and face of the group.

You could call Nagisa the ace, I suppose. Sort of like Yuuko in the real life akb48.

The center is nothing more than the visual. They're just the face like you said. Anyone can be center but not everyone is the ace. Nagisa isn't as dependable as Chieri, she don't do much in the show, so she's just the center. Chieri as the Center Nova and is more kira kira kagayaki and all that so she's more important and is the ace....whatever fancy name they use in the show doesn't matter.
akbfanMar 30, 2013 1:41 PM
Mar 30, 2013 1:51 PM
Jul 2009
akbfan said:
The center is nothing more than the visual. They're just the face like you said. Anyone can be center but not everyone is the ace. Nagisa isn't as dependable as Chieri, she don't do much in the show, so she's just the center taking Acchan's name. Chieri as the Center Nova and is more kira kira kagayaki and all that so she's more important and is the ace....whatever fancy name they use in the show doesn't matter.

Well, it seems I don't understand exactly what you mean by center or ace, so let's put it like this. When Acchan was active (the real-life Acchan, I mean) she was the official center of akb48, right? Now, call it the way you want to, but this what I mean. Chieri became the official center, just like real-life Acchan when she still was in akb48.
Mar 30, 2013 2:02 PM
Mar 2013
game8910 said:
Holy shit this finale was the best of the season imo. I never expected to end up liking this show as much as I did. Best of the season for me. 9/10

This is the greatest final episode of all times. I think that there is a season 3 coming up.
Mar 30, 2013 2:05 PM
Mar 2012
1idd0kun said:
akbfan said:
The center is nothing more than the visual. They're just the face like you said. Anyone can be center but not everyone is the ace. Nagisa isn't as dependable as Chieri, she don't do much in the show, so she's just the center taking Acchan's name. Chieri as the Center Nova and is more kira kira kagayaki and all that so she's more important and is the ace....whatever fancy name they use in the show doesn't matter.

Well, it seems I don't understand exactly what you mean by center or ace, so let's put it like this. When Acchan was active (the real-life Acchan, I mean) she was the official center of akb48, right? Now, call it the way you want to, but this what I mean. Chieri became the official center, just like real-life Acchan when she still was in akb48.

Acchan wasn't just center, she was also called the ace of AKB alot by media so she's both actually....
It's like when AKB performs, the centers are changeable, like Mariko, or Takamina took turn center for Beginner, Yukirin took over for EbiKatsu once, Kawaei Rina was center for Heart Gata Virus at Kouhaku, but they're just the center for that performance.
It's Acchan who is always the "main" girl for AKB singles so she's the ace.

Center Nova is the brightest member in AKB0048 so that's basically the ace position so Chieri is the ace.

Anyway it doesn't matter, the point is Chieri is more important than Nagisa (mostly because Mayuyu stole that main character role from Karen because she's more popular)
akbfanMar 30, 2013 2:09 PM
Mar 30, 2013 2:12 PM
Jul 2009
^ Ok, I think I know what you mean now. Anyway, thanks for explaining all that.
Mar 30, 2013 2:20 PM
Mar 2013
Does anyone believes that there will be a season 3 because I think that there might be one since that they left out few key details.
Mar 30, 2013 2:49 PM

Jun 2011
Will re-watch later... once subs come out later on.
All I know is that Chieri became Center Nova w/out graduating, while Nagisa became Atsuko the 14th

Anyway, this was one of my fave moments of the show besides Nagisa becoming Acchan, could care less about Chieri.

As you can see hater became a lover. Good Job Orine!

Am I the only one disappointed that they didn't kiss?
Yeah, I understand that AKB aren't allowed to be in a relationship and all, but come on imma wanna see them smooch! >:U

===(Dont read this if you dont wanna here a rant)=============
Anyway, AKB0048 Next Stage gets an 7/10 since I was really pissed most of the time watching the show since it mostly focused on my least favorite AKB member, Chieri, I found her a little to selfish to fit my tastes. Nagisa my favorite AKB member, was treated like crap throughout the whole series only to the point where people called her Acchan during the first half, but then focusing on Cheiri the second half. I now realize that Nagisa was of NO importance to this show whatsoever, for what reason was she the main character when, in the end, she is outshined by Chieri?
Rayn3698Mar 30, 2013 3:20 PM
Mar 30, 2013 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
Fortress400 said:
Does anyone believes that there will be a season 3 because I think that there might be one since that they left out few key details.

I would like to see that, even if it is a special or a movie, i would like to know how nagisa "changes" to becoming acchan, and perharps who chieri is going to succeed...

We still dont know who killed chieri's father (from what i understood from raw) and we dont know if the entertainment ban was suspended, who kanata is going to succeed (after all the drama between her and takamina the 5th...)

:/

I feel happy because it ended like this but sad because i want see them again.

And if they want to make a 3rd season, they should announce it like next stage was announced at the end of first stage...
sigh..
Mar 30, 2013 3:00 PM
Jul 2009
wishkas said:
and perharps who chieri is going to succeed...

I don't think she's going to succeed anyone. She became the Center Nova with her name, Chieri, so now she's probably stuck with it.

You could say that she succeeded her own name, if you will.
Mar 30, 2013 3:01 PM

Jun 2011
wishkas said:
Fortress400 said:

I would like to see that, even if it is a special or a movie, i would like to know how nagisa "changes" to becoming acchan, and perharps who chieri is going to succeed...

We still dont know who killed chieri's father (from what i understood from raw) and we dont know if the entertainment ban was suspended, who kanata is going to succeed (after all the drama between her and takamina the 5th...)

:/

I feel happy because it ended like this but sad because i want see them again.

And if they want to make a 3rd season, they should announce it like next stage was announced at the end of first stage...

I don't want AKB0048 end until I see one of the other backup girls succeed.
Mar 30, 2013 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Btw, what happened to yuuko?

She graduated or will continue perform as yuuko next to nagisa..(acchan) and chieri?
sigh..
Mar 30, 2013 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
wishkas said:
Btw, what happened to yuuko?

She graduated or will continue perform as yuuko next to nagisa..(acchan) and chieri?

They didn't really say I think, I think she'll just stay in AKB since she didn't become center.
Mar 30, 2013 3:07 PM

Feb 2008
Chieri and Nagisa sure shine most of the time and glad Yuuko is back again.
Yeah Chieri used some godlike power and jump like into time and space.

I have to agree that they leave some plot holes, who killed Chieri father and will the entertainment ban will be lifted everywhere.
Yeah I actually want to see some more, there still some more they can add

The final episode was great, didn't disappointing me at all.

9/10

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 30, 2013 3:50 PM
Jul 2009
Blackbird said:

Yeah Chieri used some godlike power and jump like into time and space.

I thought the Center Nova was supposed to glow really bright and that's all, but watching Chieri pull off the god mode was definitely my favorite moment of the episode. I kinda wonder if she still can be considered human....
Mar 30, 2013 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Now thinking... didnt Chieri fulfill the conditions to disappear as center nova? all the thing about everyone feel the same ...
sigh..
Mar 30, 2013 4:11 PM
Feb 2012
wishkas said:
Now thinking... didnt Chieri fulfill the conditions to disappear as center nova? all the thing about everyone feel the same ...

Maybe it was that with all the stuff going on, or the fact that she didn't want to disappear, or she was too radiant, and so on to disappear.

LOVED the animation in this ep! There was a good balance between cg and regular animation. Mimori's Revolution was horrible because it was just a bunch of stills with music and the lip syncing was kinda weird.

Btw, even though Yukirin is my irl Oshi, I have fallen for Tomochin's adorable little kirara!
Mar 30, 2013 4:51 PM
Jul 2009
wishkas said:

She probably will disappear and join Acchan the 13th and the others pretty soon. I expect her career as a Center Nova to be very bright but also very short.

Not that it matters, since she probably will embrace the moment of her ascension to the Center Nova heaven with a smile in her face, just like Acchan the 13th did.
Mar 30, 2013 7:30 PM
Mar 2012
Oohh~ CM for the PV of the ED this season
I like it , oh look Mayuyu jacking all that attention again..what's new....

---

Yeah..i got a feeling this is the end. Karen said she HOPE there will be a sequel mean there isn't one in plan yet...oh poor girl crying like that ^^;...lol

akbfanMar 30, 2013 8:58 PM
Mar 30, 2013 9:00 PM

Feb 2008
Well yeah the conclusion for this is pretty good but I do actually hope for a sequel even thought there is still no plan or something like that but there still a chance they can plan that.

It's seem like they made AKB0048 for the purpose to make Nagisa Aachan the 14th.
Chieri is just part of the plot.

Whatever I do know there is a lot of plot holes, if it's really her true feeling she will do the voice acting again for the next sequel, only if there will be one.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 30, 2013 9:04 PM

Apr 2011
Nagisa finally the 14th Acchan and Chieri the Center Nova.

All is well in akibastar.
Mar 30, 2013 11:40 PM

May 2012
Oh god we need a season 3, I think that's the only way they can flesh out the plot holes and unexplained details.

Overall pretty enjoyable series. Finale was awesome, I totally wasn't expecting that succession and centre nova combo.

Final rating: 7.5/10
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 31, 2013 12:22 AM

Aug 2012
i must say to end the season like that i though there was gonna be a big hole but surprising ly they fit alot of things into it....(yes for season 3)
Mar 31, 2013 12:50 AM

Jan 2013
And it happened. The ending felt super rushed with too much crammed into one episode. And this also happened: in the end, Chieri ended up being more important than Nagisa even though she started the show and was the central protagonist for a majority of it. I'm glad to see Nagisa become Acchan though, she deserves being someone important such as her.

A little annoyed that they reused 2 songs out of the 4 in the episode. (ending song being used doesn't count)

lightXTC said:
Oh god we need a season 3, I think that's the only way they can flesh out the plot holes and unexplained details.

Agreed. If this doesn't happen, I'm going to miss AKB0048 a whole lot...

Oh, and I never got to see my Nagisa in her AKB0048 outfit!!!
CerisMar 31, 2013 1:16 AM

Mar 31, 2013 12:56 AM

Sep 2011
I hope the creators just didn't kill Chieri's father for no reason at all just so Chieri will became a Center Nova.

I hope for a 3rd season, but I've a feeling it's gonna be complicated, now that there's a Center Nova, an Achan, and a Yuuko, and a Takamina, and etc. Not to mention, there wasn't any sequel hook like the first season did.

Somewhat disappointed that Nagisa was just 1)b, while Chieri, the 2nd main character became 1)a
Honestly believed it was gonna be reversed. But that's just the fanboy in me reacting
LastExile_613.png
Mar 31, 2013 1:09 AM

Feb 2010
Very much satisfied with this series!
So the battle with DES is still on going, tbh i don't think they need a 3rd season... Unless they're going to talk about Sensei-Sensei...

Just what is "he" anyways?

So Chieri became Center Nova and Nagisa is Acchan the 14th... I'm really quite curious to know what all the members of No Name will graduate into haha ^^
Mar 31, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2011
Chieri becoming center nova just felt weird, like they were just appeasing fans at this point or maybe Kawamori just wanted to troll us. It's disappointing because it felt out of place but the episode was still fun.

Honestly there were a lot of flaws with how they developed all the characters and both Chieri and Nagisa in particular. I really wonder why they made Nagisa a main character but didn't do much with that until the end. Also if Chieri was intended to become a main character they did a poor job of it, she felt more like the rival to push Nagisa forward until this episode. But they didn't even do a good job of the rival aspect either so in the end what exactly was she, I have no idea.

The idea though that Nagisa wasn't the main character any more or was less important like I'm seeing here I don't agree with at all. If anything they just split the episode 50/50 on each character's importance in winning the battle just the Chieri part is what people remember last.
Mar 31, 2013 1:20 AM

Nov 2010
How can anyone, let alone a controversial screenwriter, be able to write a proper plot and closure when they're given a limited number of episodes and timeframe? It's easier when it's slice-of-life talking about a normal world but this isn't SoL.

Yes, yes, here comes the expected complaints. Like the "show, not tell" mantra, plotholes, etc, etc. And then cursing Okada for everything.

At least it's better than wasting time on shallow things like who's the cutest character.
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 31, 2013 1:30 AM

Aug 2010
I liked the closure of this anime. It didn't tell us everything (like, who did chieri's dad in, or the mystery about sensei sensei), but it felt like a finished anime and not like something that desperately NEEDS another season (like Haganai NEXT)

I loved the "near kiss" sweet and heartbreaking <3

Also, did Chieri channel Basara (Macross 7)? I mean, singing at the enemy while on the offensive is HIS area of expertise ^^
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 31, 2013 1:37 AM

Apr 2011
Wordsmith said:

Also, did Chieri channel Basara (Macross 7)? I mean, singing at the enemy while on the offensive is HIS area of expertise ^^

It looks like it. Thanks to the guy who created the whole Macross frianchise.
Mar 31, 2013 1:40 AM

Aug 2011
Excellent finale. Of course I want to see more but that ending was very satisfying. Nagisa so radiant!!! :D I dont need a season 3 but im sure it would be awesome.
Mar 31, 2013 1:46 AM
Jan 2012
I'm confused by the end (the subs were flashing for me =_=).

I get that Nagisa graduated and became Acchan the 14th, but...

Chieri became center of the...graduates? Or were they just like, "you will be center...when you graduate." Or did she simply because the 1st Chieri? Or did they all break apart to become NO NAME? I'm confused on why Nagisa didn't do a performance with the successors like Mariko did.

I guess I'm just confused on the overall breakdown of the group(s).
Mar 31, 2013 2:21 AM

Mar 2011
Nice conclusion
The performance was good and how Nagisa and Chieri able to comfort those people were cool
There are lot of things which still not answered, but it feels like this is the real end of AKB0048
Mar 31, 2013 3:29 AM

Dec 2008
a good finale for great series...

while i know this ending is rushed.. with a good script, it can be done nicely.. some question got an answer some haven't.. i think this is play safe..
if next season is planned, there's some question/problem that can be explored and expanded..
and if there's no 3rd season.. i think this ep can wrap this series up..

though about episode:
kaze fuiteiru!!! love this song...
i didnt really get about yuuko come from nowhere...

nagisa succeed acchan and chieri take no name but her name only and become center nova is no surprise here. lol

but, chieri power really surprise me. lol. is she still human now?
it's heartwarming that chieri can finally persuade DES with her song...

solid 5/5 for this finale and 9/10 for the series..
i will really miss this show if there's no FINAL STAGE.. TT

and about main protagonist in this anime.. i see a lot wondering about it... and my though is:

Mar 31, 2013 4:32 AM

May 2011
That was one heck of a finale. Even though it was littered with plot holes, unanswered questions, and deus ex machinas, yet it still made me feel all the emotional highs and lows, and for that I'm more than satisfied with this season finale.

Now I’m hoping against hope that a third season will materialize. I don’t know how popular the anime is amongst the Japanese fans, but I do know that the real world AKB48 has been hit with a lot of scandals recently, so the producers might find it a bit hard to finance a continuation. Anyone know anything that would substantiate or dispel my conjectures on this issue?

On a side note, I really hope that the continuation won’t turn out to be a series of movies that retells the tv series while adding an extended ending ala Macross Frontier. I don’t think all the unanswered questions left over like Chieri’s dad’s assassination, the reason DES and Zodiac wanted to capture a Center Novae, and who Kanata will finally succeed as can be fully addressed in a movie format.

Hopefully, if a season 3 does get made, they’ll make it about how AKB0048 goes from planet to planet, freeing the populace from the entertainment ban, while moving closer towards DES’s home planet, and end it with an epic space battle-cum-concert. And we’ll have the DES forces with their big battleships and innumerable unmanned LAS craft pitted against the hugely outnumbered idols with their mic-sabers and a few LAS plus KIRARA POWER lol. Well, one can dream, right…
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Mar 31, 2013 4:42 AM
Jul 2009
gandalf8 said:
the reason DES and Zodiac wanted to capture a Center Novae

That's an easy one. Chieri's father said the Center Nova has power over time and space, and Chieri's display of power in this episode clearly shows that her father was right. Basically the Center Nova is a demigod.

Isn't that reason enough for DES and Zodiac to want to get a hold of the Center Nova?
Mar 31, 2013 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
-Ceris said:
Oh, and I never got to see my Nagisa in her AKB0048 outfit!!!

I was expecting to see that T.T Yuuka and Orine appear in it in the first episode of first stage, Chieri appears countless times... Nagisa never : (

So many promises were done... Kanata promising to mariko that she would become a successor till christmas, nagisa wanting to be elected...

I want to see it all :/

Btw Someday we surely come to see you ...

An aleatory phrase or... something more?
wishkasMar 31, 2013 5:59 AM
sigh..
Mar 31, 2013 6:00 AM
Jun 2008
there maybe a movie or something. does anyone remember Cheiri kirara split into two for her and Nagisa
in da final episode of the first stage. don't you think that kinda gave it away that either one of them was going to be come center nova
Mar 31, 2013 6:45 AM
Nov 2012
Nailed an epic finale again.

I hope there's another season.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

80 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:44 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

70 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:12 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

83 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

93 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.