Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Such a moody episode. Well, it was nice to hear some of the back stories although I'm not sure how much of it is true. One thing for sure though is that somewhere down that line, Sakura and Ricca knew Kiyotica in some way. Loved the interactions between Sakura and Ricca this episode even with some of those strange scenes.
Stark700Mar 16, 2013 6:55 AM
Mar 16, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty much this is what I have been waiting for. Just wondering why would Sakura think that she is intruding that house when it is (?).. It makes me feel abit moody when before Rikka close the door, she looked inside for awhile.
Mar 16, 2013 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I guess she don't remember everything, she don't even remember that's her own house.

Is this what we call Paradox? Different Timelines space?
Seriously I just don't get this but it's looks all good

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 17, 2013 5:02 PM
Jan 2012
So Rikka is Sakura's and Junichi's grandmother reincarnated... At least that's what was hinted in this episode... since she was shown in season 1 to be the one who created the tree... nice episode and looking forward to the rest of season 1 and season 2
Mar 17, 2013 6:17 PM

Sep 2008
such a nice ep, poor magician girl (wich isn't clear, but i do yhink that story is reall)
and that would make the original rika(magician) the one who inhereted magical powers to juichi...now it makes sense, well somewhat

and if anyone still doubted it, there it is, this loli is definitly yoshino sakura, alias sakuranbo, who was sealed inside the tree to make it witter, and came out because....the wish i guess?, or maybe the fact that the asakura and yoshino desendants were wishing something, ad the tree reacted to its creators desendant? something along those lines surely

neji3994 said:
So Rikka is Sakura's and Junichi's grandmother reincarnated...

oh really, i tougth it was their mother, ...and sakura(yoshino) and juichi(asakura)?, shouldnt it b juichi and nemu?(asakura)

just 2 eps left, well is almost sure that there's a 2nd seanon of this (wow, really, an anime with 6 seasons? thats a first i think(obiously not comparing it to naruto, bleach and those long runing things, i meant like this one started n 2003, and still continues now (even if there are like 15+ da capo pc games...)))
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 17, 2013 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
yes, from the Da capo III VN....Ricca is

spoilers....

Mar 17, 2013 9:41 PM
Jan 2012
sorhan777 said:
yes, from the Da capo III VN....Ricca is

spoilers....

Good to know my guess was right... I really wanna play this game when they finish translating it... looks better than the other 2
Mar 18, 2013 8:07 AM

Jan 2013
seeing this episode, i somehow got a feeling that this wont have a second season... not sure though until the last episode airs...but im fine with it as long as they end the anime with conclusion(choose someone in the end), unlike what happened in dc ii ss where its an open end between otome and yume
Mar 18, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2012
I think Morizono Rikka and Yoshino Kyotaka are the grandparents of Yoshino Sakura in the previous life (look it up on Da Capo, the first series) and they were the reason why there was a magical sakura tree in the beginning. In Da Capo, the first series, it was mentioned that the grandma of Sakura was the one who planted the magical tree (though I couldn’t see her face) and that she too is a magician from another world. The grandma of Sakura taught both Sakura and Juunichi how to use magic before she died. Also, it was mentioned that Da Capo means a repetition of events, memories, etc. (again, see Da Capo first for more info)

Now it all make sense to me why the tree was there in the first place. The tree was the proof of Kyotaka and Rikka’s love for each other in their previous life and now it all repeats again…
Mar 18, 2013 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
Isn't it a bit late to turn the show sharply for serious drama with only 2 eps left? There is simply no way to flesh out the past story of Sakura or Rikka as well as wrapping up the sakura blossom mystery while keeping an eye on the harem and comedy elements in just two episodes.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 18, 2013 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, Wait, Wait... Im just so confused now. I guess i'll have to re-watch the whole Da Capo Series cause some of the Story is starting to fade away.

Well that was a cute episode anyways even tho it made me more confused....
Mar 18, 2013 11:50 AM
May 2012
Zero_r2 said:
such a nice ep, poor magician girl (wich isn't clear, but i do yhink that story is reall)
and that would make the original rika(magician) the one who inhereted magical powers to juichi...now it makes sense, well somewhat

and if anyone still doubted it, there it is, this loli is definitly yoshino sakura, alias sakuranbo, who was sealed inside the tree to make it witter, and came out because....the wish i guess?, or maybe the fact that the asakura and yoshino desendants were wishing something, ad the tree reacted to its creators desendant? something along those lines surely

neji3994 said:
So Rikka is Sakura's and Junichi's grandmother reincarnated...

oh really, i tougth it was their mother, ...and sakura(yoshino) and juichi(asakura)?, shouldnt it b juichi and nemu?(asakura)

just 2 eps left, well is almost sure that there's a 2nd seanon of this (wow, really, an anime with 6 seasons? thats a first i think(obiously not comparing it to naruto, bleach and those long runing things, i meant like this one started n 2003, and still continues now (even if there are like 15+ da capo pc games...)))

Well!Sakura and Junichi are cousins and nemu aren't junichi's real sister!she was adopted into the family when she was little!so it is alright!
Da capo 3 will have 2nd season because they have a huge budget!so it doesn't matter if its low rated!
Mar 18, 2013 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
Mikenzb said:
Wait, Wait, Wait... Im just so confused now. I guess i'll have to re-watch the whole Da Capo Series cause some of the Story is starting to fade away.

Well that was a cute episode anyways even tho it made me more confused....

What don't you get?
ShiroiKishi-Mar 18, 2013 12:15 PM

Mar 18, 2013 12:12 PM

Nov 2009
This episode had a lot of content in where the mystery of the Everlasting Sakura Tree is slowly being revealed.

We finally have a bit of a plot but still I'm starting to understand the history a bit better now. When the Visual Novel came out, people were discussing about this part but since I didn't play it, it led me SO confused but now this episode has somewhat answered some of my questions.

So I guess my intuition was right from the beginning that:

Only thing that doesn't answer my questions yet is:

If Ricca really is the reincarnation of Sakura's grandmother, why would she be in this SPECIFIC world?
In this series, the theory of parallel world intersection theory exists but surely all events should be happening separately at times so how does that work unless the point of intersection where the parallel meets is the point where Ricca creates the tree. The same goes for why Kiyotaka is there. This would mean that Ricca's and Kiyotaka's children would the parents for Jun'ichi and Nemu.

Looking forward to the next episode but I was kind of hoping for a second seasons but from the way I'm looking at it, it seems like they are wrapping things up with the main plot. I have yet to play the visual novel as it hasn't been translated so I may just be assuming things.

5/5
ShiroiKishi-Mar 18, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 18, 2013 12:21 PM

Nov 2009
symbv said:
Isn't it a bit late to turn the show sharply for serious drama with only 2 eps left? There is simply no way to flesh out the past story of Sakura or Rikka as well as wrapping up the sakura blossom mystery while keeping an eye on the harem and comedy elements in just two episodes.

Potential Second Season?

Mar 18, 2013 12:47 PM
Jan 2012
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

I've read the japanese wikipedia for DC III and I found out that the game has 2 main scenarios... The one they're showing now (Kazami Gakuen) and the 2° part of the game (London part)... so I'm pretty sure that if there'll be a SS it'll be in London... Someone correct me if I'm wrong in any way
Mar 18, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2009
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

I've read the japanese wikipedia for DC III and I found out that the game has 2 main scenarios... The one they're showing now (Kazami Gakuen) and the 2° part of the game (London part)... so I'm pretty sure that if there'll be a SS it'll be in London... Someone correct me if I'm wrong in any way

That may possibly be true. I haven't played the Visual Novel yet so I can't say anything but hopefully they do a second season, popularity wise is really high and Da Capo is one of the most successful franchises I've seen so it may be possible!

Mar 18, 2013 1:06 PM
Jan 2012
jenchiuk said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

That may possibly be true. I haven't played the Visual Novel yet so I can't say anything but hopefully they do a second season, popularity wise is really high and Da Capo is one of the most successful franchises I've seen so it may be possible!

There's a VN translation project going on for this game and maybe it's expected to be released after the anime ends so I'll definitely be playing it once it comes out
Mar 18, 2013 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

There's a VN translation project going on for this game and maybe it's expected to be released after the anime ends so I'll definitely be playing it once it comes out

Yes. london scenario(past) is the second part of the game, lets wait till episode 13 and see how it ends there.

Theres going to be a new re-release of da capo iii VN, titled Da capo iii-R that wil be release on april 26. This has an extra story, about dc ii, yoshiyuki and etc.l(5 yrs after dc ii canon story). this possibly concludes the open end of dc ii hopefully,all characters are tease in the website even minatsu but except for otome -_- , i hope someone translates this later or at least translate this part after dc iii vn translation.
Mar 18, 2013 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
Why won't amazon ship these out of Japan??? I can buy the Blu Rays of the anime but not the game... seems true of all games. Is there a way to legally buy it and ship it outside of Japan other than having it delivered to a friend to send to you? I work in software development so I feel bad taking another's work...

But great episode! I love both the serious and the fun episodes of this series. Hope it continues.
Mar 18, 2013 4:54 PM

Nov 2009
sorhan777 said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

Yes. london scenario(past) is the second part of the game, lets wait till episode 13 and see how it ends there.

Theres going to be a new re-release of da capo iii VN, titled Da capo iii-R that wil be release on april 26. This has an extra story, about dc ii, yoshiyuki and etc.l(5 yrs after dc ii canon story). this possibly concludes the open end of dc ii hopefully,all characters are tease in the website even minatsu but except for otome -_- , i hope someone translates this later or at least translate this part after dc iii vn translation.

WOOW really!!?? I'll be looking forward to that when it comes out.

Mar 18, 2013 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
jenchiuk said:
sorhan777 said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

heres some links regarding dc III-R

and heres the offcial website, its jap thou..

Mar 18, 2013 5:12 PM

Nov 2009
sorhan777 said:
jenchiuk said:
sorhan777 said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

heres some links regarding dc III-R

and heres the offcial website, its jap thou..

Thanks! I heard Fuwanovel have translated the common route today and hoping for a full version soon.

Mar 18, 2013 5:45 PM
Nov 2012
neji3994 said:
jenchiuk said:
symbv said:

Potential Second Season?

-SPOILER ALERT-

Yes, London is the second part of the Visual Novel. But unlike other Da Capo games, DC III has ''canon'' endings for every heroine. Yes, Rikka is the main girl of the game but the plot revolves around different dimensions in which every girl has a story with the main character. In the end, Sakura is the one holding the memories of each one of the girls :D

That's as far as I know, but I might be mistaken. Of course, this anime is focusing on Rikka only I think.
Mar 18, 2013 5:47 PM

Jul 2009
She's hot for being Sakura's grandmother; damn! (Reincarnation is awesome!)
Mar 19, 2013 1:05 AM
Sep 2012
That was a really nice episode. Sakura looked so lonely in the beginning that I wanted to give her a hug. At least he was back to her moe kawaii self in the end. It's nostalgic that they included Nemu and Junichi in the episode - but no dialogue! I would have hoped that they would have included Otome and Yume in the episode too, though. I also didn't expect Rikka to be a reincarnation of someone else in the past. That was a nice story in the beginning, but so sad what happened to Jill.
Mar 19, 2013 9:29 PM

Jan 2012
damn Da Capo having a deep back story?

NEMU IS STILL THE BEST GIRL
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 21, 2013 8:07 PM

Feb 2013
Instead of Sakura and Ricca being reincarnations I was thinking they could've came from one of the "mulitverses" or parallel worlds they were talking about.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Mar 23, 2013 5:46 PM
Aug 2007
This show needs more Kotori. Unless I missed something, all main heroines of the previous Da Capo franchise have appeared in some shape or form (Otome in ED, Yume's collar, and Nemu this episode). Speaking of which I have yet to see a Shirakawa descendant appear for this generation.
Mar 24, 2013 4:39 PM
Oct 2012
NoobHunterD said:

NEMU is still the worst girl i'm happy the annoying bitch is dead and rotting in hell
Mar 24, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2012
xxtyrantxx said:
NoobHunterD said:

NEMU is still the worst girl i'm happy the annoying bitch is dead and rotting in hell

Come on, tell us how you really feel! LOL
Apr 3, 2013 11:26 AM

Jan 2012
wait what.. there's plot to this? where are all my fanservices went....
Apr 7, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2012
in Da Capo second season, u remember the school Doctor? hes sister looked like Sakura, she was older & had larger bust, like Rika's bust, i think Rika is her daughter, i cant remember the name, cause sh say'd she looked like Sakura when she was younger & she still resembles Sakura a lot

& i have a feeling Rika was Sakura's grand mother in previous life, cause her grand mother & Rika look like twins, MC look like Sakura's grand father, so MC was him, its just when anime shows example MC look like sakura's grand father it means he was in him in previous life, i mean that's the reason they made him look like MC, its typical in animes
Sugram22Apr 7, 2013 7:58 AM
Feb 5, 2016 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
What, suddenly serious episode? Well, finally, I really was annoyed. But direction is still bad.

Kit-Tsukasa said:
This show needs more Kotori. Unless I missed something, all main heroines of the previous Da Capo franchise have appeared in some shape or form (Otome in ED, Yume's collar, and Nemu this episode). Speaking of which I have yet to see a Shirakawa descendant appear for this generation.

I will never understand hate towards Nemu. She was clearly the best girl in whole Da Capo. I liked Kotori too, but Nemu was just better.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 18, 2017 7:26 PM

Jul 2014
So was it pretend amnesia for sakura? Wow, deep flashback of the family, definitely Rikka route.
Apr 13, 2021 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring episode, not sure what that backstory with the witch hunt was supposed to mean. Must also have been the worst witch hunters ever, they left her alive instead of burning her.
Jul 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Nov 2010
rsc-pl said:

I will never understand hate towards Nemu. She was clearly the best girl in whole Da Capo. I liked Kotori too, but Nemu was just better.

Are you serious? So, you like the kind of girl that gets jealous way too easily, thoughtless, selfish, likes to pick fights, subject to whims, clingy, high maintenance, can't cook, etc. She has a few good traits, but she's far from the best girl in Da Capo. You only think so because she has the most screen time out of all of the girls. Also, I had the misfortune of having an ex-gf that shares a similar personality to Nemu, that's why I absolutely despise her.

Kotori in comparison was mistreated by the series and only has a few scenes to develop as a result, and yet she's the most liked. It just goes to show she's light years better than Nemu.

Anyway,

That scene where Rikka saw her future was nice. It made me reflect how fleeting life is. It's kinda making me sad all of a sudden.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

28 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 1:45 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

64 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 10:22 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 7:47 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 9 Discussion

symbv - Mar 2, 2013

23 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.