Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2007 2:13 PM

Dec 2006
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Well, more of Kahoko angsting about how she isn't good enough. The episode was okay, nothing too special. But, poor Hihara messing up in his performance...

But Kahoko's done it now! She broke it... And Lili appeared for once.

On another note, I really liked Tsuchiura's hair in this episode.
Aug 8, 2007 6:07 PM

Jul 2007
Awesome I was waiting for this episodes to come out, this episode was Ok, I also felt bad for Hihara, Tsukimori was awesome though^^,
Aug 8, 2007 10:06 PM

Jun 2007
Aaah... more Kaho-angst. >.> Although I did rather like her realization that she loved her violin. That part was well done. *nods*

And I 'gree with Ceray... Ryoutarou's hair was pretty in that style. :P
Aug 22, 2008 9:42 PM

Jul 2008
her self degrading is getting unbearable and annoying to watch
Feb 8, 2009 11:12 AM
Jan 2008
Wow her whole attitude has changed and has affected the others also in a strange way. I wonder what will happen. I agree that her hating herself is getting annoying.
Apr 3, 2009 8:25 PM

Apr 2007
Lang said:

I agree. It's even more annoying that it's affecting some of the other characters as well -_-
May 11, 2009 3:37 AM

Feb 2008
she needs to drop out of the competition buy a new violin and throw away the magic one. it'll take awhile to get back to the point that she's at now, but she'll be a much happier person.
Jul 19, 2009 2:13 PM

Feb 2008
Lang said:

I agree, I think she needs to confess/get over it/ buy a real violine and drop out of the competition. It's too much.

Poor Hihara! I really love that guy, in this reverse harem he'd definitely be my pick. XD

Oh snap! It broke...
Sep 20, 2009 4:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
the inevitable happened.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 26, 2010 12:27 PM

Aug 2009
What was the name of the song that Tsukimori played?
Jul 15, 2010 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
dawnblk said:
What was the name of the song that Tsukimori played?

Maurice Ravel's "Tzigane".

It's not the best but good episode in general. Kahoko's attitude is distressing, yet I can't bring myself to dislike her. Almost everyone had their performance affected for worrying about her, and she's angsting over her playing... and now she broke the violin's strings, well done.

If there's something I certainly don't like about this anime is the re-used scenes of the public; it's getting on my nerves that they look exactly the same as they were in the others selections.
AnisamarJul 15, 2010 2:32 PM
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 13, 2011 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
Hitsuzen! XD Give her a Stradivarius quick!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 26, 2012 1:21 PM

Jun 2011
Well, crap. The string broke. Kahoko's life is over now. At least she's surrounded by bishies...
May 26, 2012 10:47 AM

Jul 2010
I really anted to cry. Poor Kahoko, she needn't feel that way. I feel too sometimes that it isn't fair that she doesn't know how to play the violin, but it honestly isn't her fault. And the music she's playing isn't for the competition. It's to show others the beauty of music, and she can do that with the magical violin just as wonderfully as anyone else. It's just so sad. Just because you're not playing the best doesn't mean anything.
fishergirl16May 26, 2012 11:09 AM
Jun 15, 2012 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
Tsukimori plays that violin with excellence ^_^ but Hino...
Jul 26, 2013 8:07 PM
Jan 2013
Her angst is annoying, but I'm more annoyed with Lili for not being around to support her and remind her of why he wanted her in this competition. She's not there to win but to help other people enjoy music. Not sure if he means her to win, too, but that isn't why she's there.
And if she feels so guilty, she should just tell someone that she can only play that violin.
Anyway, she put too much feeling and emotional demand on the violin, and she broke the strings. Looks like the gold one is intact, so she should be okay once Len shows her how to restring the others. :)
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Oct 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah, annoying angst. She has a tendency to be depressed.
And she's over-relying on the violin, had it coming. Poor violin. :>

What's worse, it affected everyone else. Look at the gloom and doom.
Especially Hihara, awww. The way he felt after he performed made me sad. >__<
Oct 17, 2015 5:07 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Sad episode. She affected everyone with her attitude. Some in getting better but others in just beeing confused at a point they cant give their best.
Feel bad for her though for what happened to the violin. But it had to happen.
Surly she willget last palce in 3° Round.
Not sure though if Lili can repair this thing now.
So maybe for the 4th round (wasnt it the last one too?) she wont be able to perform at all.
Or she will do so with a normal violin and a lot of practice, suk at it become last but she will be happy that she did it on her own ...
Really curious what will happen :o

May 18, 2023 6:18 PM

Apr 2020
Not Story related but worth the mention:
is in Lili's One Point Classic I literally chocked on the maestro that fell off the stage xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 21 Discussion

Trie - Sep 28, 2007

12 by Min_Minaliski »»
May 19, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 20 Discussion

Trie - Sep 28, 2007

15 by Min_Minaliski »»
May 19, 2023 5:27 PM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 16 Discussion

Ria- - Jul 30, 2007

8 by Min_Minaliski »»
May 17, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 23 Discussion

Fariestars - Mar 31, 2009

10 by Preachee »»
Sep 22, 2021 2:50 AM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 22 Discussion

Chelleee - Aug 10, 2008

9 by Preachee »»
Sep 21, 2021 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.