Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2011 7:14 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm starting to get really worried about those last three.

Purple, dark blue, and black.

That black one is very worrying; I'm kinda afraid it represents death. Maybe she's going to have to end up killing Manatsu or something (if her dream was foreshadowing, and since she survives the summer). Or maybe she's going to kill a lot of people.

Though the next episode trailer shows she's doing that graveyard shot this time, so this purple one might be "spirits" or something.
GlennMagusHarveyJul 20, 2011 7:24 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 1, 2011 11:50 PM

Dec 2008
The plot of this episode didn't make a lick of logical sense.

So I guess that guy who was flirting with Satsuki and then Keiko in episode 5 hasn't called her back, and she accidentally gets a text the two timer meant to send to a completely different girl he's started dating... So Keiko decides to take the train to the resort town where the guy and the girl are meeting, dragging all the other girls along with her, and pretending it was just a random idea she had to go somewhere with her friends? Does that strike anyone else as uncomfortably stalker-ish at all?

So they make the trip, and sure enough, they bump into the guy and the new girlfriend, which has the predictable effect on Keiko, even though it's her own damn fault she's there, and as far as we know she's never seen the guy outside of that one time in episode 5, when he was actually standing up Satsuki by doing so...?

So for some reason, seeing all this happen makes Ichika flip out and summon the djinn... why? At who? It doesn't make any sense... So the Thunder djinn is the one she summons next, and he unleashes his powers to knock out the power and shut off every electrical device along the coast, including the old man's pacemaker and the hospital. Again why...? To mildly inconvenience the unfaithful boyfriend by nuking his phone, and so he can't take the train home on time? Pretty sure that's not going to do anything about him being a womanizer. Again, never mind the fact that he never really did anything bad to Keiko, he just flirted with her one time and then didn't answer her phone calls?

In every other episode up to this point, Ichika has always used the djinn powers to serve some kind of purpose: To escape the boy chasing her, to get back the watch, to find her lost friend, to intimidate the woman who destroyed her flower arrangement... This time it didn't seem like she had anything to accomplish at all, like she just unleashed them for the sake of unleashing them. I don't know who wrote the script for this episode, but I'm pretty sure any one of us would have done a better job.
May 26, 2012 12:44 AM

Jun 2008
Kind of old but...

case649 said:
The plot of this episode didn't make a lick of logical sense.

So I guess that guy who was flirting with Satsuki and then Keiko in episode 5 hasn't called her back, and she accidentally gets a text the two timer meant to send to a completely different girl he's started dating... So Keiko decides to take the train to the resort town where the guy and the girl are meeting, dragging all the other girls along with her, and pretending it was just a random idea she had to go somewhere with her friends? Does that strike anyone else as uncomfortably stalker-ish at all?

So they make the trip, and sure enough, they bump into the guy and the new girlfriend, which has the predictable effect on Keiko, even though it's her own damn fault she's there, and as far as we know she's never seen the guy outside of that one time in episode 5, when he was actually standing up Satsuki by doing so...?

When you consider Keiko is an emotional middle school-girl, this all actually makes complete sense. No joke. I'm not sure it's something that can be really explained, you may need to just understand it on your own.

So for some reason, seeing all this happen makes Ichika flip out and summon the djinn... why? At who? It doesn't make any sense... So the Thunder djinn is the one she summons next, and he unleashes his powers to knock out the power and shut off every electrical device along the coast, including the old man's pacemaker and the hospital. Again why...? To mildly inconvenience the unfaithful boyfriend by nuking his phone, and so he can't take the train home on time? Pretty sure that's not going to do anything about him being a womanizer. Again, never mind the fact that he never really did anything bad to Keiko, he just flirted with her one time and then didn't answer her phone calls?
In every other episode up to this point, Ichika has always used the djinn powers to serve some kind of purpose: To escape the boy chasing her, to get back the watch, to find her lost friend, to intimidate the woman who destroyed her flower arrangement... This time it didn't seem like she had anything to accomplish at all, like she just unleashed them for the sake of unleashing them.

"Just flirted with her and didn't answer her phone calls." Really? Did you miss the kiss and "I love you?" Shutting off all electricity served the purpose of disconnecting Nozomu and the new girl, as well as giving Keiko an opportunity to cry and let her emotions out. Yes, this is kind of weird and unpredictable, but Ichika also didn't mean to activate the Djinn, as was made pretty obvious. Her transformations are clearly going out of control, as we also saw in episode 8.

I don't know who wrote the script for this episode, but I'm pretty sure any one of us would have done a better job.

I disagree, but meh.
Sep 3, 2012 7:26 AM

Aug 2010
^
THIS.....

i don't see anything wrong with the episode....if i was in Keiko's place i would've done the same thing.....
and Ichika didn't intentionally use her power it must be cuz of her emotions were overflowing and she doesn't control her heart anymore....

teh show is becoming very interesting....i never thought i would cry over this anime but Setsuki's flashbacks and Keiko's tears were too much to handle >.< ...

EDIT:
forgot to say...isn't thst little girl from episode 1?...the son who saw Saya....
looks like she shares the same powers as her sister....
VampireLordSep 3, 2012 7:37 AM
Dec 9, 2014 6:14 PM

Feb 2014
Whoa whoa whoa this is getting crazy. Ichika's so insecure that her body is taking over her head and she's using the djinn to make other people suffer. Geez. Poor girl :( and Satsuki's flashbacks look pretty concerning. It seems like no one actually has a cute, happy life...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2015 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
didn't like this episode quite as much as the others but it was still pretty nice. ichika can't control the activation of the djinns at all anymore it seems.
Nov 21, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2009
This show is giving me creeps. The longer I watch,the more I wonder what's going to happen to Ichika.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2017 1:38 PM

Dec 2011
I think I understand now. This is how I see it:

Episodes 1-6: omniscience (the white piece of the charm & the Djinns' "sight")
Episodes 7-12: omnipotence (the black piece of the charm & the Djinns' individual powers)
The Djinns: omnipresence (being from nature/ elemental)
Ichika: omnibenevolence (bc she's the heart/ they keep mentioning her heart)

In episode 5, Satsuki's feelings were unrequited and Ichika felt guilty that she couldn't do anything but watch.
Rn, episode 9, Ichika is doing what she previously could not. She is acting on the emotions caused by her sight, which she's lost the ability to control. It activates even when she's not transformed, hence, the red eyes, and hearing Keiko cry in her head even though Keiko was not actually crying. Ichika loses control of her body and acts on the pure intensity of her feelings. She gained knowledge, and now she has the power to act on what she knows, possibly change the way an event unfolds. And she did change it! Keiko would have continued hurting on the inside and saving face in front of her friends, when all she wanted to do was cry. Ichika providing that blackout allowed Keiko to be free to release her own sad feelings. At the same time, it was to bring trouble to the physical couple who hurt her friend, via the cellphones. It ended up hurting bystanders/ innocent people as well. At the end of the day, will Ichika allow her heart to rule her? Or her head? ....Eventually, maybe she'll find a balance?

Episode 3 introduced/hinted at Satsuki having a bad relationship with men, that maybe a man had done her harm, bc she didn't want to be a server for a group of guys at a table, and the camera very distinctly glided over their half naked figures. It also brought up how she didn't like her father and jokingly/maybe not jokingly said he should just die. I thought maybe I was overthinking it but wow I can't believe it was actually true, poor Satsuki.
CMYKOct 12, 2017 1:42 PM
Apr 26, 2018 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
@Florete I just did not understand one thing, Keiko and Satsuki are now a couple? Yes, they had a kiss scene (albeit in rather strange poses) and the entire episode had a lot of romantic symbolism, but these were the last yuri vibes between them that we saw throughout the show. Even the last episode never touched it. Can this be understood in such a way that they never became a couple?
RobertBobertApr 26, 2018 12:39 AM
Apr 26, 2018 12:42 AM

Jun 2008
RobertBobert said:
@Florete I just did not understand one thing, Keiko and Satsuki are now a couple? Yes, they had a kiss scene (albeit in rather strange poses) and the entire episode had a lot of romantic symbolism, but these were the last yuri vibes between them that we saw throughout the show. Even the last episode never touched it. Can this be understood in such a way that they never became a couple?

It has been six years since I made that post, and thus, since I saw the show. I do not remember.
Apr 26, 2018 12:49 AM

Apr 2012
Florete said:
RobertBobert said:

It has been six years since I made that post, and thus, since I saw the show. I do not remember.

Eh, I'm sorry if I disturbed you. I just remembered about this show today and I was interested in this moment.
Jun 3, 2019 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
"I'll never use the Djinn's power again." Yeah sure. Did she just kill someone? Also that cliffhanger ending... Also lesbians.
Sep 26, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
Oh man and now Satsuki was molested. I understand it's coherent character development, but why showing us now? Not sure how that comes into play with Ichika's build-up.

The resolution had better explain everything properly.
Jun 14, 2020 6:46 AM

Aug 2018
So.. Why Sei again rushes to the saving?.. You, and Kai, and Manatsu, and whoever else who knows everything - you had all the time in the world to help Ichika before.. But no - you're rushing to the save now.. That's just shit..
Well.. It's really for the better.. That Keiko learnt that this guy is with another girl.. Now she won't need to wonder about anything.. And worry about him, what's happening.. He's playboy anyway.. So Keiko just can switch on whoever else she'll want.. Who she maybe deserves more, not this manwhore.. ;P
So now transformations against her will.. Ok.. Well.. So when Manatsu and other people will actually begin doing shit?.. Not just tell "oh no, it's too late!" It's all just disgusting, you have all time in the world before and after, but you choose to do nothing..
Oct 18, 2021 8:37 PM
Dec 2017
Each episode went from being fluffy to just well dark.

Jan 7, 2022 12:04 PM
Mar 2019
First, how come kids that young as Rui are allowed to go somewhere by train on their own? The big sister stepped away.. it makes no sense. Yeah, she definitely has the powers like her sister.

Wasn't Nozomu also the guy who picked up the girl who fell into the mud on the school camp back then? What a dick.. poor Keiko. It was really nothing of a punishment for Nozomu but the djinn seemed to activate on its own so Ichika tried to do at least something that she could. I half expected her to strike Nozomu with the lightning but that would be already too much.. though one never knows in this show.

It stumps me why people hold tears so much even among the closest people like family and best friends. And why hold so many secrets. They should be supporting each other. It's too tough and unnecessary to fight everything alone.

It really sucked it also threatened completely uninvolved people like the guy with the pace maker. :/

So Ichika can now see but also hear, smell and taste other things from afar. She will soon carry the burdens of everyone if it continues like this, and that will mess her up majorly. It looked like Satsuki was abused by her father and who knows what other people hold inside.

Gendolfas said:
So.. Why Sei again rushes to the saving?.. You, and Kai, and Manatsu, and whoever else who knows everything - you had all the time in the world to help Ichika before.. But no - you're rushing to the save now.. That's just shit..
Well.. It's really for the better.. That Keiko learnt that this guy is with another girl.. Now she won't need to wonder about anything.. And worry about him, what's happening.. He's playboy anyway.. So Keiko just can switch on whoever else she'll want.. Who she maybe deserves more, not this manwhore.. ;P
So now transformations against her will.. Ok.. Well.. So when Manatsu and other people will actually begin doing shit?.. Not just tell "oh no, it's too late!" It's all just disgusting, you have all time in the world before and after, but you choose to do nothing..

Exactly! The show dragged on too much while nobody gave any explanation. It gets on my nerves. But now, we should be told everything so let's wait...
Apr 1, 2023 12:14 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
I know this was wrong but i feel refreshed to see that bastard two timing keiko, cause it's her fault to so easily love and kiss a dude that you only meet first time like seriously ? Tf how easy you can be ? But i also grateful that satsuki being saved from that bastard

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 12 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 21, 2011

10 by bizor »»
Jun 20, 2023 9:40 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 7 Discussion

Shocked - Aug 27, 2011

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 5 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

12 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 8 Discussion

10 by bushman66 »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 6 Discussion

12 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.