Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
When Futaba is serious, she truly is scary but also leads by example.

Episode is definitely tense, featuring battles on various fronts. Taiyo looked more like a background character this time but still has an important role. Shion operates with her technology while Shinzou wants to prove himself. Good to know other members of the family getting their spotlight in this battle.
Sep 8, 1:43 AM

Feb 2019
Feel so bad for anyone not watching Yozakura, peak shonen right here man. Another great episode, Futaba masterclass! People had been hyping her up for this episode for the last week or so on Twitter and she ain’t disappoint, she’s such a badass.

I love how even with Kawashita warning her not to take on a Yozakura member if she came across one, Akai still tried to take on Futaba lmao. That went horribly as you’d expect, but Futaba’s ability literally blowing away all of Akai’s malice and anger is really cool. She was never trying to hurt her, just help and defuse the situation. Futaba might seem cold, but she’s a really kind person

When you see the shit Kawashita has done to Shirai, Akai and now that shadow dude who doesn’t feel any fear you just want him to suffer the worst possible fate. He’s just destroyed so many lives and his smug face makes me so angry.

Shinzo’s blooming is gonna be dope can’t wait to see that next episode. And we finally saw Mutsumi mom albeit in a flashback!
Marinate1016Sep 8, 2:14 AM
Sep 8, 3:20 AM
Feb 2020
Man Shinzos weapon's honestly sick,like FMAs alchemy being able to change it to whatever and Futabas blooming,obviously rules.
Sep 8, 3:35 AM

Mar 2021
Futaba is just awesome, everyone should fear her strength. Shinzo is also so awesome his weapons always look amazing.
Sep 8, 5:00 AM

Jul 2017
The fight against Tanpopo has finally begun on Skeleton Island, starting with the eldest Futaba vs. Akai, as well as Aonuma starting on the offense once systems are down, and Kurosawa is unable to clone any further. Futaba easily shows her chops of why she's the eldest Yozakura sibling even as Akai activates Hazakura's blooming, once who was almost burnt from being the victim of a pyromaniac. Even as Futaba activates her Yozakura's Blooming power of Magnamity, practically combining jujutsu with flames, Akai finds herself more on the losing end, even as Kawashita orders her to stop before she burns herself even greater to death. Her Cascading Kumite, Easterly Wind manages to subdue Akai and stop her from self-suicidal, which is still part of the main goal.

Delving deep into the pathways, it's Aonuma vs. Kengo and Nanao being able to manipulate ice for the latter group to reach the Research Wing and get Rei back. Kurosawa switching gears to the Research Wing as Shinzo chases him from behind, and despite Shion fencing them both off, he chooses to step up to the plate and activate his skills to the max with his new Tumeric self-made weapon...but with no ounce of his Blooming, which was a trauma beset from his past that he counts on his own brute strength and not borrowed strength.

For the 2nd time in his whole life, Shinzo activates his Blooming once again...hope he will be able to control it better this time.
Sep 8, 6:14 AM

Dec 2015
Can't believe it took me this long to catch on. Futaba's technique is similar to Neji's rotation jutsu.

I wonder if Futaba's full blooming was even necessary for this fight sometimes. But it is nice to see it in action just a little bit.

On another note, I might be forgetting but did they even have that guy that stalked Mutsumi and owns the Popopo toy store show up in the anime before this episode?

Shinzou's weapon is quite handy. I'm looking forward to more of the Yozakura's full blooming and seeing this stuff finally getting animated.
Sep 8, 6:45 AM

Nov 2023
I like what we got, but I can't help but feel we are moving too fast!
I felt nothing watching Akai's backstory because we skimmed through it like we already knew it and the fight was weaker for it.
If the whole episode centered around her, it would have been more impactful. Same thing for Shinzō, but he's my favorite sibling so I felt for him anyway.
For reference, I'm thinking of something like Tatiana's backstory from Undead Unluck, for those who have seen it.
Pacing-wise, I believe it would have been better to not rush the story and end the season with 24 episodes, stopping right before this mission.
Though I understand that ending the season with what they seem to be planning to, it will be better marketing-wise.
(I don't know how this mission ends in the manga, I'm anime only, but I know it is considered one of the best moments of the series.)
It is what it is I guess...
Sep 8, 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
My goat Futaba fucking up some shit. Don't mess with her.

Shinzo as well boutta fuck some shit up with his blooming, just would hope it wouldn't end up like last time.

Sep 8, 8:20 AM

Feb 2021
Yozakura power is being activated! Can't wait to see more of them being awakened in the battle.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 8, 9:56 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to hai_X_is
Can't believe it took me this long to catch on. Futaba's technique is similar to Neji's rotation jutsu.

I wonder if Futaba's full blooming was even necessary for this fight sometimes. But it is nice to see it in action just a little bit.

On another note, I might be forgetting but did they even have that guy that stalked Mutsumi and owns the Popopo toy store show up in the anime before this episode?

Shinzou's weapon is quite handy. I'm looking forward to more of the Yozakura's full blooming and seeing this stuff finally getting animated.
hai_X_is said:

Yeah he did he was with Kengo while he was ordering something can't remember when though.
Sep 8, 10:13 AM

Jan 2024
Peak shit...

Futaba is amazing isn't she. Akai was actually strong with her fire techniques but she (wo)manhandled her so easily. Even with her hazakura blooming she was not match Futaba's blooming mangnimity. The power to diffuse any energy seems way too op. Akai who suffered similar things as Taiyo about to went full kamikaze but Futaba stopped her, willing to walk her to redemption like Taiyo did.
Oneesan cooked🔥

Futaba being so strong the fight between Shinzo and Kuroawa feels more engaging. Black dude is literally a perfect counter to him. Shinzo pulled out his matching liquid steel Tumeric.
Shinzo about to use his blooming for only 2nd time after getting scared from using it first time.

The conclusion is going to be good next time. Also looking forward to that braindude v Shion one hoping that will be as intresting.

And Kawashita about to murder every test subject and also tested on their mother for years. Yeah he deserved to die in a brutal way.
Sep 8, 10:29 AM

Dec 2015
WaterMage said:
hai_X_is said:

Yeah he did he was with Kengo while he was ordering something can't remember when though.

Ah gotcha. When they all went to that spy mall. Guess his little arc in the manga is not going to be explained.
Sep 8, 10:53 AM

May 2019
Got some great fighting scenes and some background on both Akai and Shinzo. I liked how Futaba, who is stronger than Akai, kept her word and took the "hostility and murderous intent" out of her without killing her. Regarding Shinzo, him using that weird malleable metal is interesting and I'm curious to see what he does with his blooming.

Hearing that Kawashita would rather kill the test subjects than to have them rescued is such a scumbag move although that also means he's living up to his own reputation. Also, I'm thinking that the Yozakura father is "helping" Kawashita's side since it looks like they have their mother.
Sep 8, 11:00 AM

Nov 2013
Last few episodes have been a blast! Futaba awakened and now Shinzo too! Can't wait to see what scary power he has.

POS doc wants to kill innocent people yet again. Shcoker...

Hopefully Yozakuras will make it in time. That poor lil animal-ears girl must be saved too.
Sep 8, 11:28 AM
Nov 2018
Reply to hai_X_is
WaterMage said:
hai_X_is said:

Ah gotcha. When they all went to that spy mall. Guess his little arc in the manga is not going to be explained.
@hai_X_is not during the mall, it was during the same episode where Taiyo unlocked his Blooming while training with Ban.
Sep 8, 11:52 AM

Dec 2015
Scarred_Hero15 said:
@hai_X_is not during the mall, it was during the same episode where Taiyo unlocked his Blooming while training with Ban.

Oh so just a couple of episodes ago. Gotcha thanks for clarifying.
Sep 8, 12:39 PM
Oct 2022
Shinzo Yozakura was awesome this episode. His new invention could give him a lot of chances to defeat Chacha. He might be strong, but using muscle reshape, should prove as a great skill.

Seeing Futaba fighting so bravely and confident with Ms. Akai was something inspiring. When she mades up her mind, she is unstoppable. “Yozakura Jujutsu” was a JJK reference though:)
Sep 8, 2:34 PM

Jul 2022
The battle between Futaba and Akai was incredible. Even though Akai has a powerful ability, she couldn’t land a single hit against Futaba’s impenetrable defense and deflections. Futaba held back, only seeking to calm her down, which made her look even more impressive especially since Akai is someone who has lost everything, consumed by desperation and hatred.

While Akai is just a victim of Tanpopo, it’s clear that Kurosawa is nothing more than a deranged maniac who takes pleasure in others' suffering. I’m really looking forward to Shinzou giving him the beating he deserves, especially with his new weapon and his evident "flourishing" power, which looks incredibly strong.
Sep 8, 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to hai_X_is

hai_X_is said:

They skipped his debut chapter but he did show up a few episodes ago
Sep 9, 4:10 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to OtakuKun1
Shinzo Yozakura was awesome this episode. His new invention could give him a lot of chances to defeat Chacha. He might be strong, but using muscle reshape, should prove as a great skill.

Seeing Futaba fighting so bravely and confident with Ms. Akai was something inspiring. When she mades up her mind, she is unstoppable. “Yozakura Jujutsu” was a JJK reference though:)
@OtakuKun1 You mean defeat Kurosawa?
Gio G. Lingad
Sep 9, 4:12 AM
Oct 2022
gio_lingad said:
@OtakuKun1 You mean defeat Kurosawa?

Yes, I got it wrong. I meant Shinzo to defeat Kurosawa.
Sep 9, 6:20 AM
Sep 2020
I love how Shinzo casually shredding down enemies with a minigun. I love the Shinzo x Ayaka crumbs in this episode.

Makoto's smart by not letting Kurosawa kill the pyromaniac and let Akai do it after tracking him.

Can Kurosawa beat the T-1000?
Gio G. Lingad
Sep 9, 4:55 PM

Dec 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
hai_X_is said:

They skipped his debut chapter but he did show up a few episodes ago

Somewhat of a let down but oh well. Have to leave some things out when adapting.
Sep 10, 2:54 AM
Oct 2019
Futaba EZ W!!

All the build up for Shinzou and they end it with that fcking cliffhanger.
Bruhhh
Sep 10, 4:51 AM
Sep 2021
The battles are getting intense & intense, a lot of action finally.
Sep 10, 7:21 AM

Jun 2016
futaba nee chan is really on fire with her bloosoming !!
Sep 19, 2:45 AM
Jul 2019
wow...futaba's blooming was awesome

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28

21 by KingBaller06 »»
Oct 14, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1

29 by Treyv0n »»
Oct 14, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

64 by adbeaver »»
Oct 13, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7

125 by adbeaver »»
Oct 13, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25

21 by Treyv0n »»
Oct 13, 4:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.