Forum Settings
Forums
New
6 hours ago

May 2019
Do you take a break from anime ? go do other hobbies ? quit completely or temporarily ?

tchitchouan6 hours ago
6 hours ago

Feb 2020
"How do you deal with anime burnout ?"

So far, I have never had one.
6 hours ago

May 2020
For me its more like "anime droughts" than burnouts that I have to deal with. I have to look harder and harder to find stuff I enjoy, and to look further and further out of my comfort zone.

I would say, taking a break is one of the better things you can do. Other than that, I think revisiting some of the shows that got you into anime might reignite your passion, or it could be something else too, like maybe there is something you had always wanted to do, or that you had been saving, that you could dust off to get excited again.
6 hours ago

Jul 2023
How do you deal with anime burnout?

A day of binging Friends or other western contain.

6 hours ago

Mar 2023
* do other things: like job work, house work + healthy stuff like working out and going outside

* watch more varied stuff, you'll get burnout because you're watching the same show with different titles (but same tropes and all basically), so watch more varied stuff and even live action series (if you like any)

* mix in other entertainment methods like gaming, reading books, reading manga will also help
6 hours ago

Jan 2009
i start dropping or lessening the amount of anime i watch
6 hours ago
Jun 2023
I just took anime break last week for watching at least 6 episodes every single day last July. That's on top of my studies for an upcoming board exam. I got really exhausted so I put everything on hold after completing Monster.

Since I wasn't watching anime, I continued reading the books that were collecting dusts on the bookshelf. I also started working out and did meditation. Instead of anime, I watched some Einzelgänger and Bluey reactions videos on YouTube.

I actually find it hard to get back to anime right now. But I won't abandon watching anime.
still alive

"It wasn't made with your tastes in mind." -Shinjirou Kurama

6 hours ago

Jun 2024
By doing anything other than watching anime, such as reading manga.
6 hours ago

Jan 2008
The trick is just to pace it. If you feel like you are watching too much anime dial it down and watch over stuff too.

I once set myself a target of at least 5 episodes a day. Now It's more varied or very rarely no episodes at all
6 hours ago

May 2024
Taking a break from anime usually helps. And focusing on some other hobbies in the meantime.
6 hours ago

Sep 2018
Dropping anything that bored me as soon as possible helped me avoiding any kind of burnout.

A drop is not always forever, though. I'm giving some of my dropped anime another try after a few years: sometimes I surprisingly enjoy them, some other times I drop them again. What matters is not torturing yourself right now.
6 hours ago

Aug 2010
Take a break from anime and do other hobbies.
5 hours ago

May 2023
Never had a burnout.. there always is a title I wanna watch or re-watch.. I dunno how can watching for entertainment be exhausting or stressful.. Maybe only if it's treated as a job, or consuming beyond preferences.. Well, in any case, if I ever suffer from it, I'd turn to listing to audio-stories or reading.. or working..
5 hours ago

Jun 2024
I Don't have a anime burnout maybe because I used as a kid is more like a cartoon to me, mostly combing anime and cartoon so that you have different variety.
5 hours ago

Dec 2021
I just watch live-action movies/TV shows or play video games in the meantime. I try not to force myself to watch anime. Eventually I'll come across an anime that sounds interesting and that should be enough to spark my interest again.
5 hours ago

Nov 2020
I took a break for two years and now I feel like watching a lot of anime again
4 hours ago

Dec 2015
Usually I don't have such thing as burnout, I just watch anime when I feel I'd like to a random one/seasonal/something which I was waiting for doesn't matter. So far the only long breaks from anime were due to vacation trips, being in places with no internet/very low connection etc.

At everyday stuff when I ain't watching anime I just simply do either my real life stuff job or related stuff, hang out with someone, play video games, do some workout, go for a walk etc.
4 hours ago

Nov 2021
People usually feel burnout when they watch too much anime, the only way to get out of this is to stop watching them for a while or watch less, or you can just watch moderate amount of anime to not get in the phase of burnout in the first place.
4 hours ago

Mar 2019
Stop watching anything new. Rewatch your favourite anime or anime that you had an urge of rewatching.
3 hours ago

Mar 2009
I never get one so. I watch a show or 2 then I play games for 2-3 weeks with 0 anime watching and if I find a fun game or 2 that takes time it can go 2-3 months
3 hours ago

Jul 2021
just take a break. duration of the break is proportional to the severity of the burnout.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

2 hours ago

Sep 2023
I cut everything related to anime, and challenge myself on a 800 pages novel read. Sometimes a week is enough.
26 minutes ago

Sep 2016
Watch less and do other stuff instead.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
9 minutes ago

Oct 2022
So far I havent had any. What I do have had is that suddenly most of my time gets consumed and I barely got time to watch any anime.

If I ever had one, I will do just like any other hobby burn out: do other stuff and return to it. Just satying on these community, the memes and stuff like that will bring me back

More topics from this board

Poll: » Worst place on the internet to discuss anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ba-Cii10 - Aug 10

101 by JaniSIr »»
1 minute ago

» Have you ever grown to dislike your favorite anime?

SimplyBrazen - 40 minutes ago

10 by Theo1899 »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you write or want to write review on MAL?

nirererin - Yesterday

42 by KenaiPhoenix »»
8 minutes ago

» Will we ever get an anime as good as Zima Blue

JoeChip - Aug 6

23 by ShinyLotus »»
11 minutes ago

» Did you considered "World Theater Masterpiece series" an anime

Kirika_Madeleine - 11 hours ago

10 by Zarutaku »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.