Forum Settings
Forums

Why is fiction so much more appealing than reality?

New
Jun 26, 5:42 AM

Jan 2008
At least in my case, it's way more interesting than my life. Cool action, intricate plots, hilarious situations, compelling romances, the list goes on. Is your life more interesting than fictional stories?
Jun 26, 7:22 AM

May 2024
Cuz you get all the fun with none of the responsibilities. Life on the other hand isn't like that.

ZakuF_ said:
Is your life more interesting than fictional stories?

Most ppl's lives are just dull. We have routines we follow daily and we break those routines once or twice occasionally. But overall that's it, that's the average life.
Jun 26, 7:27 AM

Sep 2016
Because anything can be done in fiction, even though some people are trying to impose restrictions on it.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 26, 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
Reality: Work for 8 hours, clean the house, buy food, sleep
Fiction: Cool explosions
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 26, 9:13 AM

Aug 2022
Harry Turtledove said the difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is tries to be realistic.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Jun 26, 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
Because the real world sucks. That is why fiction is so appealing.
Jun 26, 9:43 AM

Sep 2018
Fiction can express things as both beautiful without flaws. Just like how LotGH has a good emperor who fights with his people. Completely unrealistic irl.
Jun 26, 10:16 AM

May 2013
Because exciting fiction is fun.

Exciting reality is agonizing.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jun 26, 11:09 AM

Mar 2018
Because in fiction there are no limits.

You can enjoy without restrictions of any Taboo like the delicious Yaoi Shota Incest without any real life consequence.
Jun 26, 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
Because fiction can always have a story about anything which will be interesting, and fiction was always more appealing than reality no matter if it's nowadays anime, medieval stories, ancient stuff.
Jun 26, 11:33 AM

Jul 2021
fiction is an escape from daily life, where everything is possible

Jun 26, 11:35 AM

Jun 2024
You sure about that? What about Warhammer 40k?
Jun 26, 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
reality is often disappointing you cannot do whatever you want unlike fiction
Jun 26, 12:11 PM

Oct 2010
My friend, fiction is crafted and curated with the very specific purpose of capturing and maintaining your attention.

Now, now, don't go on instagram and assume everyone's just so much happier and hotter than you, too.
Jun 26, 12:12 PM

Feb 2018
well that depends on the individual. Probably for someone depressed fiction would seem better than reality because it's an easy escapism route. For ones living their life to fullest, they might find fiction to be boring.
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 26, 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
In general because fiction features endless possibilities while most people don't have any sort of special life.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jun 27, 8:32 AM

Aug 2017
My main reason is fiction doesn't have limits. I can do whatever I want with fictional characters no matter how degenerate I am with them.

Another reason fictional characters look way better than real people to the point it's very rare to find real people appealing. Same with situations, real life is repetitive and boring af.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 27, 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
Watch the following Youtube video to find out why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vis6sc7Uh9Y&t=257s
Jun 27, 8:53 AM

Jun 2024
Some of us are tired of the normal, hoping for something incredible to happen every day, every single day, hoping that things aren't the same again this day
Jun 27, 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to GermanBobaTea
Some of us are tired of the normal, hoping for something incredible to happen every day, every single day, hoping that things aren't the same again this day
@GermanBobaTea and those wishes will never come true. You can only fantasize about them in anime.
Jun 27, 9:15 AM

Jun 2024
DesuMaiden said:
and those wishes will never come true

i wanted to only comment the gif but you have to write 30 characters apparently
Jun 27, 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to GermanBobaTea
DesuMaiden said:
and those wishes will never come true

i wanted to only comment the gif but you have to write 30 characters apparently
@GermanBobaTea I am not trying to offend you. But those fantasies in anime will never become true, unfortunately.
Jun 27, 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
I don't find fiction as more appealing than reality. It's more entertaining to track because of its overexaggerated flashiness, but I don't see it as more appealing than real life stuff.
Jun 27, 10:21 AM

Oct 2022
I think that reality is far better for us than many if not all fictions. For example, if we live in the Call Of Duty world there would be world-end conflicts constantly, and you are not necessarily the main protagonist. The same goes for fantasy settings.

We all love the adventure part of being an adventurer, but if someone ask you to go camping many will decline because it is out of their comfort zone
Yesterday, 3:56 AM

Aug 2021
i found my real life a little too interesting at one point i needed to calm down and slow down a whole bunch
i mean isnt that on u tho that ur real life is boring, u can go outside and make things happen, but u know its a little bit of a gamble whether u gona benefit from it or it gona mess u up
if all u do is stay and home and watch anime then no wonder u think that fiction is more interesting
Yesterday, 7:23 AM

Feb 2024
It really depends. The boredom is a matter of being used to something. I personally feel sick of fiction, it's literally same tropes and characters in every single book or movie, very little variations, if you have seen it a lot. At the same time, real life can surprise you a lot, people are not dummies.

For me personally, real life is always more interesting, even at small things. My problem is that I don't like loud people: I physically get tired of them quickly, so I have to retreat and consume some amount of fiction as a substitute for that emotional burst I still need. Pretty much like alcohol or drugs, just a cheap fake instead of something genuine.

I can't believe fiction can be more appealing than real life, as you can always spice things up to taking a bit of risk, playing with someone's emotions, sense new things etc - you can't do the same with fiction because you are usually locked in a box of author's limited creativity and your own limited imagination, there is lack of chaotic component which is the most important to me for having fun.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yesterday, 8:40 AM

Jul 2013
Because girls irl suck. But anime girls are simply awesome ;)
Yesterday, 8:48 AM

Feb 2024
DesuMaiden said:
Because girls irl suck.

Isn't it the best part? Oh, nevermind.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LoveYourSmile
DesuMaiden said:
Because girls irl suck.

Isn't it the best part? Oh, nevermind.
@LoveYourSmile I have my doubts that he gets what you mean ;)
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
3 hours ago
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Because it doesn't require any effort. You can just consoom product, and get excited for next product.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes

More topics from this board

» Would it be possible die from the placebo effect?

vasipi4946 - Jun 20

17 by DreamWindow »»
3 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on the media like this?

tsukareru - 1 hour ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you believe in soul? ( 1 2 )

philtecturophy - Jun 7, 2020

77 by DreamWindow »»
7 minutes ago

» Wrong to marry/have kids with second cousin? ( 1 2 )

ZakuF_ - Jun 25

75 by Zarutaku »»
16 minutes ago

» I'm writing a new novel. Need Reviewers

Makoto_Yuri - 3 hours ago

2 by WaffleMaster89 »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.