Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Derrick is like an engima in this show, although the P4 knows the truth about him.

With Ciel's success, he earned quite a lot of attention at school now, almost like a celebrity. P4 is still very respected and admired throughout the school including this episode. Only 2 more episodes left.
Jun 8, 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
Face-to-face with Derrick at last.

Ciel is horrified to discover that Derrick appears to be in good shape. Derrick approaches Greenhill, once again noting the pleasant aroma of the tea. Suddenly, he viciously bites Greenhill on the arm, prompting Midford to leap forward and kick him in the chin. Despite the attack, Derrick quickly recovers. Both Ciel and Midford notice the stitched wound on his forehead, leading them to realize that he is a Bizarre Doll. Derrick removes his eyepatch and calls out for Sebastian. As the prefects struggle to restrain Derrick, Ciel commands for him to be captured.

I love how they're connecting things to past arcs, like the boat movie with the zombies. Even if we bring the zombies back, they’re no match for our butler, Sebastian. And Ciel casually just has the strap on him, ig lol. But that’s beside the point, because UNDERTAKER IS BACK! HELL YEAH. We should’ve known he had something to do with this; after all, he’s always pulling the strings. The music during his reveal was super creepy too. But what’s even creepier is whatever is going on with this flashback...

Why, Derrick, why beat up innocent students? What’s the motive behind this whole arc?

Jun 8, 9:43 AM

Feb 2021
Ciel and Sebastian going all out in front of everyone and the flashbacks to all the important scenes with Undertaker were so cool. At first I thought that he was the Vice Headmaster in disguise though lol.
Oh wow, so Derrick is like Cole but even worse. I'm guessing the other students in that room are the ones who also disappeared.
Jun 8, 10:06 AM

Nov 2017
The execution of Undertaker's flashback and the previous arcs was very successful!
Jun 8, 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
without bullying it cannot be seen.
Jun 8, 11:55 AM
Feb 2024
THE UNDERTAKER WAS MASQUERADING AS THE HEADMASTER?!?
I thought the prefects were just covering up the kids’ disappearances, I didn’t think they all had a hand in it, that’s crazy.

Wasn't prepared to see the abuse, oh my gosh.
Those poor kids.
So did the prefects kill Derrick and the rest of them to prevent others from being bullied by them? That's a little extreme, no? 😅 I'm a little confused about that. The poem was brilliant though, I never would’ve gotten that.
Considering that the Undertaker is out and we've only got two episodes left though, it looks like things are really going to take off!
Jun 8, 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
The buildup to the Undertaker reveal was great, and I like how we got a little refresher on what Undertaker was involved in in the previous arcs. So Derrick was a bully...though the biggest mystery now is what the trigger was for the P4s to be willing to go so far as to kill him.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 8, 1:34 PM

Oct 2017
So it was Undertaker all along, never upto anything good as usual. Reveal about the prefect killing Derrick and their reason was withing expectation. I knew if they killed him then it would be for something related to the school. Btw loved how the short recapstory of Undertaker was done. Just two more episodes to go.
Jun 8, 2:02 PM
Mar 2015
The undertaker springs a surprise Its zombies agains
Jun 8, 4:36 PM

Aug 2017
Splendid execution!
I do love they connected the other parts to this series! The way it was depicted was way creepy. I was so frustrated that I was left hanging on Derrick's dark side.
Can't wait to see the remaining episodes.

Did anyone replay the poem to catch on the clues?

Jun 8, 5:20 PM

Dec 2022
So that’s what Edgar Redmond meant when he said he was betrayed as well when Maurice Cole betrayed him in the same sorta way Derrick did! Does this mean Maurice will have the same outcome Derrick made on Edgar?

Jun 8, 5:42 PM

Oct 2022
Why does Ciel have a Walther PP? Semi auto pistols weren't invented for another 150 years plus.
Jun 8, 6:07 PM

Apr 2016
Great to see Undertaker again!
Lots of twists and turns in this episode, now I'm nostalgic for the Campania arc again lol
PHOENIX!!
Jun 8, 6:37 PM

Nov 2022
Ciel summoning Sebastian was this ep's highlight moment for sure!!
Jun 8, 7:09 PM

Oct 2022
I feel like the chain that Ciel got holds the soul of his father, reaped as part of a deal with Undertaker. What I wonder now though is why would he want souls? Is he planning to revive the most interesting people to him? Is that why he needs to first do experiments until the body and soul are stable, so he can bring Earl Phantomhive back from the dead? Also the whole thing about Phantomhive collar being used to hang them, I wonder if the queen betrayed Ciel's dad, Undertaker is trying to bring him back and they might join forces to fight the queen.

If all of the previous statements were canon, it ties perfectly with Sebastian saying "I wonder how tasty your soul would be once you get the crown of desperation". Maybe he knows the Queen is behind everything and wants Ciel to find out, take his revenge and then eat Ciel's soul after all the tragedy and betrayal.
Jun 8, 7:40 PM

Dec 2022
Damn. It took so long but Redmond finally has a drudge that isn’t scum or a bully. Good for him. But damn that ending. It was crazy! This is the kind of stuff I look forward to.
Jun 8, 8:48 PM
Feb 2021
undertaker ate and left no crumbs
Jun 8, 9:18 PM

Nov 2022
Seems like a little much to kill all the bullies lol. Maybe just expel them? Harcourt is lucky he didn't get the same treatment.
Jun 8, 9:36 PM

Oct 2022
When the director was good enough to avoid Sebastian and outspeed him, I knew right away that it's gonna be Undertaker. I wonder what really happened tho. Intriguing story so far.

Jun 8, 9:53 PM

Dec 2022
A few episodes ago I thought it wouldn't be surprising if the Undertaker was the Headmaster, and I was right. But what really caught me off guard even though it shouldn't have, was the Doctor and Druit lol.
Jun 9, 12:02 AM
Apr 2023
I haven't watch any previous Black Butler before, so I'm guessing "The Undertaker" is kind of like the Moriarty to Sherlock Holmes, but still really enjoying the reveals and getting the background behind Ardern and his missing (dead) status
Jun 9, 1:34 AM

Oct 2022
Redmond is a horrible judge of character. He had not one but two drudge’s that were pretending to be prefect while being horrible bullies to everyone else.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jun 9, 2:02 AM

Dec 2022
Did anyone else just laugh when Ciel pulled out the gun? He’s been playing a school kid so long that I genuinely forgot he’s a killer who’s always packing heat.

That seriously confused his classmates except for Edward who realized pretty quickly that he was acting as the Queen's hitman now.
Jun 9, 2:12 AM

Dec 2016
Reply to toralbabs
Why does Ciel have a Walther PP? Semi auto pistols weren't invented for another 150 years plus.
@toralbabs
toralbabs said:

Black Butler takes place in the 1880's, so 150 years after that would be the 2030's...
Jun 9, 2:14 AM

Oct 2022
The curtains behind the missing kids, has been presented to all those who has their eyes wide open. 
Jun 9, 2:37 AM

Dec 2022
DAMN UNDERTAKER APPEARANCE AND DERRICK. I didn't expect him to be like Cole. Ciel and Sebastian showing off finally who they are was cool asf add the flashbacks from Book of Atlantic and stuff.
Jun 9, 3:04 AM

Oct 2022
So did they off all of the bullies who were with Derrick also? Conveniently there are 4 of them, 5 including Derrick.

Jun 9, 4:52 AM

Jul 2010
Reply to toralbabs
@toralbabs Black Butler is full of hystorical inaccuracies.
It's just a setting for the story. I won't spoil the manga, but "it hasn't been invented yet" will go out of the window.
Jun 9, 7:16 AM
Jul 2013
The anime beat the manga in that they released everything at once in a single chapter.

*Derek is a zombie.
*The director is Undertaker.
*The 4Ps were the ones who killed Derek.
*And Derek was a fake hdp.

But yeah, I think in the manga he was more impactful.
Jun 9, 7:40 AM

Jan 2017
I actually cursed when the ending song played...what a cliffhanger!
Jun 9, 11:47 AM
Jun 2021
this episode is absolute cinema!!!!

omg i love this shiw
Jun 9, 4:13 PM

Aug 2019
Undertaker has an interesting sense of humour lol

I’m quite surprised that Derrick was taking part in the bullying, but it does answer the question of why he wasn’t investigating the allegations since he was part of the problem.
Sun_ChanJun 9, 4:17 PM
Jun 10, 9:42 PM
Apr 2024
the animation was so smooth and STUNNING. The fight scenes were awesome and the flashback scenes with derrick were sent chills down my spine!
Jun 10, 9:45 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to GooseHybrid
I haven't watch any previous Black Butler before, so I'm guessing "The Undertaker" is kind of like the Moriarty to Sherlock Holmes, but still really enjoying the reveals and getting the background behind Ardern and his missing (dead) status
@GooseHybrid You're watching season 4 without watching any of the pervious seasons???
Jun 10, 9:45 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to cableguyjay
So did they off all of the bullies who were with Derrick also? Conveniently there are 4 of them, 5 including Derrick.
@cableguyjay They did!
Jun 10, 9:46 PM
Apr 2024
the animation was so smooth and STUNNING. The fight scenes were awesome and the flashback scenes with derrick were sent chills down my spine!
Jun 11, 9:37 AM

Mar 2016
OH I MISSED HIM SOOOOO MUCH HEHEHE
Jun 12, 12:50 PM

Oct 2020
Undertaker is back. Who knew Derrick was such a bully for him to be the queen's nephew? The queen wasn't that good of a person either in the past seasons.
Jun 12, 10:36 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Two surprises, the director is Undertaker and Arden was a violent boy!!!
kekeke
Jun 13, 2:05 PM

Oct 2011
I really loved the animation in this episode! 🤍
Anyway, I love P4, so I hope they killed Arden by accident. (。•́︿•̀。)
Jun 13, 2:10 PM
Nov 2018
booring:cccc
sad
Jun 14, 9:58 AM

May 2015
OMFG UNDERTAKER IS BACK !!!
Jun 16, 1:25 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to luv_ciel
@GooseHybrid You're watching season 4 without watching any of the pervious seasons???
@luv_ciel 😬 yeah although when I first started this season, I didn't realise that it was a long-running series 😬 then there was an episode where Ciel revealed his pentagram eye it gave me a huge shock and I knew I was missing something 😂

It definitely seems like a strange viewing order, but I've now watched the first couple of episodes of the first season and enjoyed that too, and will try to eventually watch past seasons.

I've been loving the "afternoon tea" and "public school" vibes of this latest season though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15

40 by Raizel »»
55 minutes ago

» Where is Black Butler Season 4?

TrueHit - May 25

6 by MegamiRem »»
Jun 17, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20

28 by Strider34 »»
Jun 16, 7:46 AM

» vibe

leyaf - May 1

10 by Jollyne7 »»
Jun 13, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

37 by atetilapia »»
Jun 13, 5:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.