Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 19, 7:48 AM

May 2020
You know they’re just filling up the episode durations.. the provided time slots, when they’ve to go back and play that entire Tamayo segment to its entirety once again lol. Though Hayami Show voicing that crow was one strangely fitting choice lol.

Gyomei’s backstory is one particular thing to look forward to in this arc, I mean we all have waited years to finally see that thing make it into the adaptation, and now it’s just a couple of episodes away, so yeah, but this arc particularly did go over Giyu’s past as well, only for a brief time though, so that was one other thing too. Now people may dislike him for his stern nature, but the guy is just written that way lol. But you know, being a battle shounen protag, you just don’t leave people even if they want to be left alone, right?

So yeah, it is Tanjiro who’s kind of responsible for us getting to know about Giyu’s past lol. Strangely Sabito has been a part of both of their pasts. So yeah he wasn’t just a ghost. Hilarious though, how it just took one single phrase from Tanjiro for Giyu to come back to his senses… hilarious in a stupid way. Though yeah, now training is all that’s left. Very typical episode given the arc.
May 19, 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
So that's the backstory behind Giyu's haori and his connection with Sabito. Was Makomo his friend too? His past was really sad to see. I liked that moment on the bridge where Tanjiro spoke from his heart to reach Giyu. The part where he thought of Rengoku and how he empathized with Giyu. Sabito and Rengoku look so much alike now that I think about it. I also love that Tanjiro has this shared experience that connects him with Giyu. Tanjiro was acting like a doting little brother to him the whole episode lol.
May 19, 10:01 AM

Jun 2014
With things slowing down during this transition arc, it's good to get some background and development for the Hashira we first got introduced to. Pretty sad that Giyu has been living with the guilt of Sabito's death for so long, but by the end of the episode he seems to have been snapped out of this little funk he's been going through. Gotta respect Tanjiro's persistence on being trained by him lol, sometimes his foolishly optimistic nature works to his advantage.

Also the OP has grown on me, but I don't really care for the ED ngl.
thebrentinator24May 19, 10:07 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 19, 10:09 AM
Jun 2015
For a training arc, this is actually pretty interesting. It's a good way to build up characterization
May 19, 10:11 AM

Jul 2011
Poor Giyu, barely could sleep with Tanjiro around.

Giyu survivors guilt just worked 90%, the last 10% needed Gonpachiro peptalk.

Beautiful sister.

So much anger behind that Shinobu's smile. But a job is a job.
May 19, 10:32 AM

Oct 2014
Glad to finally get some more Giyuu, hope we get to see more of him this season.
May 19, 11:00 AM
Aug 2022
I’m curious if they’re gonna expand on the scene with kanao and shinobu at all. If I remember correctly they cut the scene of and it isn’t touched on properly until the next arc
May 19, 11:04 AM

Aug 2023
Tomioka's story was pretty sad and how he thinks that he is a fake hashira, But Tanjiro let him remember Sabito's words when Giyuu's sister died while protecting him.

(A deep meaning behind Tomioka's kimono we knew that half of it was from Sabito's kimono but the other half wasn't Giyuu's kimono but actually it was his sister's kimono it shows us how Tomioka care about them).
May 19, 11:12 AM

Jun 2019
The earlier bits between Giyu and Tanjiro were funny. Tanjiro was annoying the heck out of him but Tanjiro wouldn't back down so easily. We also got to see Giyu's backstory and how it tied to Sabito from Season 1, I felt bad for Giyu there. But, it looks like the training will continue. Can't wait for more.

Shinobu calming herself down was funny. LOL
May 19, 11:24 AM

Feb 2020
Sabito and Giyuu 🥹
May 19, 11:33 AM
Feb 2024
They pulled out all the stops with showing Sabito and Tomioka’s backstory
。゚(゚´ω`゚)゚。
It must’ve been heartbreaking, not only losing your best friend, but gaining a position you didn’t feel that you deserved only because of their sacrifice.
It’s no wonder that he always said he was “different” from the rest of them.
He didn’t think he deserved to be there. He must have felt all this time that it should have been Sabito to make it, not him.
I’m so glad he has someone like Tanjiro in his life to shine light on that eternal darkness he’s carried this whole time.

"Excuse me! Mr. Tomioka! Hello! Sorry to bother you! Mr. Giyu! It's me! Are you around? It's Tanjiro Kamado! Hello!"
“..."
"All right, I'm coming in!"
"Coming in? No, he must have said I'm leaving."
Tanjiro has so much golden retriever energy, I love that he's all ✨😃✨ and Tomioka is just kind of stuck with him like (—__—)
Even waiting for him outside the bath and restroom 🤣
"Is he going to... keep this up for the rest of my life? If I talk to him, will he stop talking to me?" Tomioka is the best introvert 😆
May 19, 11:37 AM

May 2015
NICE. Tomioka joining training wil be helpfull
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 19, 11:38 AM

Oct 2009
Tanjirou literally just being persistent was nicely done, a little annoying, sure, but just showing he's there and not backing off. The "conversation", especially on the bridge, was a masterclass in about every aspect: the visuals, the effects, the VAs. And gods, that ending sequence, also with the back-and-forth that is the "postcards" and the tense momentary changes of peace vs destruction. What even. The whole episode pivots from training itself, with both Tanjirou and Giyuu being out of commission of sorts, and thus might feel out of place, but the glimpses we get into several characters, and the array of art that goes with it in exchange are absolutely worth it, from the subdued humour at the start all the way to Hyde's vocals.
May 19, 11:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nezuko conquering the sun really is a game changer. Giyu's reaction to Tanjiro actually coming in though was priceless. Sabito and Giyu were best friends huh. Must had been devastating to Giyu considering what happened. So it was understandable seeing his reluctance to train with the others. It was cute seeing Kanao's interactions with her master. That scene was a good forshadow of events to come for Shinobu. Overall a pretty fun ep that focused on grounding things by expanding upon Giyu's character while setting the scene for the training that's soon to come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 11:47 AM
Oct 2016
Tanjiro has received an urgent request from Master Kagaya, to talk to Giyu no matter how persist he needs to be. Tanjiro is the goodest boy there is ever so this is naturally no problem tor him. He currently can't participate in the full physical training due to his foot injury not fully healed so hobbling over to see Giyu is no problem. Tanjiro already has that ray of sunshine personality which makes him perfect for this. Giyu lately has been distancing himself from the other Hashira, we saw in the meeting he left as soon as he could. He didn't offer any kind of training regiment for the demon slayers as part of this Hashira training. Giyu has always been solemn but this is even more so, it makes sense that Master Kagaya would want someone to talk to him. Tanjiro has to basically stalk Giyu to get him to open up, Tanjiro waiting outside his door and while he bathing and while he's walking around. The Giyu backstory we get is of course super sad, it made me tear up seeing this animated. Tanjiro hears the full context of who Sabito really is, tying back to way long ago in season one. Tanjiro asking the important question of will Giyu carry on what Sabito entrusted to him. By sacrificing himself Sabito trusted Giyu to keep going so that's what he has to do. Tanjiro was able to unlock this for Giyu and help him move forward.
May 19, 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
Not even Giyu has a chance against Tanjirou's big brother energy, Sabito's legacy will continue to live on with Giyu and Tanjirou.
May 19, 12:04 PM

Jan 2021
We got Giyu's past now and his connection with Sabito was wonderful. We got to see Sabito again after so many years since Season 1.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 19, 12:05 PM

Jul 2023
I feel bad for Giyu, but damn he's probably one of the least charismatic characters of the show.
I'm glad the story used Sabito for more than just training Tanjiro at the beginning, always thought he was kinda cool.

Really liked the Muzan-focused ending. Sounds really ominous.
May 19, 12:08 PM
May 2022
Special Guest Stars Daiki Yamashita and Yuki Kaji reprising their Season 1 roles in cameos… nuff said
May 19, 12:14 PM

Jul 2022
Decent episode. Why do I get the feeling that this was stretched from the source material too? Kinda cool seeing Giyu's backstory and how he knew the kid that trained Tanjiro. I wonder what that meeting was way back in the past with the demon lady and the guy that looks like Tanjiro.

Uhh whatever kinda episode though.
May 19, 12:20 PM
Oct 2019
oh how I love kimetsu, I miss these episodes, yes I love you Gyu I love you
May 19, 12:26 PM

Jan 2015
tbh this was such a well directed episode, i really loved it. the plot is progressing!
May 19, 12:31 PM
Dec 2020
this was one of my all-time favourite episodes of demon slayer so far!!

Tanjiro was persistent and obnoxious, but reached his goal of getting Tomioka talking

I knew that he had to have a pretty sad history, but this was really not something i would've thought of. And we finally got the meaning of his haori, which i've seen people speculate of over on twttr

this episode provided the now usual funny-but-deep vibe of the anime, but talked about a topic i'm really interested in, so i really enjoyed it
May 19, 12:54 PM
Dec 2018
Can I start this without watching the movie?
May 19, 1:01 PM
Jul 2015
I can't help but appreciate time and time again the beauty of animation and just overall art and design. Colors are so immensely beautiful.
May 19, 1:01 PM

Jan 2021
IF TANJIRO KEPT WANDERING AROUND WITH ME LIKE THAT AND I WAS A HASHIRA IMA FUCKING BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM....
May 19, 1:04 PM
Feb 2021
Mid as always I guess, boring episode with boringly made back story, goofy ahh dialogues, Demon Slayer keeps being mediocre huh
May 19, 1:10 PM
Sep 2023
Giyu's story was sad,but it resolved very easily
May 19, 1:27 PM
Sep 2021
I like that they did not spend a long time on the wind hashira's backstory.
May 19, 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Giyu the best Hashira!
May 19, 2:06 PM
Aug 2020
great episode

he is doing well know
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 19, 2:10 PM

Dec 2023
This episode in a nutshell:
Giyu: I have depression because of trauma with my older sister and best friend's death.

Tanjiro: Stop being sad!

Giyu: Ok, my depression is gone now.

Tanjiro: It's gone? Good. Now let's go eat soba!

Also, the faces Tanjiro made in this episode were hilarious.
May 19, 2:16 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah sad past again, like everyone every season.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 19, 2:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I knew this one would go by so fast because of the double length premiere lol, it was a good one tho, very Giyu focused which I’m a fan of. It was funny how Tanjiro kept bugging him throughout the episode, it would be hard to ignore that silly lad so I can see why Giyu looked like he had no sleep after being subjected to it nonstop lol. And when it seemed like Tanjiro wasn’t getting through to him, Giyu spoke about his backstory with Sabito, that’s a character we haven’t seen in a long time, got a bit nostalgic when it cut to Tanjiro training with him.

And it was an upsetting backstory, not incredibly sad but it does explain why Giyu has been this way all this time, I’m glad Tanjiro was able to tap into that and snap him back to reality with the right words afterward. And at the end there we got a tease on Shinobu’s backstory from the sound of it, I’m definitely interested in seeing that if we’re getting it next episode. And lastly we got the ED this episode, it’s a bit different than usual, it’s gonna need to grow on me some more but I think I’m a fan already, it was very cool sounding and had some very nice visuals, it’s cool that they’re doing the same thing as last season and flipping the artists around so it’s a collab with each as well.
TheColonel76May 19, 3:05 PM
May 19, 3:28 PM

Apr 2016
Tanjiro definitely has a hard time reading a room with Giyu (lol) but at the end of the day he helps him through some grief
Kind of a cute episode, I don't have a problem with rounding out all the characters before the big battle
May 19, 3:30 PM
May 2022
Giyu-san! :D

Less action based part of the story is fine I like seeing the character moments. It’s been good so far.
May 19, 3:31 PM

Jun 2023
Tsundere Giyuu, how cute :3
I'm still sobbing Rengoku ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ
May 19, 3:36 PM

Feb 2022
I saw Kanao blushing, big W! 🥰
May 19, 4:02 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Happy to finally hear about Giyu's past. He's always been interesting, but he's always been in the background. But now we understand who Sabito really is and his relationship with Giyu and Urokodaki.

Feel a little bad for Shinobu, it looks like she really wanted to participate in the training to get a mark herself. But I'm really interested to see how she and Lady Tamayo will get along.

Despite how slow it is, I'm enjoying this break from the action to help expand on things, bring back characters from previous seasons, and begin to set up the finale of the series.
May 19, 4:12 PM
Apr 2022
The episode was ok, but I was hoping that the training would start in this episode
May 19, 4:31 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Since we already adapted half of the arc now, I don't really see how this season is supposed to be 8 episodes long
死だけが確実
May 19, 4:43 PM

Apr 2015

I died laughing here, this is meme material
May 19, 4:45 PM

Jul 2022
Tanjiro applied the "insist, persist, and you will succeed" approach to convince Giyuu. Remembering Sabito made me a bit sad, but they gave us a beautiful message about living for the wills that trusted us. And then there's Rengoku, the wound that will never heal.

Now, they will delve deeper into Shinobu's story.
May 19, 4:54 PM

Oct 2018
This guy suffered for 23 years and only needed one sentence from Tanjirou to change his view of the world. That boy is very kind.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
May 19, 5:21 PM
Apr 2023
emotional and compellling - finally showed reason for Giyu's dual haori pattern, and his melancholy nature.
May 19, 5:44 PM
Oct 2019
Bruhh that Tanjiro face LMAO

Damn that episode flew by like 10 minutes even though it just a dialogue, but it was very intriguing.
now we understand why Giyu was always a sad boy.
May 19, 6:15 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Padding for time more, but it has to be done due to the short nature of this arc which makes sense and that’s alright. I’m looking forward to getting to the next arc which unfortunately probably won’t be adapted till 2026 😅 good time for people who can’t wait that long to catch up in the manga and see what that arc is all about. Looking forward to the next episode
May 19, 6:28 PM

Jan 2016
dude was in a bad depression with trauma and depression suppressing an important memory. Stalkjiro's persistance and constant thinking utilizing past mentors paid off as he happened to say the exact right think to trigger Mr. Down-in-the-dumps.

Why is Ms. Butterfly so flustered? She's kind of scaring me, hope she doesn't accidently attack our demon allies she will be working with.
4/5, I liked it, but nothing special. Kind of cute with stuff.

May 19, 6:45 PM

Aug 2019
A rather boring episode. I typically dislike "character development" episodes, especially ones that feature flashbacks, but I could've tolerated it if it didn't feel so forced. I just feel like we should've learned about Giyu's past a long time ago, not four seasons into the series. Also I remembered that I really dislike the comedic facial expressions on the characters in this series, especially that big black dot eye expression. It's not funny or cute, it just looks creepy as hell.
May 19, 7:05 PM

Apr 2022
apart from the visuals, this episode has no business being as wack as it is.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

538 by Eluko-chan »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

182 by Matheus050 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 16

126 by k-angel »»
Sep 19, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

225 by Ashhk »»
Sep 12, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 9

161 by Ashhk »»
Sep 11, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.