Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 16, 8:56 AM
Dec 2023
Wandering around the forums, I asked myself the following question: Does anyone know the manga I read? I guess so, but I was wondering if the commu here liked the same manga as me. For my part, if I had to rank the 10 least-known mangas, it would be as follows. I'm very curious to read your opinions on his works, as well as to see your top 10.
1. Bestiarius
2. Suiiki
3. Fool Night
4. Theseus No Fune
5. Deep Sea Aquarium Magmell
6. Tenju No Kuni
7. Sazan to suisei no shojou
8. Kenen.
9. Vatican, travel diary(Ookikute Kyuukutsu na Kono Sekai de.)
10. Sousei No Taiga/Souboutei Kowasubeshi

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 12:09 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
May 17, 3:06 AM
Dec 2023
@kizumi91 It makes me happy to see someone enjoy Parasites amoureux and know Burn the house down. I've been eyeing the latter for a while. What do you like about this manga? Should I give it a go? And what do you think of Theseus no Fune (in a more in-depth way, of course)?
May 17, 8:28 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@kizumi91 It makes me happy to see someone enjoy Parasites amoureux and know Burn the house down. I've been eyeing the latter for a while. What do you like about this manga? Should I give it a go? And what do you think of Theseus no Fune (in a more in-depth way, of course)?
@Kumoiro_Shizuki
Well, my top favourite genres are drama, psychological, mystery, suspense and this Manga provided exactly what I needed. The premise is a basic revenge story but the more you explore the mystery and character drama, the more absorbing and engaging it becomes. It presents a barely sufficient level of complexity that keeps you on the edge of your seat but at the same time doesn't make you feel convoluted. There're lots of twists and turns and the climax does a great job of untying all riddles, everything is resolved quite satisfactorily. Moreover, the cast is adult and realistic, they didn't act over-the-top like the majority of Anime and Manga. They aren't perfect and have their problems, face and overcome them on their own. I think most of us will find ourselves reflected in them in some aspects. Since you like "Parasites in love", it's likely you'd like this Manga or at least enjoy reading it.
I've also written a more detailed analysis of the Manga here, feel free to give it a look: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=464379

About "Ship of Theseus", dunno which version you read but I'm currently in chapter 36 and still waiting for the new translation chapters. So far, it's more like just the start of the story. The protags went to the past, met his parents and acquaintances. His actions affect history due to the butterfly effect and this leads to some significant changes in his current timeline. Even though the idea is nothing new, I think the core theme that's also the title is pretty interesting. The original philosophical question was "If each individual piece of the ship was replaced, one after the other, was it still the same ship?", and here this Manga plays a similar one "If each individual part of history was replaced, one after the other, was it still the same reality?" Even if the MC somehow successfully proves the innocence of his father, what kind of situation will he have to face in the future, or to be precise in the present?
kizumi91May 17, 8:32 AM
May 17, 8:59 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to kizumi91
@Kumoiro_Shizuki
Well, my top favourite genres are drama, psychological, mystery, suspense and this Manga provided exactly what I needed. The premise is a basic revenge story but the more you explore the mystery and character drama, the more absorbing and engaging it becomes. It presents a barely sufficient level of complexity that keeps you on the edge of your seat but at the same time doesn't make you feel convoluted. There're lots of twists and turns and the climax does a great job of untying all riddles, everything is resolved quite satisfactorily. Moreover, the cast is adult and realistic, they didn't act over-the-top like the majority of Anime and Manga. They aren't perfect and have their problems, face and overcome them on their own. I think most of us will find ourselves reflected in them in some aspects. Since you like "Parasites in love", it's likely you'd like this Manga or at least enjoy reading it.
I've also written a more detailed analysis of the Manga here, feel free to give it a look: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=464379

About "Ship of Theseus", dunno which version you read but I'm currently in chapter 36 and still waiting for the new translation chapters. So far, it's more like just the start of the story. The protags went to the past, met his parents and acquaintances. His actions affect history due to the butterfly effect and this leads to some significant changes in his current timeline. Even though the idea is nothing new, I think the core theme that's also the title is pretty interesting. The original philosophical question was "If each individual piece of the ship was replaced, one after the other, was it still the same ship?", and here this Manga plays a similar one "If each individual part of history was replaced, one after the other, was it still the same reality?" Even if the MC somehow successfully proves the innocence of his father, what kind of situation will he have to face in the future, or to be precise in the present?
@kizumi91 Thank you very much for this detailed answer. In view of what you've told me about Burn the house down, I'm thinking of starting it. I'd still like to read your review before jumping in. In view of the similar tastes we share, I'd advise you to read Fool Night. I think you'll find it easy to enjoy. Despite its dystopian nature, the story incorporates many ethical and philosophical questions, which are very dear to me personally. Just like Chi Chikyu, which will soon be adapted for animation by Madhouse, and which I also highly recommend.

As for Ship of Theseus, I read this story via the French edition published by Vega Dupuis. So for my part, I've already finished this incredible story. In particular, you have a good intuition about the story's continuation and ending. I won't say more to avoid spoiling you, but I think you'll enjoy this story just as much as I did.
May 17, 6:09 PM

Jul 2013
I dont like listing things...but I enjoy the list the OP made tbh...
May 18, 8:13 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to DesuMaiden
I dont like listing things...but I enjoy the list the OP made tbh...
@DesuMaiden I thank you very much, my friend. Which of these works do you like and why ?
May 18, 10:50 AM

May 2021
Good taste!
I also like Magmell, Blissful land and Sousei no Taiga.
Not extremely hung up on Bestiarius tho no regrets spending time to read it (not even completely done yet)

-Sanchoume Zouhyou Monogatari
-Akuninzura shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru
-Capeta
-Doku Doku Mori Mori
-Henkyou no Roukishi Bard Loen
-Kizudarake no Jinsei
-Megumi no Daigo
-Nick to Lever
-Zannen Onna Kanbu Black General-san
-Westwood Vibrato

And more, too many to count, that's why I made a hidden gems club 😄

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

May 18, 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
I dont make Top Ten Lists lol...who would??
May 19, 1:11 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to RaviDavi
Good taste!
I also like Magmell, Blissful land and Sousei no Taiga.
Not extremely hung up on Bestiarius tho no regrets spending time to read it (not even completely done yet)

-Sanchoume Zouhyou Monogatari
-Akuninzura shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru
-Capeta
-Doku Doku Mori Mori
-Henkyou no Roukishi Bard Loen
-Kizudarake no Jinsei
-Megumi no Daigo
-Nick to Lever
-Zannen Onna Kanbu Black General-san
-Westwood Vibrato

And more, too many to count, that's why I made a hidden gems club 😄
@RaviDavi I return the compliment, my friend. These mangas we've got are undoubtedly real, unsuspected gems. If you enjoyed Blissful Land, I suggest you read Insomniaques and Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou, or take a look at Taishou Otome. I think you might really enjoy them.

As for your top list, you've really intrigued me with certain titles, notably Nick to Lever, Sanchoume Zouhyou Monogatari and Westwood Vibrato (which has a very interesting geo-political context).

I'm also delighted to see Capeta and Megumi no Daigo in a top list. Regarding the latter, what do you think of the new anime that came out not so long ago? I saw it as constantly having bad things to say about it, despite the rather decent animation and a story that seems gripping. Could you explain these poor ratings to me? And what's your personal opinion on it?

May 19, 1:12 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to DesuMaiden
I dont make Top Ten Lists lol...who would??
@DesuMaiden Bro, are you good ? You already answered to this topic before ? And I already respond to you too :D
May 19, 2:35 PM

Apr 2021
Bestiarius and Fool Night are really good!
Here are some of my less known favorites, not in any order:
1. Dakkou Suru made Ochimasen
2. Dragon and Chameleon
3. Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan
4. Bibliomania
5. Eien no With
6. Kagome Kagome
7. Batuque
8. Meshinuma.
9. Phantom Tales of the Night
10. Mermaid Scales and the Town of Sand

Be free to ask me for more manga recommendations!
May 20, 8:05 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Rissio
Bestiarius and Fool Night are really good!
Here are some of my less known favorites, not in any order:
1. Dakkou Suru made Ochimasen
2. Dragon and Chameleon
3. Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan
4. Bibliomania
5. Eien no With
6. Kagome Kagome
7. Batuque
8. Meshinuma.
9. Phantom Tales of the Night
10. Mermaid Scales and the Town of Sand

Be free to ask me for more manga recommendations!
@Rissio I'm really glad to see that Fool Night and Bestiarius are appreciated, as they're so good, whether in their writing, their drawings or their characters. As for your top, it's really pretty. Bibliomania was a real slap in the face when I read it. As for Dragon and Chameleon and Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan, I'm very interested. What are their qualities? Is Aikagi-Kun as good as Insomniacs and Maison Ikkoku? Do you have any works with similar moods to Maison Ikkoku and Insomniacs?
May 20, 2:37 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Rissio I'm really glad to see that Fool Night and Bestiarius are appreciated, as they're so good, whether in their writing, their drawings or their characters. As for your top, it's really pretty. Bibliomania was a real slap in the face when I read it. As for Dragon and Chameleon and Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan, I'm very interested. What are their qualities? Is Aikagi-Kun as good as Insomniacs and Maison Ikkoku? Do you have any works with similar moods to Maison Ikkoku and Insomniacs?
@Kumoiro_Shizuki
Dragon and Chameleon has really good art. It's about creating manga, similar to Bakuman with little supernatural twist at the beginning. Characters are fun too.
For Aikagi-Kun it's cute romance and food. Basically two people living together and enjoying meals together. Sadly it's not fully translated.
I haven't read Maison Ikkoku, but one manga similar to Insomniacs I can tink of is Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity. High school romance, loveable cast, more realistic. Skip & Lofer is good manga too.
I'm glad you liked Bibliomania!
May 20, 2:47 PM

Aug 2021
1. Satou-kun no Juunan Seikatsu

2. Rosen Garten Saga

3. Ojousama wa Love Comedy no Shujinkou ni Naritai!

4. Ibitsu

5. Hikaru to Hikari

6. Saenai Ojisan to Oresama Yankee-kun

7. Ogeha

8. Shoujo Gensou Necrophilia

9. Sumire♡16-sai!!

10. Ride-On King
Absurdo_NMay 20, 2:54 PM

May 20, 9:36 PM

Aug 2010
I love Magmell and Tenju no Kuni! The latter is on my Top 10 manga overall. As for my Top 10 unknown (more like they don't have that many members) manga:

1. Tenju no Kuni
2. Haruyuki Bus
3. Koi Tsukiyo no Himegoto
4. Kurenai Ouji
5. Marry Me!
6. Tsukikage Baby
7. Deep Sea Aquarium MagMell
8. Ohayou Toka, Oyasumi Toka
9. Kimi wa Nazotoki no Ma Cherie
10. Boku yo Watashi no Henai Jijou

I tend to read short shoujo manga though, and they tend to not have that many readers. Most on my list is also shoujo-ish or is a romance manga.
May 21, 4:18 AM

Sep 2008
Not really a top ten but just some less known stuff I've read, there are a lot of those. Not including some good ones that people have already mentioned like Qualia The Purple, The Mitarai's House is on Fire, A Lollypop or A Bullet, Zannen Onna Kanbu Black General-san, Bibliomania...Fool Night (not really sold on this one yet though).

Wakusei Closet
Ani no Yome to Kurashiteimasu
Aono-kun ni Sawaritai kara Shinitai
Isho, Koukai
Tsurebito
Kumika no Mikaku
Number Girl
Samurai Usagi
Shinu hodo Kimi no Shojo ga Hoshii
Complex Age
Goukon ni Ittara Onna ga Inakatta Hanashi
May 21, 5:26 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Rissio
@Kumoiro_Shizuki
Dragon and Chameleon has really good art. It's about creating manga, similar to Bakuman with little supernatural twist at the beginning. Characters are fun too.
For Aikagi-Kun it's cute romance and food. Basically two people living together and enjoying meals together. Sadly it's not fully translated.
I haven't read Maison Ikkoku, but one manga similar to Insomniacs I can tink of is Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity. High school romance, loveable cast, more realistic. Skip & Lofer is good manga too.
I'm glad you liked Bibliomania!
@Rissio Thanks for the tips, as soon as I finish my few reads, I'll get to read it straight away. For Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity, I see it very often, why is it so good?

And for Bibliomania, what could be better for a backroom fan than Bibliomania, Fool Night and Blame?
May 21, 5:27 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Absurdo_N
1. Satou-kun no Juunan Seikatsu

2. Rosen Garten Saga

3. Ojousama wa Love Comedy no Shujinkou ni Naritai!

4. Ibitsu

5. Hikaru to Hikari

6. Saenai Ojisan to Oresama Yankee-kun

7. Ogeha

8. Shoujo Gensou Necrophilia

9. Sumire♡16-sai!!

10. Ride-On King
@Absurdo_N A top 10 that's more about romance or fantasy, I like that mix. Nevertheless, which Ibitsu are you talking about, as I've seen 2 here on Mal?
May 21, 5:28 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Absurdo_N A top 10 that's more about romance or fantasy, I like that mix. Nevertheless, which Ibitsu are you talking about, as I've seen 2 here on Mal?
@Kumoiro_Shizuki

https://myanimelist.net/manga/16688/Ibitsu

May 21, 5:36 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Shirayukin
I love Magmell and Tenju no Kuni! The latter is on my Top 10 manga overall. As for my Top 10 unknown (more like they don't have that many members) manga:

1. Tenju no Kuni
2. Haruyuki Bus
3. Koi Tsukiyo no Himegoto
4. Kurenai Ouji
5. Marry Me!
6. Tsukikage Baby
7. Deep Sea Aquarium MagMell
8. Ohayou Toka, Oyasumi Toka
9. Kimi wa Nazotoki no Ma Cherie
10. Boku yo Watashi no Henai Jijou

I tend to read short shoujo manga though, and they tend to not have that many readers. Most on my list is also shoujo-ish or is a romance manga.
@Shirayukin I can tell from your top 10 what kind of manga you like. For my part, the 2 small things that bother me are the design in some manga (hello Fruit Basket) and the cutting of the storyboards. That's why Tenju No Kuni and Insomniacs were perfect reads for me. In fact, I'm delighted to see an unconditional fan of this magnificent little work, which transports us into a world that's under-exploited. The same goes for Magmell, which teaches us so much about the fascinating world of the ocean. If you have any other recommendations in this style, I'd love to hear yours.
May 21, 5:41 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Toha
Not really a top ten but just some less known stuff I've read, there are a lot of those. Not including some good ones that people have already mentioned like Qualia The Purple, The Mitarai's House is on Fire, A Lollypop or A Bullet, Zannen Onna Kanbu Black General-san, Bibliomania...Fool Night (not really sold on this one yet though).

Wakusei Closet
Ani no Yome to Kurashiteimasu
Aono-kun ni Sawaritai kara Shinitai
Isho, Koukai
Tsurebito
Kumika no Mikaku
Number Girl
Samurai Usagi
Shinu hodo Kimi no Shojo ga Hoshii
Complex Age
Goukon ni Ittara Onna ga Inakatta Hanashi
@Toha I think I must have put in more than 5 mangas from your top in my "plan to read" mangas. They all sound really intriguing. I do have one question though: What didn't you like about Fool Night?
May 21, 5:43 AM
Dec 2023
@Absurdo_N Ok, so I had found the right manga. Thanks for the extra recommendation.
May 21, 6:48 AM

Sep 2008
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Toha I think I must have put in more than 5 mangas from your top in my "plan to read" mangas. They all sound really intriguing. I do have one question though: What didn't you like about Fool Night?
@Kumoiro_Shizuki Cool, hope you like them. I did try to have a variety of different genres and overall vibes among the list.
As for Fool Night – not like I disliked it per se, it just feels a little inconsistent at what it tries to be. Like, at first it looks like some kind of melancholic anti-utopia, then you feel like it would be about the guy helping others using his “special powers”, then it becomes murder detective, then conspiracy thriller with action…so much stuff mixed that it feels like it can just be anything else in the next 10 or so chapters. I’ll need more time to understand the core of the story to make a better judgement whether I like it or not. As of chapter 50, I’m just not sure yet.
May 21, 7:05 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Toha
@Kumoiro_Shizuki Cool, hope you like them. I did try to have a variety of different genres and overall vibes among the list.
As for Fool Night – not like I disliked it per se, it just feels a little inconsistent at what it tries to be. Like, at first it looks like some kind of melancholic anti-utopia, then you feel like it would be about the guy helping others using his “special powers”, then it becomes murder detective, then conspiracy thriller with action…so much stuff mixed that it feels like it can just be anything else in the next 10 or so chapters. I’ll need more time to understand the core of the story to make a better judgement whether I like it or not. As of chapter 50, I’m just not sure yet.
@Toha I understand your point of view. Personally, I'm surprised because I don't really mind this mix, but thanks for your reply. I think you should continue though, as the author is undoubtedly talented. Maybe you'll be able to get back into the series later.

As for your top picks, I'm looking forward to some nice surprises with what you've come up with :D
May 21, 12:02 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Rissio Thanks for the tips, as soon as I finish my few reads, I'll get to read it straight away. For Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity, I see it very often, why is it so good?

And for Bibliomania, what could be better for a backroom fan than Bibliomania, Fool Night and Blame?
@Kumoiro_Shizuki
Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity is cute romance, there isn't unnecessary miscommunication, no stupid male MC, characters feel realistic, more like people than typical romance tropes, it doesn't take 100+ characters for characters to confess their love. So I guess it's bit refreshing to see this type of romance in manga.
May 21, 6:15 PM

Aug 2010
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Shirayukin I can tell from your top 10 what kind of manga you like. For my part, the 2 small things that bother me are the design in some manga (hello Fruit Basket) and the cutting of the storyboards. That's why Tenju No Kuni and Insomniacs were perfect reads for me. In fact, I'm delighted to see an unconditional fan of this magnificent little work, which transports us into a world that's under-exploited. The same goes for Magmell, which teaches us so much about the fascinating world of the ocean. If you have any other recommendations in this style, I'd love to hear yours.
@Kumoiro_Shizuki when it comes to a more informational manga about a world that arent explored much in manga, I think about Shrink: Seishinkai Yowai. It tells a story about a psychiatrist and teaches a lot about mental disorders and how it is handled in Japanese society.

As for style/atmosphere that feels similar, I think of Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi. It does show how traditional life in a harsh cold area, but I think it's not really set in real world - but based on 16th(?) century Europe.
May 22, 3:44 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Rissio
@Kumoiro_Shizuki
Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity is cute romance, there isn't unnecessary miscommunication, no stupid male MC, characters feel realistic, more like people than typical romance tropes, it doesn't take 100+ characters for characters to confess their love. So I guess it's bit refreshing to see this type of romance in manga.
@Rissio You've convinced me, I'm going to start this series. I was looking for such a refreshing romance after the end of Insomniacs, and I finally found it thanks to you. Thank you so much.
May 22, 3:48 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Shirayukin
@Kumoiro_Shizuki when it comes to a more informational manga about a world that arent explored much in manga, I think about Shrink: Seishinkai Yowai. It tells a story about a psychiatrist and teaches a lot about mental disorders and how it is handled in Japanese society.

As for style/atmosphere that feels similar, I think of Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi. It does show how traditional life in a harsh cold area, but I think it's not really set in real world - but based on 16th(?) century Europe.
@Shirayukin The 1st reminds me a little of certain manga, like Trace or Platanus no Mi. Given the synopsis, I think I'll take a look.

As for the 2nd manga, it's available in physical form in France. It came out recently and intrigues me. What are its qualities?
May 22, 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Shirayukin The 1st reminds me a little of certain manga, like Trace or Platanus no Mi. Given the synopsis, I think I'll take a look.

As for the 2nd manga, it's available in physical form in France. It came out recently and intrigues me. What are its qualities?
@Kumoiro_Shizuki what stands out from the 2nd manga to me is its setting I mentioned. I personally also like the main characters and their relationship. I find the characters pretty unique, and their relationship and the manga as a whole feels pretty hearwarming/calming. A nice Slice of Life overall.
May 22, 10:42 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Shirayukin
@Kumoiro_Shizuki what stands out from the 2nd manga to me is its setting I mentioned. I personally also like the main characters and their relationship. I find the characters pretty unique, and their relationship and the manga as a whole feels pretty hearwarming/calming. A nice Slice of Life overall.
@Shirayukin It's okay, I'm convinced. I'm going to read this manga too. It's amazing how you can find such fascinating manga simply by talking to people on the other side of the planet. Thank you, because thanks to you, I may have found a work that will leave a lasting impression on me.
May 22, 11:30 AM

Aug 2010
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Shirayukin It's okay, I'm convinced. I'm going to read this manga too. It's amazing how you can find such fascinating manga simply by talking to people on the other side of the planet. Thank you, because thanks to you, I may have found a work that will leave a lasting impression on me.
@Kumoiro_Shizuki I hope you will enjoy them. I will probably check out some manga on this thread as well. Always nice to discover hidden gems!
May 23, 5:08 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Shirayukin
@Kumoiro_Shizuki I hope you will enjoy them. I will probably check out some manga on this thread as well. Always nice to discover hidden gems!
@Shirayukin Thank you for your recommendations. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about my top 10. It's always a pleasure to discover and discuss hidden gems.
May 23, 7:15 PM
Mar 2017
No order just throwing them out there. Not few to do top 10. Also you can tell I reviewed some or have the only review for them so that also says how niche they are if no reviews besides the members/popularity listed.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/78929/Fujiwara_Hakushaku_no_Junan I enjoyed this one a lot. The girl's overcoming situation and the cat, honestly so many can be wow the animal the human characters love so much/get obsessive. To me the cat thoughts/dialogue was good and it wasn't animal obsession so that's why I like it it made both human/animal characters enjoyed to read their situations. I don't care for streaming and that side but I found they presented it fair enough compared to other manga with such aspects/descriptions in the main plot.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/99819/Ikinokore_Shachiku-chan I found the situations really enjoyable. Sure and office and with IT lingo but that's easy to understand but I liked it a lot. A fair office comedy.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/105658/Now_Loading I think my first or one of the few Yuri manga I've read and I enjoyed it. Short but got it's points across well.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/86633/Danchigai Just enjoyable teen/kid family living moments. I may rewatch the anime/a few chapters again at some point maybe.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106641/Chichi_no_Jikan?q=chichi%20no%20jikan&cat=manga A fair dynamic and taken pretty seriously even if the female lead can't take it seriously the male lead does for such an odd alien/taking care of type situation presented as. No idea if inspired by others with aliens and babies.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/107706/Game_Yaru_kara_100-en_Kashite A fair office, cafe, gaming kind of manga. Different from Wotaki.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/111508/Tawawa_na_Oppai_wa_Suki_desu_ka__Kyonyuu_Shoujo_Anthology_Comic It may be an ecchi anthology but because it's an anthology a lot of stories were really interesting the different angles they went for.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/133916/Zettai_ni_Furo_ni_Hairitakunai_Kanojo_vs_Zettai_ni_Furo_ni_Iretai_Kareshi Fun situations, no ecchi just charming situations between the couple and other characters.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/123990/Shachiku_Succubus_no_Hanashi A good way to present a Succubus that is just therre to chill with the character, just having fun, no ecchi even if Succubus are associated with it usually. There is another one I've read that I think is similar (Saki Hungers that is ecchi and another that is non-ecchi/clean but works in an office I forget the name).

https://myanimelist.net/manga/10837/Koe_de_Oshigoto I like the way it balances the quirkiness of the characters and the eroge development details.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/133362/Ganbare_Douki-chan The romance is hit and miss but the comedy/art is pretty good I find. I watched this one week to week it's short form episodes same with Tawawa on Monday S2. Why not.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/108520/Bijin_Onna_Joushi_Takizawa-san Fair office romcom

https://myanimelist.net/manga/111261/Akuyaku_Ouji_wa_Koi_ga_Dekinai A fair main character syndrome sort of story and how it uses that concept.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/111477/Asoko_de_Hataraku_Musubu-san Maybe about the company they work when looking at it at first (and is sponsored by a company that specializes in it I think) in but the romance is pretty good.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/135383/Kimi_to_Pico-Pico I prefer over Gamers, I prefer the romance and the gaming moments more here.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/130186/Rental_Kanojo_Tsukita-san Different then Rent A Girlfriend and does a good job being it's own rental girlfriend experience and does in fact end.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/130549/Ano_Oni_Kyoushi_ga_Boku_no_Ane_ni_Naru_n_desu_ka A fair dynamic.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/139094/Otaku_datte_Gal_to_Koi_Shitai fair situations, good art.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/139456/Gotou-san_wa_Furimukasetai Fair romance, enjoyable moments, short chapters but some are brief, others longer and expand on moments.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/14491/Hen_Koi Fair ecchi moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/98035/Kabe_ni_Marycom Fair moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/110600/Mimibukuro-san_no_Chiebukuro Fair ecchi moments and body details like Futari Ecchi of educational to a degree, like the animal ones does some animal details of education (not as in-depth as Futari Ecchi but still there besides the weird situation put in)

https://myanimelist.net/manga/113249/Hen_na_Chishiki_ni_Kuwashii_Kanojo_Takayukashiki_Souko-san Fair dialogue/moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/116737/Chicchai_Senpai_ga_Kawaisugiru Fair moments, and it's 2 sequels.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/117261/Rental_Girls Fair mix of different stories/'films'

https://myanimelist.net/manga/118063/Okusama_wa_Niizuma-chan Fair couple/moments with the wives thoughts

https://myanimelist.net/manga/130230/Itai_Oneesan_wa_Suki_desu_ka Not much but enjoyable enough to read all 100 chapters even if she has many failures or not much that goes on but it is interesting to always see what happens next between characters for an office lady getting by in life and how people think/act in their personal lives.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/12305/Schoolmate Fair modelling and moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/73701/EG_Maker Fair ecchi moments and eroge development

https://myanimelist.net/manga/83997/Okusan_Volleyball vaguely remember being good

https://myanimelist.net/manga/116488/Satou-kun_wa_Miteiru__Kamisama_Appli_de_Onnanoko_no_Kokoro_wo_Nozoitara_Do_xx_Datta fair use of the app/romance type story I've seen more in Manhwa with an app or with special glasses

https://myanimelist.net/manga/120308/Senpai_Office_Love_Shimasho%E2%99%AA was fair of moments this and the one that did get an anime https://myanimelist.net/manga/126161/Uchi_no_Kaisha_no_Chiisai_Senpai_no_Hanashi

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3288/Love%E2%99%A1Lucky Like Baka to Boing a pretty fair idol and fan that likes her manga other than with baka to boing she is dead while here they are a couple https://myanimelist.net/manga/11653/Baka_to_Boing?q=baka%20to%20boing&cat=manga

https://myanimelist.net/manga/604/Okusama_wa_Joshikousei a fair manga, I did find Tawawa on Monday did a few scene/episode speedrunning but this at a slower pass is fair of the dynamic they have

https://myanimelist.net/manga/56253/Chichi_Miko__Inran_Otome_Zoushi a fair ecchi/borderline

https://myanimelist.net/manga/38167/18_Rin a fair dynamic the character finds themself in

https://myanimelist.net/manga/18354/Ebisu-san_to_Hotei-san fair office situation manga

https://myanimelist.net/manga/92236/Paranoia_Cage A fair mangaka what they work on, their ecchi thoughts to draw an ecchi manga/life situation
Suntanned_Duck2May 23, 7:27 PM
May 23, 10:16 PM

Aug 2019
Too lazy to do a list of ten series at the moment, but for sure "Give My Regards to Black Jack" should get WAY more love and attention.

EDIT: Ah, fuck it. It's easy enough to go through my manga list and see what other series I enjoyed that also deserve more:

1. Oooku
  2. Momo and Manji
  3. Real - Proof that all of Inoue's series are amazing, but I see that it does not get talked about as much as "Slam Dunk" or "Vagabond."
  4. Endless World
  5. Hoshi wa Utau - Same mangaka as "Fruits Basket" and should be more well-known.
  6. Okaeri Alice - Same situation as with the previous series, mangaka is known for "The Flowers of Evil" and "Blood on the Tracks" but this one should also be up there.
  7. Tetsugaku Letra / Yuunagi ni Mae, Boku no Ribbon - These two are good for similar reasons.
  8. Blue Flag - I'd say people do know about this series depending on which circles you're in, but I'm flabbergasted that this series never got an anime adaptation and was introduced to a broader audience. I could see it being such a big hit. The mangaka is also so talented that I'm keeping an eye out for his next series.

Also, I really liked "Oni wa Warau ka," but this one is very much an acquired taste.
bucciestMay 23, 10:32 PM
May 24, 5:41 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to bucciest
Too lazy to do a list of ten series at the moment, but for sure "Give My Regards to Black Jack" should get WAY more love and attention.

EDIT: Ah, fuck it. It's easy enough to go through my manga list and see what other series I enjoyed that also deserve more:

1. Oooku
  2. Momo and Manji
  3. Real - Proof that all of Inoue's series are amazing, but I see that it does not get talked about as much as "Slam Dunk" or "Vagabond."
  4. Endless World
  5. Hoshi wa Utau - Same mangaka as "Fruits Basket" and should be more well-known.
  6. Okaeri Alice - Same situation as with the previous series, mangaka is known for "The Flowers of Evil" and "Blood on the Tracks" but this one should also be up there.
  7. Tetsugaku Letra / Yuunagi ni Mae, Boku no Ribbon - These two are good for similar reasons.
  8. Blue Flag - I'd say people do know about this series depending on which circles you're in, but I'm flabbergasted that this series never got an anime adaptation and was introduced to a broader audience. I could see it being such a big hit. The mangaka is also so talented that I'm keeping an eye out for his next series.

Also, I really liked "Oni wa Warau ka," but this one is very much an acquired taste.
@bucciest I see that our tastes are rather antinomic. Personally, I'm very much into so-called "conservative" works (Bestiarius only conveys old-fashioned values, such as love of one's country, wanting to protect one's wife and children, bravery, courage, etc.), at least from my point of view. Unlike your readings, which are more geared towards boy love and all those topics. I'm not necessarily into that sort of thing. However, I'm very happy to see Ooku and Real, which are indeed too well known, given all the good things I hear about these mangas.

Nevertheless, I wanted to come back quickly to Okeari Alice. I'm a huge fan of Chi No Wadachi and I find that Oshimi tackles a lot of very taboo subjects, even in the West. But where the other works fascinated me, both with their stories and their characters, or at the very least gave me nothing special, Okaeri Alice is Oshimi's biggest miss in my opinion. I find the characters in this work so detestable that I can't go on. I can't explain it to myself, because I feel the same way about Sakamoto's #DRCL. Sakamoto is an author whom I also adore enormously (Innocent and Kokou No Hitou are real nuggets), but the characters in DRCL are also utterly despicable.

No offense to any community, just finds their personalities just haughty and arrogant for the most part, if not depraved ( Isn't it, Quincey?).
May 24, 5:42 AM
Dec 2023
@bucciest If you have a question about one of his works, don't hesitate to ask me, I'll be happy to answer it for you, my friend.
May 24, 5:55 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Suntanned_Duck2
No order just throwing them out there. Not few to do top 10. Also you can tell I reviewed some or have the only review for them so that also says how niche they are if no reviews besides the members/popularity listed.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/78929/Fujiwara_Hakushaku_no_Junan I enjoyed this one a lot. The girl's overcoming situation and the cat, honestly so many can be wow the animal the human characters love so much/get obsessive. To me the cat thoughts/dialogue was good and it wasn't animal obsession so that's why I like it it made both human/animal characters enjoyed to read their situations. I don't care for streaming and that side but I found they presented it fair enough compared to other manga with such aspects/descriptions in the main plot.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/99819/Ikinokore_Shachiku-chan I found the situations really enjoyable. Sure and office and with IT lingo but that's easy to understand but I liked it a lot. A fair office comedy.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/105658/Now_Loading I think my first or one of the few Yuri manga I've read and I enjoyed it. Short but got it's points across well.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/86633/Danchigai Just enjoyable teen/kid family living moments. I may rewatch the anime/a few chapters again at some point maybe.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106641/Chichi_no_Jikan?q=chichi%20no%20jikan&cat=manga A fair dynamic and taken pretty seriously even if the female lead can't take it seriously the male lead does for such an odd alien/taking care of type situation presented as. No idea if inspired by others with aliens and babies.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/107706/Game_Yaru_kara_100-en_Kashite A fair office, cafe, gaming kind of manga. Different from Wotaki.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/111508/Tawawa_na_Oppai_wa_Suki_desu_ka__Kyonyuu_Shoujo_Anthology_Comic It may be an ecchi anthology but because it's an anthology a lot of stories were really interesting the different angles they went for.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/133916/Zettai_ni_Furo_ni_Hairitakunai_Kanojo_vs_Zettai_ni_Furo_ni_Iretai_Kareshi Fun situations, no ecchi just charming situations between the couple and other characters.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/123990/Shachiku_Succubus_no_Hanashi A good way to present a Succubus that is just therre to chill with the character, just having fun, no ecchi even if Succubus are associated with it usually. There is another one I've read that I think is similar (Saki Hungers that is ecchi and another that is non-ecchi/clean but works in an office I forget the name).

https://myanimelist.net/manga/10837/Koe_de_Oshigoto I like the way it balances the quirkiness of the characters and the eroge development details.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/133362/Ganbare_Douki-chan The romance is hit and miss but the comedy/art is pretty good I find. I watched this one week to week it's short form episodes same with Tawawa on Monday S2. Why not.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/108520/Bijin_Onna_Joushi_Takizawa-san Fair office romcom

https://myanimelist.net/manga/111261/Akuyaku_Ouji_wa_Koi_ga_Dekinai A fair main character syndrome sort of story and how it uses that concept.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/111477/Asoko_de_Hataraku_Musubu-san Maybe about the company they work when looking at it at first (and is sponsored by a company that specializes in it I think) in but the romance is pretty good.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/135383/Kimi_to_Pico-Pico I prefer over Gamers, I prefer the romance and the gaming moments more here.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/130186/Rental_Kanojo_Tsukita-san Different then Rent A Girlfriend and does a good job being it's own rental girlfriend experience and does in fact end.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/130549/Ano_Oni_Kyoushi_ga_Boku_no_Ane_ni_Naru_n_desu_ka A fair dynamic.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/139094/Otaku_datte_Gal_to_Koi_Shitai fair situations, good art.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/139456/Gotou-san_wa_Furimukasetai Fair romance, enjoyable moments, short chapters but some are brief, others longer and expand on moments.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/14491/Hen_Koi Fair ecchi moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/98035/Kabe_ni_Marycom Fair moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/110600/Mimibukuro-san_no_Chiebukuro Fair ecchi moments and body details like Futari Ecchi of educational to a degree, like the animal ones does some animal details of education (not as in-depth as Futari Ecchi but still there besides the weird situation put in)

https://myanimelist.net/manga/113249/Hen_na_Chishiki_ni_Kuwashii_Kanojo_Takayukashiki_Souko-san Fair dialogue/moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/116737/Chicchai_Senpai_ga_Kawaisugiru Fair moments, and it's 2 sequels.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/117261/Rental_Girls Fair mix of different stories/'films'

https://myanimelist.net/manga/118063/Okusama_wa_Niizuma-chan Fair couple/moments with the wives thoughts

https://myanimelist.net/manga/130230/Itai_Oneesan_wa_Suki_desu_ka Not much but enjoyable enough to read all 100 chapters even if she has many failures or not much that goes on but it is interesting to always see what happens next between characters for an office lady getting by in life and how people think/act in their personal lives.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/12305/Schoolmate Fair modelling and moments

https://myanimelist.net/manga/73701/EG_Maker Fair ecchi moments and eroge development

https://myanimelist.net/manga/83997/Okusan_Volleyball vaguely remember being good

https://myanimelist.net/manga/116488/Satou-kun_wa_Miteiru__Kamisama_Appli_de_Onnanoko_no_Kokoro_wo_Nozoitara_Do_xx_Datta fair use of the app/romance type story I've seen more in Manhwa with an app or with special glasses

https://myanimelist.net/manga/120308/Senpai_Office_Love_Shimasho%E2%99%AA was fair of moments this and the one that did get an anime https://myanimelist.net/manga/126161/Uchi_no_Kaisha_no_Chiisai_Senpai_no_Hanashi

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3288/Love%E2%99%A1Lucky Like Baka to Boing a pretty fair idol and fan that likes her manga other than with baka to boing she is dead while here they are a couple https://myanimelist.net/manga/11653/Baka_to_Boing?q=baka%20to%20boing&cat=manga

https://myanimelist.net/manga/604/Okusama_wa_Joshikousei a fair manga, I did find Tawawa on Monday did a few scene/episode speedrunning but this at a slower pass is fair of the dynamic they have

https://myanimelist.net/manga/56253/Chichi_Miko__Inran_Otome_Zoushi a fair ecchi/borderline

https://myanimelist.net/manga/38167/18_Rin a fair dynamic the character finds themself in

https://myanimelist.net/manga/18354/Ebisu-san_to_Hotei-san fair office situation manga

https://myanimelist.net/manga/92236/Paranoia_Cage A fair mangaka what they work on, their ecchi thoughts to draw an ecchi manga/life situation
@Suntanned_Duck2 I can see that these are very ecchi/erotic recommendations. You've brought back some very, very dark memories with certain manga, and I don't thank you for that 🤣. It's a pretty interesting choice, though. In view of what you've presented, you should also try JunWaidan. I've only read 2-3 chapters, but I think you might like it. In any case, thank you very much for your very thorough reply.
May 25, 5:51 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Suntanned_Duck2 I can see that these are very ecchi/erotic recommendations. You've brought back some very, very dark memories with certain manga, and I don't thank you for that 🤣. It's a pretty interesting choice, though. In view of what you've presented, you should also try JunWaidan. I've only read 2-3 chapters, but I think you might like it. In any case, thank you very much for your very thorough reply.
@Kumoiro_Shizuki I go for a variety. Some ecchi, some romance, comedy, slice of life, whatever. Sorry not sorry I guess, had no idea wasn't intentional. XD

Interesting pick I've not heard of it might take a look. I don't always look for dark series even though I find a few through Hentai but they aren't for me really.

By the description fits like Rental Girls (I didn't like the later chapters the more dark ones didn't interest me but most were fair enough) or the Tawawa Anthology hmm. Then reading on oh its breakups and more huh ok I'm more intrigued how they approach it.

I mean Scum's Wish or others were fair it isn't something I usually seek out but I'm open to giving them a go.

Could be good could be a bit much but I'll give it a go it's peeked my interest. Thanks or no thanks depending how particular it is I guess. XD

I was going to edit my post and add in https://myanimelist.net/manga/127180/Sensei_de_%E2%97%8B%E2%97%8B_Shicha_Ikemasen?q=sensei%20de&cat=manga (to sit alongside https://myanimelist.net/manga/111477/Asoko_de_Hataraku_Musubu-san but from a high school setting), I mean nothing like a Futari Ecchi but high school then newlywed couple and some education on such subject matter of protection and being safe right.

More wholesome education.
Suntanned_Duck2May 25, 6:06 PM
May 28, 6:12 AM
Feb 2021
1 get backers
2 samurai deeper kyo
3 basara
4 shonan juni gumi
5god child
6 red river
7 records of the fallen vampire
8 Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning
9 tokyo crazy paradise
10 angel sanctuary
11 sanctuary
May 29, 6:47 AM

Jul 2020
Interesting question… I don’t know if I can get a full 10 yet, haha.

1. Psyche Matashitemo
2. Please Save My Earth
3. Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew
4. Kokkoku
5. Takkoku!!!
6. Kubera
7. Hibiki’s Magic

Hopefully these are obscure enough choices.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

May 29, 9:03 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to MibuKyou
1 get backers
2 samurai deeper kyo
3 basara
4 shonan juni gumi
5god child
6 red river
7 records of the fallen vampire
8 Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning
9 tokyo crazy paradise
10 angel sanctuary
11 sanctuary
@MibuKyou I'm very happy to see Get Backers and Spiral in someone's top 10. I may not have seen/read the entirety of these series, but they have a special place in my heart. After all, I can see that the graphic style between the mangas is pretty similar. Personally, it's a style I don't like at all. Why do you like it?
May 29, 9:05 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to phantomic109
Interesting question… I don’t know if I can get a full 10 yet, haha.

1. Psyche Matashitemo
2. Please Save My Earth
3. Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew
4. Kokkoku
5. Takkoku!!!
6. Kubera
7. Hibiki’s Magic

Hopefully these are obscure enough choices.
@phantomic109 First of all, thank you very much for your reply. Secondly, very happy to see Kokkoku in a top manga. I loved the anime when it came out and can't wait to read the manga. I'd also recommend 2 anime series more or less in the same style: Pet and Babylon.

Then, what do you like in the other works? I don't necessarily know them all very well, but I'm curious about their qualities.
May 29, 12:19 PM

Nov 2019
Here is a few that come to mind:

Choujin X is not talked about nearly enough

Gachiakuta

Kongou Banchou

Alive: Saishuu Shinkateki Shounen

Deatte 5-byou de Battle

Peepo Choo This shit had me wheezing

Kurozakuro

Blaster Knuckle If Guts was black in the 1800s

Narutaru Strange...very strange loved it tho

Tatoe Hai ni Nattemo I remember this being a good death game manga

May 29, 9:43 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@phantomic109 First of all, thank you very much for your reply. Secondly, very happy to see Kokkoku in a top manga. I loved the anime when it came out and can't wait to read the manga. I'd also recommend 2 anime series more or less in the same style: Pet and Babylon.

Then, what do you like in the other works? I don't necessarily know them all very well, but I'm curious about their qualities.
@Kumoiro_Shizuki Great to see another Kokkoku fan! It’s not very popular, haha. I do have Pet in my PTW, but I’ll have to look at Babylon, thank you!

For the other series:
Psyche Matashitemo is a battle shounen series with a protagonist who can rewind time to the start of the day. It’s fairly typical, but the fights are clever, with unique powers, and the main character was written really well. Plus it’s just really fun to read!
Please Save My Earth is a really tough one to describe, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything else like it. It’s sort of a shoujo manga about some people who discover that they are reincarnations of mysterious moon people. It’s written in a very dramatic style. My description doesn’t really do it justice, but the best thing I can say about it is that its story is so unique that I couldn’t predict at all.
Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew is a manga adaptation of the novel. I’m a big Narnia fan, so I had to check this one out, of course. It’s EXTREMELY faithful to its source material, while also giving it a really beautiful art style.
Takkoku, from the same author as Psyche Matashitemo, is a romcom manga about ping pong. It’s really off the walls ridiculous, so it can be a bit polarizing lol. The premise is that Japan passes a law making it so that in order to date someone you first have to beat them at ping pong. The main couple reunite with each other after many years, and the guy tries to beat the girl so they can date. But she’s become so good at the sport that she instinctively beats him. So it’s basically the journey of this guy getting better at ping pong to be able to date the girl he likes, complete with crazy, physics-defying matches.
Kubera is technically a manhwa, not a manga. I don’t read many of those, but this one is just such a great story! It’s an epic fantasy story with amazing detailed worldbuilding and such a huge cast that I don’t remember most of them anymore. The story was planned out from the very beginning and can get pretty complex, so I ended up putting it on hold until it ends, but given that it has over 600 chapters and is still going, that probably won’t be soon lol.
Hibiki’s Magic is certainly the weakest on this list, but it has a special value. It’s a decent little fantasy slice of life story, but what really makes it interesting is that it’s written by Jun Maeda. He’s the writer of some of my favourite stories, so I went and read this as well. Turns out, this was a later attempt from Maeda to put one of his earliest ideas to pen. So I think that alone makes it a really cool read! It’s still pretty good on its own, but that’s definitely the highlight of the series.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jun 1, 12:04 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@MibuKyou I'm very happy to see Get Backers and Spiral in someone's top 10. I may not have seen/read the entirety of these series, but they have a special place in my heart. After all, I can see that the graphic style between the mangas is pretty similar. Personally, it's a style I don't like at all. Why do you like it?
@Kumoiro_Shizuki

I am happy to know that someone still remembers these hidden gems in these days , well for me they were fun to read from the first chapter until the end

For get backers , i like the world build and that there are many memorable characters, and i like the mystery regarding many characters and the world of get backers you will understand the story in last volumes and everything will make sense, it's not straightforward like your everyday shounen but you will like it if you like dark atmosphere manga with some light moments, and also there are many memorable battles and the art for me is good , you should give it a try

For spiral , its also mystery and mind games battle with cool characters, the story focus ayumu narumi and the mystery of his life and his brother disappearance , and the organization blade childrens , like get backers you will not understand what's going on many things, but little by little everything will make sense

If you like dark mystery with a bit light content and cool characters you should give them a try specially get backers and some of the manga that I mentioned they are not well known if you have time give them chance
Jun 1, 9:22 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Dragosama
Here is a few that come to mind:

Choujin X is not talked about nearly enough

Gachiakuta

Kongou Banchou

Alive: Saishuu Shinkateki Shounen

Deatte 5-byou de Battle

Peepo Choo This shit had me wheezing

Kurozakuro

Blaster Knuckle If Guts was black in the 1800s

Narutaru Strange...very strange loved it tho

Tatoe Hai ni Nattemo I remember this being a good death game manga

@Dragosama I love your top. There are only mangas that interest me or mangas that are currently in my top.

In fact, it's one of two things. If you enjoyed Blaster Knuckle, you should also enjoy the manga Cestvs by the same author. I loved its story and atmosphere, despite the wreckage that was its anime.

And as for Gachiakuta, I don't know if you've seen this incredible news, but it seems that an anime will soon be unveiled. From what the sources tell us, the studio behind it is a good one.

Jun 1, 9:24 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to phantomic109
@Kumoiro_Shizuki Great to see another Kokkoku fan! It’s not very popular, haha. I do have Pet in my PTW, but I’ll have to look at Babylon, thank you!

For the other series:
Psyche Matashitemo is a battle shounen series with a protagonist who can rewind time to the start of the day. It’s fairly typical, but the fights are clever, with unique powers, and the main character was written really well. Plus it’s just really fun to read!
Please Save My Earth is a really tough one to describe, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything else like it. It’s sort of a shoujo manga about some people who discover that they are reincarnations of mysterious moon people. It’s written in a very dramatic style. My description doesn’t really do it justice, but the best thing I can say about it is that its story is so unique that I couldn’t predict at all.
Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew is a manga adaptation of the novel. I’m a big Narnia fan, so I had to check this one out, of course. It’s EXTREMELY faithful to its source material, while also giving it a really beautiful art style.
Takkoku, from the same author as Psyche Matashitemo, is a romcom manga about ping pong. It’s really off the walls ridiculous, so it can be a bit polarizing lol. The premise is that Japan passes a law making it so that in order to date someone you first have to beat them at ping pong. The main couple reunite with each other after many years, and the guy tries to beat the girl so they can date. But she’s become so good at the sport that she instinctively beats him. So it’s basically the journey of this guy getting better at ping pong to be able to date the girl he likes, complete with crazy, physics-defying matches.
Kubera is technically a manhwa, not a manga. I don’t read many of those, but this one is just such a great story! It’s an epic fantasy story with amazing detailed worldbuilding and such a huge cast that I don’t remember most of them anymore. The story was planned out from the very beginning and can get pretty complex, so I ended up putting it on hold until it ends, but given that it has over 600 chapters and is still going, that probably won’t be soon lol.
Hibiki’s Magic is certainly the weakest on this list, but it has a special value. It’s a decent little fantasy slice of life story, but what really makes it interesting is that it’s written by Jun Maeda. He’s the writer of some of my favourite stories, so I went and read this as well. Turns out, this was a later attempt from Maeda to put one of his earliest ideas to pen. So I think that alone makes it a really cool read! It’s still pretty good on its own, but that’s definitely the highlight of the series.
@phantomic109 My pleasure.TYou You should enjoy both Pet and Babylon. After that, you need to stay focused, because these are very complex stories.

Thank you for your very detailed reply. I'll also be looking at the other works you mentioned.
Jun 1, 9:26 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to MibuKyou
@Kumoiro_Shizuki

I am happy to know that someone still remembers these hidden gems in these days , well for me they were fun to read from the first chapter until the end

For get backers , i like the world build and that there are many memorable characters, and i like the mystery regarding many characters and the world of get backers you will understand the story in last volumes and everything will make sense, it's not straightforward like your everyday shounen but you will like it if you like dark atmosphere manga with some light moments, and also there are many memorable battles and the art for me is good , you should give it a try

For spiral , its also mystery and mind games battle with cool characters, the story focus ayumu narumi and the mystery of his life and his brother disappearance , and the organization blade childrens , like get backers you will not understand what's going on many things, but little by little everything will make sense

If you like dark mystery with a bit light content and cool characters you should give them a try specially get backers and some of the manga that I mentioned they are not well known if you have time give them chance
@MibuKyou For spiral and Get Backers, I only watched the anime. I'm a very picky eater when it comes to manga, so I was a bit put off by Spiral's design. But I'm going to take your advice and give it a go, once I've finished Houseki No Kuni, Sousei No Taiga and Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou.
Jun 1, 9:54 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Kumoiro_Shizuki
@Dragosama I love your top. There are only mangas that interest me or mangas that are currently in my top.

In fact, it's one of two things. If you enjoyed Blaster Knuckle, you should also enjoy the manga Cestvs by the same author. I loved its story and atmosphere, despite the wreckage that was its anime.

And as for Gachiakuta, I don't know if you've seen this incredible news, but it seems that an anime will soon be unveiled. From what the sources tell us, the studio behind it is a good one.

@Kumoiro_Shizuki Gotcha will definitely check Cestvs out. I am obsessed with martial art tournaments, so this synopsis seems right up my alley. Also I can't wait for Gachiakuta to be animated. Rudo vs Jabber is going to be amazing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The black and blonde effect

zozv - May 21, 2015

20 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

» What chapters in fireforce have fanservice

ZAIRETHEGUY - 12 hours ago

2 by ZAIRETHEGUY »»
11 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

15 by Entity72 »»
Today, 3:41 AM

» Completed my first LN.

Clannat - May 26

8 by Entity72 »»
Today, 3:36 AM

» Domestic girlfriend

Pipo____lo09 - Yesterday

0 by Pipo____lo09 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.