Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
Things are really heating up now.

With Himari joining the cooking research club, Yori expresses her concerns about potentially losing her position as a senior to Momoka, the president of the Cooking Club. Meanwhile, Himari is approached by Aki, who confesses her romantic feelings for Yori. Stirred by this revelation, Himari finds herself once again troubled by matters of love, prompting her to confide in Momoka about her inner turmoil. Upon hearing Momoka's thoughts on "liking" someone, Himari contemplates her own feelings.

I can't shake the feeling that Momoka's explanation is oversimplified. I understand love can manifest in various ways, and Himari certainly has her own approach, but something doesn't quite add up for me. Anyway, even though they're not officially a couple yet, it's only because Himari is naive. It's difficult to see two people love each other so deeply but not take the next step. That twinge of pain... it seems like you're a little jealous and in love, Himari. Embrace the yuri. That pain means you're gay, Himari... embrace it... PLEASE.

As for Aki... she's both a wingwoman and a rival... I'm not quite sure how to feel about her yet.

May 11, 10:12 AM

Feb 2020
As expected, things are now even more complicated after Aki confessed her feelings for Yori. Not really an easy situation for our trio.

As much as I want to see Yori and Himari happily together, I also want Aki to find someone who loves her. <3

On the other hand, Himari x Momoka / Yori x Aki would be pretty nice as well. I really like Momoka's character. She's so sweet and caring girl.

That segment was so funny when Himari met Yori's band members. I liked how everyone kept teasing each other. x3

SerafosMay 20, 10:45 PM
May 11, 11:17 AM

Mar 2021
I like Aki and i do want her to be happy she is a cutie but I really hope she backs off and let's Yori be with Himari it's clear that Yori is in love with Himari and has eyes for her only.
May 11, 11:25 AM

Mar 2016
God this adaptation is so cooked. This week's episode wasn't particularly bad or anything, but with the way everything else has felt like an uninspiring slideshow after the premiere, I can't see how Takeshima's nuances in will ever be expressed properly here at all in anime form at this point. To think that this was actually pushed back a season prior...I can't even bear to imagine how much more drastic the presentation would've been if the delay didn't happen.
May 11, 11:30 AM
Aug 2022
I'm loving the op (Follow your arrows) more and more as I listen to it, I'm listening to it as I type this. Once again this episode adapted half a volume more or less (first half of vol 3) Meaning next episode will be a big one, I'm super curious to see how they handle it.

Seeing more of Momoka and a bit more of Shiho was great, and finally seeing Hajime too, She looks good. The last part with Hima-Hima interacting with SSGirls was super cute Kaori's Va portrays her character perfectly.

excited for the big episode next week. (Assuming they adapt the last half of vol 3)
May 11, 1:30 PM
Nov 2022
Ryuseishun said:
God this adaptation is so cooked. This week's episode wasn't particularly bad or anything, but with the way everything else has felt like an uninspiring slideshow after the premiere, I can't see how Takeshima's nuances in will ever be expressed properly here at all in anime form at this point. To think that this was actually pushed back a season prior...I can't even bear to imagine how much more drastic the presentation would've been if the delay didn't happen.

Honestly don’t disagree. I have never watched the manga, but have felt something has been off about the show, specifically starting around episode 3. Pretty disappointed thus far.
May 11, 1:40 PM

Aug 2019
okay thankfully the big sister love rival understood how she came off to himari. and himari is definetly in love she just doesnt understand it....
the ending when the others teased yori constantly was funny:D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2:00 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to Kaze1214
Ryuseishun said:

Honestly don’t disagree. I have never watched the manga, but have felt something has been off about the show, specifically starting around episode 3. Pretty disappointed thus far.
@Kaze1214 I disagree, Sure if you don't like the animation that's fine. But its been following the manga fine and the character designs and Va's are all fine.
May 11, 2:48 PM
Nov 2022
Phantom_373 said:
@Kaze1214 I disagree, Sure if you don't like the animation that's fine. But its been following the manga fine and the character designs and Va's are all fine.

It’s the animation I find slightly off putting at times, the story, VAs, and character design itself is fine in my opinion, which is the main reason I will continue watching.
May 11, 2:50 PM
Aug 2022
Kaze1214 said:
Phantom_373 said:

It’s the animation I find slightly off putting at times, the story, VAs, and character design itself is fine in my opinion, which is the main reason I will continue watching.

I really like the art style, the animation itself I agree at various times is very choppy. But it’s no where near bad enough to really get me to complain.

You should see the dragons in season 2 part 2 of misfit of the demon king academy. Those things look so bad it’s actually insane at how bad they look
May 11, 4:16 PM
Jul 2014
I have a revolutionary solution to this love triangle business. I call it: the threesome.
May 11, 4:40 PM

Jun 2019
We got to fan the flames in this love triangle. Unfortunately for Aki, Yorizz-senpai likes Himari more.
May 11, 4:58 PM

Sep 2018
Another meh episode, nothing particularly lame though, maybe the grabbing of the arm in jealously, but otherwise fairly tame.
May 11, 5:31 PM

Aug 2022
I liked Aki's honesty. As someone who had their fair share of unrequited crushes, I found it relatable when Aki admitted that she was contented to be hanging around Yori.

Satomiya's little talk about different forms of love was a nice talk that Himari needed to hear.

Will the love triangle get spicier? To be determined...
May 11, 5:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Aki may have went back on it later, but I really liked her move of pushing Kino to figure out her answer to Yori, because really there isn’t a lot of time with Yori being a 3rd year, and giving how Aki has been into Yori for much longer I understand where she’s coming from. However, Yori went and proclaimed that she will make Kino fall for her at the next concert, that was a very good moment, not sure if that will happen but now I’m ready for a face melter of a show, perhaps we can get an extended episode where a good amount of it is just their new song “Sunny Spot” with a long improvised jam section in the middle, I’m thinking maybe 10 minutes long, come on SSGIRLS I know you can can do it lol.

I also really enjoyed the cute stuff between the band and Kino near the end, Kino fits fight in there with them, I like how she had a height comparison battle with her fellow shorty Mari lol, and now Kino and Yori have another date planned basically thanks to Aki, I liked the drama but I’m not against her becoming a wingwoman. And lastly we saw a bit of Momoka there at the end with those two other girls, one which we saw last time, not really a fan of what she said about SSGIRLS tho, if you ask me the more fun they’re having the better the music will be.
TheColonel76May 11, 5:37 PM
May 11, 6:27 PM
Sep 2020
my favorite ep so far! was also glad to see the animation quality improve, and better transitions... not getting my hopes up about the band performance next ep, but I'm really looking forward to next ep either way

mad respect for Aki. I was honestly really surprised when she apologized for being so upfront with Himari, cuz I thought she was right to say a lot of the things she said (not that you can force someone to figure out their feelings). Between that and her continuing to be supportive of Yori-Hima even after that conversation, I'm really impressed with her emotional maturity.

also was surprised they corrected the 依 あたしがもらっちゃってもいいの? line they messed up last episode (where she said もらってのいいの? instead)... tho I don't get why they dropped her line about "this conversation is our little secret" after her sister came in... kinda lessened the tension without it.

momoka's advice was great too - nothing too concrete or pushy but just pointed out that maybe Himari was looking at things a bit too rigidly. I think I'm ok with the fact that they dropped Momoka's "wait Yori looks familiar... it can't be" moment, and added in the Shiho tsundere scene at the end.
May 11, 8:34 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
At this time in my life I'd really go for the one that cooks for me everyday, since a good chunk from my day goes away cooking my food. Yori loved even the ruined tarts from Himari. Cute. Also, that height competition was hilarious, I love Konomi Kohara's voice acting.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 12, 12:52 AM

Jan 2023
A decent episode which sees Himari try to move forward, even though she's still very confused about her feelings.
Next week is the big episode apparently, so let's wait and see :)
May 12, 1:17 AM

Sep 2021
Indeed one of the ways to know if you love the person IF when they are with someone else and you feel something that's hurting in your chest.
May 12, 1:44 AM

Apr 2015
If anything they are all really honest and straightforward with each other which is somewhat refreshing
May 12, 1:56 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao Aki think she slick. Inviting Himari to the band rehearsal room so she could see the chemistry between Aki and Yoo and get jealous. She’s so underhanded, but I like it. All’s fair in love and war and this show needed some spice. I really like her character so far and hopefully they make the romantic drama engaging.

It’s still hard watching these eps after Yorukura because the quality difference is so pronounced, but I did think this was my fave episode of this series so far. Perfect mix of cute Yori and Himari moments and drama.
May 12, 3:09 AM

Jul 2017
Aki confessing to Himari of her love for Yori, and ultimately, this comes down to time where the 3rd Years don't exactly have enough time to hang around. Himari confiding to Momoka about her romantic troubles, she's a reliable Cooking Club Senpai to share her troubles with. The former trying to make a tart, but ended up with a salty one, Yori accepts all of her, except that Yori got all jealous by stopping her from going to Momoka, where Himari forgot her phone. As to her true feelings, that can be settled by the end of her next concert performance, but until then, she's eased up hanging out around Yori, giving her the chance to write a love song.

Himari being able to cook some cat-shaped cookies, and the band wanting her to be around, it's good for all, but not for Aki, who feels jealous that Yori is all over Himari. If anything, Aki helped Himari be confident of her feelings, and with the introduction to the Light Music Club, she finds rivalry with Mari, as much as Yori and Aki's pairing feels hurt to her heart. And everyone...just followed like they're anticipating Yori and Himari's wedding lols.

A 2nd date, waku waku.
May 12, 3:47 AM
Mar 2018
Thankfully the angle from the end of the last episode seems to have worked it self out for now.
May 12, 5:02 AM

Aug 2017
I hope our main duo can be together asap, because they are just a perfect fit, but gotta say Aki is best girl and it pains me to see her still trying to help her Yori, while being in love with her.
May 12, 6:11 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Himari feeling the sting of noticing Yori and Aki's closeness gave me chills. The way they edited the music in that moment was very nice. Animation is whatever at this point. I'm over stressing about it. I love the story so much and can't wait to see more as they continue to properly follow the source material. Also, Shiho with the "filthy casual" sass at the end made me :)
May 12, 6:28 AM
Sep 2021
Yori is trying her best to make kino fall in love with her. Let's see what the results will be.
May 12, 8:32 AM

Jul 2022
Even though what Aki said to Himari was harsh, she's right, and I won't hold it against her because I really like her.

Hinari decided to give her answer to Yori after the concert, but it seems like Yori and Aki's band will have some kind of competition.
May 12, 8:45 AM

Dec 2015
Don't know how many times I've heard some character say "I was happy just being by their side". Just never thought no one would go after them so you thought you had time. Now that Aki has told Himari how she feels about Yori kinda backfired. I thought she play the third year card a bit harder. Like telling Himari that she's just a first year and once Yori graduates she's not going to have time for her.

Bit confused on why she set up a date right after Himari told her when she's going to give Yori her answer.

Looking forward to the concert but I'm curious on why that Shiho girl thinks their band is better. Maybe she watched too much K-ON! and generalized light music club to that.
May 12, 8:52 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to akatsukinoluna
my favorite ep so far! was also glad to see the animation quality improve, and better transitions... not getting my hopes up about the band performance next ep, but I'm really looking forward to next ep either way

mad respect for Aki. I was honestly really surprised when she apologized for being so upfront with Himari, cuz I thought she was right to say a lot of the things she said (not that you can force someone to figure out their feelings). Between that and her continuing to be supportive of Yori-Hima even after that conversation, I'm really impressed with her emotional maturity.

also was surprised they corrected the 依 あたしがもらっちゃってもいいの? line they messed up last episode (where she said もらってのいいの? instead)... tho I don't get why they dropped her line about "this conversation is our little secret" after her sister came in... kinda lessened the tension without it.

momoka's advice was great too - nothing too concrete or pushy but just pointed out that maybe Himari was looking at things a bit too rigidly. I think I'm ok with the fact that they dropped Momoka's "wait Yori looks familiar... it can't be" moment, and added in the Shiho tsundere scene at the end.
@akatsukinoluna That line would've been a good idea to add. Was a bit curious on why her sister wasn't asking why Himari looked so down while she was eating the cake. Then again that would have just went into 何でもない territory.
May 12, 9:32 AM

Mar 2024
Aki best girl.

Aki is now my favorite character. I just like her appearance, her style, her voice and her personality. I have nothing against Himari, but i still will support Aki.

About the anime: i really hate how bad the graphics are. The quality of the graphics is just awful and it gets worse with each episode. But at least its not 3d and there are still some cool drawn moments in each episode.

On the other hand soundtrack sounds interesting and something unusual.

im looking forward to the concert and confession and btw it seems there will be a new song at the concert!
May 12, 11:46 AM
Sep 2020
Woah, we made some progress this time. I feel a bit bad for Aki but I do hope Himari and Ypri end up together and that it isn't too difficult. I am however a bit scared that the other band will interfere somehow

Anyway Momoka cementing herself as best girl but that is beside the point
May 12, 12:19 PM
Sep 2020
hai_X_is said:
@akatsukinoluna That line would've been a good idea to add. Was a bit curious on why her sister wasn't asking why Himari looked so down while she was eating the cake. Then again that would have just went into 何でもない territory.

hmm, I didn't notice that, but Miki actually does ask in the manga. Tho it immediately cuts to the next scene without showing us their conversation. Like you said, probably woulda just been a 誤魔化す / 何でもない moment anyway

akatsukinolunaMay 12, 12:32 PM
May 12, 12:21 PM
Jan 2022
Things are looking good now
May 12, 12:24 PM
Jun 2020
I like how they are going with the anime but soon they might dissapoint
May 12, 4:57 PM
Jul 2021
Quality of the animation definitely improved. Wondered if they intentionally wanted to put more into the back half or if things shuffled around during production.

Seeing Himari jealous is sweet. Aki made a quick heel turn, too.
May 12, 5:35 PM

Dec 2015
akatsukinoluna said:
hai_X_is said:

hmm, I didn't notice that, but Miki actually does ask in the manga. Tho it immediately cuts to the next scene without showing us their conversation. Like you said, probably woulda just been a 誤魔化す / 何でもない moment anyway

Ah I see. Interesting. I really should start reading it. Seems like I'm missing out on some inner monologue here and there that will flesh the story and characters out a bit more.
May 13, 11:22 AM

Aug 2022
After waiting, Himari will express her feelings for Yori after the concert. That means now Yori has to try to appear optimal in front of Himari at the concert.

I liked this episode, Himari and Yori had some good moments this time, and so did Aki.

May 13, 1:06 PM
May 2021
IzanaSolos said:
Things are really heating up now.

With Himari joining the cooking research club, Yori expresses her concerns about potentially losing her position as a senior to Momoka, the president of the Cooking Club. Meanwhile, Himari is approached by Aki, who confesses her romantic feelings for Yori. Stirred by this revelation, Himari finds herself once again troubled by matters of love, prompting her to confide in Momoka about her inner turmoil. Upon hearing Momoka's thoughts on "liking" someone, Himari contemplates her own feelings.

I can't shake the feeling that Momoka's explanation is oversimplified. I understand love can manifest in various ways, and Himari certainly has her own approach, but something doesn't quite add up for me. Anyway, even though they're not officially a couple yet, it's only because Himari is naive. It's difficult to see two people love each other so deeply but not take the next step. That twinge of pain... it seems like you're a little jealous and in love, Himari. Embrace the yuri. That pain means you're gay, Himari... embrace it... PLEASE.

As for Aki... she's both a wingwoman and a rival... I'm not quite sure how to feel about her yet.

Did you read the manga? I ask this because I don't want to make spoilers!
May 14, 10:34 AM
Feb 2023
I already boring with their story
SSGIRLS, "Where is your lovesong???"

Jelly fish cant swim at night doing better for love song "Shibuya Aquarium"
May 15, 3:32 PM

Jul 2016
Come on. It's not like Himari was going to wait months to give a proper response. Aki practically forcing her to figure out her feelings looked more pathetic than anything else. *sigh* If only she had used that bravado to confess to Yori when she still had the chance smh.

Overall, a meh episode for me but at least Momoka's scenes kinda made up for the lame drama.
May 15, 8:12 PM

Dec 2022
I am glad Aki is a good person and just wants the best for Yori. So many ships to sail... Yori Himari are just made for each other.

May 16, 1:23 AM
Mar 2018
A lovely episode!

I was pleasantly surprised by Aki's straightforwardness concerning her feelings.

Also, Momoka is so cute, and she gives great advice! <3
May 16, 7:25 AM

Oct 2022
Yori was really adorable this episode with how easily she got jealous.
May 16, 3:11 PM
Oct 2021
Cant wait for the next episode!
May 16, 4:50 PM

Nov 2022
I'm glad to see Himari is making more of an effort. Also the fact that she looks like she's experiencing jealousy and trying to figure out her feelings is another nice touch.
May 17, 1:17 AM

Oct 2022
Love how misunderstandings are never left to brew for too long because Yori and Himari know how to communicate.

May 17, 2:03 AM

Oct 2022
That cute and sad for Yori to be jealous over Momoko-senpai, and Himari over Aki, and Aki over Himari lol.

Momoko-senpai is a great WingWoman.
May 17, 10:44 AM
Oct 2023
Aki is a trope I hate. Confess or don't but don't be some in between asshole because you don't have the guts. They have one of these in like 60% of romances. Some character who is all "I loved X for years" yeah well dipshit you didn't act on it so move along. You even have time to act on it literally right now with more reason to do so now then ever and still won't, so well and truly fuck off.
May 17, 5:53 PM

Dec 2022
Ok Aki just came off different last episode because she wants the best for someone she loves which is now understandable this ep when she appologises. She realises that she may have seemed rude, W Aki and I hope she can keep up her personality around Yori.
May 17, 6:37 PM

Nov 2022
My favorite aspect about this show might be the open & honest communication, they really wear their hearts on their sleeves & it never takes them long to be upfront about how they're feeling even if it sounds embarrassing, like Yori telling Himari about her lil burst of jealousy when she saw about to run over to Momoka & Himari being real about asking for advice about their situation. It's so refreshing to see compared to the common misunderstanding tropes lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Delayed Episodes

AkeZZZ - Jun 1

18 by AkeZZZ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

37 by KamiOnechan »»
3 hours ago

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

15 by OvergrownRover »»
6 hours ago

» The situation around Sasakoi & the possible reason for the awful production quality

MineFord_gurme - May 31

19 by CrimsonWanderer »»
Yesterday, 5:58 AM

» This is just so cute!

filoshi - May 25

6 by WienGirl »»
Jun 2, 10:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.