Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 3, 12:13 AM

Jun 2019
There seems to be an internal war of sorts going on behind the scenes.

But is its inclusion fitting and appropriate or not?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 12:32 AM

Jul 2015
You saw the latest episode, right?

May 3, 12:33 AM

Jan 2013
The manga has full nudity, and that chick doesn't have humongous tits for no reason, it's cap.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 3, 12:40 AM
Dec 2021
I don’t understand why they keep removing it either.

May 3, 12:56 AM

Jun 2019
Piromysl said:

Yeah. Increased Oto fanservice is the single biggest contributing factor behind the decision of why I ultimately opted not to drop and continue watching this series.

Although sometimes series have a more fanservice-heavy episode or few episodes like the seemingly obligatory "beach" or "bathhouse" episode and yet are not actual ecchi series. Like series having a change of pace with a heavily comedy, horror, or mystery episode without predominantly being that. But obviously in the case of this series it's not just something isolated to this one episode.

I don't really have a stake or strong position on this as to why it should be included or excluded. Just curious on others' feedback. Despite staying for the Oto, as I said, ecchi isn't originally why I began watching this series and it wasn't originally tagged as such either - just as a mystery and supernatural show. But that aspect has no doubt existed since the beginning, yet so did it in Mieruko-chan...another modern urban mystery/horror series from a few years ago also with a fanservice-frontloaded first few episodes. And from source readers' claims the anime is taking a different direction trying to distinguish itself from the source web manga with scene changes and censorship.
May 3, 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Piromysl said:

Yeah. Increased Oto fanservice is the single biggest contributing factor behind the decision of why I ultimately opted not to drop and continue watching this series.

Although sometimes series have a more fanservice-heavy episode or few episodes like the seemingly obligatory "beach" or "bathhouse" episode and yet are not actual ecchi series. Like series having a change of pace with a heavily comedy, horror, or mystery episode without predominantly being that. But obviously in the case of this series it's not just something isolated to this one episode.

I don't really have a stake or strong position on this as to why it should be included or excluded. Just curious on others' feedback. Despite staying for the Oto, as I said, ecchi isn't originally why I began watching this series and it wasn't originally tagged as such either - just as a mystery and supernatural show. But that aspect has no doubt existed since the beginning, yet so did it in Mieruko-chan...another modern urban mystery/horror series from a few years ago also with a fanservice-frontloaded first few episodes. And from source readers' claims the anime is taking a different direction trying to distinguish itself from the source web manga with scene changes and censorship.
@WatchTillTandava Bro, why you spend wall of text answering rhetorical question?
My point is that fanservice goes HARD in this anime and this is with it being toned down when compared to the manga. They don't even shy away from showing us loli panty shots. Ecchi tag is a must here.

May 3, 1:57 AM

Jun 2019
Piromysl said:
Bro, why you spend wall of text answering rhetorical question?
My point is that fanservice goes HARD in this anime and this is with it being toned down when compared to the manga. They don't even shy away from showing us loli panty shots. Ecchi tag is a must here.

I don't consider that a "wall". That's just everything I had to say on the subject I deemed relevant to the topic and the question you asked. I don't care about the length at all, whether short, long, or anywhere in-between. If I have something to say, I'll write it. This is a forum, after all. I'm not going to translate my thoughts and statements into one-liners or whatever.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I have no personal stake or investment in the outcome here. Just canvassing for others' impressions to gauge the general sentiment.
May 3, 2:24 AM
Dec 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
Piromysl said:

I think it’s crazy how comfortable you are to admit that the reason you’re continuing to watch this show is loli fanservice.

May 3, 2:32 AM

Jun 2019
Eleben said:
I think it’s crazy how comfortable you are to admit that the reason you’re continuing to watch this show is loli fanservice.

That's quite mild and tame for a MAL post. It's a website in the first place for archiving all manner of media content much of which has that and even far more extreme things. I simply don't see the purpose of even using a forum and bothering to write and post if you cannot be honest about your own tastes, interests and proclivities, views and beliefs, etc. Like, I could create a fictional character who isn't me to write from the perspective of as a sort of fanfiction or alter ego, but what purpose would that serve? I'm an honest person in general who doesn't like to be phony or pretend to be something I'm not, but on internet forums in particular there's really no good reason not to be yourself at all times.

WatchTillTandavaMay 3, 2:36 AM
May 3, 5:21 AM
Mar 2023
I think their point was that there's a difference between lying about who you are and not engaging in the radical honesty of "honestly, thanks to the plot and the animation I'd drop this show, but I got hard as a rock when I saw a 12 year old's panties, so I'm sticking around, baby".
May 3, 5:31 AM

Jun 2019
bahimiron said:
I think their point was that there's a difference between lying about who you are and not engaging in the radical honesty of "honestly, thanks to the plot and the animation I'd drop this show, but I got hard as a rock when I saw a 12 year old's panties, so I'm sticking around, baby".

I choose radical honesty. I think Oto's 15 though.

Anyway, whether you're into Oto, Sumireko, one of the other girls, someone else entirely, or no one at all, the main point of this thread topic is whether you think the scenes showcasing their beauty and attributes in a purposeful way are enough to warrant the ecchi tag.
May 3, 5:37 AM
Jan 2021
bahimiron said:

Bro be real, Totokami: kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi is literally does what every ecchi anime does, a lil panty has you on edge is made fxcking weak! Bro so female/girl character can't where wear panty at the beach! or in the bath!
May 3, 5:54 AM
Jan 2021
Ecchi is a sub-genre to kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi manga

So if it was/or was not to be removed it in the anime it wouldn't affect how great the series is!

But best to leave it there to prevent ppl from calling scenes fanservice when it obviously just staying true to its Seinen genre (mature young adults will understand) & Slice of life sub-genre (series steady beginning)
May 3, 5:57 AM
Jan 2021
bahimiron said:

Bro they are not 12y/o, they are older and you are down rating them! Think radical, and even if they are mature minded and doesn't act there age aways!
May 3, 5:57 AM

Jun 2019
Astraeus_ said:

So if it was/or was not to be removed it in the anime it wouldn't affect how great the series is!

But best to leave it there to prevent ppl from calling scenes fanservice when it obviously just staying true to its Seinen genre (mature young adults will understand) & Slice of life sub-genre (series steady beginning)

Whats interesting to me is that, at least on MAL, the original web manga which is the source of the anime isn't tagged as ecchi genre either. I noticed this when checking its webpage in the database. I was under the impression that it would be from the way some people described it compared to the anime in the anime's episode discussion threads.
May 3, 6:11 AM
Jan 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
Astraeus_ said:

Whats interesting to me is that, at least on MAL, the original web manga which is the source of the anime isn't tagged as ecchi genre either. I noticed this when checking its webpage in the database. I was under the impression that it would be from the way some people described it compared to the anime in the anime's episode discussion threads.

it's like konosuba although they may/may not be Tag as echhi! It's still Ecchi anime!
(the fact that konosuba is not tag 'ecchi' made the series known soly for & full of fanservice, reason many watch it! Ecchi Comedy!)

No, the tag actual helpful in many ways such as audience boost, help keep a clean sheet for the series (like no need to hold back on ecchi because of limitation), prevent unnecessary calling of fanservice from fans when it obviously not!
May 3, 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Eleben
WatchTillTandava said:
Piromysl said:

@Eleben You've watched 2 literal years of combined anime and you're pearl clutching over loli fanservice, really? smh
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 3, 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to bahimiron
@bahimiron It was definitely a nice bonus, but they might not show anything else, probably not a good reason to base watching the show on.
May 3, 6:50 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
@Eleben You've watched 2 literal years of combined anime and you're pearl clutching over loli fanservice, really? smh
@LostSpectre And you're shaming me because of speaking up and criticizing someones disgusting taste in oversexualized minors, really? smh

May 3, 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Eleben
@LostSpectre And you're shaming me because of speaking up and criticizing someones disgusting taste in oversexualized minors, really? smh
@Eleben Nah. It's just disheartening to see that a super weeb is actually one of those pathetic clowns. Oh, well.
May 3, 7:12 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
@Eleben Nah. It's just disheartening to see that a super weeb is actually one of those pathetic clowns. Oh, well.
@LostSpectre Yeah, I can’t help but agree. It’s really disheartening to see a pathetic clown like you.

May 3, 8:34 AM
Nov 2022
Giving this anime the ecchi tag would be so ironic considering how heavily censored it is compared to the manga. I personally don't think this censored adaptation deserves the ecchi tag.
May 3, 9:06 AM

Apr 2015
It's not even worth much now tbh. Hence why I haven't bothered to watch this.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 3, 10:07 AM

Sep 2018
Despite the censorship, I think this is one step beyond the typical fanservice you'd see in a non-ecchi anime. I wish I could enjoy it more but it's kinda boring for me.
May 3, 1:39 PM

Jun 2019
Nirinbo said:
but it's kinda boring for me.

The ecchi-esque shots or the plot itself?

Nucleus69 said:
Giving this anime the ecchi tag would be so ironic considering how heavily censored it is compared to the manga. I personally don't think this censored adaptation deserves the ecchi tag.

Although even the source web manga itself doesn't currently have said tag. Is there some reasoning or story behind that?
May 3, 2:29 PM

Sep 2018
WatchTillTandava said:

The anime as a whole is boring me more than I hoped. I wish I could enjoy it more because I am liking the characters.

It's not always easy to say where exactly the boredom comes from; I might think the issue is that not enough interesting things are happening, but maybe I could still have enjoyed the very same plot if the anime had better animation, soundtrack, pacing and/or directing, who knows.
May 3, 2:45 PM

Jun 2019
Nirinbo said:
The anime as a whole is boring me more than I hoped. I wish I could enjoy it more because I am liking the characters.

It's not always easy to say where exactly the boredom comes from; I might think the issue is that not enough interesting things are happening, but maybe I could still have enjoyed the very same plot if the anime had better animation, soundtrack, pacing and/or directing, who knows.

Yeah, I could see that. In my case I'm never really bored (or at least it's super difficult to bore me) and watch a lot of Slice of Life which are extremely uneventful and have even a lot less happening compared to the general anime or this, so that doesn't faze me, but I do think the whole approach of the series seems like a step down after the first episode which seemed a lot more ambitious and purposeful in the way it was directed, to me. I thought that it promised or portended greater things which have yet to arrive.

It's something I'm willing to overlook out of hand if they include more Oto though, but so far this series feels very average in execution at best for what it has to work with (rich mythology to draw from and the character dynamics), so I can't blame anyone for judging it more harshly. Actually, series-wise to me it most reminds me of something like Dark Gathering (a horror series which aired last year), which I also ended up giving a 6/10, so I could see this going the same way.
May 3, 2:46 PM

Feb 2011
Eleben said:

That's quite mild and tame for a MAL post. It's a website in the first place for archiving all manner of media content much of which has that and even far more extreme things. I simply don't see the purpose of even using a forum and bothering to write and post if you cannot be honest about your own tastes, interests and proclivities, views and beliefs, etc. Like, I could create a fictional character who isn't me to write from the perspective of as a sort of fanfiction or alter ego, but what purpose would that serve? I'm an honest person in general who doesn't like to be phony or pretend to be something I'm not, but on internet forums in particular there's really no good reason not to be yourself at all times.

@WatchTillTandava If the majority of people were more like you, the world, or at the very least the internet, would be a much better place. Kind of off-topic, but I believe it needed to be said.

Interestingly, the only reason I added this anime to my plan to watch list was the ecchi tag, so if it wasn't for it, it is likely I wouldn't even notice this series. That being said, I haven't started watching it yet, the character design as seen in the MAL DB doesn't ignite the desire to give it a try as soon as possible.
May 3, 3:17 PM

Sep 2018
Nirinbo said:

Yeah, I could see that. In my case I'm never really bored (or at least it's super difficult to bore me) and watch a lot of Slice of Life which are extremely uneventful and have even a lot less happening compared to the general anime or this, so that doesn't faze me, but I do think the whole approach of the series seems like a step down after the first episode which seemed a lot more ambitious and purposeful in the way it was directed, to me. I thought that it promised or portended greater things which have yet to arrive.

It's something I'm willing to overlook out of hand if they include more Oto though, but so far this series feels very average in execution at best for what it has to work with (rich mythology to draw from and the character dynamics), so I can't blame anyone for judging it more harshly. Actually, series-wise to me it most reminds me of something like Dark Gathering (a horror series which aired last year), which I also ended up giving a 6/10, so I could see this going the same way.
@WatchTillTandava Slice of life is one of my favorite genres, so when I say "not enough interesting things are happening", I'm not necessarily talking about super exciting action or high stakes.

I have to agree that the first episode had potential, but after the second episode I had already realized that, in the best case scenario, I was going to rate this one point lower than Dark Gathering. In the worst case, much lower.
May 3, 3:24 PM
Apr 2019
LostSpectre said:

Can ya really say this person is a super weeb? Or even someone who enjoys anime. Their average rating is a two. They are just here to hate on anime. I wouldn’t listen to their opinion on anything anime related
May 3, 3:25 PM
Apr 2019
You won! The tag is back
May 3, 5:12 PM

Jun 2019
Todday said:
You won! The tag is back

I was neutral on it, but after this back and forth flip flopping in close succession, I find the shadow war apparently being waged over it in the background...well, to employ in-universe terminology from the series, something of a mysterious "Curiosity" in and of itself.

Shizuna said:
If the majority of people were more like you, the world, or at the very least the internet, would be a much better place. Kind of off-topic, but I believe it needed to be said.

I truly appreciate the sentiment, good sir. And while I would still use the listing features of the website, compile my own lists, have pictures and videos and such on my profile page, etc., I can definitely say with confidence that I wouldn't even bother to engage and interact here at all on the forum if it weren't for the presence of respectful and respectable, kind, and open-minded folk such as yourself. It reminds one that despite MAL being no exception and regrettably being littered with them like everywhere online and in the 3D/physical world where there is human activity, still not everyone is the rude and judgmental sort hostile and waiting to attack unprovoked those they don't even know. There are enough of that petty sort that when a person come across those like you it restores even just a smidgen of faith in the worth of the species and stands out like the glint off a golden egg.

No one has to share the same interests or beliefs; even core ones. Just not start out your interaction with others on the auto-default mode of the warpath would be a nice ask. Sometimes I think that that perpetual inclination toward masking and deception, initiation of constant conflict and friction within humanity toward everyone/everything different than themselves, etc. is like some biologically-determined mechanism at play so little use getting frustrated over it anymore than bees stinging, ants being attracted to sugar, or tornadoes whirling. It's something coded defined by evolutionary biology, genetics, and neurology, all of which transcends the individual and individual will.

Shizuna said:
Interestingly, the only reason I added this anime to my plan to watch list was the ecchi tag, so if it wasn't for it, it is likely I wouldn't even notice this series. That being said, I haven't started watching it yet, the character design as seen in the MAL DB doesn't ignite the desire to give it a try as soon as possible.

It depends what is your personal bread and butter, I'd say. I believe you've seen and genuinely enjoy a larger amount and range of ecchi than I have, as you prefer the genre over my stance on or general experience with it, so you may have more developed tastes in this area. The main female character is the slightly older than average, large-breasted, late 20-something figure and attractive enough if you're into that. Those who prefer that seem pleased with what's been featured thus far in all the episode discussion thread topics (here on MAL and on other sites), despite the apparent heavy hand of censorship. It's a modern-day Japan setting so there's no fancy or exotic fantasy attire though and things like that.

Now for those who prefer lolis and the like as myself there's not actually much on offer so far, but there is potential. As a whole I just thought this series had an unexpectedly well put-together first episode which then seemed quickly squandered and deviated from, so now I decided to still watch it but am doing so with much reduced hopes and expectations, and moreso for the eye candy and less narratively serious and important elements. You can check out the first episode at any point, but if you do just be advised, from the perspective of someone four episodes in, that first episode might not be an optimal or ideal way to get a "feel" for the rest of the series as the last three after it have felt quite different.

WatchTillTandavaMay 4, 11:08 AM
May 3, 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Todday
LostSpectre said:

Can ya really say this person is a super weeb? Or even someone who enjoys anime. Their average rating is a two. They are just here to hate on anime. I wouldn’t listen to their opinion on anything anime related
@Todday For real? I must have gotten blinded by seeing 740 days watched. Yeah, that's just some completionist type of bullshit then, I guess.
May 3, 11:40 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Shizuna
@WatchTillTandava If the majority of people were more like you, the world, or at the very least the internet, would be a much better place. Kind of off-topic, but I believe it needed to be said.

@Shizuna if you got interested because of the ecchi, I would say to just read the manga, since the anime has heavily censored all the nudity from the manga.
May 4, 8:27 AM
Mar 2024
Nucleus69 said:
@Shizuna if you got interested because of the ecchi, I would say to just read the manga, since the anime has heavily censored all the nudity from the manga.

I think you are absolutely correct in terms of echhi you really should read the manga it is better..
May 4, 10:33 AM

Feb 2011
@WatchTillTandava At this point, basic (online) etiquette should probably be taught in schools as well as empathy, which is often misunderstood as sympathy only, whereas first and foremost it is the ability to understand others. At the end of the day, regardless of the type of fiction one indulges in, it never hurts anyone, more obviously so when it is made by adults for other adults and is consumed in privacy of one's home. It is paradoxical how the ideas of tolerance and open-mindedness have been expanding in the last decades, yet people are less and less tolerant even in regards to little things. Still, even though like you've said MAL isn't immune to people who are hostile on default, I'd say that on average there are more users of sound mind here compared to other places I might occasionally visit.
It's kind of strange, really, for example I enjoy collecting anime figures (of cute girls) and I never heard anything bad about it offline, my parents are also supportive (my mother thinks they're really well made and finds them pretty; I even bought one of her choosing for her as a present), but online it is quite easy to be told all kinds of various insults, direct and indirect, for simply enjoying this hobby. The way I see it, there should be some basic level of respect between people, otherwise all communication online degrades to echo-chambers.

I guess I'll have to give Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi a try once I'm done with Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, which I wanted to watch for almost to decades, but somehow did so only now.

As for manga recommendations, I rarely read them (and mostly doujinshi), so it's not a good option for me.
May 4, 10:37 PM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
@WatchTillTandava Bro, why you spend wall of text answering rhetorical question?

sometimes i wonder what Mal mods are smoking
May 4, 10:37 PM
Sep 2021
Eleben said:
WatchTillTandava said:

very based reasoning ngl
May 6, 1:57 AM

Nov 2017
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
Piromysl said:

sometimes i wonder what Mal mods are smoking
@Saimatsu_Fan Weed
Now Loading.....
May 6, 5:28 AM
Jan 2021
Nirinbo said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Bro you just a boring dude, don't mix you personality with the beautiful anime, Firstly it a mystery anime not action and tge execution was perfect
May 6, 9:15 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Astraeus_
Nirinbo said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Bro you just a boring dude, don't mix you personality with the beautiful anime, Firstly it a mystery anime not action and tge execution was perfect
@Astraeus_ Then a lot of people in the world must be boring too, since this is one of the worst anime of the current season in terms of general reception.

Good for you if you enjoy it though, despite what I said I'm still enjoying it more than popular picks like Slop n°8 or the Jellymid anime.
May 7, 12:40 AM

Mar 2008
The tags back far as I can see.
May 7, 12:46 AM

Jun 2019
razisgosu said:
The tags back far as I can see.

It is now. This is at least the second time it was added as far as I know. At the time when I posted this thread topic it had been removed again.
May 8, 2:15 AM
Aug 2020
Her Boobas are to strong to be age restricted.
May 11, 3:56 PM
Nov 2022
Eleben said:

@WatchTillTandava You misunderstand. The issue isn't that you're being honest about your repulsive tastes. The issue is that you have those tastes and don't think it's repulsive.
May 11, 4:04 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@bahimiron It was definitely a nice bonus, but they might not show anything else, probably not a good reason to base watching the show on.
@LostSpectre What was a nice bonus?
May 11, 4:39 PM

Jun 2019
acgian said:
You misunderstand. The issue isn't that you're being honest about your repulsive tastes. The issue is that you have those tastes and don't think it's repulsive.

Yes, not everyone thinks like you or cares about what you care about. I'm sure it must be a difficult life lesson for everyone to first learn and acquaint themselves with at some point. But about what you do and do not find "repulsive" and why you consider that an "issue", that's your own issue and that of those who already share your tastes and views. I do not, so it's not mine at all. I think you "misunderstand" if that eludes you.

For you can preach to yourself until you're blue in the face about that. Because other than as a passing point of conversation (that it's good and interesting to know what views people hold on any given subject and why they believe what they do, even when I vehemently disagree with them), in terms of my own interests, views, life, and choices, what you or anyone else finds repulsive is about as important to me as the hair on a housefly's leg or a grain of sand.
May 11, 6:15 PM
Nov 2022
acgian said:
You misunderstand. The issue isn't that you're being honest about your repulsive tastes. The issue is that you have those tastes and don't think it's repulsive.

Yes, not everyone thinks like you or cares about what you care about. I'm sure it must be a difficult life lesson for everyone to first learn and acquaint themselves with at some point. But about what you do and do not find "repulsive" and why you consider that an "issue", that's your own issue and that of those who already share your tastes and views. I do not, so it's not mine at all. I think you "misunderstand" if that eludes you.

For you can preach to yourself until you're blue in the face about that. Because other than as a passing point of conversation (that it's good and interesting to know what views people hold on any given subject and why they believe what they do, even when I vehemently disagree with them), in terms of my own interests, views, life, and choices, what you or anyone else finds repulsive is about as important to me as the hair on a housefly's leg or a grain of sand.
@WatchTillTandava lmfao Seven lines of dialogue to justify your messed up tastes is wild, especially since it's as important to you as a "housefly's leg".

Well, like me, most people find you people repulsive. I'm not sure if you have some cognitive issues, but I'll try to break down to you bluntly: this isn't just a matter of different tastes, I think you should be locked up, since I don't think you can be trusted around children.

Don't bother answering this, I'm sure it's not that important to you, right?
acgianMay 13, 7:27 PM
May 11, 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to acgian
@LostSpectre What was a nice bonus?
@acgian Why, the naked loli, obviously, buddy boy!
May 11, 11:30 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@acgian Why, the naked loli, obviously, buddy boy!
@LostSpectre Why are you saying loli? I thought you agreed with that other disgusting guy over there, about the whole "being honest" and stuff, but I suppose "kid" and "child" would make you look even worse, right?

Anyway, you too, stay away from children.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» In case you are considering watching the show.

LordKirkis - 10 hours ago

9 by SakuraCosmos »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

23 by traed »»
10 hours ago

» Is the ending song extremely similar to another song?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

6 by nyugvo6 »»
Jun 1, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

39 by Treyv0n »»
May 30, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 3

57 by Biisoo »»
May 27, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.