Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2023 7:23 AM

Jun 2019
Sukuna vs Jogo is finally here. It's one of the most anticipated fights in the manga and I'm glad with how much care they put into it. A beautiful episode from start to finish. And, to add more to the episode, we had the Toji vs Megumi fight which had such a sad conclusion personally in my eyes but a satisfying one for sure. Bye, Toji. What a great fight that was as well. Toji manhandling Megumi.

An episode filled with amazing animation throughout the episode with beautiful storyboarding and direction. As expected of Itsuki Tsuchigami. A very strong episode. Can't thank the staff enough for the work they put into this episode. The aspect ratio was such a nice touch. Loved it.

Stand proud, Jogo. You're strong. RIP.
Nov 9, 2023 7:23 AM

May 2020
Any episode with Tojo is fire, and more so ever, if we start one with him going bonkers at that. Megumi’s luck was in bad that he had to go and fight Toji, and I mean with Sukuna waking up in the background, it made things even more horrid for him.

Now Megumi might be tactical and something, but it all goes to waste when your opponent just brute forces his way through everything, and that was what Toji did for the whole time, until that one instant… when Toji got the blade in his hand… the flashback of him talking about Megumi started… and Toji realized who he was fighting this whole time.

Toji asked his name… and he said it’s “Fushiguro”, and that was it. Not a Zenin, so good for Megumi. That was the final goodbye to Toji, and he went out in his own style:(((((((

Multiple POVs at the same time was something this arc was riddled with back in the manga, and that was what we had, sort of in this episode too. From Megumi getting taken out by that blonde femboy to Panda and Kusakabe ready to throw their hands against “former” Geto’s gang, to Sukuna and Jogo fighting it out all over in Shibuya.

Must say, the Sukuna and Jogo thing was grand in the manga, and I was expecting something of that magnitude in the adaptation too, but not sure how to feel about it here. It works okay, but ain’t something to heap praises on.

Sukuna’s arrow and that fucking METEORITE blasting in the middle of the city was epic tho, I mean he really is the STRONGEST after all, Sukuna, so goes without saying… these stunts of his. RIP Jogo, no one would try to remember you tho. A wild episode again.

They adapted this far in this episode. So, I guess we’ll have THAT thing in the next episode after all, it’d serve as a great cliffhanger anyways. But not ready.
Nov 9, 2023 7:25 AM

Jun 2015
Easily the best episode of JJK.
Nov 9, 2023 7:25 AM

Dec 2021
Fuck Yuji vs. Choso. Sukuna vs. Jogo is now the BEST animated fight in the series.

Awakening, Sukuna pays no heed to Jogo's advice, and instead, he demonstrates overwhelming strength against Jogo. Meanwhile, facing each other without yet knowing one another, Megumi confronts the rampaging Toji. Megumi engages in a desperate struggle against the overwhelmingly powerful Toji, but prior to being pushed to the point of having to take each other's lives, Toji recollects a significant memory from the past. This recollection rekindles a portion of his humanity, prompting him to seize the opportunity for redemption and make amends.

From what I've gathered, Toji was essentially an empty shell, fighting solely for money and pleasure as a way to cope with not fitting in with the Zenin family due to his lack of curse energy. I'd been curious when Panda and Kusakabe would join in on the action, but I didn't expect it to be because Kusakabe was unwilling to be a part of the chaos. I found that pretty amusing. Itsuki Tsuchigami really stole the show in this episode; it was pure chaos and an exhilarating ride. Of course, for everything to go completely wild, they had to take some liberties with the character designs in a few scenes, but it was totally worth it. This episode was just non-stop action, and Itsuki nailed it.

That heartwarming moment when Jogo was finally acknowledged brought tears to my eyes, seriously. I hope he can find peace in heaven with his brothers.

Nov 9, 2023 7:29 AM

Jan 2009
Best TV anime 20 minutes of all time here? Mappa cooking like there's no tomorrow!
Since I'm watching this raw and the Japanese level of this show does go over my head quite often, I'm missing a lot of the details. I wanna rewatch in the future, probably once the BDs are out, but is there any explanation as to why there are no humans in the streets of Shibuya?
Halloween in Shibuya gets super crowded, and since there are barriers so that humans can't escape, it's weird to have the streets be completely empty throughout the carnage. It's a tiny nitpick though, this episode is fucking legendary
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 AM
May 2016
Dude this shit felt like a movie. Massive peak Mob Psycho 100 vibes here.
Nov 9, 2023 7:33 AM

Nov 2020
easily one of the best, if not the best animated episode of this year
Nov 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2016
This was one of the episodes I was looking forward the most to and it did deliver. Stand proud MAPPA and animators, you can cook.

They added some more to the brief fight in the manga. That's how I imagined experiencing the Shibuya arc must feel like animated and I had faith that they would give this episode in particular special treatment. An absolute spectacle.

Sukuna again a one-man show. He's scarier than a meteor and beat Jogo in his own element.

Moreover, one of the most emotional moments so far featured Sukuna and Jogo out of all people, lol.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Nov 11, 2023 2:40 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 9, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2018
Raw is out and I did not expect this fucking level of quality in both of the fights. Toji single handedly violated Megumi while Jogo destroyed a whole city, but did not scratch Sukuna at all who was just throwing and playing with him in the air. Oh god, how fluid all the action sequences were and the background visuals were so beautiful. Also forgot to mention how many parts weren't in the manga, but the team behind today's episode were so fucking creative, an example would be the whole rabbit fight scene inside of the building with kung fu attacks and Toji throwing debris everywhere, killing them all in one. I love of Panda and the rest rather get smashed by a meteor than disobey Sukuna's order, it was animated at perfection, it just shows how much fear Sukuna puts in everyone. Jogo using his volcano head to blast Sukuna was an additional cut which was way too fucking cool. The "running" sequence inside of the building with the very loose, but incredibly fluid animation was apparantly a homeage to Tetsuwan Birdy Decoge. Gonna look more detailed on twt who was behind all of this.

Sukuna T-posing mid air and blitzing right after that is a phenomenal cold moment.

Also some calming news is that the ED/Storyboard Artist aka Miso had enough time to work on this episode which made it so consistent. No drop of quality in any of the sequences. Animation Director Hiromi Niwa and few more showcases their skills as they did in Mob Psycho 100.
SideCharacterKalNov 9, 2023 1:10 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 9, 2023 8:13 AM
May 2021
NOW THAT was JJK S2 at its best. And I can’t wait to see you know who finally make his anime debut next week.

LeoDragoNov 9, 2023 1:00 PM
Nov 9, 2023 8:31 AM
Apr 2016
When Jujutsu Kaisen first came out, never could've even considered that it would reach this level of good ngl
Nov 9, 2023 8:39 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

So many things to say: Megumi /Sukuna etc

Can’t wait for the next episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 9, 2023 8:53 AM

Dec 2020
Ok. No one can complain about this episode's animation, maybe the art, but the animation no way. This one was insane!

This episode was a great send off to both Toji and Jogo. Glad Toji could recognize his son at the end and glad that Jogo could be acknowledged as strong in his final moments.
Nov 9, 2023 8:54 AM
Sep 2015
I just want Megumi to realized he's fighting his own father (not technically, but still...)

The brightness limitation law tarnishes the action scene, but it's a law, nothing can be done if it want to air in Japan.
Nov 9, 2023 8:56 AM

Dec 2018
brutal episode with amazing animation so much going on but i really hope we get a handle on sukuna, because right now i cant trust that bastard.
Nov 9, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2022
First 5/5 Shibuya episode and the best one in this season so far for me; even better than the Gojo vs Toji episodes. Can we get consistently high quality S2 episodes from now on please? And it looks like JJK joined the party of battle shonen with a meteor scene.

Only gripe is I don't like this episode's lack of uniformity from the season's general art style, but it is what it is with different directors and key animators and their unique styles. Whoever did this EP stood proud and cooked.

deg said:
lol do not thank the studio but the staff of the anime dudes remember how the the studio is doing labor exploitation to its staff or workers
True. It's a miracle that there are still episodes of this quality pretty late into the season like this knowing what the absolute state of the production for this title is.
the13thStruggleNov 9, 2023 9:29 AM
Nov 9, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2012
There's a sense of sadness in Toji's voice and even in Sukuna's, despite him behaving like a maniac. I hope we get to see their full backstories someday to understand why they became the way they are.
Nov 9, 2023 9:07 AM
Aug 2022
This season has gone from one of the best to the best show of this season with this episode
Nov 9, 2023 9:07 AM

Jan 2019
"Not Zenin, huh?! I'm glad."

This episode, bro...

Nov 9, 2023 9:09 AM

May 2020
holy fuck that was a fucking amazing episode
so much happened
and the art and animation were insane
mappa nailed it

Nov 9, 2023 9:11 AM
Dec 2021
Holy moly. Need i say more?
Nov 9, 2023 9:15 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Perrin4869
Best TV anime 20 minutes of all time here? Mappa cooking like there's no tomorrow!
Since I'm watching this raw and the Japanese level of this show does go over my head quite often, I'm missing a lot of the details. I wanna rewatch in the future, probably once the BDs are out, but is there any explanation as to why there are no humans in the streets of Shibuya?
Halloween in Shibuya gets super crowded, and since there are barriers so that humans can't escape, it's weird to have the streets be completely empty throughout the carnage. It's a tiny nitpick though, this episode is fucking legendary
@Perrin4869
Megumi said at the beginning: Thanks to Inumaki senpai. All normal and transfigured humans have been evacuated.
Nov 9, 2023 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
lol do not thank the studio but the staff of the anime dudes remember how the the studio is doing labor exploitation to its staff or workers

im sure many new anime fans will not like this kind of rough animation but in some anime this is an animation style or sakuga of the director but maybe because of the tight production time they resort to this rough animation style to draw them fast enough to meet the deadline

and there it is sukuna has another hidden power besides slashes what the hell is that power
Nov 9, 2023 9:20 AM
Feb 2023
What The Fuck I just Watched. I read the manga but when I see it in animation it feels totally different. What a power.
Nov 9, 2023 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
Simplistic art style but really well animated and flashy with the colors too that stood out most of the times. I guess MAPPA went with this instead of more detailed and gorgeous art style cause of time restraints. Both Megumi vs Toji and Sukuna vs Jogo was good. Sukuna vs Jogo specially was a really destructive fight.
MegamiRemNov 11, 2023 3:58 AM
Nov 9, 2023 9:21 AM

Aug 2015
what an ep.. this ep was so packed with animation and storyline LMAO
Nov 9, 2023 9:25 AM

Feb 2021
Okay, I cannot understand how Toji (or more like his spirit) can be so damn fast and strong without cursed energy.
00:09, 13:31, 13:33, 15:12 I love these Sukuna frames!

Btw Jogo was born of humanity's fear and negative association with volcanoes and other fire-related natural disasters, if someone doesn't remember.
The scene from the trailer!
Aaand RIP Jogo. Didn't expect him to die so soon. Everyone in this gang of special grade cursed spirits did horrible things but their relationship was wholesome.

Absolutely spectacular episode holy shit.

EDIT: I know now! In exchange for no cursed energy Toji has superhuman physical ability.
EmbientNov 9, 2023 9:29 AM
Nov 9, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2021
Thought the animation for the most part was great, animating fire probably is a pretty intensive task, so I can't blame them for making those scenes quite poorly imo, other than the portion in the end ofcourse. Amazing episode, the Toji/Megumi scene was great, him thrusting the spear into his brain was much better than I would have imagined; and man kusakabe is funny af.
Nov 9, 2023 9:28 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to deg

im sure many new anime fans will not like this kind of rough animation but in some anime this is an animation style or sakuga of the director but maybe because of the tight production time they resort to this rough animation style to draw them fast enough to meet the deadline

and there it is sukuna has another hidden power besides slashes what the hell is that power
@deg Yeah, all points goes to the staff, fuck the studio tbh
By the way, this episode's animation style reminded me a lot of Mob Psycho.
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
I'm speechless. Singlehandedly THE BEST episode thus far of JJK, both S1 and this season. JJK is receiving a masterful adaptation and I can't thank the hardworking staff at Mappa enough.

First off, Toji vs. Megumi was outstanding. About half the fight was entirely anime-original, I believe just about everything up until the moment Megumi got pulled away by the frog was NOT in the manga. I'm glad my GOAT got one final hurrah before the end. Seeing him in action effortlessly putting the beats on his own son was a sight to behold. There was definitely no way for Megumi to realistically beat Toji himself, so fortunately for him, Toji took his own life after coming to his senses and having a final moment of satisfaction knowing his son didn't take the Zenin name. RIP to my GOAT, glad his last moments were done justice.

Moving on to the true highlight of the episode, Sukuna vs. Jogo. As I said last week, Jogo stays having the worst luck imaginable. Dude is a fucking STRONG character, reinforced by this episode stating that he's equal to a roughly 8-9 finger Sukuna, he just gets the worst possible matchups. But man, the destruction, the rampage, the meteorite moment that I've been dying to see, all so beautifully animated. No way Jogo is defeating the King of Curses, but to even get acknowledgment from him that he's strong must have meant a lot to him. Both Toji and Jogo's final moments were done so well. What a fantastic episode. Next week, THE BOY appears.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Nov 9, 2023 9:31 AM
Mar 2021
Red said:
There's a sense of sadness in Toji's voice and even in Sukuna's, despite him behaving like a maniac. I hope we get to see their full backstories someday to understand why they became the way they are.

what are u talking about? Toji I can understand since it showed in the end that he did care for megumi in his own selfish way, but sukuna? No way dude’s pure evil to the core he has no sad backstory that’s what makes him different from any other villain if u ask me I’m a manga reader btw before u can ask me my source.
Nov 9, 2023 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
Amazing episode from start to finish all credits go to the staff and the key animators fuck Mappa.
Nov 9, 2023 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
Wow , Jogo vs Sukuna was one of my favourite moments from the manga and I'm glad that they nailed it.
I literally was gasping at the quality and scenes, plus it was all so fast which I loved. There wasnt a slow moment in today's episode!
Stand proud of what you did Jogo!
They showed THAT in next week's preview, Oh boy!
Nov 9, 2023 9:36 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to neffst3r
@deg Yeah, all points goes to the staff, fuck the studio tbh
By the way, this episode's animation style reminded me a lot of Mob Psycho.
@neffst3r yep it reminds me of birdy the mighty decode too and noein to your other self so the staff of this episode must be full of webgen animators but i have to check the staff later if that is the case
Nov 9, 2023 9:38 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Uruichi
Red said:

what are u talking about? Toji I can understand since it showed in the end that he did care for megumi in his own selfish way, but sukuna? No way dude’s pure evil to the core he has no sad backstory that’s what makes him different from any other villain if u ask me I’m a manga reader btw before u can ask me my source.
@Uruichi I feel like Toji is more like an anti-hero and bad father... but Sukuna, if you're a manga reader you know he's an evil son of a b****
He's probably the main villain in the entire series.
Nov 9, 2023 9:40 AM
Mar 2021
neffst3r said:
@Uruichi I feel like Toji is more like an anti-hero and bad father... but Sukuna, if you're a manga reader you know he's an evil son of a b****
He's probably the main villain in the entire series.

Probably? 😂 have u been watching the anime with ur eyes closed he IS the main villain in the show along with pseudo-hero as a secondary villain.
Nov 9, 2023 9:41 AM

Mar 2020
Felt more like the art style at the beginning of the season, the more rough drawings but a lot of solid movement. Not much to say overall, but it was a fine episode. I do find that as this season goes along, I find myself liking the villains way more than the protagonists, especially Jogo, Toji, and Sukuna.
Nov 9, 2023 9:48 AM
Mar 2022
Wait a minute...

Nov 9, 2023 10:06 AM

Feb 2012
OMG. This episode felt like a climax of an action movie; soo damn good!
The stakes are so damn high that this just might actually be a potential human race extinction arc/finale and the only one that can stop it and save everyone is sealed... which is soo good for the plot to be this suspenseful and scary.
I'm 101% invested in the plot now, 11/10 episode!
Nov 9, 2023 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
thank the staff like the episode director Itsuki Tsuchigami https://twitter.com/JJK_Mya/status/1722665044805120224

he is also the director that complained about the NDA of MAPPA about bad working condition they are facing https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2120442

he is part of Mob Psycho anime so huge influence for this episode https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=151709

Itsuki Tsuchigami Sakuga MAD https://youtu.be/df3NWffGcws?si=svcEzqFzmxxda3db
Nov 9, 2023 10:13 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to deg
thank the staff like the episode director Itsuki Tsuchigami https://twitter.com/JJK_Mya/status/1722665044805120224

he is also the director that complained about the NDA of MAPPA about bad working condition they are facing https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2120442

he is part of Mob Psycho anime so huge influence for this episode https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=151709

Itsuki Tsuchigami Sakuga MAD https://youtu.be/df3NWffGcws?si=svcEzqFzmxxda3db
@deg Also important to mention, this episode was prioritized, meaning that it began production earlier because it was a tougher episode, which means better schedule.
There's a very obvious difference in the credits of previous episodes and this one, mostly the 9 episode directors (WTF?!) of ep 15, the number of Animation Directors and the number of 2nd Key Animation. A high number of Animation Directors alone is not enough proof of tight schedule, but those three things in particular together are.

https://seesaawiki.jp/w/radioi_34/d/%bc%f6%bd%d1%b2%f6%c0%ef%a1%ca%c2%e82%b4%fc%a1%cb#jujutsukaisen2_40
Nov 9, 2023 10:15 AM
Jun 2021
I knew this episode would've been good , but holy shit . Easily the best animated fight of the year and of Jjk overall .
Nov 9, 2023 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Karnox001
@deg Also important to mention, this episode was prioritized, meaning that it began production earlier because it was a tougher episode, which means better schedule.
There's a very obvious difference in the credits of previous episodes and this one, mostly the 9 episode directors (WTF?!) of ep 15, the number of Animation Directors and the number of 2nd Key Animation. A high number of Animation Directors alone is not enough proof of tight schedule, but those three things in particular together are.

https://seesaawiki.jp/w/radioi_34/d/%bc%f6%bd%d1%b2%f6%c0%ef%a1%ca%c2%e82%b4%fc%a1%cb#jujutsukaisen2_40
@Karnox001 thanks for the additional info

and about the episode itself we got to see the maximum techniques again the power that rivals domain expansions https://jujutsu-kaisen.fandom.com/wiki/Cursed_Technique#Maximum_Techniques
Nov 9, 2023 10:19 AM

Jul 2011
Both fights were cool

Sukuna simply got inside Jougo internal monologue?

The episode was named "Thunderclap", not much thunder, but as the slang these days go,some characters and shikigami bunnies got clapped.
Nov 9, 2023 10:21 AM
Mar 2022
Sukuna for villain of the year 🏆
Nov 9, 2023 10:24 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Another insane episode!!

I'm kind of sad. Toji is gone :[

Sukuna was so damn cool in this episode. Seeing him in action was quite the spectacle.
Nov 9, 2023 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to manelist1
@Perrin4869
Megumi said at the beginning: Thanks to Inumaki senpai. All normal and transfigured humans have been evacuated.
@manelist1 oh I see, thank you!
Nov 9, 2023 10:27 AM

Jan 2021
That Toji fight was sick but Sukuna and Jogo’s fight was amazing Sukuna gave Jogo the seal of approval you are strong
Nov 9, 2023 10:30 AM
Aug 2022
I have never been this invested in jujutsu kaisen before.

Toji vs Megumi was incredible but the real highlight of this episode was sukuna vs jogo. The animation was incredible and this is easily my favourite episode of season 2

Jogo’s final moments was weirdly wholesome.

I’m such a Sukuna fanboy I swear he’s my second favourite character in jjk

That tease of
at the end got me screaming I can’t wait for next week.

“Stand proud your strong” I love that line from Sukuna
Phantom_373Nov 9, 2023 10:44 AM
Nov 9, 2023 10:44 AM
Jul 2021
WHY IS SUKUNA LYING?
JOGO IS NOT EVEN 3 FINGERS HE IS WEAK AS HELL
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

588 by megzypegz »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

379 by InClouseau »»
Sep 22, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 30, 2023

401 by InClouseau »»
Sep 22, 10:08 PM

» There was outrage over this? (Ep 22 Spoilers) ( 1 2 )

OskarC25 - Dec 21, 2023

72 by WeirdoAmla »»
Sep 22, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

498 by xebu »»
Sep 21, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.