Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
It's kinda back to the core of the show again as Kazuya gets to spend more time with Chizuru. Plus, she seems to be in a much better mental state since the incident with her grandmother. I know Kazuya had good intentions to help Chizuru with that date but his reactions were still damn awkward like usual. Just can't keep a straight face sometimes.

What actually is surprising is how much Chizuru improve herself, at least on the surface. Their date was like a paradise for Kazuya I guess. And oh yeah, this anime was full conscious about showing Chizuru's assets especially when she's indoor rock climbing LOL
Sep 22, 2023 9:56 AM

Dec 2021
Ah yes, Kazuya, the walking embodiment of cringe.

As we were left off last episode, to lift Chizuru's spirits, Kazuya decided to go on a date with her. When Chizuru arrived at their meeting spot as his rental girlfriend, she appeared unusually cheerful, as if nothing had happened, catching him off guard. While wondering if Chizuru had truly recovered, Kazuya proceeded with their date plan. A clothing store and movie theater later, they go to a restaurant Chizuru quickly realizes Kazuya's intentions and assures him that she doesn't require any cheering up. She expresses her gratitude to Kazuya for the projector movie he arranged for her in the hospital room. Subsequently, Chizuru agrees to have a good time on their date, and they make their way to the rock climbing gym.

I must say, I'm a bit let down. Kazuya was really making progress. Considering how much he's invested in this rental arrangement, one would expect him to be a bit more at ease around her. It's not every day you spend that kind of money, after all. Funnily enough, Kazuya still maintains the same demeanor as he did when this anime began. Despite the lack of notable progress, it was heartening to witness Chizuru genuinely enjoying herself. Also seeing Mizuhara in her authentic state is truly heartwarming. The expression on her face when she chose to let loose and have fun is a side of her we haven't had the privilege of seeing much, if at all. Concluding the evening with sparklers would have been an ideal way to cap off their date; however, it brought back bittersweet memories of Chizuru's grandparents.

Just one more episode left, will they be able to stick the landing of what could be the best season of this shitty anime yet?

Sep 22, 2023 12:24 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah i think this is the "best" season so far haha. Atleast for this anime. It just shows us how emotional this can get, if the writer wants it...
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 22, 2023 12:40 PM

Oct 2020
I feel very sad for Miss Chizuru for losing her grandmother.
Sep 22, 2023 12:49 PM

Jan 2021
I dont really now what to think about the episode, cringe and feelings together...strange mixture

Although yes some Chizuru and Sumi's character development, nothing on Ruka or Kazuya's side. I dont really know how will this season end, this already felt like a last season episode .
Sep 22, 2023 12:51 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A date in Tokyo huh and on a rainy day as well. Still thats quite the amount she charged him. Given how perceptive she is Chizuru would have seen through Kazu's attempt easy. Their visit to the climbing centre though sure turned out well. The fireworks was a nice way to end the date with while also being one that provided a nice reminder of the memories she had of her grandparents.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2023 1:11 PM
Feb 2021
felt like season 1... worst ep this szn.
Sep 22, 2023 1:31 PM

Jul 2022
There's no need to watch the same, unoriginal garbage over again. Let's play out the typical rent-a-fanservice episode. You have a bunch of creepy, random bystanders commenting on how hot Chizuru is and how badly they'd want to go on a date with her. Then you have Cuckzuya endlessly monologuing about how hot she is and ogling her from top to bottom. At the end of the day, all you need to do is look at how much this simp paid for the date. 67,000 JPY + whatever else he paid for along the way is getting close to the $1,000 mark. Pathetic, much.
Sep 22, 2023 2:19 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A great date and not even a happy ending for the dude? Chizuru may not be as s-tier a waifu after all

Well let's hope that for the last episode of this 3rd season, the one redeemable arc from this whole series, that Kazuya doesn't chicken out and does indeed make the right move in finally comforting Chizuru about the death of her grandma. If he does, heck I wouldn't mind giving this season a 7/10. Every time Chizuru lowers down her guard, drops her stoic facade, and shows that she is in fact hurting inside, idk about you but it gets me in the feels. Again, Kazuya is not exactly the best main character ever, but if he doesn't fail us in the next episode, I for one could forgive him for all his shortcomings. If freaking rent-a-girlfriend can put a genuine smile on our faces, then idk; this may have all been worth it. This would be an amazing season- except for the problem of being pretty much NO Mami. But it's okay, I can forgive that too.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 22, 2023 2:28 PM

Mar 2020
I kind of expected this to not be a great episode, but my, that was easily the worst episode of the season, as it just feels like we're back to the beginning again with how Kazuya is still acting. I get what he's trying to do, but that doesn't make it any less cringe. I wanted to see Kazuya be a bit more chill with how he acts around Chizuru, but he's still like that. Seeing Chizuru enjoy herself was nice, along with the last scene being emotional, but it didn't erase how poor this episode still was to me, just a letdown overall.
Sep 22, 2023 2:31 PM
Dec 2021
JanWiller06 said:
I feel very sad for Miss Chizuru for losing her grandmother.

Seeing her in her flashback, dammit 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Sep 22, 2023 2:32 PM
Dec 2021
falko92 said:
I dont really now what to think about the episode, cringe and feelings together...strange mixture

Although yes some Chizuru and Sumi's character development, nothing on Ruka or Kazuya's side. I dont really know how will this season end, this already felt like a last season episode .

Well, the manga is still ongoing
Sep 22, 2023 2:40 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Bijou146
falko92 said:

Well, the manga is still ongoing
@Bijou146 Yes, i know i know. That's why i said this season's finale. In fact, Chizuru's grandma death could have been a great last episode of the season.
Sep 22, 2023 3:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Quite the fantastic episode, one of the bests imo, if you’re a fan of Mizuhara there was so much goodness here, and a fan I am lol. Kazuya really spared no expense, he really put his entire wallet into this date and honestly I’d say it wasn’t money wasted in the slightest, got some pure smiles from Mizuhara in there without any rental girlfriend guise and of course the fanservice was sweet, especially during that stretching scene which also had some hilarious reactions from Kazuya lol.

But beneath all the fun, there was the question of if Mizuhara was truly over the situation with her grandma or not, well by the end it was very obvious she wasn’t, that memory with her grandma was really nice and it’s no wonder that’s what broke her, and they had to cut us off right at the pivotal moment! I’m really interested in seeing what Kazuya’s reaction will be, and I guess we’ll find out in the finale next week. I said it at the beginning of the season and I’ll say it again, I’d love to see this series every summer, season 4 isn’t a pipe dream I hope lol.

And lastly, the subs saying Mizuhara said “let’s go” really got me lol, I love it, also wow it looks like so far I’m one of the only people that loved this episode, but I’m also one of the people that’s loved this since Season 1 so that’s probably why, it did feel a bit like it returned to its roots here which I loved personally.
Sep 22, 2023 4:13 PM

Aug 2014
what was that cliffhanger?!! come on!
and he spent 1/3 of salary!

So what happens next:
A - He runs away leaving her alone
B - He hugs her from behind
C - He comes in loudly saying something stupid like "oh I've almost tripped"
D - He pours a bucket of water over her to cool her down
E - He starts crying louder than her

Vote! ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 22, 2023 4:50 PM

May 2019
Jeez, this episode was just ok, it had a bunch of cringe moments, and a couple of funny moments and sad moments. The cringe moments were reminiscent of the earlier seasons especially with Kazuya's overreactions and his inner monologue. One of the funny moments was where Chizuru told Kazuya that he would not get a "happy ending" despite the expensive restaurant he took her to.

It looks like Chizuru is not over her grandma's passing (they did have a close bond and she was more of a mother figure to her) but didn't want to show it to Kazuya. That is one reason why I don't think Chizuru doesn't have any special feelings for him, beyond the fact that he had to rent her to spend time with her. I'm guessing she'll probably break down and Kazuya will freak out not knowing what to do.
Sep 22, 2023 5:32 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Damn that cliffhanger XD

Kazuya - Hug her! Conole her! Do something!! (which hopefully we'll see first thing next ep, a nice heartwarming moment)

The majority of this ep was great though!! Hilarious throughout
Sep 22, 2023 5:34 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Reply to SenpaiTM
Yeah i think this is the "best" season so far haha. Atleast for this anime. It just shows us how emotional this can get, if the writer wants it...
@CorayyAnime agreed. I have this season as 9/10 compared to the other two (7 and 8)
Sep 22, 2023 6:52 PM

Jun 2019
Kazuya spending huge amounts of money again for 1 day with Chizuru.
Sep 22, 2023 7:20 PM

Feb 2019
Damn man I’m starting to actively like Chizuru 😭 she looked absolutely gorgeous today. You knew she was holding a ton of emotions in and boy did they come out at the end there.

RIP Kazuya finances, but it was worth it so help Chizuru take her mind off things if only for a little. Felt like he slipped back into a few of his old cringe habits today. Few moments I was shaking my head, get your mind out the gutter man now’s not the time to be horny 🤦🏽‍♂️

Wasn’t expecting that “happy ending” line there lmao didn’t know that was a thing still, especially for younger people. I know Thai message parlours used to be famous for that back in the day.

Episode really flew by. It was a very good one other than Kazuya being a degenerate at times. I do have a lot of respect for him going out his way and planning all this out. Working hard to cheer someone you care about up is always gonna get praise from me.

Loving this season overall, will be sad when it ends next week 😩
Marinate1016Sep 22, 2023 7:26 PM
Sep 22, 2023 7:21 PM

Jul 2017
Kazuya's cheer-up date with Mizuhara after she lost Granny Sayuri, and he's sure having fun with her, though this time it doesn't feel forced or anything like that. For sure, girlfriend-mode Mizuhara strikes out as the beauty to which Kazuya never thought that he would enjoy his date so much more than the prior ones he had before. Obviously, Mizuhara saw through Kazuya's plan, but still wants to help him realize his wish-fulfillment.

The simp bringing Mizuhara to rock climbing, and he's fueling his fantasties once again for the life of trying to impress her. And if that's not enough, the luxury meal for crab...and the scene of a grandmother with her granddaughter, Sayuri's death still lingers on her mind. The lavish meal of a wannabe simp who feels that he has a date with his potential future wife, Kazuya's only worried that she is able to have fun. The last bit being fireworks, or rather fire sprinklers, triggering memories of her childhood days with her grandparents, and Mizuhara still feels sad and bitter over losing her loved ones.

Will Kazuya's date stick as planned for what is considered the best season of RaG yet?
Sep 22, 2023 7:37 PM

Jun 2021
Best episode for me. The two of them in a date, seems like going well. They're having fun and no interruptions. It's nice to see Chizuru enjoying herself. The last scene though. Kazuya better do something good.
Sep 22, 2023 9:43 PM
Feb 2023
Setelah sekian lama sya baca manganya dan saking penasaran akan si kazuya dn chizuhara bkal jadian atau menikah saya tidak dapat menemukan jawabanya, dan pada akhirnya mereka blum berpacaran sama sekali. Dari segi manga yang saya baca saya sangat benci si kazuya yang sulit sekali mengungkpkan persaanya (ampas sekali). Jadi saya mohon diseason selanjutnya 4-5 buat si kazuya dan chizuhara berpcaran sampai menikah agar para hati penonton terbayarkan dan klau bisa diseason selanjutnya si kazuya diubah karakternya jangan terlalu mengikuti manganya yang (ampas),agar penonton tidak kecewa. Saya sangat menyukai anime ini dan saya sangat mendukung popularitasannya. Trima kasih
Sep 22, 2023 11:58 PM

Feb 2016
This also was a nice episode, can't lie.
The cost for renting Mizuhara for a day is literally a month of minimum wage in my country, damn.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Sep 23, 2023 12:21 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
So the last scene showing Chizuru with the fireworks is the one from the ballad-version ending. That was emotive. The best Kazuya can do now is hugging her and don't say a word. But I've not been watching KanoKari beacuse of its melodrama, but because of its absurd yet hilarious nature. So, either Kazuya does the right thing or f**ks up again, is a win-win for me.

In my case, the cost for the date (the one showed at the beginning, not yet counting the extras) was the equivalent of a month of scholarship from the master's degree I recently finished.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Sep 23, 2023 12:30 AM
Sep 2023
probably the best episode of the season 10/10. disappointed last 2 eps didnt pick up pace.
Sep 23, 2023 4:19 AM
Jun 2023
Finally, the 'feel-better' date for Mizuhara. Ofcourse, Kazuya ended up enjoying at least as much as her, but he was really nice to her. After faking at least some happiness though throughout the day, the fireworks at the end bring back some heavy emotions for Mizuhara. Kazuya does (maybe unknowingly) give her space though, well done.
Sep 23, 2023 5:05 AM
Nov 2019
kazuya menghabiskan seluruh uang gajiannya hanya untuk menyewa mizuhara untuk menghiburnya dari kesedihan setelah ditinggal nenek sayuri
My Candies :
Sep 23, 2023 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhhh almost $500 for the date itself, probably reach almost $1000 plus with buying clothes, movie and super fancy dinner.

I can't stop get second hand embarrasment and doing face palm emoji myself watching this episode.

all the money you work so hard and you wasting it just like that?
LMAO Kazu trash are so pathetic.
better spend all those money at red light district imo.
Sep 23, 2023 6:04 AM
Oct 2016
Kazuya trying to cheer up Chizuru in his usual Kazuya way. Really the only option to get Chizuru out of her apartment was to rent her for a couple hours. A normal knock at the door would've been shrugged off and she'd act like nothing's wrong. So its weird but it's the only way she would've even pretended to act thus upbeat. Kazuya naturally looking to all the places on Chizuru body that he shouldn't. Even right after they meet up and go pick an outfit for Chizuru to wear. Its one with a short collar and even shorter skirt, leading to some dudes walking by to even catch a glance. Kazuya staring even more during the rock climbing portion of their date. Now that's A bit much but one thing I don't blame him for is getting flustered when they help each other stretch. Because if a super hot girl was touching all on me and vice versa even just for normal workout stretching, I would get pretty frazzled. It was sweet to bring her back to a place we saw in the very beginning of this story, brought back fun memories. The expensive crab was a nice touch even if it drains the wallet. The fireworks might've been more personal than Kazuya expected, Chizuru getting very sad thinking of younger days with her grandma and grandpa. Kazuya is gonna have to think of something else to cheer her up now.
Sep 23, 2023 6:53 AM

Apr 2021
Kazuya was really insufferable again.
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 AM
May 2019
Deluge is coming.
Sep 23, 2023 10:06 AM
Dec 2021
great episode, enjoyed it.
Sep 23, 2023 11:52 AM
Nov 2019
I'm amazed how this show is near the end of its 3rd season and for it to feel like Kazuya hasn't developed at all.
Sep 23, 2023 2:26 PM
Jan 2021
hopefully mizuhara had fun <3
Sep 23, 2023 4:34 PM
Nov 2019
I LOVE YOU CHIZURU <3
Sep 23, 2023 4:36 PM
Jul 2023
i am a little scare for the last ep
Sep 23, 2023 10:46 PM
Mar 2015
He did a good job of cheering her up until the fireworks reminded her of her grandparents
Sep 23, 2023 11:42 PM

Jan 2017
Did we just watch a repeat of an episode from Season 1 again LMAO
Sep 24, 2023 11:17 AM

May 2021
I'm so glad Ruka didn't pop up out of nowhere to ruin the episode.

Sep 24, 2023 11:32 AM
Oct 2017
enjoyed it thoroughly
Sep 24, 2023 8:32 PM

May 2015
why are people complaining
this has been the best season so far
Sep 24, 2023 8:54 PM
Jun 2020
I really hope that dude gives her a hug.
Sep 24, 2023 10:31 PM
Dec 2022
Kazuya booked Chizuru on all-day 10 hour rental girlfriend. All looking good through shopping for clothes, the movie though Kazuya doesn't understand it, the fancy western dessert cafe and the expensive famous all crab meal at Kani Doraku restaurant which costs a lot.

The restaurant is where Chizuru saw another elderly lady with her granddaughter reminded her of her grandma. At the end, some fireworks where it brings back memories of her time playing sparklers first with her grandma. Kazuya brought back a bucket of water noticing Chizuru was crying.

Wonder how the final episode will play out? Will it wraps up nicely for the pair? What about Ruka? So many loose ends pending. Still an emotional episode this is.
Sep 24, 2023 10:51 PM
Enjoyment

Feb 2021
More with Mizuhara the better.
“Forgetting is like a wound. The wound may heal but it has already left a scar.” — Monkey D Luffy
🌲🌲 🌲🌲🌲 Anime Obsessor
🌳 🌳🌳🌳 Manga Indulger
⛩️ Romance Specialist
⛩️ Harem Hashira
⛩️ Isekai Sage
⛩️ Shonen Slayer
🏮 𓆏 Adventure Enthusiast
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 Best Girl Knower
Sep 25, 2023 12:07 AM
Nov 2022
Kazuya pays again for female affection._.
Sep 25, 2023 12:49 AM

Aug 2017
Extremely painful and bad episode. Lowering the whole show to 4/10. How much did this loser spend, like $1500?

There is only one good thing he did, and that was give the pointer at rock climbing. Guy had one moment of legitimately manning up from some reading and practice he did.

I would be so happy to see Mami make an appearance and ruin his life again.

AnimeNerd99 said:
I'm amazed how this show is near the end of its 3rd season and for it to feel like Kazuya hasn't developed at all.

Yep not one bit. He absolutely sucks and I want him to suffer and perish.

davidyodo24 said:
better spend all those money at red light district imo.

I was going to say exactly that! You can have a weeklong bonanza at red light district for the amount this idiot pays!
CarbonMDSep 25, 2023 12:58 AM
Sep 25, 2023 6:51 AM
May 2023
Pretty good though the date was amazing👍
Best bleach villain
Sep 25, 2023 8:42 AM
Jun 2023
I think this was the best option for Kazuya to make Chizuru feel better, Im still feeling sad for Chizuru that she lost her grandmother.

I think Kazuya's plan actually worked out at the end and chizuru started to feel better all that encouragement by sumi didn't go to waste at least.

This was a good episode that actually shows how rent a girlfriend is as an actual anime.

So overall, this was a pretty good episode not gonna lie
Sep 25, 2023 5:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mizuhara letting her guard down around Kazuya more and more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

151 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 23, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2023

76 by Fabio_lopess »»
Aug 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2023

92 by MelonTaco »»
Aug 4, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2023

121 by MelonTaco »»
Jul 31, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2023

91 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 4:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.