Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2023 8:28 AM

May 2020
It’s not hard to guess that something BIG was about to go down when they suddenly started the ever-famous, “tell me how you think about that person”, segment. And that person being Gojo, of course.

Back to the slaughter, Gojo didn’t hold back at all when he was stomping Jougo and Hanami, quite ruthlessly and mercilessly. I mean they both stood no chance to begin with, but it’s manners to not pick on those who’re weaker than you smh. Gojo doesn’t know any bit of it though…

… I mean the way he fucking one-shotted Hanami there, with her blue blood(?) splatting all over the place was… almost made me feel sad for her lol. Though they being the bad guys, the moment Hanami was gone, Mahito made his appearance, with a fuckload of his transfigured toys, which had people dying left and right… though none to Gojo’s worry quite honestly. He knew he couldnt save everyone, so he just went with the simplest option to get rid of the enemies… HIS DOMAIN EXPANSION.

Within a mere seconds, Gojo packed the whole army of transfigured humans… just like that, without breaking much sweat. But then came the biggest moment, the turning point of this series… Geto’s untimely appearance and prison realm coming into the game. Geto’s secret is out or I must say, Kenjaku’s. And thus Gojo went away. BIGGEST TURNING POINT FOR A REASON.

If there is a thing like “timing” in this world, then must say this episode has the WORST ever timing of all time… for reasons known:(

Anyways, Gojo’s in the prison realm. Let him rest, and yeah hopefully we see him again before the next decade.
Sep 21, 2023 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
Well, at least we got to see Gojo go all out one last time right?

The battle rages beneath Shibuya Station as Gojo confronts the special grade curses. His unmatched skill thwarts their every move. With a swift, powerful motion, he extracts the tree branches from Hanami's eyes, sealing his fate. Jogo and Choso struggle, offering little resistance. Gojo's dominance remains unchallenged. Suddenly, Mahito emerges with a horde of transfigured humans, unleashing chaos upon civilians. Faced with an impossible choice, Gojo reaches his limit. As the grim reality sinks in, he falls prey to Geto's plan, imprisoned in the final phase of the sealing ritual, confronted by the specter of his fallen friend.

It was quite the spectacle witnessing Gojo unleash his full power one last time. He dispatched a thousand transfigured humans in a mere five minutes, averaging an astounding 200 per minute or 3 per second. His prowess is beyond comprehension. The expression he wore when tree guy exposed himself was nothing short of extraordinary. He perpetually balances on the precipice between an invincible hero and a cataclysmic force, rendering him both incredibly captivating and enigmatic. However, it struck me that the camaraderie among the curses was surprisingly lacking. The passing of Hanami seemed to elicit little sentiment, suggesting that their objectives outweighed their emotional attachments. Though one thing that was emotional was Gojo and Geto's reunion. The stage was set for this showdown, foretelling Gojo's inevitable fate. Powerful figures like him often meet their end in such dramatic fashion. For now I think they toned down on the dimming. but that doesn't mean there's none at all. The Gojo running scene was heavily dimmed to shit. "Gojo Satoru has been sealed." It's official.

I feel bad for Gojo fans, they can't take a dub this week.

Sep 21, 2023 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
It's a sad week for Gojo Stans. That's all.

Aside from that, it's finally time for Gojo to go up against the Curses and without wasting any time Gojo went straight into the action and as expected of him, he obliterated them just like last time. Kinda feel sorry for Hanami. But, they accomplished what they needed to do and the rest was handled by Geto (...) as planned. Mahito is still so annoying.

The massacre of innocent people was brutal to watch. But, that 0.2 Infinite Void was so incredible. Gojo reminiscing his time with Geto was such a beautiful but sad moment. This whole episode was fucking incredible. The reveal was so well done as well. Peak finally starts.
Sep 21, 2023 8:35 AM
Apr 2020
they cooked god damn
Sep 21, 2023 8:50 AM

Jun 2023
It's So Gojover: Part 2
Sep 21, 2023 8:55 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
It’s not hard to guess that something BIG was about to go down when they suddenly started the ever-famous, “tell me how you think about that person”, segment. And that person being Gojo, of course.

Back to the slaughter, Gojo didn’t hold back at all when he was stomping Jougo and Hanami, quite ruthlessly and mercilessly. I mean they both stood no chance to begin with, but it’s manners to not pick on those who’re weaker than you smh. Gojo doesn’t know any bit of it though…

… I mean the way he fucking one-shotted Hanami there, with her blue blood(?) splatting all over the place was… almost made me feel sad for her lol. Though they being the bad guys, the moment Hanami was gone, Mahito made his appearance, with a fuckload of his transfigured toys, which had people dying left and right… though none to Gojo’s worry quite honestly. He knew he couldnt save everyone, so he just went with the simplest option to get rid of the enemies… HIS DOMAIN EXPANSION.

Within a mere seconds, Gojo packed the whole army of transfigured humans… just like that, without breaking much sweat. But then came the biggest moment, the turning point of this series… Geto’s untimely appearance and prison realm coming into the game. Geto’s secret is out or I must say, Kenjaku’s. And thus Gojo went away. BIGGEST TURNING POINT FOR A REASON.

If there is a thing like “timing” in this world, then must say this episode has the WORST ever timing of all time… for reasons known:(

Anyways, Gojo’s in the prison realm. Let him rest, and yeah hopefully we see him again before the next decade.
@Softhenic03 just wanna know how was dimming and ghosting in this episode?
Sep 21, 2023 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
"Next" is wild.

Bye Gojo we won't be seeing you for a while. The timing for this episode is Impeccabble, feels like Gege is trolling us lmao.

And welp, JJK wasn't faking out. Geto indeed died.
FMmatronSep 21, 2023 12:41 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2023 9:20 AM

Sep 2014
Lol after the latest chapter, everyone goin nuts over Gojo. Oh the reviews gonna be juicy...

Sep 21, 2023 9:30 AM

Oct 2017
Gojou sealed, when we seeing him next? Not in a long while. Things will be really messy now that he's not here.
Sep 21, 2023 9:32 AM
Mar 2022
Been a sad week for Gojo stans. Sealed but at what cost…. Sigh
Sep 21, 2023 9:53 AM

Jun 2014
For the anime-onlies that are probably going to ask, "when will we see Gojo again?" I'm gonna tell you right now, he'll have some short screentime next episode but we won't be seeing him again until probably season 4 😭 yea he's going away for a LONG time.

What a fantastic episode, feral Gojo is something I've been wanting to see for a while. He absolutely manhandled Hanami and they did justice to him vaporizing her before turning around with that menacing look saying "Next." Also the 0.2 second Unlimited Void sequence was incredible.

But the tables turned when "Geto" shows up with the Prison Realm. They're not strong enough to beat Gojo so the next best thing is to seal him away. Otherwise, we wouldn't have a Shibuya arc, right? Without being able to rely on Gojo to take care of things, everyone else is gonna have to step up.

What a week it's been for Gojo fans lol. What crazy timing that he gets sealed in the anime the same week where....well, I obviously can't say anything further but I feel like everyone and their mother knows that manga spoiler already. And given what just happened in the manga, the beginning part of the episode where everyone talks about Gojo being the strongest hits different 🥲
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 21, 2023 9:57 AM

May 2013
eeewwww kenjakus brain was supposed to be bloody, why is it pink and slimy instead ewww
Sep 21, 2023 9:59 AM

May 2013
gojo tho... him just fucking up those special grades 🫣 I also feel like it was made horny on purpose and they succeeded like...
10velySep 21, 2023 10:09 AM
Sep 21, 2023 10:05 AM
May 2021
Idk how to feel this week. I got feral Gojo in the anime and the manga I’m suffering.

This has been the worst week for Gojo fans man.

Sep 21, 2023 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
What a tense episode from start to finish. This ending has left us with so many questions now. So Geto isn't the real Geto? The final moment between Gojo and Geto from the prequel movie kind of makes sense now.
Sep 21, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2013
Red said:
So Geto isn't the real Geto? The final moment between Gojo and Geto from the prequel movie kind of makes sense now.

yeah, so at the end of jjk0 gojo finally had to kill geto, which not only was him finally executing the order from all the way 10 years before, when he just filled all those people in that village, but also because geto was beginning to become danger to his students... i believe if geto never touched jujutsu high, gojo would not have gathered enough strength to kill him off
this... thing that now possesses geto's body, was assumed to be geto all throughout the first season, which is to say it's very much not geto and has not been geto at all
Sep 21, 2023 10:15 AM
Feb 2023
It was super good and animation looked clean af
Sep 21, 2023 10:18 AM
Aug 2021
10vely said:
Red said:
So Geto isn't the real Geto? The final moment between Gojo and Geto from the prequel movie kind of makes sense now.

yeah, so at the end of jjk0 gojo finally had to kill geto, which not only was him finally executing the order from all the way 10 years before, when he just filled all those people in that village, but also because geto was beginning to become danger to his students... i believe if geto never touched jujutsu high, gojo would not have gathered enough strength to kill him off
this... thing that now possesses geto's body, was assumed to be geto all throughout the first season, which is to say it's very much not geto and has not been geto at all

I actually don’t think it has anything to do with him touching the students tbh because Gojo mentions that he knew Geto wouldn’t have truly harmed any of the first year students in volume 0 just before he kills him
Sep 21, 2023 10:20 AM
Sep 2015
At this point it feels like I'm trying to nitpick a tiny fault of this amazing anime but I really question the music choice of the 0.2 second scene. Can't MAPPA find a better composer?
Sep 21, 2023 10:21 AM

May 2013
Softhenic03 said:
It’s not hard to guess that something BIG was about to go down when they suddenly started the ever-famous, “tell me how you think about that person”, segment.

to think that it was just bonus contents in the original manga! such clever use, very effective

Softhenic03 said:

considering the manga took a week break just before this, I would not be surprised it was planned... same with nobaras introduction in the anime vs her shibuya incident chapter (if you know you know)
one time may be a coincidence, twice? still not enough to be counted a sequence, but weird that it happened twice!
Sep 21, 2023 10:24 AM

May 2013
kakashis_sidehoe said:
I actually don’t think it has anything to do with him touching the students tbh because Gojo mentions that he knew Geto wouldn’t have truly harmed any of the first year students in volume 0 just before he kills him

true! you're right. it made sense in my brain cuz why did he kill geto off then? i would not expect gojo to just follow orders from higher ups without anything motivating him personally, and personally, gojo very much did not want geto dead
Sep 21, 2023 10:24 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Gojo did not disappoint this episode!! I love seeing him in action.

The end though, It's not looking good. Gojo fans in shambles (me).
Sep 21, 2023 10:28 AM
May 2021
Gojo is finally sealed! Is it Goio-Over?!
Sep 21, 2023 10:34 AM
Jul 2021
GOJOWARI DA ITS GOJOVER!!
Sep 21, 2023 10:41 AM

Feb 2021
I like how the community is so divided about the OP. I love it personally.
Gojo is the definition of badassery. The animation is divine.
I bet that mahjong game is also symbolizing something. If only I understood something about it.
So did everyone stay like that for 2 months or what lol? Most probably not, but I wonder when did they wake up.
And fake Geto's identity is revealed. For anyone confused, please watch the movie.
I don't get how that seal works, could someone enlighten me? Why does it work for so long?‎
Sep 21, 2023 10:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The opinions of Gojo from his peers was amusing to say the least. It was surreal seeing the villains discuss their plans of mass murder over a casual game of Majong. If anything this incident sure is gonna be one hell of a mass casualty event. The enemies plan though really is turning out to be damm impressive though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2023 10:44 AM
Jan 2017
One of the greatest jjk ep that has yet aired
Sep 21, 2023 10:44 AM

Nov 2021
Damn now we ain't seeing Gojo after the next episode for a long ass time.

Also the fking leaks 😭
Sep 21, 2023 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
Few moments are great like Hanamis death but holy shit this episode screams production problems. So sad Shibuya gets such a treatment. Alteast Hiddent Inventory was adapted well.
2/5
Sep 21, 2023 10:50 AM

Feb 2019
Gojo vs Barry Allen who takes it
Sep 21, 2023 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
Gojo finally appears in Shibuya to slay Jogo and Hanami, though this isn't the first time that they've met, and him forgoing his Domain Expansion just goes to show the level of impeccable power that they could not overcome, even with Geto's advises over a game of mahjong. Sensing Hanami's defeat to death, Jogo runs for his life using every cover he could find for Choso to make the critical shot, and they need him to be completely overwhelmed before they can make a move. And that move, relies on a train full of cursed humans caused by Mahito to inflict more human casualties.

The thing is, Gojo can't quite save the horde of people being eaten by the cursed spirits, but it's clear that the enemy wants Gojo to use his Infinite Void to save the people around him. And indeed, that was his strategy of two-tenths of a second to kill all of the transfigured humans in one shot. That obviously put a strain on his power, and thus, exposing his weakness to allow Geto to open the Prison Realm. But the Geto that appears in front of Gojo, is not Geto, but a habitation of another spirit infused from Geto's abilities, which they have succeeded in sealing Gojo.

The stronghold has been captive, what will Yuji and the other Jujutsu sorcerers do without him?
Sep 21, 2023 10:52 AM

Apr 2018
Gojo my king, the goat, the unstoppable, the one and only has been imprisoned forever.
Well, great to see him go all out.

Also gotta say that the animation director is just ass. One example is the transfigured humans scene where the only fucking thing we saw the whole time was a bunch of blood and running, not even seeing Gojo or barely a part of his body. It looked cool in the beginning with his running form, but it turned out to be completely ass. I don't really get hyped up with the fights anymore as I used to do in the first season.

Also so many fucking still frames everywhere during the fights.

This gotta be on the same level as Bleach sideslows lmfao.
SideCharacterKalSep 21, 2023 11:36 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 21, 2023 10:56 AM

Jun 2021
Gojo was sealed...so seeing him in action for the last time was :( That first scene tough, I see what they did there.
Sep 21, 2023 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, finally ffs.
Sep 21, 2023 11:04 AM
Oct 2019
fuckin hell, good shit
Sep 21, 2023 11:07 AM

Nov 2014
It's even sadder when you notice Suguru's mind is still in there somewhere, trying to stop this fake person from using his body. Look at these two scenes. Suguru is right-handed, yet this fake is waving with his left hand. It's because Suguru's right hand is trying to push down his left hand.

Sep 21, 2023 11:11 AM
Oct 2022
The one episode I was looking forward to ended. Why did the result look like a picture-story show, where the pictures were completely static? What do they want to convey by showing us a few seconds of an ordinary cut? I can understand if it took a production time like One Piece, but we waited about 3 years for this episode lol. In my mind, I was hoping for a battle animation where the crowd was moving and I could feel their screams and fear. I didn't really like the last episode, so I thought they would spend more money on this episode, but I was disappointed. Well, I've changed my mind and am looking forward to the battle that follows, but the discomfort I felt in episode 8 hasn't improved and I'm starting to get a little worried. I can't predict where the hype will be in this chapter.
Sep 21, 2023 11:13 AM
Jan 2023
SLEEK__ASSASSIN said:
@Softhenic03 just wanna know how was dimming and ghosting in this episode?

Terrible very bad
Sep 21, 2023 11:13 AM
Jun 2022
Still waiting for the life changing event in the arc all were hyping crazy☠️🥲
Sep 21, 2023 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to DrainHAGOKORO
The one episode I was looking forward to ended. Why did the result look like a picture-story show, where the pictures were completely static? What do they want to convey by showing us a few seconds of an ordinary cut? I can understand if it took a production time like One Piece, but we waited about 3 years for this episode lol. In my mind, I was hoping for a battle animation where the crowd was moving and I could feel their screams and fear. I didn't really like the last episode, so I thought they would spend more money on this episode, but I was disappointed. Well, I've changed my mind and am looking forward to the battle that follows, but the discomfort I felt in episode 8 hasn't improved and I'm starting to get a little worried. I can't predict where the hype will be in this chapter.
@DrainHAGOKORO Keep your expectations at rock bottom.
First they have to fit in each episode in exact 20mins which leads sometimes to weird pacing issues and stretched out scenes.
Second they have to ruin i mean ghost few scenes so the 0,001% can watch.
And third they have to censor it as much as possible. Even in this gruesome episode where people get sliced in half but you dont even get to see the corpses.
Sep 21, 2023 11:24 AM

Jul 2023
And people said Bleach is a slideshow. Expected something better after "minor" fight from prev episode. Also what's with these all people? Almost 0 reactions and movement, are they mannequins waiting to be killed or what? Funny that author got rid off the only one character who draws in audience
Sep 21, 2023 11:27 AM
Sep 2021
Omg the way Gojo destroyed Hanami was epic, the sound that the infinity was making while pushing hanami to the wall was fucking amazing.
Sep 21, 2023 11:32 AM

Jul 2011
I just pity those people that were dragged by their friends to the Halloween party and got killed.

Now that Satoru is sealed, others can show their sorcery.
Sep 21, 2023 11:32 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Nycro
@DrainHAGOKORO Keep your expectations at rock bottom.
First they have to fit in each episode in exact 20mins which leads sometimes to weird pacing issues and stretched out scenes.
Second they have to ruin i mean ghost few scenes so the 0,001% can watch.
And third they have to censor it as much as possible. Even in this gruesome episode where people get sliced in half but you dont even get to see the corpses.
@Nycro I agree. Maybe other people see this episode as a masterpiece and my eyes are just crazy and sick. I'll try to watch it without thinking about it as much as possible.
Sep 21, 2023 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Rodriguez1293
Omg the way Gojo destroyed Hanami was epic, the sound that the infinity was making while pushing hanami to the wall was fucking amazing.
@Rodriguez1293 That part was so good, I kept skipping back to it. Gojo's face and him ignoring Jogo's threats were great too, the guy didn't hesitate
Sep 21, 2023 11:35 AM
Dec 2019
"My soul knows otherwise" I'm crying ...

Gojo was a menace though. That face he made was terrifying

This episode was so good! So many insane sequences! I'm a happy man. Mappa doing Shibuya justice :)
Sep 21, 2023 11:37 AM
Aug 2023
I'm was already sad that Gojo got sealed in anime but the manga leaks are scaring me more ! 💀
Sep 21, 2023 11:38 AM
Aug 2023
I'm already waiting for season 3, I'm not normal 💀
Sep 21, 2023 11:42 AM

Aug 2013
Gojou doing Gojou things. He was kinda slow to take action, but still did in the end.

Hopefully he'll get released of the seal soon, otherwise a massacre is near sure to occur.
Sep 21, 2023 11:56 AM
Aug 2021
10vely said:
kakashis_sidehoe said:

true! you're right. it made sense in my brain cuz why did he kill geto off then? i would not expect gojo to just follow orders from higher ups without anything motivating him personally, and personally, gojo very much did not want geto dead

I’m ngl I have no idea😭😭 I actually thought that he didn’t kill him in the end but with the whole Kenny situation that obviously doesn’t make sense so idk lol
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

498 by xebu »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

631 by InClouseau »»
Today, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 9, 2023

421 by InClouseau »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 2, 2023

339 by InClouseau »»
Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Oct 26, 2023

259 by InClouseau »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.