Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2022 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Iris definitely has that leadership vibe in her role. Glad she was able to help Alexia when she needed it the most. Alpha still seems much stronger than her though.

Cid had his personal business to take care of this episode too. This episode pretty much had a no nonsense attitude and we're slowly but surely seeing Cid's talent as well he's serious. Maybe now Cid and Alexis can be decent friends.
Stark700Nov 2, 2022 7:43 AM
Nov 2, 2022 7:54 AM

Apr 2014
I... am... Iron Man Atomic!!!
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 2, 2022 8:05 AM

Sep 2018
Tonight, make it magnificent...

This is totally the most fun I've had with an anime for a long time.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 2, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2018
Did he just killed Alexia. I don't see the reason to...
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Nov 2, 2022 8:18 AM
Feb 2022
where did the blood come from? ;-;
Nov 2, 2022 8:27 AM
May 2020
"I am atomic..." Was better than I was expecting!
Nov 2, 2022 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
That was satisfying to watch. Shadow obliterated the enemy and made a big crater in the middle of the town. Sad it's the end of Alexia and Cid's fake relationship though. I hope to see more of her.
Nov 2, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 2021
Once upon a time, there was a boy who wished to beat the nuclear bomb. He Built muscles, honed his mind and mastered all types of fighting skills. Yet, he couldn't beat it...
But, he couldn't just give up. So after years and years of training (and reincarnate into a world with magic), He came up with the best solution.....

"If you want to beat the atomic, You become the Atomic"

I
AM

ATOMIC
V1P3R0PNov 26, 2022 1:01 AM
Nov 2, 2022 8:32 AM

May 2019
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.
Nov 2, 2022 8:33 AM

Feb 2022
CrystaLyse said:

Alexia is angry with Cid because Cid refuses Alexia to continue the relationship, that's why cid got that blood.

Anime always presents something too dramatic, for example blood splatter.
Nov 2, 2022 8:35 AM
Dec 2014
CID LITERALLY NUKED HALF OF THE CITY. BEST MC EVER!!
Nov 2, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2022
viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.

Alexia gets angry at cid and cid gets hit with alexia sword and that blood is too dramatic, um yeah you know, anime always like that.

for new girl, um.. just a passerby. she's not that important, she probably only appeared about 2 or 3 episodes.
Nov 2, 2022 8:47 AM
Jul 2021
CrystaLyse said:

That’s probably his blood… She sliced him out of anger due to the rejection
Nov 2, 2022 8:58 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful, Fantastic and Amazing episode!

Alexia's adorable side is so... >_<

Cid rejecting her was really... something... RIP

The end scene was lol
The girl was cute, I wonder who she is...
CrazyButNot4UNov 2, 2022 9:11 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 2, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
I AM ATOMIC

Holy shit dude I can only get so hard. Absolutely phenomenal fight scene, seeing the sword instructor get his ass beat was amazing. Alpha easily taking care of the monster was also dope. Really shows how far ahead of everyone Shadow garden is

Poor alexia, she’s probably never been turned down in her life and has no type of experience or way to deal with it lmao
Nov 2, 2022 9:01 AM

May 2020
That entry theme song in the first minute.. felt like something straight of an 80's Hollywood horror drama lol.

Cid, this dude has no threshold limits.. cuz he's atomic. Again bring the next episode.

Also hey make sure to wash the blood off yourself before giving a helping hand.. good manners. Unlike Cid lmao.
Nov 2, 2022 9:02 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it😍😍😍
Nov 2, 2022 9:02 AM
Oct 2020
That's gonna leave a tsar.
Nov 2, 2022 9:06 AM

Dec 2020
The slight but subtle way of saying "ATOMIC" of "I AM ATOMIC" won my heart! The animation on which I had my eyes ever since the first announcement of news of anime, won my heart. It was so damn good that I got goosebumps. Simply splendid!
I really love this part.
Aside from fanboying, manga had elf girl aka Alpha masked during the fight which make more sense but this was good too since we got to see her face.
And in the slasher part, it happened on roof which make much more sense, for some parts which was very clear from panels but in anime, it looked as if it was on ground floor. I don't have any complaints because they might be saving the money of it since it was clear a big portion of it was put on the iconic "I AM ATOMIC" part. Also, new and fresh scenes are good from time to time.
Also, for "I AM ATOMIC" she was supposed to be in middle of it but she and ground near her is spared to portray that all the people who were potentially caught in the explosion were spared because he can detect them and exclude them from impact.
What really had me confused is that, shouldn't the girl who Cid bumped into should have glasses?
Overall, I loved this episode 9/10
SleepiciousNov 2, 2022 9:14 AM

For card delivery, please click the picture on right
Nov 2, 2022 9:08 AM

Jul 2017
Cid, WE ADORE YOU. I...AM...ATOMIC.

Cid is ready for another undertaking as Shadow, and against Alexia's oppressor, The Third Awakened Instructor Zenon Griffrey, a potential future candidate for the Knights of the Round, he's every bit as unfazed.

For the monster that's just been unleashed out of the prison, Iris's attacks are enough to steer clear of it, but Alpha's interference...just about blows the entire proportion of the matter away in one fell swoop, saving Milia and making the stance clear between Shadow Garden and the Knights Order.

Even with much magical energy, Zenon isn't able to overcome Shadow, and Alexia saw what Cid did and wished she had the same skills as him. This is not the first time that Cid faced someone injesting magical pills to increase to almighty strength, and certainly this swordplay is ordinary to him.

What comes next is PURE almighty: Cid beating the shit outta Zenon, and the iconic I AM ATOMIC power of a nuclear bomb, spoken subtly to give that ALMIGHTY effect. WHAT. A. DISPLAY. OF POWER.

The outcome of the ordeal with Cid proving his innocence, and Alexia thinking of reaffirming the pretend relationship into a real one, and his rejection was a bloody mess of hilarity and unexpectedness. Finally, the cat is out of the bag: Shadow Garden, the Cult of Diabolos, Iris now knows it all. The only person who can decipher this: an unassuming girl who looks like a bookworm, and the bloody Cid encountering her, she's the person to look forward to.

Best episode, out of the ordinary.
KANLen09Nov 3, 2022 12:35 AM
Nov 2, 2022 9:08 AM
May 2022
Dham it was just too good
Nov 2, 2022 9:10 AM

Jun 2020
Alexia acts a lot more deredere in here than the manga, so i actually felt a bit bad for her being rejected. Scene's even more hilarious though, Cid looks like he's about to accept but then SIKE
Can't wait to see Sherry's arc

viperhc said:

StephNov 4, 2022 4:43 PM
Nov 2, 2022 9:13 AM
May 2021
''Cid of the day''
giving up fighting the nuke and become the nuke it self (''I AM ATOMIC'')
Nov 2, 2022 9:15 AM

Jul 2022
Oh hell yes. Easily one of the best episodes out of all new episodes this season. Not gonna argue, it just scratches an itch like few other things. Exceptional fantastic stuff.
Nov 2, 2022 9:16 AM

Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:
Cid...we adore you. I AM ATOMIC.

Yeah! He is the type people would say, "he's ma boy, we let let him go".

For card delivery, please click the picture on right
Nov 2, 2022 9:18 AM
Aug 2016
ILL BE NUCLEAR MYSELF

I AM ATOMIC
Nov 2, 2022 9:18 AM

Nov 2019
Some might say that perhaps that was a bit overkill. Which would be a fair assumption. But that was quite the spectacle. And the Shadows garden members just starring at it like it's a firework show.

Nov 2, 2022 9:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wait so Cid became an atomic bomb??? ahaha that was really weird but well... and he rejected Alexia this time
Nov 2, 2022 9:32 AM
Sep 2020
The "I am Atomic" Sound was soooooo satisfying!!!!!
Got goosebumbs🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Nov 2, 2022 9:33 AM
Nov 2021
I fr thought he was about to say "I am the Bone of my Sword" like archer from Fate/Stay night💀💀💀
Dec 2021
From an atomic level it was just brilliant
Sep 2020
sotlganihai said:
where did the blood come from? ;-;
From the hit alexia gave him when he refused the relationship

Mar 2020
Best episode so far, by a long shot in my opinion. The over the top fight sequence was executed well, and Cid rejecting Alexia was exactly what I expected. Still can't completely grasp what Shadow Garden's goals are, or Cid's goals either, but this episode at least kept me interested.
Nov 2, 2022 9:36 AM

Mar 2015
this shit is so generic, are they even fucking trying
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Nov 2, 2022 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
If you can't beat them, join them. If you can't beat a nuke, become one (?). You need some atomic levels of chuuni to make it happen. Also, nuke half of the city just for aesthetics, even if your enemy is a small fry.
Nov 2, 2022 9:42 AM
Jul 2022
Is It Only Me Or Awakened Zenon Looked Like Asta💀💀
Nov 2, 2022 9:42 AM
Nov 2015
Today episode is the definition of "Peak Fiction"!
Nov 2, 2022 9:43 AM
Jul 2022
pasanoid said:

Hm, How's It "So" Generic Sir??
Nov 2, 2022 9:43 AM
May 2019
viperhc said:

had to go through 5 mins of work just to correct your one point , what is my life coming to
Nov 2, 2022 9:47 AM
Feb 2022
It’s the bomb… epsiode 🥰
Nov 2, 2022 9:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
If the idea was to bomb the entire area to ensure that all the members of the cult would vaporise, it's a great one. But, if it was just to back up his "atomic" statement, I'm not too sure, xD. Feels like the Princess has figured out or at least is close to figuring out the Shadow's true identity, it'll be interesting to see how their interactions evolve with every passing ep. Gee, all that blood though, dramatic much?

It was nice to see Cid just bossing around the fight and embarrassing the heck out of the "future" member. Good lord, he just wouldn't shut up about that...

It was nice to see the other girls back and it was hilarious how Cid reacted to Beta's info drop of the new members count. And one more to come soon? Didn't expect Cid's sister to throw such a tantrum though, that was kind of nice.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 2, 2022 9:49 AM

Mar 2015
Primordial_weeb said:
pasanoid said:

are you caping or what? it's pretty much copy-paste of all plot troupes and character traits of every seasonal trash isekai before it. for last probably 5 years every season had at least one show with like 80% similarity to this one
Nov 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2022
pasanoid said:

why you still watch if you hate?

is it that hard to stay away from anime you hate?

You know, it's so easy for me to stay away from anime I don't like.
Nov 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2022

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Nov 2, 2022 9:51 AM

Mar 2015
Miraikane said:
pasanoid said:

why you still watch if you hate?

is it that hard to stay away from anime you hate?

You know, it's so easy for me to stay away from anime I don't like.
already dropped it, thanks for nothing. was just my way of saying goodbye to it
Nov 2, 2022 9:51 AM
Jul 2022
pasanoid said:
Primordial_weeb said:

are you caping or what? it's pretty much copy-paste of all plot troupes and character traits of every seasonal trash isekai before it. for last probably 5 years every season had at least one show with like 80% similarity to this one

Mention An Isekai Where The Mc Is Like Cid?
I Mean Exactly Like him cus You Saying "Exactly Copy & Paste" Lmao
Nov 2, 2022 9:58 AM

Mar 2015
Primordial_weeb said:
pasanoid said:

Mention An Isekai Where The Mc Is Like Cid?
I Mean Exactly Like him cus You Saying "Exactly Copy & Paste" Lmao
check recommendations section of this anime, you probably are gonna find most of them there. cheers
Nov 2, 2022 9:59 AM
Apr 2022
It was the best "I am atomic"
Nov 2, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2020
Lol when our Mc is living his ordinary schoollife i love how he act with Alexia.
He must be pretty strong when his opponent goes all in and he not even a slightest chanche.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 2, 2022 10:04 AM
Nov 2022
Im expecting it to be the cringe shouting atomic but i got the less cringe with goosebump ASMR atomic instead, probably the 2nd best LN anime adaptation that i read after mushuko tensei
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.