Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, the pacing was slightly slow for the finale. I guess they really tried to squeeze everything into the second half of the episode.

Episode felt more like an emotional journey for the main cast here. I think they did a so-so job at capturing the moments from this episode, although it didn't really blow me away. Definitely wanted to say grats on all the cast for making it so far after all the hard work.
Jun 25, 2022 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
The 7th and final mock race for the 41st Horse Racing Class, and everyone is giving their all with effort.

The Talk no Jutsu in this show feels excessive with the drama, but yet it's this that also helps them to move forward with gladness. Even Yu, after putting off his melodrama of turning away from the idol life to become a jockey of a dream, and even fans whom recognize him long after he'd quit, those are the fans worth cheering on from.

The final mock test to become professional jockeys, plus Shun's alleviation to Kisuke's death to tell Yu, it all comes down to this moment. Shun imparting his "power" onto Yu, it's like both of them have that ennui moment together.

Nevertheless, everyone graduates with ease, and for a closing chapter, that works.

An instant forgettable show, it really is a mistake for all the melodrama to take over the actual horse racing.
Jun 25, 2022 10:03 AM
Sep 2015
Watching 3 years of life flash by in 3 months is quite a magical experience. This anime is truly a fanfare of adolescence.

Music is the heart of this anime, very good as expected from Hiroyuki Sawano. I could cry just from listening to his music alone. The playlist is freely officially available in youtube Pay attention to the main theme "Fanfare of Adolescence" and the insert song "RUSH".

I'm glad Hayato study to be a vet, I don't know why the idea of all students in this class sticking together forever resonate with me. Even if they're not all jockey.

Amane decide to go for worldwide stage, but I think Japan horseracing is very competitve at the top level, it's not that far behind UK or EU.

The school is very smart to document on Eri, this give the public the idea of gender equality agenda, that girl can be a jockey, even if the majority of jockey is still male.

I don't know which one win between Yu and Shun, but the moment when Shun "transfer" his power to Yu, LOVE WINS! what a way to end a pride month!

In the end Shun didn't become a jockey, I don't even know what he become but at least it's still within a horse industry.

In conclusion, this anime is very inspiring, but not to the point that actually push me to go out and do something different. I'm still spend most of my time watching 30+ anime per season. Maybe I'll go jogging while listening to its OST at my best.
Jun 25, 2022 10:06 AM
Jan 2020
As expected, they rushed it. Trying to give them all their mini character arc really won't work in mere 13 episodes.

Shit is gay
Jun 25, 2022 10:10 AM

Jun 2021
Well, that’s that I guess. Nice to see everyone finally come into their own as jockeys and I guess to some extent as people. Everyone really grew from the first ep to the finale. All in all a nice ending to the series. This was an interesting anime to say the least. The horse riding animation was nice as were the more fantastical elements. Oh and the music was good.
Jun 25, 2022 10:58 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems that Shun doesn't think he is a jockey and wants to do something else in the field! He gave his power to Yu!
And we got to see him making his debut which was cool.

This was a pretty good show that I enjoyed quite a bit.
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 25, 2022 11:40 AM

May 2021
I am already forgetting their names. That's how garbage the pacing was and how poorly the introductions were done. Not to mention the fact that there were two fucking time skips in one cour before I could get even remotely invested in the characters.
2/10

Jun 25, 2022 1:39 PM

Oct 2016
It was decent, but the writing wasn't good.
I think Amane is a good example for the poor writing. The anime introduces him as an important character, then puts his story on ice for a while, brings it up again later and eventuelly ends with no proper conclusion.
If I hadn't watched the trailer of this anime, I never would've guessed that Amane is supposed to be a main character. The anime wrote him as a side character like Aki or Eri.
Another example is that Miku girl. Most pointless character in the entire anime.
Hayato wasn't handled well either.
And the scarecrow-hag considering Yu as her son really came out of nowhere. I never got that impression of their relationship in the first place.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think the anime struggled with the 'show, don't tell' rule, and some characters were either not finished or outright not needed.
That being said, there were some aspects that I liked about it, so I'm giving it a 6/10.
Jun 25, 2022 2:57 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
that moment between Yuu and Shun got a little intimate, especially after seeing Hayato's eyes getting teary as Soujirou after telling him he understands why he's popular with girls lol. You can't tell me that was not on purpose, the way they made Shun raise his hands towards Yuu's face lol, making it look like a build up to a kiss. I am surprised Shun would give his ability away, regardless of whether it was transferred or not, he's still going to work with horses so it should be an ability he would want to make use of.

Has it been mentioned before that the CEO had adopted Yuu? I don't think it justifies the way she was treating him but I can understand to some extent why she was so possessive of him if she raised him as her own son.

Well, that’s that I guess. Nice to see everyone finally come into their own as jockeys and I guess to some extent as people. Everyone really grew from the first ep to the finale. All in all a nice ending to the series. This was an interesting anime to say the least. The horse riding animation was nice as were the more fantastical elements

Jun 25, 2022 3:37 PM

Dec 2018
I honestly didn't care for the others ambition and goal in mind (maybe a little for Amane).

But I'm glad Hayato and Shun are going another path. Just seems realistic to me.

I must say, the last 5(?) minutes between Yuu and Shun were heartwarming. Nobody can tell me that wasn't a kiss- Good for them! Also Yuu giving him the Cap, really adorable.

What I didn't liked was how they tried to squeeze everyones motivation in the last episode. Like, what was that between Aki and Kouta? You're telling me Aki thought they should talk now after 3 years about it?

I think others already did great points on other things thay could have been made better so I'm not going to say much but this:

-Hayato and Soujirou are still in close contact, "dear friends". I liked that.

-Kouta made me not like him since episode 12 and that's weird considering his whole character before that and suddenly he feels like a whole new person

-Aki on the other hand made me like him later

-I hope Amane takes over the world.

-feels like Eri's whole motivation was money, which, yea, I feel you girl, but it also felt like it was her only character trait

-Yuu and Shun were defiantly the best part of the show *together* on screentime. I was 0 interested in episodes solely about Shun and Yuu alone. Maybe I got bored.

-Also, yeah, maybe I just shipped them lol

Another thing: Was that a horse anime or teenager trying to find out what they want to be?

(Last thing: I hoped to hear Yuu sing for fun.)
Jun 25, 2022 7:35 PM

Mar 2016
This was good. Really good!

Three years, and Taki still has that hoodie. In an anime where people actually change clothes, repeating clothes adds some realism too, I guess.

I knew Hayato would return this episode. Now I finally understand what he meant when he said he wouldn't quit horse racing. He was about to be a vet! I love the way he didn't let fate control him. Also, I was not expecting to see a hint that he may have a crush on Soujirou. I was so distracted by Shun and Yuu that I never saw this coming! lol But, in hindsight, it was always there, wasn't it?

Yuu's family is actually no more. Guess my theory was right. It always felt odd that he only had Saionji.

The conversation between Yuu and Saionji was nice, and made even better by the way Saionji was looking at a childhood Yuu.

That talk between Yuu and Shun! Damn. They really teased us, didn't they? They kept making it look like we were getting a confession, but they gave us something else, and then they repeated this again and again. In the end, Shun just went for Yuu. I am quite sure they kissed! That whole pulling him by the cheeks and the sparks and sharing his world.

Yuu gave his cap from episode 1 to Shun.

The final episode ended with the flash-forward shot from episode 1, and Shun listening to Yuu's race, wearing Yuu's cap instead of his straw hat. I loved it!!

I wonder why Yuu was later than his classmates. Did he lose the race? It looked like he'd won. And, it seems Shun really did quit racing.

This was beautiful. I wish I could find the OSTs from this anime on YouTube to live this anime again through its beautiful music. I keep looking for it, but I found only one song!
Jun 25, 2022 9:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, so that's all the end story of their fanfare of adolescence inside the horse racing school and all drama around there. Lotta happens here and there with all their path of career. Some stay true, one and another already get their debut, even Yuu too. While others were all try hard catching up to each others. Then Shun finally choose his path that differ much from Yuu that stay true from the beginning. Bit of sad actually. But that's their choice. Their dream. Their fanfare of adolescence...

Unique sport show actually, not entirety all about the horse racing. Even though the element of horse racing already been spread along quite decently, on these last few episodes. Its already spend too much time solving the ex idol problem before entering the main theme of the show. Still, that is still fine. I appreciate how they direct it as something as how this final on. Not that good, as in my cup of tea. But i can't lie, its have their very well entertaining moment too. Sometimes.

5/10 from me...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 25, 2022 9:59 PM

May 2021
It's like it wanted to be stars align but wasn't able to match it in terms of drama and sports. I was going to give it a 6, but the finale just wasn't solid enough for me, so I give it a 5/10.

It's not really anything super special or unique, and personally I found it hard to follow the plot thoroughly.

Shun is probably my favorite character from the series.

Absolutely fire opening song though.

All in all, if you like horses I think it's certainly something to watch. My least favorite watch of this season, but I stuck through to the end.

(Also, for some reason I totally thought they were about to kiss in that scene, you know the one.)
Jun 26, 2022 7:54 AM
Sep 2015
FuMomo-kun said:
This was beautiful. I wish I could find the OSTs from this anime on YouTube to live this anime again through its beautiful music. I keep looking for it, but I found only one song!

If you can't access to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3YuMySoio&list=OLAK5uy_kjp-f-0h8_bB-wIPU5_VWbGT_wmmh0KVc then you're regional blocked.
Jun 26, 2022 11:20 AM

Aug 2019
It was a fantastic conclusion.

I'm glad Shun recognised his true feelings and admitted he didn't want to be a jockey. Yu, on the other hand, achieved that goal he set for himself. This anime was more about drama than horses tho.
Jun 26, 2022 1:45 PM

Oct 2015
I understood why Shun chose to be a trainer instead, his love for horses doesn't fit well of him being a jockey. But his Last race with Yu was cool nonetheless, too bad the show didn't give us the full display. My fondest moment of this episode had to be the interaction between Yu and the CEO, this was touching.

This show I guess wasn't about horse racing only, but the broad spectrum of the jockeys and the equestrian industry as a whole. I was expecting some passionate horse racing only, too bad I didnt get it. It wasn't a remarkable series, but it taught me a few things about the industry.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 26, 2022 2:48 PM
Feb 2018
What a lackluster show, I really looked forward to the idea of horse racing and the process of preparing for the main stage but I was severely let down. There was no true substance that came out of it with shallow characters and no true connection to be built with consumers of the series. A bottom of the barrel sports show (if you can even tag it with the genre sports) for Spring 2022.
Jun 26, 2022 6:27 PM

Mar 2016
phantomfandom said:
FuMomo-kun said:

If you can't access to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3YuMySoio&list=OLAK5uy_kjp-f-0h8_bB-wIPU5_VWbGT_wmmh0KVc then you're regional blocked.

Thank you for the link. Sadly, it didn't work for me. I guess the video is region blocked for me.
Jun 27, 2022 10:20 PM

Dec 2016
Kinda rushed but it was a nice ride.

I liked the friendship buildup they all had, especially Yu and Shun.

The ost is beautiful, as expected from Sawano Hiroyuki. I've been listening to the ost on spotify.

The ending was nice but I really wanna know if Shun kissed Yu. Why did they have to switch to another scene like that :-0
Jun 27, 2022 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
yea...lackluster...only redeeming part is the OST...just the OST!
4/5.

Jun 28, 2022 1:26 AM

Nov 2012
Good show, loved the character designs, the story, the funny moments, not a fan of meanless drama but it was ok.

My Candies:

Aug 5, 2022 10:18 AM
Jul 2015
Hm. It’s was mid.

If you going to watch it, you can start from eps 8 ish.

It’s flust of stil image because most of money goes in the horse animation, and that’s okay ish.

It’s better horse prospects than most of other anime. And they got a wider specters on “working field” you can do around a horse/stables etc.

Yeah it’s mid. But nice 👍 5-6/10
Aug 20, 2022 7:27 PM

Jul 2016
Nice way to conclude an overall acceptable show. Particularly, I really appreciate the fact that the script didn't force Shun to become a jockey just like the rest of his classmates.

Honestly, this was better than expected. Standard premise yet the direction was solid for the most part and though the writing wasn't the best, I actually liked some of the plot-points it tackled.
Also, the 3D wasn't really that bad. People whining about CGI horses and stuff probably have no idea what bad CGI actually is.

6/10
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Regular last episode, without surprises, with the view in the future!!!

In general the anime was a deception!!!

4/10 and lucky kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

22 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

16 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.