Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 10, 2021 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
Yaguchi's oil painting at this point, cannot be changed with the pouring of turpentine on his sketchbook to create his memesis of the nude model. What a stressful Day 2 of the Geidai Entrance exam.

Sekai-kun bragging about how he already finished his work before everyone else, and Yaguchi still feels the pinch. Nevertheless, his mom giving him the push is nice to see for and supporting him for the final day (Day 3) where everything must be done with precision of individuals' own themes, and belief and confidence in oneself of his/her drawing on both the canvas and the sketchbook.

It's weird that Yaguchi gets praises, and no less from the genius himself because of his notable themes. And it's all for the final push as the bells sound the end of the Geidai Entrance Exam, you guys have worked hard over the 2 days and eager to find out the results soon, which coincides with the school's graduation ceremony...where Yuka got all of his buttons off, the ever so popular transgender male.

It's time for the release of results, and it's heart-nerving. Yaguchi may have passed, but Kuwana failed to hit the mark...and there's Sekai-kun whom did pass unsurprisingly. The dream come true for Yaguchi to be a Geidai student, and he's one of 3 people who passed the exam on their first try. I always love Ooba-sensei because she never fails to motivate even till the very end, at least for Yaguchi's growing up phase. Try again next year, Kuwana, and the curse laments on you. And Hashida...surprisingly was the same as Kuwana as well.

From cradle to life, Yaguchi has changed exponentially engaging to art, and Mori-senpai came back for her one last hurrah to critique Yaguchi's memesis of his painting done at the Geidai Entrance Exam, a wonderful one.

You don't need me to tell you that the manga is the superior version.
KANLen09Dec 11, 2021 6:58 AM
Dec 10, 2021 9:00 AM

Jun 2019
So... all and all... Yaguchi finally did it. He achieved his goal, for now, that is to enter Geidai Academy and lucky for him that is one of the only few to do it. Other than that, let's talk about the show itself. Characters are really cool and different having different personalities which makes the show much fresher for me at least. Yaguchi's mum is so awesome. I love her and then there's Ooba sensei, a great and awesome teacher.

Adaptation-wise, I would say from what I've seen in the manga, I would say they tried their best with it but it wasn't the best adaptation by any means. It's not bad, but I'd rather prefer the manga over the anime any day. The pacing of the show was a huge issue.

Man, I wanted to see Kyoani's touch on this manga series which would probably never happen but anyway... it was a fun ride... off to the manga.
Dec 10, 2021 11:11 AM
Mar 2021
Pre_Yum said:
So... all and all... Yaguchi finally did it. He achieved his goal, for now, that is to enter Geidai Academy and lucky for him that is one of the only few to do it. Other than that, let's talk about the show itself. Characters are really cool and different having different personalities which makes the show much fresher for me at least. Yaguchi's mum is so awesome. I love her and then there's Ooba sensei, a great and awesome teacher.

Adaptation-wise, I would say from what I've seen in the manga, I would say they tried their best with it but it wasn't the best adaptation by any means. It's not bad, but I'd rather prefer the manga over the anime any day. The pacing of the show was a huge issue.

Man, I wanted to see Kyoani's touch on this manga series which would probably never happen but anyway... it was a fun ride... off to the manga.
which chapter did this episode cover? I can't take the tension after yatora started using turpentine on sketchbook. I'll jump into the manga
Dec 10, 2021 7:30 PM
Mar 2021
TanakaTarou24 said:
Pre_Yum said:

which chapter did this episode cover? I can't take the tension after yatora started using turpentine on sketchbook. I'll jump into the manga

This chapter adapted stroke 24 and 25. From that on is the manga and Life in the Geidai Arc where we will see the girl who busted Yatora's mirror, Kinemi Miki, and new characters.
Dec 11, 2021 2:44 AM
Apr 2021
Thanks for this season, and bye" yaguchi Kun
Dec 11, 2021 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
never give up to catch your dream !!

this a lesson what i got from this anime !!! 8,5/ 10
Dec 11, 2021 5:28 AM

Mar 2021
Well, the anime has it's drawbacks but overall it was a nice journey. It had a few hype/tearful moments, not gonna lie.

Dec 11, 2021 5:39 AM
Oct 2019
It's Season Finale!!

Damn what a beautiful Painting.

Overall Solid Good First Season for me even though i can tell there is a pacing issues and Manga Reader said they cut a lot of stuff.

I enjoyed the Characters Drama more than the painting itself, it's kinda weird to think about it.

7/10
Dec 11, 2021 5:39 AM

Aug 2021
im cryin yall
for me personally best thing this season, no doubt
moved me the most
i mean im not an art person, nor i aspire to be one, im more of a philosophy type but i always admired art students and fug i felt this anime with my entire body, it moved me so much
and yatora is my new husbando too... ahh the entire thing was so freaking good
i was shaking with excitement before each episode
Dec 11, 2021 6:23 AM
Apr 2020
I'm so happy for Yakkun. Hard work is a really great ally. It is really bumpy in the beginning, but it eventually led Yakkun to a better result. It's also thanks to the people who helped and inspired him to continue: Mori-senpai who lit his desire for arts, Saeki-sensei and Ooba-sensei who nurtured him, his family and friends for their support, Ryuji who helped him to discover more about himself. Good luck Yakkun on your next journey at the Tokyo University of Arts!!!

I'm so sad for Maki tho, she did everything yet she didn't pass. Everyone from her family passed the exam except for her. Hope that her family especially her parents will not put too much pressure on her. I want to see Maki in the future. I am rooting for you Maki! No matter how long it is, you will make it!

One of the best anime this season! Hoping for a second season!!!!!!!! ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

Dec 11, 2021 6:46 AM

Dec 2008
Thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it has bleh moments, huge gaps and a few characters that you would want to beat over the head with a canvas. I have to admit the 2 teachers were amazing, esp the high school art teacher. S2? I wouldn't mind it, as long as it doesnt get too drawn out. Definitely one of my favourites this season.
May the Uguu be with you.

Dec 11, 2021 6:46 AM

Jul 2021
The ending was perfect. After all the efforts and hardwork Yatora put in, he finally passed the exam, for some reason I started crying after seeing his application number on the result board lmao. I'm really happy for him.
Really looking forward to what happens next as this doesn't feel like the end. Mori senpai and Yatora are still not able to meet lol, whyyyy!!
This was a great anime, I enjoyed every episode of it, we got to see the struggles of students trying to pass an entrance exam and they portrayed the struggles pretty well if I say so. They also perfectly described the feeling of passing an exam for which you sacrificed a lot, worked hard a lot, all that sudden happiness but also not able to actually process that you passed, the feeling that you don't wanna get too happy in case you find out you didn't actually pass and this was all just a prank, I've went through these feelings, when you keep thinking, "I could have done better, I could have done this etc." but when the results are finally announced and you see that you have passed or got an A grade, that whole moment is unbelievable, you finally think to yourself, all my hardwork has finally payed off, I can finally just relax, I can have fun now. All of this was portrayed really well, when I saw the 0052 on Yatora's application form and on the board, I felt really happy for him and I think that was the reason I started crying for him. Plus it's gonna hit right in the feels whenever I listen to Blue Period's ED again.
10/10 anime for me, if anyone didn't like it, I just feel bad for them.
TsutanaiFuunDec 11, 2021 6:58 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 11, 2021 6:59 AM

May 2020
Acing an exam after sheer hardwork, that feeling is something you can't describe with mere words and actions. So glad for Yaguchi passing the exam on his very first try and yeah he's the only one from his cram school to did so, unfortunately didn't went well for Kuwana and Hashida, hard luck but there's always next year.

They did what they could've with this adaptation, but still the studio choice is what that will haunt them for becoming the flag bearer of a never-ending "great mangas with mediocre adaptation" category. Still I'd love to have a sequel as this isn't the end, we still are at the halfway mark only.
Softhenic03Dec 11, 2021 10:04 AM
Dec 11, 2021 7:26 AM

Sep 2018
This was one emotional journey! Watching Yatora falling in love with Art and chasing his goal was truly inspiring!

I'm definitely jumping into the manga!
well that's just my opinion.....
Dec 11, 2021 7:32 AM

Aug 2021
I legit forgot that this anime exist and I haven't finished watching it and I am so happy that I remembered it lmao. Good sht, can't wait for s2.
Dec 11, 2021 7:35 AM

Apr 2014
Congrats to Yatora and Yotasuke-kun.
Maki had failed the exam and Mori senpai and Yatora are still not able to meet 😭😭😭 BOth of them are the best girls of this anime. Keep fighting!!! Kuwana Maki. Ganbare!!!
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 11, 2021 7:41 AM

Nov 2016
This was pretty much a perfect season finale. Yaguchi's progression was one of the most satisfying this year that resonated well with me at that. I would say that there was a bit for everyone in terms of characters, inner conflicts, fears and struggles, especially for those fresh out of school or close to it. Also props to Saeki and Ooba sensei for being awesome teachers. Lastly, this series succeeded at portraying art as appealing. The narration often reminded me strongly of a sports shounen, which I loved. Probably the easiest way to sell a subject to me, lol.

Well, here goes another series to the never ending manga read list.
FMmatronDec 11, 2021 7:49 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2021 7:50 AM
Jun 2021
Enjoyed it a lot. So many inspiring characters. The hurdles and joy of achieving success portrayed so beautiful.
10/10 for me ngl.
Dec 11, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2021
Well, finally this mediocore adaptation is over. Glad I picked the manga right after episode 11.

Could've been better if they showed us the Examiner's reaction to Yaguchi spilling oil on sketchbook.

PS : That opening absolutely slaps
Dec 11, 2021 8:00 AM

Sep 2011
It was a very interesting anime and I'm happy for Yatora because he tried hard to get to the university. I hope there will be a second season :D
Dec 11, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2020
Biggest disappointment of the year. 4/10
Only two characters exist and they are both below average. MC and trap.
The rest they are just "there".
The animation/art is very poor which is very bad and also funny especially for an anime about art.
I heard the manga is way better like all of you but the anime was so mediocre that I lost interest in the manga. If it gets an S2 I hope it gets better overall.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 11, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2021
I haven't been this tense watching a show in a long time. It was really good at capturing the mood and getting me invested.

I'm not a manga reader, but this series was so good that I want to change that. If it's true that the source material is even better, I can't turn it down.
Dec 11, 2021 8:04 AM
Jan 2018
This was a beautiful and inspiring journey, and the end was very emotional.
Congratulations Yatora and Yotasuke for passing the exam (makes me wonder who was the third person to pass their first attempt this year).
I saw some panels of the manga during the episode discussions and really the animation doesn't compare to the manga art so I'll start the manga from the beginning, anyway hope for a second season!!
Dec 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Apr 2018
CH24-25
The second day of the Geidai Entrance exam is over and as we know, Yotasuke is already done with his exam work while Yaguchi still has a day left. It was a great push from his mom to support him for his last day. Can't go much deeper because I got exams too. Anyway, Yaguchi got praised a lot for his themes and it's understandable because of the amount of work and thoughts he put into creating such beautiful and fantastic artworks. Everyone worked to death in this last 2-3 days and the results will be on the board outside. Woops, no one expected Kuwana to fail. But the results we're looking forward to, is Yaguchi's results. He managed to pass the Geidai Exam, same goes for Yotasuke but that wasn't a suprise. It was great to see Ooba-sensei and Mori-sensei for a bit. They're both important people for Yotasuke. Without them, he wouldn't be standing right in front of one of the best art schools.

The anime is a downgrade, a massive downgrade to the manga. Pacing, animation, cutting things left and right, dialogues and what more. It's understandable for anime-onlies to enjoy this but sadly, this wasn't enjoyable for me. Not looking forward for a second season and there's not enough material to adapt (but Seven Arcs is the best studio ever and they can probably do it).

6/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 11, 2021 8:35 AM

Oct 2017
Very fast paced adaptation, disappointed to say the least. This could have been as good as Sangatsu anime or even better if it was done right.
Dec 11, 2021 8:59 AM

Dec 2009
I enjoyed this show a lot! Especially the Ryuuji episodes, s/he is an interesting character. I hope there's gonna be a second season with the university period, I'd love that!

8/10

I guess the manga must be better with a slower pacing and more detail? Too lazy to read though...
Dec 11, 2021 10:02 AM

Mar 2016
Such a weird place to end. I thought they'd at least end in an anime original scene that neatly ties the season up. Well, it was still a good enough end. The anime started with Yatora admiring Mori's painting. It ended with Mori admiring Yatora's painting.

They cut out some fun scenes, like the one where Yotasuke implies Yatora is a masochist who gets happy when criticized.

Yotasuke is always funny and cute.

Ooba-sensei immediately mentions paying Yatora before he has even thought of money. I love people like her.

Hope we get another season that is of a better quality.
Dec 11, 2021 10:22 AM
Dec 2021
Great anime this is!!!
Dec 11, 2021 10:38 AM
Apr 2021
Here are my very clear and collected thoughts on the episode:

She...wait.. NO.. NONONONO.. I.... UGHHHh...... why:(((((

Welp off to read the manga to see what happens to Maki...
Dec 11, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 2021
like what someone before me mentioned, i was really shocked that kuwana didn't get in TUA! i was so sure she would get in, it really came as a shock D: poor girl. i'm happy for our dear MC and yotasuke though, although i am quite salty that kuwana didn't get in. overall great anime imo, i came across screencaps of the manga and damn, the manga looked hella good :o but as an anime-only, this anime was really great and it's SO promising. can't wait for season 2, i do hope we get it! :D
Dec 11, 2021 11:01 AM
Sep 2015
The last episode is so simple that I thought there's gonna be another episode or sequel announcement following the ending song or something.

The biggest moment is when Yotasuke "get" Yatora's art. Painting, unlike other form of art like film/music/videogame/book, is very hard to understand the author's intention. Some drawings are very lucky to be viewed by millions of people and have probably a few dozen of them truly understand it. And that's why Yatora is so happy that someone understand his art.

Talking about the result of university, I'm also a lucky person to experience such that happiness, even if my university is not in the same league as Tokyo University, it's still the best one in my country. But getting in is the easiest step to hell awaiting in University's difficulty courses.
Dec 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
Yatora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Massively enjoyed this series. Yaguchi, Yuka and the whole cast were not only fun but also had fleshed their characters fleshed out nicely even in only 12 episodes. Some parts of the series felt really weird, more in terms of handling/pacing than what actually transpired but I thought all the school/exam episodes were fantastic. Definitely captured the typical sports shounen feel if that makes any sense for an anime about art ~

Either way I'll definitely continue to the manga to see how Yaguchi gets on in Uni

Those ass shots off the model btw x)
Dec 11, 2021 1:37 PM

Jul 2021
i still cant believe this is really the end . instead of making an original ending to wrap up everything , the studio just adapts chapter 25 normally and ends the anime in a cliff-hanger .

the characters : https://blue-period.jp/character/

winners : Yatora Yaguchi , Yotasuke Takahashi , Mori-senpai .

losers :
Ryuji Ayukawa ,
Haruka Hashida : he fails geidai and goes to another university .
Maki Kuwana : the curse does exist : the 1st place winner of the test in the prep school wont be able to enter art university .
how to solve this curse : the students can just not participate in this test , or the prep school just dont need to choose the 1st place winner , just choose 10+ best art-works or something .

the plot-armors of the main characters dont help them enter universities , lol . if even the main characters fail , then there is no hope for other minor characters to enter universities , lol .
daywithoutgamesDec 12, 2021 4:34 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Dec 11, 2021 1:41 PM

May 2021
Great episode! This was the final episode and Yaguchi passed his exam so will go to university! The manga was better imo though.

AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 11, 2021 2:14 PM

Jan 2019
Satisfying enough, now on to the manga.
Dec 11, 2021 2:29 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was pretty good, it definitely got better than the first episodes where the character interactions were awkward and without much dept to them. Once the dramatic aspect of the art life, its stuggles and suffering kicked in I felt the change of pace. Still, for a series focused on art, more specifically painting, the studio could have done better with a higher budget, which leave as much of an impact as it could have.

There are two more aspects I can appreciate though. Firstly that it does portray some of this struggles in a relatable manner to the point where even I may be motivated to go to the source material to dwelve more into it. And secondly, it may even serve as a push for those who have never really consider giving paiting a go as a way to express themselves. I hope that's the case for at least one person.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 11, 2021 2:40 PM

Jan 2021
Mori seeing yaguchi’s painting was good way to end the season

Dec 11, 2021 3:39 PM

Jun 2019
Really nice ending. I’m glad I stuck around past the iffy begining episodes. 6/10 closer to a 7 than a 5.
Dec 11, 2021 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
I'm happy for Yaguchi he really got his dream come true. To tell you the truth, the anime ended in such a good way that I actually got a little more excited about this anime 8/10.
Dec 11, 2021 5:20 PM
Jan 2021
I might be a bit biased as an art student but I loved it. The manga did it a bit better but overall a great adaptation, I only wish they went for a 2-cour season.
Dec 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Oct 2017
knew he was gonna pass. did not expect kuwana and that long haired braid guy to fail though. the show ended with mori-senpai, the person yatora idolizes, telling him (indirectly ig) that his painting is wonderful. things have come full circle now :) solid 7/10 from me.
Dec 11, 2021 6:24 PM

Sep 2020
Honestly this was a lot better than I thought it would be when I started watching it. I thought it would just be something I can use to waste some time but it actually turned out really good imo. Kinda pissed though that Yaguchi and Mori-senpai just barely missed each other again because I feel like it would have ended it nicely.
Dec 11, 2021 6:25 PM

Apr 2020
Yatora passed the Tokyo University of Arts exams! I knew he would pass, but what was even more shocking was that Kuwana didn't pass the exam.

I like this anime, especially the drama, the drama is really good.

overall 7/10
Dec 11, 2021 6:36 PM

Jan 2010
Thought about writing out a long-winded comment about how mediocre this adaptation was, but I'm too lazy. The 5/10 reviews did a good job spelling out all my issues.

Such a disappointment. Blue Period deserved such a better adaptation. . So much wasted potential. It really could have been something amazing if it had a better production behind it

The anime being on Netflix didn't help much. I'm sure most here watched the fansubbed versions instead of waiting for it to come out on Netflix, but the anime still totally fell under the radar during this season. But since the anime was so lousy, it's hard to care.

Will keep reading the manga. It's really good. Not a masterpiece by any means,, but I would encourage anime-onlys to read it from the very beginning if interested, as the anime cut out so much from the manga in the first half of the season.

As for a season 2, I don't think there's even enough manga material. The manga has also been on hiatus for a while I think? If it ever does get a second season, hopefully a more competent studio and staff will be able to take it.
6/10
Dec 11, 2021 6:47 PM
Mar 2015
he passed and made Yusuke admit that he was good Our boi done good
Dec 11, 2021 7:37 PM

Aug 2020
pretty decent ending. Kinda wanting for more. Can't wait fo season 2

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 11, 2021 7:53 PM

Jul 2016
My boy did it! I'm so glad for you, Yaguchi!
Kuwana failing the exam was quite the surprise tho. Let's hope she can success next year.

Quite interesting series overall. There were some really powerful episodes and I particularly liked how introspective the show itself was with its characters. A pretty decent job in terms of character study, I would say.
Not to mention I also want to express just how much I loved both Saeki and Ooba-sensei's characters as well as their roles as educators. They sure were the perfect example of what "good tutorship" should be.

As only complaint, I gotta say the production values for this adaptation were questionably mediocre for most of its runtime and that, for an anime specifically focused on "art", one could expect a more "creative" direction but sadly, that wasn't the case here. I have seen some people comparing Blue Period with Sangatsu no Lion and honestly, that only makes me wonder how much of a difference it would have been to have a studio such as Shaft behind this project instead.
Anyways, still enjoyed this series quite a lot despite the lack of appealing visuals and immersive OST. Both story and cast sure made up for those aspects in the end.

7,5/10 -> 8/10 - Though unlikely, a second season would still be quite welcome.
Dec 11, 2021 8:20 PM

Dec 2017
It leaves me somewhat disappointed that the theme of Art and University Admission is not used more,
The characters seemed interesting but only Yatora and Ryuuji stayed like that, the others stayed halfway (or left, but hey, it served to remind us that passing the exam was very difficult). Luckily these two characters gave several good moments and a couple of high-quality episodes, at the moment I doubt that there will be a second season but you can never be sure.
The animation had many quality drops but the OST was quite good, it accompanied each situation quite well.

Rating: 7.4 / 10
Dec 11, 2021 10:23 PM

Jun 2021
I liked how they set up parallel scene in the ending that how Mori liked Yatora's work.
I came 💦😣 I saw 👁👄👁 I came 💦😣 I saw 👁👄👁 I praise the Lord ✝🙏💯 then break the law 💲🔫 I take what's mine 🤔<- then take some more ✡💲 it rains it pours 💦☔ it rains it pours 🌧🌈

Dec 11, 2021 11:31 PM
Mar 2021
I thought he was gonna fail then depression arc but thank
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

125 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 28, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2021

143 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2021

219 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

49 by Kayo_fujinuma »»
Apr 27, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2021

55 by Ginsbxnkai »»
Mar 18, 7:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.