Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like an episode down memory lane following Teruto. It's one of the most usual battles in the show imo given the circumstances.

It also turned out to be an emotional too, definitely more heavier than some of the others. Hope Teruto learned something from taht experience.
Nov 27, 2021 9:38 AM

Jun 2021
Stark700 said:
Looks like an episode down memory lane following Teruto. It's one of the most usual battles in the show imo given the circumstances.

It also turned out to be an emotional too, definitely more heavier than some of the others. Hope Teruto learned something from taht experience.
Is this anime worth watching ???
Nov 27, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2021
That's it, I'm rooting for Kikka.

#kikkadidnothingwrong
Nov 27, 2021 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
Hmm, Teruto's burned memories of his past. Didn't think we would get this narrative...

The girl (now woman) that recognized him from afar, she has seen both him and Kikka in their growing-up years while being in the bread business, taking care of them both while they play Build-Divide.

In essence, Teruto teaching Kikka how to play, and this battle while the same ordinary, it felt different for Teruto playing with Kikka's younger self that slowly transpired into the current day madness. Surely that ain't just an illusion from Ishinome's puppet storytelling adjusting Teruto's nightmares to the high ratio of losses, his policy of not losing even once, and even going as far as to hide Kikka's deck in order for her not to pester him even more.

Unexpectedly, this episode hit the hardest emotionally. Kinda be my best episode so far.
Nov 27, 2021 10:46 AM
Apr 2017
KANLen09 said:
Hmm, Teruto's burned memories of his past. Didn't think we would get this narrative...

The girl (now woman) that recognized him from afar, she has seen both him and Kikka in their growing-up years while being in the bread business, taking care of them both while they play Build-Divide.

In essence, Teruto teaching Kikka how to play, and this battle while the same ordinary, it felt different for Teruto playing with Kikka's younger self that slowly transpired into the current day madness. Surely that ain't just an illusion from Ishinome's puppet storytelling adjusting Teruto's nightmares to the high ratio of losses, his policy of not losing even once, and even going as far as to hide Kikka's deck in order for her not to pester him even more.

Unexpectedly, this episode hit the hardest emotionally. Kinda be my best episode so far.

Yeah, the artistic production and narrative in this episode are top notch, also my favorite for now.
eduhunterNov 27, 2021 11:26 AM
Nov 27, 2021 12:09 PM
Aug 2015
Best episode so far. 10/10. Great drama and an excellent way to integrate the card game with the drama and have it be important too. The storyboarding and direction was excellent too. A lot of nice looking shots. I chuckled at how the whole backstory was framed as a stage play.
Nov 27, 2021 1:17 PM
May 2021
Damn, who would've thought that all this time Teruto was genuinely responsible for both his nee-chan's emotional and mental instability. Putting a stop to their build-divide battles when Kikka surpassed him is no biggie - they were children so an immature reaction is expected - but Teruto went to extremes when he completely cut off his love as well as all interactions with her (AKA their entire relationship as siblings). Teruto, my man, TF is wrong with you?
XO2HKIMNov 27, 2021 3:01 PM
Nov 27, 2021 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Teruto is being targeted by the enemy he is literally being manipulated like the own Kikka.

The letters of Kikka are very similar to the bloom same.
Nov 27, 2021 4:55 PM
Mar 2021
Sothat was terutos past, he was really a sore loser.
Nov 27, 2021 6:52 PM
May 2019
Hmm maybe that kikka in teruto's past may be sakura and might be a fragment of kikka since there's a glitch thingy in sakura's body..
Nov 28, 2021 3:19 PM

Jun 2021
I'm guessing Teruto's memory was wiped to set him on the path he's on now, and Sakura (an aspect of Kikka) is there to guide him. Everything is going to keikaku. Though tbh I hope there's one more twist to Teruto's backstory, and that he's only viewing them through Kikka-approved lenses that hide more info about her. She's shown to be a little psycho, so having that be rooted in her past behavior would be fun.

Pred8r said:
Is this anime worth watching ???

I'd say it is. In terms of plot and characters, it's surprisingly solid. The duels are hit and miss, but you can easily watch for the story.
Nov 28, 2021 6:14 PM
Oct 2020
Uh wow I loved this episode. I kinda thought this anime was going to all card battles nah this man legit had an emotional rollercoaster but it seems he became for ready for the king. Im just ready for epsiode 9 lol
Nov 28, 2021 9:52 PM
Oct 2021
Hello, I'm Teruto. And I'm such a sore loser that I stopped talking to my sister because she kept beating me in a card game. I made her cry so much her hair was bleached.
I stole her deck and buried it because of how much of a coward I am. And now my sister is dying while being used by some creepy old dude for his world domination plot or something. Nice to meet you.

On a serious note, I can understand the shock and frustration Teruto felt, if build divide is the only thing he's good at, and with how this world works and how much weight Build Divide holds in this world (for some reason). But fucking hell mate, that's you sister.

Never thought I'd see someone who takes card games more seriously than Seto Kaiba.
Nov 29, 2021 8:28 AM

May 2009
Ah, it was Marie Antoinette syndrome bullshit.
Nov 29, 2021 10:53 PM
May 2019
So let me get this straight. Teruto ignored his sister who wanted to play a card game because he was a sore loser. And the day there parents separated he buries her deck so she still can't play with him. This causes her to go insane. I know card game anime always have laughable plots but this one takes the cake. I know sibling neglect is messed up but this just had me laughing
Nov 29, 2021 10:55 PM
May 2019
Secret333 said:
Hello, I'm Teruto. And I'm such a sore loser that I stopped talking to my sister because she kept beating me in a card game. I made her cry so much her hair was bleached.
I stole her deck and buried it because of how much of a coward I am. And now my sister is dying while being used by some creepy old dude for his world domination plot or something. Nice to meet you.

On a serious note, I can understand the shock and frustration Teruto felt, if build divide is the only thing he's good at, and with how this world works and how much weight Build Divide holds in this world (for some reason). But fucking hell mate, that's you sister.

Never thought I'd see someone who takes card games more seriously than Seto Kaiba.
To be fair Jack atlus ghosted his friends after him and yusei screwed over kalem. Go watch Yugioh 5DS
Nov 30, 2021 12:14 AM
May 2009
Pretty great episode, but I honestly feel some of those memories shown weren't 100% real still. It's clear their is still some form of manipulation going on and as others mentioned it does seem Sakura is closer connected to him. It's strange too when one sees Sakura uses his younger sisters former deck, when thus far every character like most other TCG anime have been shown to use their own exclusive decks. Then her relationship and knowledge with the powers in control, her wealthy status, and her need to rely on Teruto despite supposedly being a professional player herself. It's almost like if she was created from Kikka, one could represent her as the Kikka that grew up normally with her brother still.
Dec 1, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
This could be a (formulaic, but) nice emotional backstory episode, if it wasn't about a tacky card game.

I feel I'm saying this for every single episode.
Dec 30, 2021 6:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm now we got to see Teruto's past with his little sister Kikka during their childhood and how the whole card game started until Kikka's ascension after Teruto left her, but well we still don't know why he got his memory erased even though it's probably how they make him "tryhard" the game to meet the King (so his little sister, again), and Sakura is parallel to how was his sister before and their relationship, interesting.
Apr 22, 2022 2:05 PM
Jun 2012
Wow. It seems I misjudged this anime. It's on fire. That twist was pretty decent. Let's see if they can keep up this pace.
May 8, 2022 5:31 AM
Sep 2021
Teruto won the final chip and got the key but it was taken by sakura because she wanted her wish to be granted by the king it turns out sakura is a soul and her body is taken over by the king. the next episode will be the battle of sakura against the king.

This episode was quite interesting and revealed some mysteries.

I give this episode 6/10.
Aug 21, 2022 3:11 PM

Jul 2015
Teruto was quite the sore loser as a kid, although the little sister going insane (especially hair turning white) is also quite the extreme reaction.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

20 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2021

8 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

12 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:32 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2021

10 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:17 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

17 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 21, 2022 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.