Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yamato and his partner taking are of business this episode. No matter how many times I see it, Weregurumon is such a badass.

He had a short but decent showdown this episode. A pretty serious episode this week too, quite the contrast compared to the previous week's.
Jul 10, 2021 7:57 PM

Jul 2017
Well, this episode featuring Yamato and Gabumon had an eerie vibe to it...with various surviving Digimon with theiir homes down under against the ghost-like Zanbamon.

Gabumon's dreams also encounter Zanbamon and its travesty, and this is an emeny not easy to be taken down, so the evolutions would do well to know more about potential damage attacks...and not even for once to leave Taichi and Agumon out of the lurch, which this episode serves as a "necessity".

Yamato and WereGarurumon put up a hell of a fight against Zanbamon, and finally for the first time, evolve into CresGarurumon, the newest and one of the final forms of Garurumon using the gold sword crescent blade.

Well, this is one hell of an episode.
Jul 10, 2021 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
Not like it's a high bar to cross, but that was a hell of a lot better than the BlitzGreymon episode.

If those crests point to new evolution, what is Taichi's destination? A third mega? It can't be Omegamon since that would require Yamato being pointed to the same direction.
Jul 10, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2009
well at least CresGarurumon got a proper transformation sequence than BlitzGreymon
Jul 10, 2021 10:33 PM
Feb 2020
Can we PLEASE get a crest without Taichi showing up for literally no reason?
Jul 10, 2021 11:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fighting some kind of ghost samurai digimon with some backstory, hmmm, best thing was the evolution into CresGarurumon
Jul 11, 2021 12:07 AM
Jul 2014
NICE FRONTIER REFRENCE........
hmm
Jul 11, 2021 3:21 AM
Sep 2015
I'm actually more excited about Strabimon/Storabimon because he's my Frontier fantasy. In Frontier anime, only Flamemon/Flamon appear, which is the fire counterpart of Strabimon. So it is unexpectedly good to see him in Adventure reboot. Now if we can only get the next form of them in Adventure...

Update: Many people said Strabimon use the same voice actor as Koji from Frontier, if this is true then this is very big good fanservice! Frontier lives forever!!!!
phantomfandomJul 11, 2021 4:04 AM
Jul 11, 2021 4:30 AM

Oct 2017
Yamato focused episode for once. It was quite action packed and we got to see CresGarurumon evolution to boot so a nice episode overall.
Jul 11, 2021 5:26 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Bastiono said:
Can we PLEASE get a crest without Taichi showing up for literally no reason?
This

Also, at least the evolution sequence was properly animated, not like the rest of the episode.

For some reason I thought they were gonna defeat Zanbamon using Smelly Herbs, hmmm..
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 11, 2021 7:28 AM

Apr 2020
I love how they treat the kids on this reboot, like nobody can solve a problem without Taichi showing up.

Cresgarurumon digievolution sequence was ok, and the fight... two "animated" hits, so fast my normal eyes could not see. And Yamato is strong enough to lift that weapon, maybe he should fight too.

At least now we know who's the great catastrophe because of the preview.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jul 11, 2021 7:33 AM

Mar 2015
Strabimon having the same VA as Kouji was a nice touch. It reminded me how Frontier with all of its flaws is still infinitely better than this bullshit. Even that one Gabumon from that one Frontier episode is still a better character than every single walking husk from this show.
Jul 11, 2021 9:49 AM

Dec 2013
Gotta give credit to the reboot for having those alternative evolutions, still falling short about exploring it for everyone but again better than having a reboot that adds literally nothing to the franchise. Just when I thought the show had plenty of Taichi next episode there will be dozens of him.
Jul 11, 2021 10:14 AM

Sep 2011
Can Tai please go away?

Episode preview says no. Let's waste an episode on Tai when there's four megas left and only ten more episodes
Jul 11, 2021 10:48 AM

Dec 2008
Dear people working on this show, Taiichi doesn't need to be in every damn episode. The original, where he had more personality, didn't do that. The episodes are pretty meh already, and then having him thrown in where it doesn't fit makes them even worse.
Jul 11, 2021 11:03 AM

Feb 2019
Not even hating but why does Taichi need to show up for every Cres ep? Like can we get the other characters some 1 on 1 shine for once? Solid episode but that kinda irked me after last week’s mimi ep
Jul 11, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2020
Dozens of Taichis in the next episode. God have mercy
Jul 11, 2021 4:13 PM

Jun 2017
I swear they must be doing this with Taichi intentionally. I was like "welp last week he appeared out of nowhere...will they troll us this week too??" AND HERE HE FKING CAME OMG

At least it made some sense with Koushirou sending him there....

Other than this it was a pretty ok episode, Zanbamon looked cool and the Cresgarurumon evolution was neat as well.

Next week tho...just kill me.
Jul 11, 2021 8:05 PM

Mar 2018
"Yo dawg I heard you like Taichi so we put Taichi in every episode and next week we'll put a lot of Taichis literally so you Taichi fans can get more Taichi"

At this point, I can only guess they're doing this on purpose for memes and laughs and can't get even mad anymore...

Nothing much to say about this episode except CresGarurumon could've used a signature attack, that's all.

rasterman7 said:
For some reason I thought they were gonna defeat Zanbamon using Smelly Herbs, hmmm..
Nice to see a Digimon World 3 reference other than mine. No matter how much time has passed, classics are still classics, aren't they?

People are saying this episode references to Frontiers but I didn't watch it so it all seem like DMW3 references with those Zanbamon, Grizzmon, Kotemon and Monmon.

Jul 12, 2021 1:06 AM

Jul 2012
Can Taichi just fuck off for at least one episode?? This would have been better if he wasn't there. His presence was freaking pointless just like in the last episode. How is he even getting everywhere so fast?? And also why? Live your life and stop Ubering your way into others, Taichi.
And next episode it's apparently about him, godfuck -.-
I, too, think at this point that they're just doing that to annoy us all.
Jul 17, 2021 8:50 AM
Oct 2019
Starting the episode about Yamato, okay i might enjoying this one.
10 minutes in and
Oh my fcking GOD!!!
Why Taichi and Agumon show up again?
Please STOP!!!
This made me not enjoying the rest of the Episode..

Really Toei??? Stupid Ass Writing.
Ridiculous!!!
Next episode is about Taichi again? Please Just Kill me!!!
For god sake, just changed the title into Taichi and Agumon Adventure.

I swear Digimon Reboot just keep making me hating on Taichi and Agumon which is funny because they are my favorite in the OG.
davidyodo24Jul 17, 2021 8:55 AM
Jul 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
On this episode of Taichimon Adventure 2020, Tai shows up in the nick of time to save Matt and Gaubumon from Zanzamon because all of thie digidestined and their parters are completely useless without Tai to watch over them.

And next week on Taichimon Adventure 2020, you guessed it, another Tai and Agumon focused episode because there is clearly not enough Tai in this show. Whit 10 episodes to go, the rest of the team doesn't need any development or their Megas because Tai will save the day!
Sep 2, 2021 12:16 PM

Jan 2021
Taichi Adventure continues on
Feb 15, 2022 12:39 AM

Feb 2020
Again, Taichi's presence was completely pointless just like in the last episode.

Nice Mega, though.
Apr 27, 2022 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
Is there a meme about Tai popping up out of nowhere? It would have a lot of potential
Sep 5, 2023 1:20 AM

Nov 2012
There has to be some kind of stipulation that Tai has to be in everything. I mean he literally appears out of a nowhere in places he shouldn't be
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Feb 2015
What is it with the eerie vibe in Yamato-centered episodes, haha? :D
First the one with Bephismon and now this? Not complaining though, I'm a big horror enjoyer and Zanbamon is pretty fitting for an episode like this, considering the stuff its design is inspired by.
Taichi showing up to save the day irritated me even more than last episode - at least he was irrelevant in that one. I guess Koshiro sending him there makes sense and I really liked that Yamato asked Koshiro for help (cause this reboot is in despereate need of more interactions between the kids excluding Taichi), but couldn't it have been literally anyone else? Sora for example would have been a cute reference to Yamato and her dating in Adventure 02. But whatever ._.
I did like the way they implemented Cresgarurumon though. Intertwining the evolution with the lore of the episode was kinda nice.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 8 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Jul 25, 2020

29 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 7 Discussion

Ishkoten - Jul 18, 2020

25 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Yesterday, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2020

35 by Themeaningof4869 »»
May 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2020

43 by Themeaningof4869 »»
May 28, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

46 by Themeaningof4869 »»
May 28, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.