Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 24, 2020 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fairy of the tree showing as Kikyou explaining about the enemy for the series: Kirinmaru, the head of the youkai and their father Sesshoumaru, and it wants them to defeat that youkai, but they rejected (though Inuyasha's daughter seems to be the only one accepting the offer w. money / seeing it as work).

The youkai that connecting time and space killed and the one who killed it is regretting.

Didn't realize it when seeing the preview last week, but it seems like this is Rin grown-up and captured? Also showing Sesshoumaru at the end.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ek0c3k3U0AAmrEf.jpg

The fight in warring era begins next ep.
tsubasaloverOct 24, 2020 5:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 24, 2020 3:22 AM
Aug 2020
They really baited us with Rin just to show her for 30 seconds -_- the disrespect.
Oct 24, 2020 3:51 AM
Oct 2016
Some good information along with the journey back to the Feudal Era for the three princesses. A somber and emotional start to the episode with the three settling their affairs in the modern day. Setsuna is a prodigy with that violin, hope she keeps playing it even now that she's back in her own time. Moroha stuffing a giant backpack with modern day stuff exactly like her mom did was funny. Love how she accept the kappa foot and made her great grandpa cry with joy, she was getting along great with the elder society there. Towa feeling bad about leaving behind the Higurashi family after all they've done for her. Her tears with Sota were so sad. I hope she can go back one day and at least visit them.

So the image of Kikyo we saw teased last week isn't actually Kikyo eh. The Tree of Ages just used her image to speak to the Princesses. A nice little treat for the longtime fans without actually screwing things up by bringing back Kikyo for real. Unless they go back go the Tree of Ages I don't imagine we'll see her image again. Asking the princesses to defeat a other great dog demon their grandfather was along side. Funny how they refuse, I'm sure over time it'll happen anyways. Seems like this Kirinmaru will be the new big bad. Glad their back in the feudal era now to set out. The little end bit with Rin stuck in the tree and Sesshomaru there guarding her opens many questions. I hope the princesses meet their father sooner than later.
Oct 24, 2020 3:51 AM

Sep 2014
Setsuna in a dress playing the violin was really cute <3
Moroha sure resembles Kagome a lot, a little more devilish, RIP Sota's wallet ^^
Sweet emotional moment there between Towa and Sota and rest of the family.

They finally show Rin and she's stuck in that tree, what the hell is Sesshomaru doing?!?!
Oct 24, 2020 4:12 AM

Oct 2017
Wth happened to Rin? Why is she sleeping inside the tree of ages? Did she burn out all of her life power while giving birth to Towa and Setsuna or something alike?

Also they need to kill Sesshoumaru cause he's upto something bad? Whatever he's doing it's proly something he needs to do to save Rin.

Anyway great episode again, the goodbye scene was touching and welcome back to Feudal Era Towa.

Moroha was really amusing, really liking her so far. Thou wonder where the heck is Kagome and Inuyasha.

Towa's dragon attack was cool. Lol they defeated the root head and now they don't have a way to go back. Thou they'll surely find a way to go back someday.
Oct 24, 2020 4:43 AM

Dec 2014
hmm the story is getting better and better..hmm
Oct 24, 2020 4:47 AM
๐ŸฐKawaiiDaikaiju๐Ÿฒ

Nov 2017
Cue the music ๐Ÿ˜ญ...

...but not really ๐Ÿ˜… Tho there was a subtle reprise of the theme when Not-Kikyo first appeared to the girls, so that was a nice touch ๐Ÿ™‚
gappasaurusOct 24, 2020 4:57 AM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Oct 24, 2020 4:52 AM

Jul 2017
I'm continuing to really dig this trio quite a bit.
Oct 24, 2020 5:04 AM

Sep 2019
They revealed many things in this episode.

Sesshoumaru and Kirinmaru are helping each other and Yashahime’s are the only ones who can defeat them thanks to the time travel. I don’t know what happened to Rin but she doesn’t look alive.

They will fight in the Sengoku Period from now on.
Oct 24, 2020 5:20 AM
Jun 2011
things are getting intresting and we finally knows where rin and shesumaro gone to. both of them are inside the three of ages
Oct 24, 2020 5:39 AM
Oct 2020
hahaha,
there is a bike inside moroha's bag, that's absurd.

moroha give credit card bill to shota is so funny.

kirinmaru and osamu kirin?
coincidence?

and they need to defeat sesshomaru?

another question to be answered.

Oct 24, 2020 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
Well that explains the Bike seat in the first episode lol.

Loving this trio more and more each week. Especially Moroha. She's awesome.

Setsuna in a dress playing violin was unexpected but she looked Beautiful!

Looking forward to Demon Slaying!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 24, 2020 6:28 AM

Dec 2019
Why is Rin frozen in a tree??? She's all grown up now I could cry. Lots of really hype moments this episode. Miroku in the preview so I'm even more pumped for next week.
Oct 24, 2020 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
So I'm guessing it's going to be that plot progress involving Rin being cursed/dying which prompts Sess to go on some dark path to try and find some way to save her or something.
Oct 24, 2020 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
So I wonder what the formula is going to be going forward? Will it be a slice of action life ordeal that involves our trio growing together and fighting demons, refining their strength and growing together as they seek answers and work towards confronting Sesshomaru? Or will we have arcs where we have a metanarrative villain that kinda shadows over the whole series and all the major villains that pop up are linked to said villain with the occasional mini arcs in between to develop side stories and the like? Either way, it seems like this could be a long runner type of series. Will it be 100+ eps? Who knows. But I'm curious to see where it goes.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Feb 2013
Their response was obvious, they won't go after Sesshoumaru.
Oct 24, 2020 7:59 AM

May 2020
Moroha doesn't know who Kagome is, which is pretty significant. She probably as no idea who Inuyasha is either. It'd be kinda hilarious if it turned out that Inuyasha was nailed to another tree all this time. I hope they have satisfying answers as to why the main cast (except Miroku and Sango) are all deadbeat parents.

Anyway, Miroku will put in an appearance next episode, probably in the last 10 seconds going by this shows track record.

Also I'm sad that no one's asked where Shippo is during this. I wanna see the little scamp again. I wonder if he's looks older ? He'd probably in his early twenties by now.
Oct 24, 2020 8:04 AM

Jan 2018
Love the 2nd half. The anime is finally getting interesting. At the end, new clue of whats going on is seen.

5/5
Oct 24, 2020 8:06 AM

Feb 2019
So many great and nostalgic moments today ๐Ÿ˜ญ. Firstly, towa saying goodbye to her adopted family was a very somber and emotional moment. I’m sure she’ll see them again someday, though. Hopefully Kagome and co will be with her next time she visits.

I liked how the kikyo we saw was just an avatar for the tree of ages. I know a lot of people were worried about them shoehorning her into the series again, but this was a cool way to satisfy kikyo fans without forcing it. I’m still a bit confused on why Sesshomaru would be helping out Kirinmaru, but I suppose it has something to do with Rin being frozen in the tree of ages.

I think Kirinmaru is the perfect adversary for a long running series and I can’t wait to see where this goes, perfect way to tie up the story.(hopefully not for a long time.)
Oct 24, 2020 8:06 AM
Jun 2011
TitanInsane said:
Moroha doesn't know who Kagome is, which is pretty significant. She probably as no idea who Inuyasha is either. It'd be kinda hilarious if it turned out that Inuyasha was nailed to another tree all this time. I hope they have satisfying answers as to why the main cast (except Miroku and Sango) are all deadbeat parents.

Anyway, Miroku will put in an appearance next episode, probably in the last 10 seconds going by this shows track record.

Also I'm sad that no one's asked where Shippo is during this. I wanna see the little scamp again. I wonder if he's looks older ? He'd probably in his early twenties by now.
rin seems to be in some kind of stasis inside the three
Oct 24, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2018
Inuyasha was my favorite childhood anime. The animation is great I am enjoying it so far. The soundtrack is good as well. The episodes are so nostalgic.
Oct 24, 2020 8:36 AM

Sep 2016
I can't wait to see Miroku in the next episode!
Oct 24, 2020 8:42 AM

Dec 2008
I hope this will end up with resetting time & the girls will grow up with they parents.

It's very good but the fact that they don't know theirs parents is disturbing for me.
Oct 24, 2020 8:53 AM

Mar 2020
Back to the past they go.
Oct 24, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

So Kikyo was just the form that the Tree of Ages took. To be honest I have more questions than answers after this episode. We clearly see Sesshomaru a couple times and I guess that's Rin trapped in the tree. Curious what's gone wrong and whatever Sesshomaru needs to do is probably for Rin. I don't think I quite understand why he needs to be slayed by his own daughters given that he clearly seems to be colluding with the Tree of Ages on some level. We are definitely not being shown the whole picture.

It was amusing when Towa and Setsuna straight up denied the Tree of Age's request after Moroha seemed raring to go. As was said, I wonder how the wheels of fate will turn in light of these developements.

Still no answers to where Inuyasha and co are.
Oct 24, 2020 9:04 AM
May 2018
great episode we finally got some questions answered at least we know where rin is and that sesshoumaru is alive!! cant wait to see where kagome and inuyasha are also sango too and seems like miroku will appear next week im excited
Oct 24, 2020 9:53 AM
Sep 2013
I found it very amusing how Setsuna grabbed the violin right away after landing outside the tree of ages.
Oct 24, 2020 10:06 AM
May 2017
Please let there be hope at the end no more tradegy ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Oct 24, 2020 10:08 AM
Sep 2016
Great episode!! So for some reason, Rin is trapped in the tree. This is just an idea, but maybe Sesshomaru is guarding her and has associated with the tree spirit to ask their daughters to fight with him, maybe this is the only way to save her?
On Moroha's side, so it's truth, she doesn't know who Kagome is. She heard the Higurashi asumption about her being part of the family and she aceptted it as the easiest way of surviving at the time in the modern era.
I can't believed Kaede doesnt' recognized Moroha at all, it's weird.
ElleHolmesOct 24, 2020 11:21 AM
Oct 24, 2020 10:54 AM
May 2017
Namu12 said:
I hope this will end up with resetting time & the girls will grow up with they parents.

It's very good but the fact that they don't know theirs parents is disturbing for me.

Same I think it's cruel that they had no parent figure in their life ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Oct 24, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2016
Hope I am not misunderstanding facts but what's wrong with their ages?

In the end of Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen, Souta's age was like 11-12 years old and Rin ~11

Now that we get some informations, Souta actual age is approximately 26-27 years old and Setsuna & Towa are in theirs 14.

The real problem is: If both Setsuna and Towa are Sesshoumaru and Rin's child, this actually means that our little girl Rin gave birth in hers 12, right?! Or did I missed something? Really hope that Souta's age is from the second episode, that would explain a lot...
OhmenaOct 24, 2020 11:34 AM

Oct 24, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
Moroha is the best <3

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Oct 24, 2020 11:38 AM

May 2018
Moroha best girl no doubt. This is better than Boruto. Now the real story begins. I hope we get to learn more about InuTaisho. Also, please bring back Sesshoumaru's mother. Setsuna and Towa need to meet their grandmother.
Papa_ScorchOct 24, 2020 11:49 AM
Oct 24, 2020 11:59 AM
Oct 2017
SESSHOMARU NOOOOOO WHY RIN
Oct 24, 2020 12:18 PM
Oct 2020
Omg is rin dead? Poor Sesshoumaru and omg Setsuna is precious when she playing the violin.
Oct 24, 2020 12:25 PM

May 2014
I can't wait for next season when Moroha learns how to commit tax fraud as well.
Oct 24, 2020 12:33 PM
Dec 2018
Deli95 said:
I found it very amusing how Setsuna grabbed the violin right away after landing outside the tree of ages.

That tickled me too haha.
Oct 24, 2020 12:34 PM
May 2017
It's stated it's the reiwa (spelling) 2019 so kagome is 38 and -7 for rin 31 so she probably had them at 17 since its normal age back then

Ohmena said:
Hope I am not misunderstanding facts but what's wrong with their ages?

In the end of Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen, Souta's age was like 11-12 years old and Rin ~11

Now that we get some informations, Souta actual age is approximately 26-27 years old and Setsuna & Towa are in theirs 14.

The real problem is: If both Setsuna and Towa are Sesshoumaru and Rin's child, this actually means that our little girl Rin gave birth in hers 12, right?! Or did I missed something? Really hope that Souta's age is from the second episode, that would explain a lot...
Oct 24, 2020 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
Hoooooly! Miroku next week? I wonder why their attacks have dragon aspects. I'm starting to understand why this "overpoweredness" might feel undeserved to some people, because Inuyasha had to go through particular situations to unlock new techniques. I wouldn't mind if they didn't rush through the "gaining new skills" part, as it was enjoyable in Inuyasha and part of the character development. But I guess Towa is lagging behind compared to Setsuna and Moroha, although that development would also be interesting to see. Nice to hear Kikyo's theme even if it wasn't actually Kikyo (kinda feels like a cheap use of nostalgia lol). Four episodes in and the main theme motif feels familiar already. Reveal of the whereabouts of Rin and Shesshoumaru opens more questions than it answers, as expected. Kirinmaru revealed as an important character to the plot. The age of characters is getting a little confusing, but Hisui's age is a good yardstick as we know he was just burn when Kagome returned to the Sengoku period. Combined with the known age of the princesses, everything should fit right.
Oct 24, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
Another nice episode, it was interesting that the Spirit of the Tree of Ages decided to take Kikyou's form. And the girl frozen inside is clearly adult Rin.

Also, one thing pisses me off in this series. Do the creators need to remind the viewers who is who in EVERY freakin episode so far? Like, seriously!
Oct 24, 2020 3:30 PM
Jun 2011
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Another nice episode, it was interesting that the Spirit of the Tree of Ages decided to take Kikyou's form. And the girl frozen inside is clearly adult Rin.

Also, one thing pisses me off in this series. Do the creators need to remind the viewers who is who in EVERY freakin episode so far? Like, seriously!
this. this is the only thing that annoy me so far in this series
Oct 24, 2020 3:37 PM
Nov 2011
Alright time to deconstruct for a moment. Kirinmaru is working to destroy this timeline, and Sesshomaru is helping him. Rin is currently sealed within the Tree of Ages, and we can assume what Sesshomaru is doing is to save her at the cost of the world itself.

This leads me to believe why Moroha doesn't know who Kagome is. Kirinmaru and Sesshomaru have destabilized the feudal era's timeline, causing Kagome and Inuyasha, who frequently traveled between eras, to end up being lost in time, both existing, as seen by the existence of moroha, but not existing, hence why no one remembers them

The reason why the tree needs the help of our trio is because they possess the ability to travel between time, and this leads me to believe my second point more. Likely, Inuyasha and Kagome tried to stop Sesshomaru from his clearly reckless actions, causing him to remove them from the timeline. He cannot do this to our Trio as they can exist across all timelines, allowing them to fight back.

Things are finally starting to make sense :)
Oct 24, 2020 4:21 PM
Feb 2008
i got it right?? Sesshoumaru not only will be the villain, but also abbandoned Rin inside some tree?

And What the fuck is that Kagome accepted abandon her daughter? Really man, that doesnt make any sense...

Who the fuck thought this??? I am pissed...
Oct 24, 2020 5:12 PM

Sep 2007
Moroha seemed pretty accepting of Higurashi family already assuming she's Kagome's daughter even though it's implied she didn't introduce herself that way (and additionally saying she's never actually met Kagome)

arrrrg....if she's never met Kagome though I have to wonder how in the world she learned to fight/use the bow and using "sealing arrow" similar-kind of moves.....I'm hoping Miroku in next ep might shed some light....somebody must have put the "I'm slaying demons!" mindset into Moroha and ---if Inuyasha and/or Kagome are MIA then Miroku seems the next likely candidate imo since Inuyasha appears to have teamed up with Miroku in the demon slaying business (as shown in ep 1)

And anyone else notice that butterfly flying around the space where Rin appears to be "sealed"? Could that have been the dream butterfly that ate Setsuna's dreams/memories?
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 24, 2020 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
kageromero said:
Alright time to deconstruct for a moment. Kirinmaru is working to destroy this timeline, and Sesshomaru is helping him. Rin is currently sealed within the Tree of Ages, and we can assume what Sesshomaru is doing is to save her at the cost of the world itself.

This leads me to believe why Moroha doesn't know who Kagome is. Kirinmaru and Sesshomaru have destabilized the feudal era's timeline, causing Kagome and Inuyasha, who frequently traveled between eras, to end up being lost in time, both existing, as seen by the existence of moroha, but not existing, hence why no one remembers them

The reason why the tree needs the help of our trio is because they possess the ability to travel between time, and this leads me to believe my second point more. Likely, Inuyasha and Kagome tried to stop Sesshomaru from his clearly reckless actions, causing him to remove them from the timeline. He cannot do this to our Trio as they can exist across all timelines, allowing them to fight back.

I really like your take on this. It still leaves the question of what the Rainbow Pearls are, and deeming that they are called "Raintbow Pearls" it could suggest that there are a total of 7. Who created the pearls and who gave it to the girls? One would believe that Sesshomaru and Inuyasha gave it to their respective children but with your theory, perhaps not.

One thing that the Tree of Ages said, that Rin remaining inside the tree would be best, causes me to believe that she may very well be a catalyst in the way of Kirinmaru, because while Rin does look older, she doesn't look much older than Sango in the original, (That could just be because y'know this anime appeals to a younger audience so why not) possibly stopping time itself. That is a power the Tree of Ages has if one is sealed to it, as in the case with Inuyasha when Kikyo pinned him.

But yes, I agree. This episode absolutely the best thus far, solidifying many plot points and elements. One thing I am really worried about is how the fans' constant need for soft squishy family moments are taking away from the story itself. This story isn't about them anymore, they had almost 200 episodes. But it does highlight the devotion they had to those characters, just hope they'll give the new ones a fair chance without needless comparisons.

Can't wait for the next episode. ;)
Oct 24, 2020 5:52 PM

Jun 2017
Ah so the one in the tree is actually Rin and not Kagome..but then..were the hell is the main gang? But I am assuming they must be together then somewhere.

The tree assuming Kikyou's form was also such a troll and I found it weird why it didn't call out Moroha as Inuyasha's daughter.

Next week's preview seems promising too, Myouga will be back and if my eyes didn't deceive me there was a Miroku cameo hinted too.

kageromero said:

I am really digging your theory, you could be very well onto something here. :D
Oct 24, 2020 6:27 PM

Nov 2012
The only things I can truly be sure of are:
1- None of the girls know/were raised by their parents;
2- Moroha knows of Sesshomaru's rep, but doesn't know he's her uncle;
3- The sister's mother is human; and lastly,
4- Kaede is some kind of immortal sorceress because she looks exactly the same as she did in the first season of Inu Yasha! Kohahu is a grown man and Kaede looks the same. Songo & Miroku's son is at least 16 and Kaede looks the same. Everyone ages, but her.
Oct 24, 2020 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
The professor's name is Osamu Kirin. Hmmmm, I wonder who Kirinmaru is?
Oct 24, 2020 7:49 PM
Nov 2011
SparkleDuck said:
The professor's name is Osamu Kirin. Hmmmm, I wonder who Kirinmaru is?

Oooh good catch! So he's getting work done in the future while Sesshomaru works in the past....Helps explain why you need to deal with both at the same time to ensure a clean erasure of both
Oct 24, 2020 8:36 PM
Sep 2008
HOLD ON O-O HOW THE HECK MOROHA KNOWS TO CALL HER SELF SOTA'S NIECE BUT SHE DOESNT KNOW HER PARENTS OR THAT SHES RELATED TO TOWA AND SETSUNA O-O
IT FEELS LIKE THEY ARE SKIPPING THINGS...

i mean it was clear that kohaku nd isui dont know her as the daighter of inuyasha... and setusna too dont know that like wht the heck is this confusuuon
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 13, 2021

87 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 12:44 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.