Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2018 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
how do you lot feel about this ? On one hand it seems that it will be visually fine. on the other it will further mess with the inconsistent timeline of UC even further.

I don't even know why bother with this.
Sep 12, 2018 3:15 PM

Jan 2009
Recycled_Content said:

for the sake of profit of course

and ye im not gonna bother with this one even if its a sequel to Gundam Unicorn they say

i already dropped Gundam The Origin since it did not fully adapted its manga damn Sunrise
Sep 12, 2018 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Recycled_Content said:

for the sake of profit of course

and ye im not gonna bother with this one even if its a sequel to Gundam Unicorn they say

i already dropped Gundam The Origin since it did not fully adapted its manga damn Sunrise

yeah, it won't hurt to wait and see what people say about it later. better others suffer it than me i guess
Sep 24, 2018 2:01 PM

Aug 2016
I dunno, since its only 1 movie I'd be happy to test that minefield. Granted it seems like adding conflict so soon after the events of Unicorn makes that OVA's resolution seem pointless in hindsight.

I dunno, Hiroyuki Sawano is doing music so thats a plus, but then again we saw what happened with Aldnoah Zero. Not to mention this is Shuunichi Yoshizawa's first chief directing role for any anime project and the added pressure of it being a movie production makes me skeptical.

I'm more excited for Hathaway's Flash if anything but I can't find a translated Beltorchika's Children anywhere. If this was only going to be a movie why not make it concurrent to the events of Char's Counterattack movie version?
Oct 1, 2018 4:34 AM

Nov 2017
Somali_Strawhat said:
I dunno, since its only 1 movie I'd be happy to test that minefield. Granted it seems like adding conflict so soon after the events of Unicorn makes that OVA's resolution seem pointless in hindsight.

I dunno, Hiroyuki Sawano is doing music so thats a plus, but then again we saw what happened with Aldnoah Zero. Not to mention this is Shuunichi Yoshizawa's first chief directing role for any anime project and the added pressure of it being a movie production makes me skeptical.

I'm more excited for Hathaway's Flash if anything but I can't find a translated Beltorchika's Children anywhere. If this was only going to be a movie why not make it concurrent to the events of Char's Counterattack movie version?

The manga is translated if you prefer that but the novel is nowhere to be seen and if they are going to make a movie concurrent to Chars Counterattack I'd imagine it being a for the fortieth anniversary or at some other date, it would make sense for them to make a movie as a follow up to unicorn(considering it's success because some people have seen that instead of the original Gundam series) and save whatever they're doing to pay homage to the original series for later. I get that it would act as a follow up for Hathaways Flash but it's more profitable to do something like this, especially being able to make new toys out of a new movie.
Oct 1, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2016
RapidShadow said:
Somali_Strawhat said:

The manga is translated if you prefer that but the novel is nowhere to be seen and if they are going to make a movie concurrent to Chars Counterattack I'd imagine it being a for the fortieth anniversary or at some other date, it would make sense for them to make a movie as a follow up to unicorn(considering it's success because some people have seen that instead of the original Gundam series) and save whatever they're doing to pay homage to the original series for later. I get that it would act as a follow up for Hathaways Flash but it's more profitable to do something like this, especially being able to make new toys out of a new movie.

Making new toys and turning an anti war story into a commercial. Tomino has been getting screwed by these points from the 1st series lol

Thanks for pointing out the manga btw. I'm confident once this movie hits the air people are going to be interested in Hathaway for sure. Gotta thank that Gundam game for getting me hip to his story as he was such a brat in the movie. Never thought he'd turn out the way he did
Nov 7, 2018 9:16 AM
Sep 2016
Narrative is just going to act as a bridge until the inevitable Crossbone saga/ F91 remake that happens in the next few years. As a UC gundam fan you should be happy, everything they’ve done from origin to Unicorn to Thunderbolt has been the best gundam works in years. I read all of Origins and thought they did a phenomenal job adapting it. The manga itself had so much backstory and exposition that only true UC fans would appreciate, so of course the films skipped over some of it, that’s just a natural fact.

To see them be able to bring the UC timeline to its conclusion in a proper way, and at least redo F91 and actually animate the crossbone arc would be a dream come true for most UC fans. Despite the haters, Unicorn was one of the few modern gundam shows that kept the spirit of the original series alive and intact. An epic space saga to rival the west’s starwars, about hope, the nuance of what “good” and “evil” actually mean, and the stories of a few exemplary pilots on both sides, and their struggles to find meaning in a war obsessed world full of hate:
Nov 27, 2018 9:56 AM
Apr 2016
I am just waiting for a continuation of Tekketsu no Orphans, the only Gundam besides Thunderstorm I have seen... But I am willing to see their new works as well. I will bear witness.
Re:formed
Nov 30, 2018 2:14 AM

Jul 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am just waiting for a continuation of Tekketsu no Orphans, the only Gundam besides Thunderstorm I have seen... But I am willing to see their new works as well. I will bear witness.
You're not going to get anything that's happening with just IBO and Thunderstorm knowledge. This one is way different than those 2 standalones.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Jun 1, 2019 12:30 PM
Apr 2016
lazypigz said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
You're not going to get anything that's happening with just IBO and Thunderstorm knowledge. This one is way different than those 2 standalones.

Got it all. From 00:00 to right now. And it was great getting it. Painful at times, but genuine.
Re:formed
Jul 9, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2017
It's horrible and I'll pretend it just doesn't exist. UC ended with CCA and a nice epilogue (Unicorn). Full stop. Though I'm cautiously optimistic about Hathaway's Flash because it was written by Tomino and is directed by the guy who brought us Ergo Proxy.

-----------

@Rei_III Yeah, I'm certainly excluding F91, Victory, Turn A and Reconguista (it's set after UC so it counts, I guess?) because I just haven't seen them yet. Still, the specific story that NT tries to continue is largely finished and is better left as it is.
St0rmbladeJul 14, 2020 12:55 AM
Jul 14, 2020 12:47 AM

Dec 2015
@St0rmblade I certainly hope you mean the first UC saga. The whole UC ends up with the best possible epilogue.

(mmh... I feel like I'm starting to make later UC and Turn A a bit too exciting, sorry)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam NT Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nayah - Jan 27, 2019

73 by Ten »»
Apr 27, 8:05 AM

» Hathaway, Thunderbolt, and Narrative to get TV editions (Winter 2023 season)

The_Sum_of_Zero - Jan 15, 2023

0 by The_Sum_of_Zero »»
Jan 15, 2023 12:16 AM

» Banhager? Unicorn and Banshee?

Inorichi - Dec 6, 2018

9 by ShanaFlame »»
May 23, 2022 2:19 AM

» Necklace of Jona?

FateX00 - Sep 24, 2020

0 by FateX00 »»
Sep 24, 2020 9:28 AM

» Initial 23-Minute Streaming

LycoReco - Nov 30, 2018

7 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Jun 1, 2019 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.