Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 11, 2018 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Bakugo really got heated up in the fight this episode. GG Seiji.

Shiketsu High School's members are falling apart. Also pretty noticable that we got to see Bakugo and Deku interacting this episode after their fights. Also, Yuga got screen time to shine lmao

Freaking Yuga of all people.
Aug 11, 2018 3:24 AM
Mar 2016
I'm really happy that they closed this episode well. Now we get to see more training in this next arc and I'm blown away how all the characters from 1-A have grown in the short time they've been at this school.

It seems that there will be a season 4 which I'm really excited for. The next arc will most likely be the giant setup and hype.
Aug 11, 2018 3:41 AM

Nov 2015
There is an after-credits scene this episode

Someone wake me up when this test is over.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Aug 11, 2018 3:57 AM

May 2017
the last few eps were kinda meh in my opinion, but this episode was just great. The moment when Yuya tried to sacrifice himself so Iida could pass was just awesome.. everyone was able to regroup again thanks to Yuga's laser! seeing them all work together in the end was amazing.
Aug 11, 2018 3:57 AM

Feb 2013
Everyone passed, cool.
Aoyama was useful for once.
Aug 11, 2018 3:58 AM

Oct 2015
I'm just going to leave this here. It's not everyday that you see this from Bones.

JUUSEEAug 11, 2018 4:02 AM
Aug 11, 2018 4:07 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Nice move from Seiji, Midoriya and Ochako. Taping down their opponents was pretty cool.

Bakugou, Kaminari and Kirishima taking down the meat quirk Shiketsu dude was awesome. Kaminari with the point and shoot electricity. xD
Looks like Bakugou has caught on to the truth about Deku's quirk.

The highlight of the episode was definitely the final moments when the rest of A-class who hadn't passed yet got back together to wombo combo their way to victory. Pretty emotional scene as well. xD
Good job UA!

Bring on the next test!
Aug 11, 2018 4:08 AM

Nov 2016
The last few minutes and the teamwork were great,shoutout to Aoyama the MVP and Iidas passion for his class.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 11, 2018 4:42 AM

Feb 2018
Aoyama is the MVP of this arc lol
Aug 11, 2018 4:51 AM

May 2016
Does someone know which ost played at the end there with the Group? I can´t find it lol i´ve looked through season 1 - 3 complete soundtrack but it wasn´t there...

I liked this episode a lot, Aoyama \o/
Aug 11, 2018 4:56 AM
Sep 2017
Does bakugo knows that deku has inherited almights quirk ??
Aug 11, 2018 4:57 AM

Apr 2016
Awesome episode and that team work was great , specially Aoyama
BRAWLERS
Aug 11, 2018 5:12 AM
Apr 2016
AOYAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAA Finally.
JUUSEE said:
I'm just going to leave this here. It's not everyday that you see this from Bones.

High speed potatoes, mhm.
Daniel_NaumovAug 11, 2018 5:17 AM
Re:formed
Aug 11, 2018 5:16 AM
Apr 2016
bunny1998 said:

The scene can be interpreted in many ways. Basically, all Bakugo did is reminiscence about that "I will surpass you with this power one day" line. Both Bakugo and Midoriya had gone a long way since that day and, if anything, Bakugo started being more openly respectful of Midoriya. But if we take into account that Bakugo is not that dense, and how he was silently watching All Might and Midoriya, it is safe to assume that Bakugo involuntarily revealed to Midoriya that he knows (or at least greatly suspects) he is the successor of All Might.
Just for the drama reasons we can't say that Bakugo knows it for a fact, but later it will of course be revealed he does.
Re:formed
Aug 11, 2018 5:32 AM

Jun 2014
That final scene with the remaining 1-A students passing the first round was awesome. It was nice to see Aoyama get some of the spotlight as he tries to fit in with everyone else. He did a great job bringing everyone together, otherwise, some of them may not have passed.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 11, 2018 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
Aokana said:
Does someone know which ost played at the end there with the Group? I can´t find it lol i´ve looked through season 1 - 3 complete soundtrack but it wasn´t there...

I think it's called Nevertheless, Go Beyond, or is it a different track?
Aug 11, 2018 5:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
RyanWisemanMusic said:
I'm really happy that they closed this episode well. Now we get to see more training in this next arc and I'm blown away how all the characters from 1-A have grown in the short time they've been at this school.

It seems that there will be a season 4 which I'm really excited for. The next arc will most likely be the giant setup and hype.

Wait, Season 4? Is there any reliable source stating so?

Great Episode, overall. I’m glad all of Class 1A made it, I was really worried for a second there when that student from Shi-(...) school made it thinking one of the students of Class 1A would have to fail. I was sure it’d be Laser dude though, but I’m glad he made it anyway.

After end credits sets up the next part of the test, Rescue Practices, so I can’t wait to see how that turns out!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 5:47 AM

Dec 2013
It’s good to have characters like Kaminari and Aoyama to get some time to shine.

Next is the rescue phase!
Aug 11, 2018 5:49 AM

Jul 2015
It really pleases me every time that the history gives attention to other characters besides the main group, this time is time for Kaminari and Aoyama to shine.

I love the part when one of the people that was capture under sero tape complain to Deku that he want to get his licence once and for all like if was Deku fault that now he cant and then Deku say that is the same for him. I mean they are all there for that, nobody personal reasons makes they deserve it more.

On the other hand, see how "mr. friend of all" (Shindou) isn't really that kind and friendly was a bit unexpected... now I am more interested in his character.
ShanikaAug 11, 2018 7:55 AM
Aug 11, 2018 5:51 AM

May 2016
Thanks! Nevertheless, Go Beyond was the right OST, why didn´t i found it myself i wonder...
Aug 11, 2018 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Aoyama just became the MVP of the first test lol Everyone from U.A. made it to the rescue test. Great teamwork from everyone this week.
Aug 11, 2018 6:15 AM
Apr 2018
I really like that they are focusing a little on individuals in the class, it makes you connect with the characters more, i hope they are going to do the same thing they did with aoyama with more characters.
Aug 11, 2018 6:17 AM

Feb 2014
Well, I certainly found the announcer guy pretty amusing. He was all tired and bored at the start, but when it came to the last 10 passing candidates, he was all excited like a little kid! =D

Aoyama was also the MVP of the episode too. I do admire him for his original plan of attracting the enemies so that Iida can pass, but the other students of class 1-A came along as well and made the end of this point of the arc exciting.

Looking forward to the Rescue Exercises next time. =)
Aug 11, 2018 6:27 AM

Sep 2017
Hmm seems like everyone in class A passed. Wasn't really sure if they were gonna do that, but I guess they want to keep to entire class together as they continue on this arc.
Aug 11, 2018 6:32 AM

Apr 2017
Meta_Yoshi said:
Well, I certainly found the announcer guy pretty amusing. He was all tired and bored at the start, but when it came to the last 10 passing candidates, he was all excited like a little kid! =D

He's just excited because he'll finally go take a nap.

Aug 11, 2018 7:16 AM

Jan 2017
This was way more enjoyable episode than the previous two for me. I think this kind of storyline is suited better for developing the minor class 1-A characters, since the stakes aren't as high as the previous arc. I'm glad they moved the attention from deku and other more prominent characters, cause with those it's not as exciting after seeing them face actual villains.
Aug 11, 2018 7:49 AM
Jan 2017
They once again adapted the chapters very well.
Aug 11, 2018 8:05 AM

Jan 2017
Why did they decide to ruin a perfectly beautiful moment... I had a feeling that aoyama was gonna sacrifice himself since he had one target left and then it happened... Rather, it was happening until they decided that it shouldn't happen.

The way it was going made it feel like a more dangerous situation where they were playing with their lives; so it was annoying to have every member of U.A. pass which is annoying since the number of people they were up against makes everyone from U.A. passing a very unrealistic occurrence -hopefully the next round sees off at least one or two U.A. members.

Wow! First time ever that I've seen an epic drop in animation -all in single frame (is this bones' bad day)
tidoesstuffAug 11, 2018 8:11 AM
Aug 11, 2018 8:57 AM
Sep 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
bunny1998 said:

The scene can be interpreted in many ways. Basically, all Bakugo did is reminiscence about that "I will surpass you with this power one day" line. Both Bakugo and Midoriya had gone a long way since that day and, if anything, Bakugo started being more openly respectful of Midoriya. But if we take into account that Bakugo is not that dense, and how he was silently watching All Might and Midoriya, it is safe to assume that Bakugo involuntarily revealed to Midoriya that he knows (or at least greatly suspects) he is the successor of All Might.
Just for the drama reasons we can't say that Bakugo knows it for a fact, but later it will of course be revealed he does.
Is bakugo being jealous of Deku ?? that he received the quirk of almight and is getting better by time !!
Aug 11, 2018 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
I've already downgraded this from 9 to 8 on the beggining of this arc, but I had to downgrade again to 8 to 7. This is becoming a normal show. There is no tension at all. They choose to make this arc only about character fanservice and nothing else.
Aug 11, 2018 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode! The team up was so epic for UA :D
Aug 11, 2018 9:58 AM

Jun 2009
would be nice if 1 or 2 from the class didn't pass. you knew from the start of the arc they were all going to make it, was just a matter of how. just be nice to be wrong about the predictability.
Aug 11, 2018 11:31 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, we're already at episode 18 huh?
Tbh, I had forgotten how all the UA members would pass since I read this portion of the manga quite some time ago.

It's still going pretty well
Aug 11, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2016
Not my favorite episode. Bakugo sure came out good in this episode though
Aug 11, 2018 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
If I remember correctly,

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonAug 12, 2018 2:25 AM
Aug 11, 2018 12:39 PM
Apr 2018
bunny1998 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Is bakugo being jealous of Deku ?? that he received the quirk of almight and is getting better by time !!

I don't believe so. At least, he is being respectful about it. We can see very much that over the series, Bakugou has matured and improved since the very beginning. It is now more apparent that he is much smarter than you would believe, and that this growth will continue. He was able to figure out a basic understanding of the situation simply by observing, and he isn't being very vocal about it like you think he would. He's giving respect to Deku and All Might's bond, and that's a major sign that Bakugou has indeed matured over the last three seasons.
Aug 11, 2018 12:53 PM

Apr 2018
Yuya coming in clutch!
Minori Chihara <3
Aug 11, 2018 1:02 PM
Jul 2011
Figured Aoyama was going to make the noble sacrifice, I mean he pretty much tried to but they happy end'd the whole thing with all of class- 1-a passing overall because of his efforts. Would have been more realistic to have someone get left behind but it's that kind of show in the end.

It's adorable to watch Eraser Head gush on about his class in own collected and cool way.

Didn't realize Invisible Girl had Solar Flare as side power. Pretty useful.

Bakugo slowly letting Midoriya know he knows what's up with him and All Might.

Aug 11, 2018 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Everyone passed right at the end, how lame and cliché was that.
Aug 11, 2018 2:35 PM
Jan 2018
U.A U.A U.A!
youre the best, of the best!
Aug 11, 2018 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Anyone else notice the thick lines in certain parts of the episode? I personally liked them. o.o
Aug 11, 2018 5:39 PM

Feb 2013
I guess people forgot MaL forums was a thing.. when hero aca's newest episode has this low post ammount.
Aug 11, 2018 5:43 PM

Aug 2012
Aoyama is the real MVP.
Aug 11, 2018 6:01 PM
Mar 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
RyanWisemanMusic said:

Great Episode, overall. I’m glad all of Class 1A made it, I was really worried for a second there when that student from Shi-(...) school made it thinking one of the students of Class 1A would have to fail. I was sure it’d be Laser dude though, but I’m glad he made it anyway.

After end credits sets up the next part of the test, Rescue Practices, so I can’t wait to see how that turns out!

I said "seems" because there is speculation. This series has done well enough to the point where I see season 4 as a potential future and they do have enough source material. I don't want to make definitive statements and that wasn't my intention.

There would be quite some outrage if they decided to stop the series after the third season. With it being one of Bones' most popular recent series, I think it would be a poor mistake in terms of business to not continue the series. But who knows, they could pull an Ookami to Koushinryou.
Aug 11, 2018 6:48 PM

Apr 2013
well, this was boring
Aug 11, 2018 8:20 PM

Jul 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
AOYAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAA Finally.
JUUSEE said:

High speed potatoes, mhm.

It's... It's beautiful SOMEONE GIVE THE ARTIST A RAISE.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 11, 2018 8:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
RyanWisemanMusic said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I said "seems" because there is speculation. This series has done well enough to the point where I see season 4 as a potential future and they do have enough source material. I don't want to make definitive statements and that wasn't my intention.

There would be quite some outrage if they decided to stop the series after the third season. With it being one of Bones' most popular recent series, I think it would be a poor mistake in terms of business to not continue the series. But who knows, they could pull an Ookami to Koushinryou.

Oh, my bad then. I read an article in Monsters and Critics and they speculate that the 4th Season will be sometime around Spring ‘19. Also, I agree with what you have to say with BnHA being such an important project for Bones. An upcoming movie just goes to show that. But then again, Bones has Mob Psycho 100 II and Bungou Stray Dogs Season 3 so it might take a while.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 8:45 PM
Jan 2016
Really, I want to cry when Aoyama sacrifices himself for Iida, sacrifice is the most honorable thing I can think...I really want all of the UA students pass the exam...and yeah, they all pass at last.
Aug 11, 2018 8:47 PM
Apr 2017
EVERYONE IN U.A. PASSED!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is s3 better than s2?

_anime_fan_698 - Sep 5, 2021

40 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 12, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

193 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 12, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

267 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 12, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2018

141 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 12, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

129 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 11, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.