Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2018 5:18 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A disappointing ending, I wanted a vengeful spirit not a good one.
Sep 29, 2018 12:56 PM

Jun 2011
If it's not scary at least give us a good story.. I really like this one a lot, and imo it's a little scary too. They didn't leave the entire story vague, which is really nice. This should be the standard of the episodes from now, maybe not the good ending but just how to write something good.

Would've been much better if they showed the husband with a smile on, tears dropping down his cheeks at the end of the episode though when he's laughing in pain of the loss of his wife whom he clearly loved dearly.. definitely would've had stronger impact than showing a kuroneko.

Great episode.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 24, 2018 2:41 AM

Jun 2015
this was romantic more than scary
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 20, 2019 11:02 PM
Aug 2017
ghost stories don't need vengeful ghosts to be good. This was a pretty good one imho
Mar 16, 2019 2:45 AM

Aug 2012
Yay a good one! I was getting worried after the first two abysmal episodes that Yami Shibai had returned to the lows it once sunk to. Season five was a fair improvement over the previous seasons so it was upsetting to see Season Six begin so poorly. But this, this episode I liked.

The most obvious thing is the conclusion. Very few Yami Shibai episodes have a good ending, in fact, season five was the first season to have any episode like that, so this is a rare occurrence. But it's important for horror/anthology stories to have episodes that break the mold like this, because horror is fundamentally based around expectation and if you always get the same conclusion, it's bound to lose it's effectiveness. And I like the switch from to "Die" to "Don't Close it", I like to believe Asami's "Die" wishes stemmed more from his neglectfulness of Tarou even after her death, since Asami died looking for Tarou, Hide forgetting to leave it open for Tarou would be a slight against her when in reality it was just a side-effect of him dealing poorly with her death. Or maybe she thought Tarou did die, and changed her tone when she saw that wasn't the case, though functionality, the emotions are the same there.

Or at least that *was* my initial read on the episode but then I remembered, Japanese is a different language from English. And doing some googling, and re-listening it seems clear to me that Asami was never telling him to die. "Die" & "Don't/do not" are very similar in terms of pronunciation in Japanese, the romanji being "shine" and "shinai" respectively. Meaning the syllable breakdown and phone communication lead him to believe she was telling him to die, furthermore this help leads into his own depressive thoughts of guilt. The episode already illustrated that he had suicidal thoughts through this fantastic shot. Which is another thing, this a great episode visually. The wind blowing all the papers around was a pretty wild effect by Yami Shibai standards, I liked the phone next to the broken picture as a way to signal to the audience and Hide who the ghost was, and the paper flying towards him was a nice touch. I also loved the music piece that played then. Anyway, it was pretty touching to find out the reason she was really haunting him. To be honest, the more I reflect on it, the more I like it. One of the series best definitely, really impressed with this one.
TerrestriousMar 31, 2020 11:46 PM
Jun 2, 2019 7:09 AM
Aug 2016
So a ghost comes back just to make sure her cat can get into the flat?
Seems like something a friend of mine would do for her cat!^^

I liked the episode, it made sense at the end and didn't leave any weird plot holes to fill. Sure it wasn't a scary ending but the tension during the episode was enough I think.
Jul 26, 2019 6:00 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, a Yami Shibai episode with a good ending and somewhat romantic? Nice break from the bad endings.
Jun 15, 2020 6:37 PM
Jun 2020
Good one. A little bit scary, but, just a lil.

Lil_Human_Jun 15, 2020 6:43 PM
Dec 27, 2021 10:51 PM

Feb 2020
Nya! =^_^= A ghost wanted to make sure her cat is okay.

Pretty good episode. I love cats more than anything else.
Jun 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Feb 2021
Wait so his dead girlfriend/wife just wanted to look out for the cat?

But why was the guy laughing in the end?? It felt weird...

Decent episode

Mar 18, 2023 12:30 PM

Jul 2022
DeonX said:
But why was the guy laughing in the end?? It felt weird...

I'm curious too. Is he guilty or what

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

28 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:04 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

18 by Anhahin »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2018

14 by Punkero »»
Feb 1, 2023 9:17 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 2 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 9, 2018

10 by Punkero »»
Feb 1, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 4 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 9, 2018

13 by perdanamenteri »»
Oct 22, 2022 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.