Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2018 9:14 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
For it to end on a fucking cliffhanger... how disappointing.

I honestly expected a tremendous amount more from the synopsis.
From reading the first chapters- I don't know, I thought I'd see a great story with the protagonist trying his best with many hardships and satisfying achievements to get her back, and/or the other heroine to save him or whatever but instead...

I forced myself to complete a kinda bad boring manga.
It was pretty realistic in a way, I think. The complicated feelings of the characters and how they express themselves. But exactly because of that it was boring. Plain people with plain lives.
Emotionally to an extent it was good though with how I could relate the the emotions of the characters, whether it's about love or life. Again, it's pretty realistic.

But man... the protagonist is a fucking awkward boring guy. He's the most complicated out of all the characters with his personality and feelings.
Bunch of very complicated characters intertwined with love triangles... crazy.

I guess it's good in the way that it's making me think and question a lot but in the end it was still boring and bad.
I gave it a 5/10 but it could deserve a 4/10. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't good either.

Honestly I think the only part I truly loved was when Rikuo met Haru.
The rest was depressing in a way. To get his ex back and for them to both be so awkward with each other to ultimately break up again after realizing they never truly loved each other enough romantically.

I doubt that dumbass kid Rikuo will get Shinako. What a retard. That's fucking sick. Anyway.

... Your thoughts?
Aug 13, 2018 3:11 PM

Nov 2016
I had many problems heading into the final chapter but I definitely didn't like the way it ended. A cliffhanger that did no favor for the manga at all. It was a long manga at that too and the author decided to give us such a disappointing lame ending. At this point of the manga, I didn't care much about little Yuu's brother coming back to Tokyo. That was the final pages of the chapter and it just was a slap to the face.

I had my fair share issues with the manga but I wanted to see it through to the end. I had a real issue with the romantic triangles, they just kept coming left and right with every character introduced. The major problem for this manga they spent too much time on building up other relationships that never had a chance nor didn't get enough screen-time for me to care. When it finally came down to the main ship finally coming to light, it abruptly came to a finish. If there was one thing I liked about the manga, it was the interactions between the two (Haru/Rikuo). I saw how much of positive feedback this manga had gotten and I thought I would like this as much as like Hetakoi for an example but I was disappointed. The only character I could say that I truly liked was Haru. The other characters didn't come off that likable to me. Some of them had their ups and downs but she truly was the only one I really liked from start to finish.
Nov 6, 2018 6:07 PM

Jul 2014
Liked the mange as a whole
HATED that kid
LOVED Haru
Disappointed by the ending to be honest, the entire manga I was just reading until I got to another Haru scene I could care less about the edgy kid who acted like a spoiled brat literally the entire 113 chapters. Glad that Kyouko ended up with her man (can't recall his name) and got some closure there. But man not even a cute scene with Haru and Rikou at the end after 18 years?! That's a shame truly disappointing...
Life is something that can never be lived twice. Even this pointless act will eventually end. And while thinking that one day, I'll surely regret its end.
Nov 28, 2018 12:57 PM
Nov 2018
Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! All this waiting and this is how it ends!? This whole chapter pissed me off it would of been more merciful to cut it off a chapter before with the HaruxRikuo kissing ending. All the main characters imo were annoying and and unlikable, and honestly started to root for the side characters to have more screen time instead. Haru was the only redeeming factor to this story but it doesn't make up for that ending and the last pages are about my 2 least favorite characters in the manga too that just hurt T.T
Feb 11, 2019 10:15 AM
Mar 2015
This chapter is basically like the last scene in Harry Potter The long suffering Kyoko gets married. Rui and Rio break up while Shinoko awaits his return. The woman who came to Tokyo to bring back her love bagged him at the end Haru and Rikou have been dating for 3 months She wants him to propose but they are already acting like an old married couple I gave it a 6
Jan 24, 2020 4:28 AM
Aug 2017
Rou is probably the most stupidest guy I can ever think of (ofcourse there are far worse off). The kid is gonna get the same f##king treatment as rikou did and you know what? He deserved it. He was a brat but I really liked how he managed himself after knowing that she was hiding her relationship all these time. He got himself a great girl too but at the end, the manga totally destroyed it. I'm very disappointed.
Jan 31, 2020 7:20 PM

May 2015
What started as an OK manga, ended up being a rather mediocre one... As it went on, the little potential it had dissipate thanks to its characters and story-progression... And yea, that ending, there is only one world to describe it: disappointing.

All in all, this manga wasn’t worth the time I spend reading it... I might check the anime, but with a story and characters like this, well... can’t expect much either.

5/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 5, 2020 10:52 PM
Apr 2020
Soooooo, this manga has been wrote for 18 fucking years and have a such trash end like this? Pathetic
Apr 9, 2020 4:02 PM
May 2015
Well, everyone moves on in their life, for better or worse, after being stuck in their own indecisiveness for most of the story.

I think it was good enough, if maybe a bit dragging on. And like most slice-of-life tales, it ends on an open enough note that I'd be welcome to see more.
Apr 12, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2011
Anyone know where I can find the raws for the new oneshot epilogue released in April 2020?

Ah looks like the volume will be published on April 17. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-18/sing-yesterday-for-me-manga-gets-special-chapter-on-april-1/.157611

But the chapter was released as part of the magazine issue on April 1. Any scans of that?

Edit: managed to read this special chapter by buying the digital version of the Grand Jump magazine on Amazon jp. Cute Uozomi/Haru antics, hopefully the afterword volume will have some more fun chapters.
QuooApr 12, 2020 11:50 AM
Apr 14, 2020 11:31 AM
Sep 2014
Quoo said:
Anyone know where I can find the raws for the new oneshot epilogue released in April 2020?

you could've gotten it from nya by searching the manga issue. it is there. also there is a Chinese translation of it on mangadex.
also if u know jap, did they mention shinako in the chapter or anything relating to her?
Apr 14, 2020 12:09 PM
Jul 2011
I can't read Japanese, but I don't think they mention Shinako since I don't see her name mentioned anywhere.
Apr 14, 2020 3:06 PM
Mar 2020
madawy said:
Quoo said:

you could've gotten it from nya by searching the manga issue. it is there. also there is a Chinese translation of it on mangadex.
also if u know jap, did they mention shinako in the chapter or anything relating to her?

Just read over the Japanese raws and can confirm there's no mention about Shinako. The chapter's just about Haru and Rikuo
Apr 15, 2020 3:02 AM
Sep 2014
Quoo said:
I can't read Japanese, but I don't think they mention Shinako since I don't see her name mentioned anywhere.

lunairese said:
Just read over the Japanese raws and can confirm there's no mention about Shinako. The chapter's just about Haru and Rikuo

this makes me sad now 😢
edit: i hope they mention her in the afterword.
Apr 15, 2020 2:34 PM
Feb 2020
lunairese said:
madawy said:

what is the summary for the chapter if you know about it?
Apr 15, 2020 2:38 PM
Mar 2020
TK96BLACKMAN said:
lunairese said:

what is the summary for the chapter if you know about it?

It's a few different things, but one of them is that Haru feels troubled over the fact that Rikuo didn't give her spare keys to his place even though he has hers. I'm not fluent in Japanese, but I can give you the gist of the chapter if you PM me.
May 10, 2020 3:09 PM
May 2020
Guys help me, Shinako at the end loves Rou?
May 10, 2020 3:17 PM
May 2020
Haneken2086 said:
Well, everyone moves on in their life, for better or worse, after being stuck in their own indecisiveness for most of the story.

I think it was good enough, if maybe a bit dragging on. And like most slice-of-life tales, it ends on an open enough note that I'd be welcome to see more.

At the end Shinako loves that kid, or just feel like a brother?
May 10, 2020 5:10 PM
May 2020
Shinako also never loves Rikuo right?
May 11, 2020 9:28 AM
May 2015
Daphe said:

Just like a brother.

Daphe said:

She may have loved him, but her feelings for her fiancee are stronger.
May 13, 2020 12:52 AM
Jan 2020
Sorry for the inconvenience but who does Shinako end up dating?
May 13, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2019
IstRequiem said:
Sorry for the inconvenience but who does Shinako end up dating?

She end's up dating no one actually... She couldn't really like Rikuo the way a lover would, and neither did he. They were more like big friends, and Rikuo still had mixed feelings.

Overall Haru just carries the whole plot forward the other characters are complex but doesn't get solved like ever. Unlike Minato, Haru and the younger brother who ends up in a pretty fucked up way of "oh shit Shinako is alone i got give her someone, so have this haha"
May 16, 2020 3:18 PM
May 2020
Haneken2086 said:
Daphe said:

Just like a brother.

Daphe said:

She may have loved him, but her feelings for her fiancee are stronger.

But at the end Shinako said that she had a broken heart, i dont understand that, why she said that, Also u mean that fiancee is the guy who dead?? And i was confuse bcs she at the end only thinks in Rou,
May 18, 2020 9:49 PM

Apr 2018
This was a very disappointing way to end this series. Didn't even show what happened to Haru and Rikuo. Yes, they got together, but I was hoping for more scenes with them not just some cliffhanger.
May 22, 2020 7:55 PM

Feb 2019
The virgin DomeKano vs the chad Yesterday wo Utatte. Anime hooked me, read all of it in a day. Ngl the ending is very disappointing. Whatever happened to Rou, I need to know if he had a good ending with his girl. Would also be nice to know what happened with Shinako. Overall, I still gave it a 10 because this shit hits different, but we definitely could have used one more chapter to flesh everything out.
May 22, 2020 7:57 PM

Feb 2019
Quoo said:

Ah looks like the volume will be published on April 17. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-18/sing-yesterday-for-me-manga-gets-special-chapter-on-april-1/.157611

But the chapter was released as part of the magazine issue on April 1. Any scans of that?

Edit: managed to read this special chapter by buying the digital version of the Grand Jump magazine on Amazon jp. Cute Uozomi/Haru antics, hopefully the afterword volume will have some more fun chapters.

hey man can you link me the magazine on amazon?? Need to read that epilogue.
May 25, 2020 12:10 AM
Nov 2013
Well, finishing this manga made me drop the anime. I'm not going through these painfully dragged on stories and characters all over again.

It's such a shame though. It started out strong with fairly grounded characters but then in the second half they were just spinning their wheels until their snap decisions towards the end.
May 31, 2020 3:00 PM
Jun 2014
Daphe said:
But at the end Shinako said that she had a broken heart, i dont understand that, why she said that, Also u mean that fiancee is the guy who dead?? And i was confuse bcs she at the end only thinks in Rou,

In my interpretation Shinako loved Rou even though she thinks he is a substitute of his dead brother and uses Rikuo to get him away from her because inside she thought it was ideal and “Convenient” for her.
zaretballMay 31, 2020 3:04 PM
Jun 13, 2020 7:55 AM

Feb 2016
Well i think most people would find it somewhat boring because it's more realistic rather than being a fictional story from manga

Still weak ending and very slow pacing

Didn't like the sudden shift of the main character toward haru i mean he clearly didn't like shinako but no enough character development between him and haru to suggest that he loves her,
It's more like it was convenient for him to tend toward her after he broke off with shinako
Kja95Jun 13, 2020 8:16 AM
Jun 14, 2020 6:35 AM
Jun 2020
i hope the anime be better than the manga, i think will be diferent
Jun 14, 2020 10:49 AM
Nov 2019
Quoo said:

where can I find this
Jun 15, 2020 7:04 PM
Jun 2020
For those who are looking for the special chapter released this april you can see it in https://mangadex.org/chapter/887470/1 The chapter is translated to EN
jorviJun 17, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 1, 2020 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
More engaging than the anime for sure. Just the fact that everything was fleshed out more was pleasant enough and I liked that the side cast got more focus too, in particular Rou and Rio. Yet after the rushed ending of the adaptation I'm kinda dumbfounded by leaving things open like this, even tho I can live with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2020 9:58 PM

Nov 2015
I'm actually hurting after reaching the end of this train wreck. I'll just say that the only good characters were Haru & Kansuke.

Oct 27, 2021 12:40 AM

Oct 2010
Rou is probably the biggest idiot ever, how the hell do you break up with Rio, how can you be so dumb?
overall, it was a very good romance manga, rikuo was decent as a main character but still annoying sometimes, the ending was ok. 8/10
Oct 12, 2022 8:49 AM
Nov 2018
holy shit, i cant believe that in this final chapter they didnt show us a single panel with rikuo and haru together, how anticlamatic, how dissapointing
that so much time was spent for those two to finally be together and we didnt get to see any of the end result
they hugging, holding hands, having lovers talk, nothing, just a kiss we didnt even see clearly in the previous chapter
i was really intrigued to see what will be the final outcome of all this, and after 113 chapters we are left we so little
again, disspointing
and how the situation between rikuo and shinako dragged on and on and on, with both of them being somehow aware that they werent really in love
but still that no one said or did anything was really infuriating
Nov 22, 2022 1:14 PM

May 2010
The most dull romance I've read in the while, there were no chemistry what so ever between Shinako and anyone lol, the only decent pairing was Uozumi with Haru, and they were pretty much separated in the second half of this series. Not counting like two final chapters... Disappointing, to say the least. Their relationship and growth should have been the main focus. Rou with Rio would be a MUCH better pair too, who the hell would take their dead brother's ex, school teacher who only ever talks about, like, cooking and doing house chores, instead of young, hot model who can take them to her fancy Italian mansion? xD Meh, if only his and Shinako's relationship wasn't that fucked up. 5.5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Chapter 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

5 by Methas »»
Jan 17, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Chapter 108 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

10 by rodmanii »»
Oct 12, 2022 7:27 AM

» Is the manga better? (Spoilers?)

NJGore - Jun 20, 2020

10 by Arturo_Gtz »»
Mar 9, 2021 9:16 AM

» I need help, end of the relationship? Shinako ends with who?

SatriaOkta - Jun 21, 2020

1 by bodlat25 »»
Jul 14, 2020 3:45 AM

» [SPOILERS] So... what happens in the manga after the anime?

Kuroiji - Jun 26, 2020

4 by Kunii »»
Jun 27, 2020 8:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.