Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2018 9:33 PM

Jan 2017
Guys, as I was watching the remastered version of Kiki's Delivery Service just a little bit ago, and I had an epiphany.

Do you think this movie that came out in 1989 could have been the baseline inspiration for Amazon to begin introducing drone delivery services to individual consumers?

Look at how much they have in common, it actually kind of popped in my head as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that not only could this be potentially realistic, but also I realized that I have nothing better to do than think of these types of things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mar 29, 2018 9:33 PM

Apr 2017
Never seen it. Sounds like a great anime
Mar 29, 2018 9:40 PM
Jan 2013
Bezos has 100 billion can't even apply cute witches on the drone delivery work what this cockman doing
gone bai bai
Mar 29, 2018 9:40 PM

Jan 2017
Spades said:

It's one of those classics, old but gold. https://myanimelist.net/anime/512/Majo_no_Takkyuubin?q=kiki

I put it in the same category as movies like My Neighbor Totoro and Castle in the Sky, the 1980s era of breathtaking art and animation.

Mar 29, 2018 9:43 PM

Apr 2017
J_LEE_C said:
Spades said:

It's one of those classics, old but gold. https://myanimelist.net/anime/512/Majo_no_Takkyuubin?q=kiki

I put it in the same category as movies like My Neighbor Totoro and Castle in the Sky, the 1980s era of breathtaking art and animation.

sounds pretty sweet, I'm gonna check it out then thanks
Mar 29, 2018 9:47 PM

Nov 2017
J_LEE_C said:
Guys, as I was watching the remastered version of Kiki's Delivery Service just a little bit ago, and I had an epiphany.

Do you think this movie that came out in 1989 could have been the baseline inspiration for Amazon to begin introducing drone delivery services to individual consumers?

Look at how much they have in common, it actually kind of popped in my head as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that not only could this be potentially realistic, but also I realized that I have nothing better to do than think of these types of things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
never watch the anime but now i want to btw as u have said may be it has something relation to amazon...
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Mar 29, 2018 9:51 PM

Jan 2017
Tomoya1 said:
J_LEE_C said:

never watch the anime but now i want to btw as u have said may be it has something relation to amazon...

I do want to point out without giving any spoilers that this is solely from a conceptual perspective, as the methods of delivery are handled by something that has nothing to do with advanced technology such as drones. I just didn't want you to sit and watch the movie for an hour and forty minutes and get mad at me in the end for it not having drones..lol You can probably surmise the delivery method based on the anime's MAL entry and synopsis.

Mar 29, 2018 9:56 PM

Nov 2017
J_LEE_C said:
Tomoya1 said:

I do want to point out without giving any spoilers that this is solely from a conceptual perspective, as the methods of delivery are handled by something that has nothing to do with advanced technology such as drones. I just didn't want you to sit and watch the movie for an hour and forty minutes and get mad at me in the end for it not having drones..lol You can probably surmise the delivery method based on the anime's MAL entry and synopsis.
ok dokie got it lol now i am going to watch it...also i just watched the trailer and i do find it interesting....btw thank you for saying
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Mar 29, 2018 10:01 PM

Dec 2017
They can create more jobs by making people fly on brooms delivering stuff LOL

I mean, those damn robots! They took our jobs!
"Welcome to the new generation, where fanboys are easy to gain and will defend devs no matter what they possibly do."
Mar 29, 2018 10:43 PM

Jun 2016
It's funny cause it's dumb and shouldn't be taken seriously
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2018 10:46 PM
Jun 2017
Idk, maybe come up with a better bait?
like, come on now, at least try
Mar 29, 2018 10:51 PM

Jan 2017
Long_Ng said:
Idk, maybe come up with a better bait?
like, come on now, at least try

It's not a bait, its a hypothetical "could have?". I made it abundantly clear.

Mar 29, 2018 11:09 PM

Apr 2016
Spades said:

Just be careful you will be overwhelmed of what anime once was and in which state its now.
Mar 30, 2018 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
This epiphany made me cum. It was that good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo no Takkyuubin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - Jul 9, 2008

123 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jun 24, 12:46 PM

» Have you grown up watching Ghibli movies?

Reckless_weeb - Jun 12, 2022

32 by Zombunny343 »»
Aug 28, 2022 1:57 PM

» Moral of the story?

QueenModdy - Jun 13, 2011

8 by HibiChika »»
Jan 19, 2022 12:44 PM

» About the cat.

Sonata - Mar 28, 2016

8 by Rob7 »»
Apr 21, 2021 5:02 PM

» Looking for subbed?

Godel - Jul 16, 2008

8 by Setsuna200 »»
Dec 28, 2012 6:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.