Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Mar 29, 2018 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2560
Guys, as I was watching the remastered version of Kiki's Delivery Service just a little bit ago, and I had an epiphany.

Do you think this movie that came out in 1989 could have been the baseline inspiration for Amazon to begin introducing drone delivery services to individual consumers?

Look at how much they have in common, it actually kind of popped in my head as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that not only could this be potentially realistic, but also I realized that I have nothing better to do than think of these types of things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


 
#2
Mar 29, 2018 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1759
Never seen it. Sounds like a great anime
 
#3
Mar 29, 2018 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 10718
Bezos has 100 billion can't even apply cute witches on the drone delivery work what this cockman doing
 
#4
Mar 29, 2018 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2560
Spades said:
Never seen it. Sounds like a great anime


It's one of those classics, old but gold. https://myanimelist.net/anime/512/Majo_no_Takkyuubin?q=kiki

I put it in the same category as movies like My Neighbor Totoro and Castle in the Sky, the 1980s era of breathtaking art and animation.


 
#5
Mar 29, 2018 9:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1759
J_LEE_C said:
Spades said:
Never seen it. Sounds like a great anime


It's one of those classics, old but gold. https://myanimelist.net/anime/512/Majo_no_Takkyuubin?q=kiki

I put it in the same category as movies like My Neighbor Totoro and Castle in the Sky, the 1980s era of breathtaking art and animation.


sounds pretty sweet, I'm gonna check it out then thanks
 
#6
Mar 29, 2018 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 561
J_LEE_C said:
Guys, as I was watching the remastered version of Kiki's Delivery Service just a little bit ago, and I had an epiphany.

Do you think this movie that came out in 1989 could have been the baseline inspiration for Amazon to begin introducing drone delivery services to individual consumers?

Look at how much they have in common, it actually kind of popped in my head as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that not only could this be potentially realistic, but also I realized that I have nothing better to do than think of these types of things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
never watch the anime but now i want to btw as u have said may be it has something relation to amazon...
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
ITS GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT

THAT'S WHY ITS NEVER BEEN SEEN

THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY,IT WILL BE FOUND
BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

 
#7
Mar 29, 2018 9:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2560
Tomoya1 said:
J_LEE_C said:
Guys, as I was watching the remastered version of Kiki's Delivery Service just a little bit ago, and I had an epiphany.

Do you think this movie that came out in 1989 could have been the baseline inspiration for Amazon to begin introducing drone delivery services to individual consumers?

Look at how much they have in common, it actually kind of popped in my head as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that not only could this be potentially realistic, but also I realized that I have nothing better to do than think of these types of things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
never watch the anime but now i want to btw as u have said may be it has something relation to amazon...


I do want to point out without giving any spoilers that this is solely from a conceptual perspective, as the methods of delivery are handled by something that has nothing to do with advanced technology such as drones. I just didn't want you to sit and watch the movie for an hour and forty minutes and get mad at me in the end for it not having drones..lol You can probably surmise the delivery method based on the anime's MAL entry and synopsis.


 
#8
Mar 29, 2018 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 561
J_LEE_C said:
Tomoya1 said:
never watch the anime but now i want to btw as u have said may be it has something relation to amazon...


I do want to point out without giving any spoilers that this is solely from a conceptual perspective, as the methods of delivery are handled by something that has nothing to do with advanced technology such as drones. I just didn't want you to sit and watch the movie for an hour and forty minutes and get mad at me in the end for it not having drones..lol You can probably surmise the delivery method based on the anime's MAL entry and synopsis.
ok dokie got it lol now i am going to watch it...also i just watched the trailer and i do find it interesting....btw thank you for saying
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
ITS GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT

THAT'S WHY ITS NEVER BEEN SEEN

THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY,IT WILL BE FOUND
BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

 
#9
Mar 29, 2018 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 734
They can create more jobs by making people fly on brooms delivering stuff LOL

I mean, those damn robots! They took our jobs!

Ming_HUANG said:
I think a lot of people are missing the point of this anime.
Bruh it's like 3 minutes long each episode, and a lot of people are expecting it
to be "fleshed out" and with detailed characters, what the fuck?

Started from the top now we at the bottom.
 
Mar 29, 2018 10:43 PM

Online
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 641
It's funny cause it's dumb and shouldn't be taken seriously
 
Mar 29, 2018 10:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 668
Idk, maybe come up with a better bait?
like, come on now, at least try
 
Mar 29, 2018 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2560
Long_Ng said:
Idk, maybe come up with a better bait?
like, come on now, at least try


It's not a bait, its a hypothetical "could have?". I made it abundantly clear.


 
Mar 29, 2018 11:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 13661
Spades said:
Never seen it. Sounds like a great anime

Just be careful you will be overwhelmed of what anime once was and in which state its now.
 
Mar 30, 2018 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 115
This epiphany made me cum. It was that good.
 
Top