Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 11, 2018 9:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, it seems like Tama and Kintoki are willing to end their lives for the sake of the people. And now they've both turned into machines that don't serve any purpose anymore. It would be really nice if Gengai can fix Tama, though I doubt that it would be the same Tama (since it won't have the same memories). Oh yeah, fix Kintoki too while you're at it.

Now with that nanomachine attack, this war has become a whole lot easier... besides the fact that they have to fight against Yato, Dakini and Shinra clans. Best Dakini Hedero when? Well, luckily most of Kabukicho are using a gate to lock themselves out of the attacks. Though, it probably can’t hold on for too long when they’re fighting against the universe’s three strongest groups. Aye, we got a tease of so many different characters that are coming to battle, like Jirocho, Pirako, Shachi, Asaemon, etc.

On a bright side or maybe not a bright side, Yamazaki’s back to normal. It’s nice to see all the Shinsengumi together and working hard for the sake of Edo. Meanwhile we also get to see the situation on space and why Katsura isn’t with Sakamoto and Nobunobu. LMAO, Katsura was supposed to do a stealth attack, only to get captured! Zura ja nai, shujin #3692 da!

Lol, even a gag-heavy character like Sakamoto couldn't handle Katsura's shit. LMAO, that Katsura flashback showing how he got captured was so dumb, it stays true to Zura's stupidity. Maru miu de wa nai ka!! Lol, they even dressed up as stars to hide in camouflage. Whatever the hell goes on in Katsura's mind, smh. Lol, but they didn't get captured by the enemies necessarily, but by Baka Ouji!

LMAO, Madao's also captured and treated as a captured wild dog too! A creature that couldn't protect his loved ones, nor die with its comrades lmao! Truly a pathetic being, haha. Lol, it seems like Katsura's camouflage did work for once! That prolonged stretched out scene with Katsura holding Baka Ouji was hilarious, lol. I love Katsura's acting badass for once, only when against an opponent like Hata. Although, just hearing Hata's voice again makes this episode automatically hilarious!

Rest of Chapter 610, and 611-612 were adapted. So basically, 2 and a half chapters adapted, after last week's 3 and a half chapters. The art and animation quality was also really good. Although this episode had very little action, what action it did have, they looked nice. The episode had some nice cuts. This episode went from emotional, to action-heavy, to comedy... which is the exact opposite order as last week's episode. This episode was probably the best blend of genres from this season. Next episode gonna be a total wtf comedy episode!!

5/5

GoldenDevilGamerFeb 11, 2018 12:31 PM
Feb 11, 2018 10:30 AM

Dec 2015
In comparison to Rakuyou's anime pacing, Silver Soul so far is 5 chapters slower, in other words, Rakuyou adapted 22 chapters in 6 episodes meanwhile Silver Soul adapted 17 chapters in 6 episodes.
Feb 11, 2018 11:55 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
@Uchiha_Shadow To be fair though, Silver Soul is much more dialogue-heavy than Rakuyou.
Feb 11, 2018 11:57 AM
Nov 2013
It's a good thing. This pacing is MUCH better.

And I've always been curious OP, how do you see the episodes so early? Do ya have Japanese tv and know Japanese?
Feb 11, 2018 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
Dammit, Katsura being more and more stupid each time he appears but he still managed to be badass at the end.

Next episode we'll get to know more about Baka Ouji's planet and Shijuku's past?

I sometimes feel like we need a spin-off about Kintoki.
Feb 11, 2018 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

The first half was really emotional. :(

The machines doing their work to give humanity one last fighting chance without any questions. :(
The scene with Tama walking out letting her hair down and thanking everyone who's given her all these pointless but precious pieces of data totally got me. T.T
Need more hair down Tama. <3

I loved the shots showing everyone moving on their goal of protecting of Edo. The battle cries were awesome

KATSURA!!!! That epic introduction, I laughed so much when he started speaking over the radio. Katsura gets the most epic introductions, be it funny or badassery.
His impressions of Stealth were hilarious and that cloak with the stars on it was absolute gold. xD

That ending caught me totally off guard, I did not expect a sheet with poop drawings to be used for stealth maneuvers like that. XD

When you think about it, the title of the episode, "Machines That Pick Up Useless Habits Are Called People" is actually a really apt and beautiful title for the episode.

The PV felt totally random to me. :o
Feb 11, 2018 12:11 PM
Oct 2017
The scene with Katsura and how he got captured was funny, hopefully this arc carries on with some funny scenes, cant wait for next weeks episode.
Feb 11, 2018 12:22 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
@crystalblade13 Live streams of TV Tokyo's broadcast can be found online quite easily. Also, my knowledge in understanding Japanese is fairly basic, but since I'm a manga reader, I remember all the dialogues, making it easy to know what characters are saying.
Feb 11, 2018 12:25 PM

Oct 2015
About the staff and animation of the episode:

- Screenplay by Shuu Matsubara (松原 秀):
Another week with Shuu's screenplay, he also did last week's. Your work is always good and consistent.
- Storyboard / Directed by Hirofumi Ogura (小倉宏文):
He made the episodes 274 (Director and storyboard), 337 and 343 (Storyboard only), it's good to see him in Silver Soul again. This episode was sad, epic and funny. His storyboard was great too. His work was excellent (along with Chizuru).

Animation directors:

- Hitomi Tsuruta (鶴田仁美) (324, 332, 339 (half) and several other episodes of other seasons and animator of Gintoki vs Jirocho):
Animator / AD veteran, his work is excellent and extremely consistent.
- Mariko Ishikawa (石川真理子) (Half of 268, 273, 278, 286, 304, 313, 316, 322, 328, 333, 341. Animator of Takasugi's past, in which he is laughing (https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/33045) and from any current ED).
YES, YES, YES, YES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. MARIKO IS BACK LIKE AD. Mariko is great. One of the best animation directors of Gintama. I could say a lot, but your work on Episode 304 already speaks for itself.
- Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口光紀) (Half of 270, 276, 284, 298, 302, 309, 313, 322, 328, 333, 341):
It stands out for the consistency of its works, always delivering competent episodes. Excellent AD.

Well, do I need to say something?
This episode had 3 of Gintama's best animation directors, this is simply amazing! Obviously the episode would look lovely. The episode was very well done.

Animators:
On the staff of Key Animators, we had Mariko Ishikawa, Mitsunori Yamaguchi and Youhei Sasaki, excellent animators! Seeing Sasaki and Mariko in the same staff reminds me of episode 304. So I do not need to say anything about them, they're the best of the best.
(Also, this is the third episode that Sasaki participates in, which is really amazing. Like SAA and Rakuyou, he is animating almost every episode).

6 consistent episodes, this is really to applaud. So again, excellent work from BNP.
Feb 11, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2015
More in depth view of today's episode staff(like what others shows besides Gintama they worked on) https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/962749390833307648
Sup...
Feb 11, 2018 12:54 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode but for me it was the weakest one so far. Quite emotional first half with all of Gengai's machines deactivating one after another but managed to deal a big blow to the Liberation Army but still it's not enough to finish the war. Lmao Zura was captured by Hata due to his sheer stupidity. Even Madao became his pet lol Didn't expect to see a preview based on Hata but it seems that he and Shijuku's are connected somehow given the latter's reaction.
Feb 11, 2018 1:10 PM

Mar 2016
well,,, now i am emotional
Feb 11, 2018 1:24 PM
Oct 2016
You know, although I love Gintama, I must say one of my problems with late Gintama is MONOLOGUES OVERLOAD, every character needs a monologue, and sometimes it just skips from monologue to monologue, I wonder if Sorachi Hideaki could've done something different to make sense out of the enormous number of plot points...
Feb 11, 2018 1:25 PM

Oct 2015
One of the scenes made by Youhei Sasaki this week:
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/45572
He also animated the scene below:

The sakuga he made was excellent.
The other cut also looked great, I love how he draws Gintoki, his finger-drawing style looks great on Shinpachi, and Kagura also looks cool.
Feb 11, 2018 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
Katsura is a genius, what can you say.
Feb 11, 2018 1:33 PM

Oct 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
More in depth view of today's episode staff(like what others shows besides Gintama they worked on) https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/962749390833307648
A detail:
Sakaki confused the name of Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口光紀) with Masanori Yamaguchi (山口正徳).
Feb 11, 2018 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
The first part of the episode was quite emotional with Tama and Kintoki deactivating (not sure if they're actually considered dead). I really liked how Tama reminisced briefly about the memories she made. The action parts were also really good.

Lol Katsura scenes are always hilarious, and the one in this episode was no exception. He was also pretty badass at the very end.
thebrentinator24Feb 11, 2018 1:43 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 11, 2018 2:08 PM
Dec 2016
Is that Asaemon that we saw when they showed all the upcoming fighters (when they closed the doors)?
Feb 11, 2018 2:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nobraniarcanin said:
Is that Asaemon that we saw when they showed all the upcoming fighters (when they closed the doors)?
Yep, they teased Asaemon.
Feb 11, 2018 2:11 PM
Dec 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Nobraniarcanin said:

But she was not there in the manga right?
Feb 11, 2018 2:34 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nobraniarcanin said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

But she was not there in the manga right?
She was also teased in the manga too.
Feb 11, 2018 2:55 PM
Jan 2010
At least, after 340 episodes we can see Hata-Ouji's backstory.
Feb 11, 2018 6:13 PM

Nov 2015
Damn even though they were robots i bursted into tears anyway. Seeing Prince Hata again is nostalgic, good to see zura janai katsura da is still going strong.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Feb 11, 2018 6:44 PM
Nov 2013
Man the first part really got me. Teared up like the manly man I am. I'm still consistently shocked how they continue to do really nice animation for the crowd fights, and how tre crowds themselves are all traditionally animated instead of CG. You the best BNP. Ending was hilarious as Katsura screentime always is- how can ya be that dumb and badass simultaneously? Even Elizabeth was perplexed XD
Feb 11, 2018 7:04 PM

Sep 2015
The animation in this episode was great- not masterpiece level of course, but damn I got hyped with that action scene!

Katsura and the crew were genuinely hilarious, and I got scared for Tama and Kintoki for a bit. They'll be all right...

Never thought we'd be seeing what's going on in Prince Hata's planet, so I am really excited to see what will go down next week.

@YGP Thanks again for that animation run-down! I can't wait to see what they will do in future episodes!

I thought they were going to explain the whole T-shirts thing from the last episode, so I don't know how to interpret Yamazaki returning to the way he was. I actually wanted to see a bit more of buff Yamazaki...

I can definitely feel the tone shifting this episode, like its building up to something darker, and I can't wait what new twists Gorilla-sensei will pull in the upcoming episodes!

I don't really know what else to say other than Gintama is definitely the best shounen anime I've ever had the pleasure to watch and blows everything out of the water thanks to its sheer badassery.

10B/5, as always.
Feb 11, 2018 8:53 PM

Mar 2016
The beginning scene was really emotional. Gengai seeing all his machines he's built over the years breaking down and questioning why they break down silently without saying a word was really sad. Tama-chan :'(

Really liked the Kintoki scene as well. Glad they'll be alright later though.

I love that tease we got when Otae was talking about how there would be no need for communication and we got to see various character like Gedomaru, Asaemon, Pirako, Jirocho and Shachi coming to battle. Especially loved seeing Asaemon and Pirako/Jirocho (Even if it was for a second) as they were one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite arcs in this series :D

Katsura always cracks me up LOOOL.
"I'm not Zura. I'm inmate number 3692"
"I'm not 3692. I'm Katsura"
xDD
And seeing Hata again haha. Wasn't expecting to see a preview that seems to be based on Hata.

5/5
Looking forward to the next episode!

Feb 11, 2018 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
ok nice emotional episode...and then there is katsura who is stupid and madao... who became the madao because of the stupid baka alien and now he is even treated like a pet by him...Irony
Feb 11, 2018 9:44 PM

Jul 2017
Is there any info about the seiyuu of Soutatsu and Ougai?

EDIT :

- Ougai : Masami Iwasaki (Koji Kuroki - Eyeshield 21, Norway - Hetalia, ZZ - JJBA: Stardust Crusaders, Iemitsu Sawada - Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Wakashi Hiyoshi - New Prince of Tennis)
https://myanimelist.net/people/710/Masami_Iwasaki

- Soutatsu : Masayuki Katou (Demiurge - Overlord, Kenji Makabe - Uchuu Kyoudai, Schmitt - Sword Art Online, Young Hagoromo & Young Danzo - Naruto)
https://myanimelist.net/people/102/Masayuki_Katou
gilanggifari02Feb 13, 2018 3:43 AM
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Feb 11, 2018 11:43 PM

Jul 2015
gilanggifari02 said:
look at the link I posted with Sakaki
Sup...
Feb 11, 2018 11:43 PM

Jul 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
gilanggifari02 said:
look at the link I posted with Sakaki

Yeah, i just edited my post. Thanks.
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Feb 12, 2018 1:50 AM

Aug 2015
We begin with more Tama and Kintoki feels and we continue with some Katsura GREATNESS !! The whole scene that showed us how he was captured was hilarious. (also, the scene where we see more old characters moving towards Kabuki to help the heroes was really epic !!) Seems that we'll finally learn more about Hata and his planet !
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Feb 12, 2018 6:26 AM

Oct 2015
This is getting more and more interesting.

The drama about the robots seemed a bit weird for me. I'd expect them to just run out of energy. Apparently they also became broken.

The scene where Katsura didn't understand how stealth works and turned off everything to camouflage themselves even more, I thought he'd accidentally turn off their stealth system as well.

When you are the reinforcement for a war, and you get caught by a space-zoo. That's Gintama!
Feb 12, 2018 7:40 AM

Feb 2013
Tama made me cry, damn.
Lol, Katsura really knows what stealth means.
Feb 12, 2018 7:54 AM

Jan 2017
This season reminds me so much of 2nd movie. Most of characters are dumped into one place, kinda weak so far
Feb 12, 2018 9:53 AM
Aug 2016
The first half of this episode is the best part of the arc so far. Tama made me cry :'(
Feb 12, 2018 10:10 AM
Mar 2015
The Joi disguised as poop was hilarious Had to cry for Tama's sacrifice. The title " Machines that pick up bad habits are called people " was so true.
Feb 12, 2018 11:01 AM

Jul 2015
A truly fantastic episode that captured the essence of Gintama as it really is. BNP did a great job with the animation and the use of the OSTs was on point. A truly commendable job.

This is one of the many episodes about which you can easily make the remark "as Gintama as it can be".

R.I.P pure soul, Tama.
R.I.P Kiintoki, too.
Feb 12, 2018 11:18 AM

Nov 2007
Why is this anime so damn good?! Nothing even come close! It can make you cry and start laughing in matter of minutes within the same episode!

Come fight me because I will say this time and again: Gintama is the greatest shounen anime and the greatest long running anime of all time.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2018 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
They're coming home !

Kyubei, Tsukuyo, Gedoumaru & Seimei, ASAEMON!!!!, Pirako & Jirochou..... but hmmm who's the guy in the grey sleeveless. Anyone know, can't seem to rmbr..
Feb 12, 2018 3:08 PM
Aug 2013
herrickluk said:
They're coming home !

Kyubei, Tsukuyo, Gedoumaru & Seimei, ASAEMON!!!!, Pirako & Jirochou..... but hmmm who's the guy in the grey sleeveless. Anyone know, can't seem to rmbr..

I'm not sure but i think it's Otsu's father.
Feb 12, 2018 3:12 PM
Aug 2013
She was also teased in the manga too.[/quote]

Ah ? I was thinking "Damn, they teased us by showing some characters coming !" x)
Feb 12, 2018 3:15 PM
Aug 2013
Even if i already know what was going to happen, it didn't keeping me from crying like a river. Ah, Tama...

It seems i'm wrong but, too bad they did show the return of some characters. It would have been better to keep the element of surprise.
Feb 12, 2018 4:46 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
herrickluk said:
They're coming home !

Shachi, from the episodes where Katsura goes to jail and Gintoki goes to jail. He's the only one that cuts off their prison's clothes' sleeves.
Feb 12, 2018 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
GoldenDevilGamer said:
herrickluk said:
They're coming home !

Shachi, from the episodes where Katsura goes to jail and Gintoki goes to jail. He's the only one that cuts off their prison's clothes' sleeves.

Yeah. He is fun. I still remember the awesome speech by Katsura when he got caught to revolutionize Hell. The ending left me with stomachache from uncontrollable laughter. Also the awesome Bakuman reference arc. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2018 7:13 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
shanimebib said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Yeah. He is fun. I still remember the awesome speech by Katsura when he got caught to revolutionize Hell. The ending left me with stomachache from uncontrollable laughter. Also the awesome Bakuman reference arc. :D
Shachi's tsundere-type behavior and blushing when Katsura questions his sleeves XD
Feb 12, 2018 11:28 PM

Dec 2013
I pray that he can fix Tama! The final smile was beautiful.

Based Katsura got captured.
Feb 13, 2018 1:28 AM

Sep 2015
A heartwrenching scene with Tama ;_;

Later on Katsura totally steals the show once again xD
Feb 13, 2018 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
MrMik1995 said:
YGP said:
About the staff and animation of the episode:

- Screenplay by Shuu Matsubara (松原 秀):
Another week with Shuu's screenplay, he also did last week's. Your work is always good and consistent.
- Storyboard / Directed by Hirofumi Ogura (小倉宏文):
He made the episodes 274 (Director and storyboard), 337 and 343 (Storyboard only), it's good to see him in Silver Soul again. This episode was sad, epic and funny. His storyboard was great too. His work was excellent (along with Chizuru).

Animation directors:

- Hitomi Tsuruta (鶴田仁美) (324, 332, 339 (half) and several other episodes of other seasons and animator of Gintoki vs Jirocho):
Animator / AD veteran, his work is excellent and extremely consistent.
- Mariko Ishikawa (石川真理子) (Half of 268, 273, 278, 286, 304, 313, 316, 322, 328, 333, 341. Animator of Takasugi's past, in which he is laughing (https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/33045) and from any current ED).
YES, YES, YES, YES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. MARIKO IS BACK LIKE AD. Mariko is great. One of the best animation directors of Gintama. I could say a lot, but your work on Episode 304 already speaks for itself.
- Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口光紀) (Half of 270, 276, 284, 298, 302, 309, 313, 322, 328, 333, 341):
It stands out for the consistency of its works, always delivering competent episodes. Excellent AD.

Well, do I need to say something?
This episode had 3 of Gintama's best animation directors, this is simply amazing! Obviously the episode would look lovely. The episode was very well done.

Animators:
On the staff of Key Animators, we had Mariko Ishikawa, Mitsunori Yamaguchi and Youhei Sasaki, excellent animators! Seeing Sasaki and Mariko in the same staff reminds me of episode 304. So I do not need to say anything about them, they're the best of the best.
(Also, this is the third episode that Sasaki participates in, which is really amazing. Like SAA and Rakuyou, he is animating almost every episode).

6 consistent episodes, this is really to applaud. So again, excellent work from BNP.

Can you give me more details about which people I should thank for great episodes like 304-305,308,314,326,328?
Tried looking them up but didn't get any results.

304:
Episode 304 is probably Gintama's most important episode, so they put a lot of effort into it.
- Screenplay by Taku Kishimoto (岸 本 卓):
He is famous for works like Haikyuu !! and Boku Dake. But his best work for sure was in those two episodes, 304 and 305.
- Director: Tomoaki Koshida (越 田 知 明).
I do not have much to talk about him, but he did a good job here, in addition, he is also the director of episode 314.
- Storyboard by Susumu Nishizawa (西澤 晋):
One of the strongest points of the episode. A veteran who is accustomed to action. His storyboard made the episode have absurd sequences of animation.

ADs:
- Mariko Ishikawa (石川 真理 子)
- Nireki Tetsurou (楡 木 哲 郎)
AD Assistant:
- Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口 光 紀)

The first half is supervised by Nireki, already in this part we have some very good cuts, all of them are already in the SakugaBooru. Highlight for Chizuru's finger in this part. She loves to do fights at a distance.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/33010
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/35368

Second half of the episode (From flashback forward) is supervised by Mariko. At this point, Mariko shows her best, the characters are extremely well designed and beautiful.

In this part, we have several cuts from Youhei Sasaki, who thanks to the storyboard of Nishizawa, managed to deliver his best.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/33008
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/33009

Finally, Mariko animated the final scene of the flashback of this episode, giving the full weight.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/33045

305:
- Screenplay by Taku Kishimoto (岸 本 卓): Again.
- Storyboard by Chizuru Miyawaki (宮 脇 千 鶴): Director of Gintama.
- Director: Shouji Ikeno (池 野 昭 二)

ADs:
- Nakamura Yumi (中 村 ユ ミ):
She is a multi-episode AD but is best known for her work making the Gintama promotional images that come out in the magazines.
- Hiromi Suzuki (鈴木 ひ ろ み): Veteran
- Keiichiro Honjo (本 城 恵 一 朗): Excellent animator, unfortunately freelancer.

Again, we had cuts from Sasaki.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/35363

The scene of the exchange of punches and kicks of Gintoki and Takasugi was animated by Honjo.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/35364

308:
- Screenplay by Taku Kishimoto (岸 本 卓): AGAIN
- Storboarder / Director: Tomoka Nagaoka (永 岡 智 佳)

ADs:
- Tomoko Tanaka (田中智 子): You've worked with Gintama before.
- Rin Riku (凌空 凛): Works at Sunrise. It does not have many works, it was one of the ADs of episode 299.
- Satomi Miyazaki (宮 崎 里 美): You have done good things and bad things.
AD Assistant:
- Nireki Tetsurou (楡 木 哲 郎).

I do not have much to talk about the episode, except it was well done.
Youhei Sasaki was also the animator of this episode:

314: This episode was kind of inconsistent, but it's compensible because of the absurd amount of people working on it.
- Screenplay by Shuu Matsubara (松原 秀): I've talked about him before, even on that topic.
- Storyboard / Director: Tomoaki Koshida (越 田 知 明):
Same director of 304. His storyboard was excellent here, Gintoki vs Utsuro got incredible.

ADs:
- Daisuke Tsumagari (津 曲 大 介): Known for his work on Pierrot with Naruto.
- Rie Nakajima (中 島 里 恵): Worked on 280, 297, 303, 310 (together with other ADs)
- Kenichi Shima (嶋 謙 一) (Half of 276, 298, 303, 314, 317, 323, 328, 331, 336, 344): Assistant in the recent and excellent episode 345.

ADs Assistant:
- Satomi Miyazaki (宮 崎 里 美)
- Dai Imaoka (今 岡 大): Veteran, has been in Gintama since the first season.
- Issei Hasegawa (長谷川 一生) (Half of 303, 312, 319, 324, 336, 344): I always classify it as "ok". His work is usually not very consistent, but he did well in episode 344.

Youhei Sasaki was here again. He made the scene that Gintoki runs to Utsuro (https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/43881), in addition to the scenes below:

Keiichiro Honjo was in this episode as well, he enlivened the fight between Gintoki and Utsuro.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/43880

Let me take a deep breath.
326: This episode is special. Rakuyou had several production problems, and this, along with the episode of the Katsura fight, are the most difficult episodes to produce. For this episode to be good, a lot of staff has been moved to it, so come on:

- Screenplay by Shuu Matsubara (松原 秀)
- Storyboard / Director: Yasuhiro Minami (When he is working on Gintama, he credits himself with "み な み や す ひ ろ", but his real name is 南康 宏): Veteran director, has been in Gintama since the first season. He also did the script and directed the ep 342, the first of Silver Soul.

ADs:
- Tomoko Tanaka (田中智 子)
- Hiromi Suzuki (鈴木 ひ ろ み)
- Hirokazu Hisayuki (久 行 宏 和): Sunrise veteran with experience in several anime. It has a page on Wikipedia as well.
- Nakamura Yumi (中 村 ユ ミ)

ADs Assistant:
- Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口 光 紀).

A gigantic staff, but with good names. This episode really was complicated to produce, however, with good ADs in the project, it did very well.

Youhei Sasaki worked on the first scene of the fight between Kamui and Gintoki.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/31353

Nakamura Yumi animated the scene below:

Finally, 328:
- Screenplay by Shuu Matsubara (松原 秀)
- Storyboard by Chizuru Miyawaki (宮 脇 千 鶴)
- Directed by Shuuji Miyahara (宮 原 秀 二): Did the storyboard and directed the episode 345, it is incredible!

ADs:
- Mariko Ishikawa (石川 真理 子)
- Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口 光 紀)
- Satomi Miyazaki (宮 崎 里 美)
- Kenichi Shima (嶋 謙 一)

ADs Assistant:
Masudani Yuki (升 谷 由 紀): Animator of Sunrise who worked on Gintama in the past and also on Gintama °.

Youhei Sasaki was also here, enlivened the fight in flashback of Gintoki vs. Shouyou.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/37570

After 3 hours researching and writing this:
Conclusion: You will have to thank the same people several times. Mariko, Mitsunori, Kenichi, Shuu, Chizuru, Satomi, Tomoko Tanaka. They participated in the best episodes. Of course, Youhei Sasaki for being the slave of the animation of Gintama, because all the episodes that you spoke, he participated as an animator.

Hope this helps.
Feb 13, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
Although the first segment of the episode was heart-wrenching, the second segment...

God damn it, Katsura...

At least they took the time to elaborate his misgivings in great detail. I completely lost my composure and burst out laughing as Joi rebels decided to conceal themselves by using such an inherently low-tech method. Crashing into a hostile ship while being utterly stealthy was the icing on the cake.

It seems that all is not lost yet.
Feb 13, 2018 10:00 PM

Jan 2018
I've missed you Zuraaaa! Finally, you weren't on a standby anymore. Lol!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 25, 2018

127 by tomoe22 »»
May 11, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 25, 2018

141 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 28, 2018

134 by tomoe22 »»
May 8, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 7, 2018

218 by tomoe22 »»
May 6, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 18, 2018

78 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.