Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 6, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2014
This prequel is really good
Why isnt it popular?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 6, 2015 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Because Kizumonogatari is coming.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2015 12:43 PM

May 2014
So couse the prequel of the prequel is coming people arent interested in Nekomonogatari?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
Nov 6, 2015 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
Second Season overshadowed it because it was better and now with Kizu coming it's going to get even more overshadowed.
Nov 6, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
It's because they watched it already.
It's also short(and aired basically 1 day).
It's been three years since so you'll rarely see people talk about it nowadays.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2015 12:49 PM

May 2014
Ah...
But its a shame
It really is good
Nov 6, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
I found it to be better than nisemonogatari :P
But yeah the hype dies down after a while. It's been ages since that aired.

Nov 6, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
It's honestly a bit of a mystery. It's understandable when something like Hana doesn't get that much attention or good reception because it's a bit different from the rest of Monogatari but Neko: Kuro still features Araragi and our sexy cat lady with quite a strong story about her past. Maybe it's because it's not a full season and some people just thought it's something like an OVA or something.
Nov 6, 2015 3:17 PM

Jul 2014
CrotakuShinobi said:
Why isnt it popular?

Why do you think?
Nov 6, 2015 3:18 PM
Nov 7, 2015 6:28 AM

May 2014
Ckan said:
Because Cat's the worst girl. Duh.

Cat girls are awsome
Nov 7, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2014
CrotakuShinobi said:
Ckan said:

Cat girls are awsome

Especialy white hair ones
Nov 16, 2015 12:06 AM

May 2014
Bump
Dec 30, 2015 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
How is it not popular? Are you out of your mind?

Dec 30, 2015 6:43 AM

May 2014
ExTamplier said:
How is it not popular? Are you out of your mind?

I said it isnt popular hust that compared to the other Monogatari anime Nekomonogatari Kuro dosent get much attention
Jan 1, 2016 7:17 AM

Aug 2014
It's just already old. I think it was popular back in the days.
sup
Jan 2, 2016 8:33 AM

May 2014
keimaconquesta said:
It's just already old. I think it was popular back in the days.

Yeah thats true, every anime is popular when it comes out
Jan 4, 2016 5:14 PM

Jul 2015
Or it's not popular because it's just a longer version of the flashbacks we already saw in Bakemonogatari when we were seeing the Neko. This didn't really go into anything new for the series, instead just padding out scenes we had already seen.

I also think Hanekawa is probably the worst character of the series so that's one reason I think it's bad. This prequel is just wanking off her character and repeatedly praising how amazing she is, so much so that she makes the Neko as strong as a vampire just out of how amazing she is as a person.

Everyone has their favourite characters. This is a prequel so the majority of the characters aren't in it, so a lot of folks don't care about it because their favourite characters aren't in it or aren't prominent. Oshino was back but that's pretty much it. This only had Araragi (main character so always around), Karen (Main character in Nise), Tsuki (Main character in Nise), Shinobu (Main character in Nise) and Hanekawa (shit).

If any of these characters are someone's favourites (I personally really like Karen), you would just watch the arc based on them over this since they are pretty much pointless in this.
Jan 14, 2016 5:28 AM

May 2014
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
Or it's not popular because it's just a longer version of the flashbacks we already saw in Bakemonogatari when we were seeing the Neko. This didn't really go into anything new for the series, instead just padding out scenes we had already seen.

I also think Hanekawa is probably the worst character of the series so that's one reason I think it's bad. This prequel is just wanking off her character and repeatedly praising how amazing she is, so much so that she makes the Neko as strong as a vampire just out of how amazing she is as a person.

Everyone has their favourite characters. This is a prequel so the majority of the characters aren't in it, so a lot of folks don't care about it because their favourite characters aren't in it or aren't prominent. Oshino was back but that's pretty much it. This only had Araragi (main character so always around), Karen (Main character in Nise), Tsuki (Main character in Nise), Shinobu (Main character in Nise) and Hanekawa (shit).

If any of these characters are someone's favourites (I personally really like Karen), you would just watch the arc based on them over this since they are pretty much pointless in this.

This might be true, it is basecly flashbacks
Jan 31, 2016 8:12 AM

May 2014
Bump
P.S. How much longer do you think the Monogatari series will last?
Jan 31, 2016 8:14 AM

Jun 2014
It was my favorite gatari, people just rate it lower than the others because they're dumbasses who only saw the half naked cat girl and rated it lower than the others.
Jan 31, 2016 8:17 AM

Sep 2014
because it's focused on the worst character
Jan 31, 2016 8:27 AM

Sep 2015
It's really short, so it makes sense it would get less attention. It's just one singular character arc, whereas Bake, Second and Nise are all multiple character arcs. If Hanekawa isn't someone's favourite then they won't talk about it as much as the other character arcs that do include their favourites.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 16, 2016 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
Bumping isn't allowed. Stop it, OP.
Feb 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Nov 2014
What are you talking about, this is the core of the show.

Feb 19, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2014
I kind of liked the whole cat thing
But that might just be because I like girls with white hair
Mar 8, 2016 9:25 AM

May 2014
Maybe this should be a movie
Mar 8, 2016 9:30 AM

May 2015
Not enough people like Hanekawa, which is stupid because she's best girl
Aug 29, 2017 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
I disliked it because I felt the reason for not liking hanekawa felt extremely forced and just for the sake of his -future- relationship with senjougahara. doesn't make much sense to me at least...
Aug 29, 2017 11:41 AM

Jun 2016
It's probably my least favorite in the Bakemonogatari franchise.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Sep 7, 2017 11:40 PM

Jan 2015
because hanekawa is shit
Apr 5, 2018 4:30 AM
TMNT Lover

Oct 2017
Ckan said:

Because the fandom is filled with trash who think Senjougahara is best girl.
Apr 5, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2013
Because Kanbaru is best girl, followed by Karen.
Oct 12, 2020 2:02 AM

Aug 2019
Should be considering Hanekawa is best girl
Jul 14, 2021 5:21 AM

Aug 2020
I too wonder why. Probably because it only has 4 episodes.
Idk why people are hating on Hanekawa in this thread.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

267 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

122 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

122 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

154 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 3:05 AM

» explain pls

Tauronek - Sep 6, 2017

5 by Rob7 »»
Nov 8, 2022 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.