Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2015 7:17 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, power rangers parody. Low budget beam? A mecha? Really now? LOL
Feb 10, 2015 7:37 PM
Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
Lol, power rangers parody. Low budget beam? A mecha? Really now? LOL

Reminds me of those old mastercard commercials: WUG ZOO episode 9, 50,000 dollars, when their "low budget beam" knocked over the mecha (which was only just an panel board of the lower leg of the robot), priceless....

Great episode. Loved when they snuffed their song writers because they couldn't afford to pay them. And then attacked their producer "just because". And the scenes where various main characters were done in panels because obviously they couldn't afford to draw them properly. Classic.

These shorts capture the love I had for the show at the start. Please give a second season, but god sake, let them go dark.
Feb 10, 2015 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
Lol, power rangers parody.

Lol @ that low budget beam attack and mecha part.
Feb 10, 2015 8:45 PM

May 2011
Low budget beam attack? Well, at least they acknowledge their own weaknesses. Hopefully the 2nd movie gives them a better spark.
Feb 10, 2015 11:59 PM

Feb 2013
Haha, love how everyone except three (or four if you count the fan) people were cardboard cutouts. Low budget indeed.
Feb 11, 2015 12:18 AM

Apr 2013
God, I can't wait for next month. This has been an unfunny, unnecessary (parody?) spin-off and I know the last episode's going to be the same exact schlock poking more fun of their low budget. We get it, stop running the joke into the ground.
Feb 11, 2015 1:47 AM

Mar 2013
Go Go power rangers!
Low budget beam :D

Awesome episode.
Feb 11, 2015 6:14 AM

Mar 2014
Not gonna lie, didnt know only two of them were real until they started singing.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Feb 11, 2015 8:48 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The Wuggies are back, and with Power Rangers costumes lol.

I hope they do a Pokemon parody next episode.

Feb 11, 2015 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
It would have been better with the real I-1. Curse the low budget!
I really don't want this to end...i've been enjoying it more than what i expected.

Lil-Bird said:
God, I can't wait for next month. This has been an unfunny, unnecessary (parody?) spin-off and I know the last episode's going to be the same exact schlock poking more fun of their low budget. We get it, stop running the joke into the ground.

I don't get it, if you find it that awful...why do you keep watching then??
Feb 11, 2015 5:34 PM
Oct 2012
Lil-Bird said:
This has been an unfunny, unnecessary (parody?) spin-off and I know the last episode's going to be the same exact schlock poking more fun of their low budget. We get it, stop running the joke into the ground.

I take it you didn't notice that the whole set up of this show was that they were at a zoo on the verge of going bankrupt, I mean it was only in the introduction to every single episode. So it's not that the production is bemoaning their lack of budget, but rather the characters are in that situation, and they are doing their best to save the zoo - they have big ideas, but not the budgets to match.

So yes, it is a parody. This one in particular is a parody of park/zoo "super hero" performances where the acting generally is bad enough as to where cardboard cutouts would be an improvement. At the same time they are the type of shows where local talent is employed and they can prove to be a break in their career (Shirobako had a scene on this theme a week or two ago).
Feb 12, 2015 4:43 AM

Jan 2013
Justice has prevailed thanks to the low budget beam.
Feb 12, 2015 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
little_grey said:
It would have been better with the real I-1. Curse the low budget!
I really don't want this to end...i've been enjoying it more than what i expected.

Lil-Bird said:

Not questioning your points for finding it bad; those are completely valid...the question here is why do you watch if you don't like it?
Feb 13, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
I take it you didn't notice that the whole set up of this show was that they were at a zoo on the verge of going bankrupt, I mean it was only in the introduction to every single episode. So it's not that the production is bemoaning their lack of budget, but rather the characters are in that situation, and they are doing their best to save the zoo - they have big ideas, but not the budgets to match.

All right, I guess that makes sense, but I still don't find it entertaining. Doesn't really help that the episodes come out every month (I could've sworn they were coming out sooner when it first aired back in September), regardless of the introduction of each episode, I forgot how the first few episodes went anyway (outside of the fact some characters were apparently "dying" every episode), and I also don't remember any of the characters' names (like at all without looking them up). They may be wearing different animal suits, but I can't pick them apart as their own characters. The main series was decent, if a bit forgettable, but I don't get the need to do a parody spin-off, even if it's only online.

Even so, I probably think the budget for the anime is tight as well, so... meta-humor.

little_grey said:

Not questioning your points for finding it bad; those are completely valid...the question here is why do you watch if you don't like it?

Because I'm anal in that I tend to watch everything related to a franchise if it exists, the episodes are also short so I can just watch an episode and get it over with in a few minutes, and I have a "no drop" policy.
Feb 13, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
Lil-Bird said:

little_grey said:

Because I'm anal in that I tend to watch everything related to a franchise if it exists, the episodes are also short so I can just watch an episode and get it over with in a few minutes, and I have a "no drop" policy.

HEYO, you may be a bad person.... but I feels you