Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 8, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Arthur's design looks alright. I'm expecting more of Vivian at this stage of the series though.

Is it also just me or does A-1 really focus a lot on Diane and her butt? LOL. Pretty good episode overall. Nice to see Gilthunder in action again although I feel bad for Diane.
Feb 8, 2015 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
lol~ the pig transported together and broke the door!! Pink hair guy released magical archeries to control their memory...

FukuJun's character released a black dog to transport. Titan girl is too big to put into its mouth. Lucky him, but because she's only there half body, she got attack.

Kimura-san's character, who falls in love with titan girl, is hesitated to attack her (and sort of helped her completely out with his tornado). While being mistaken because of the holy knights, she saved the brother of female holy knight who always close her eyes. Seems like Kimura-san's character and the female holy knight who always close her eyes betrayed the team in result.

Chibi holy knight leader alone.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 8, 2015 9:05 AM

Mar 2014
I hope they're saving budget for later fights, this looked almost like One Piece level animation.

Feb 8, 2015 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
War started for real between Sins and Holy Knights. Let's see who dies first...well i already know that...Fuhuhuhuhu.

Well, Arthur is quite smart even if he is young...nice grip on politics....and his Magician is pretty strong it seem..well of course what we did expect from ***********

LOL Hawk...lol...You are most hilarious character in entire series. Rolling Pig attack!!! XD damn so he is at least strong enought to take care normal soldiers + appreciate level Holy knights...

Lol...me things that Meliodas and ban will kill Gowther if he ever uses that move on them!!! XD

take your head out of the gutter King...XD

Oh man DIANE!!! King is so going to get pissed off!!! and Start of the Holy Knight Rebellion...true Knights are shown from the traitors!!!
JarjaxleFeb 8, 2015 10:09 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 8, 2015 10:05 AM

May 2013
Freaking Hawk lol. Things are looking bad for Diane. Hopefully she will be okay.
Feb 8, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Come on i wanted to see Arthur and his magican
fight bit more. Great episode need more !!!!!!
Feb 8, 2015 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
Man I remember these parts making me cringe when I read the manga. Diane suffered too much T^T Poor girl. That was just too sad D:

Lots of nice fanservice shots for her though :P
And King got the first seat view for the goods :3 He didn't get to push though XD

And now she has Hauser and Guila on her side since they obviously see that shit's too unfair and fishy. I just don't know how people like that Jericho bitch. She's obnoxious <_<

Anyway, people who were complaining about the OPness of the Sins should be happy with this arc since they're gonna get REKT quite a bit.

Hawk being based was hilarious XD Knocking the door and the knight down like that XD

Arthur's voice was quite a surprise for me tbh ^^; Well I guess he's meant to feel that young. Nice cut and block he did on Hendy there.

Gowther's HAX ability introduced too lol

Are King's flashbacks coming soon >.< Can't friggin wait!
Feb 8, 2015 10:48 AM
Dec 2014
Hauser *---*
Feb 8, 2015 10:55 AM
Apr 2014
Terrible animation this episode, QUALITY shots everywhere, all the budget went to Diane's butt.
Hendrickson vs Arthur & totally not Merlin flying coat set up
Diane gets rekt, Drefyus showing the true power of a great holy knight.
Internal holy knights conflict incoming.
Drake1000Feb 8, 2015 11:34 AM
Feb 8, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
Good episode. We finally (!) see Oslo. Also a bunch of match-ups are incoming. Quality wasn't that amezing, but still very good. Saving the money for the big end fight between

Also, the OST of this episode was amezing
Feb 8, 2015 11:25 AM

Oct 2014
This episodee!!
Nice to see Arthur but we didn't see the magicians reveal! Although, let's be honest we know who it is.
Poor Diane, but I'm hyped for the next episode! Go Hauser and Guila!

Feb 8, 2015 11:37 AM
Feb 2015
Quality of animation dropped and pacing felt way too fast.

3/5

Seriously people, read the manga.
Feb 8, 2015 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
V nice Ep... Finally, 7 deadly sins get some nre Allies...
Feb 8, 2015 11:51 AM
Mar 2014
Lmao dat Hawk diarrhea.

Rolling Ham attack !

I'm so glad to see that Hauser and Guila realised that the bad guys are the Holy knights and not the seven deadly sins.
Feb 8, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2013
This show is so good.

Diane is best girl.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Feb 8, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
Well shit I'm so close at reading the manga but god damn I'll have to wait cause this shit is epic and it's better to savor one ep each week. Nanatsu is way better than I imagined (especially after that terrible first episode) but damn it get's better EVERY single week. Can't wait to see where this is going.

Great Holy Knight OP ;_;
Feb 8, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2014
King is a good guy but I ship Diane with Hauser since the first time they met, such a cute couple
Yey, Guila switched sides! Poor Diane... Can wait to see what's going to happen in the next episode
Btw am I the only one who is sick of hearing "Meliodas-san"?
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Feb 8, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
Intense shit
Feb 8, 2015 12:45 PM

Oct 2009
I hope Diane will be ok....
Feb 8, 2015 12:55 PM
Feb 2015
Cloudy-Sky said:
Well shit I'm so close at reading the manga but god damn I'll have to wait cause this shit is epic and it's better to savor one ep each week. Nanatsu is way better than I imagined (especially after that terrible first episode) but damn it get's better EVERY single week. Can't wait to see where this is going.

Great Holy Knight OP ;_;

Read the manga. They are ending this before the start of an new Arc. And the manga is better than this anime. Anime is OK.
Feb 8, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2012
Budget musta been pretty small this week huh? There was a scene after Diane gets holes blown through her where she's perfectly fine that, frankly, I dunno how the crew failed to notice! Other than that good stuff again...
Feb 8, 2015 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Gowther's Rewrite Light was great.

Lol @ King's reaction when Diane asked him to push her ass.
Feb 8, 2015 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
Hey "manga-only" people, if the anime's so bad according to you guys, why are you still watching it? Shouldn't you guys at least be some bit of happy that your manga's being adapted into an anime and they're doing an OK job, y'know, not completely rushing through it? Sure, they might skip some details and chapters, but I bet nobody would've watched this if this were an 1:1 adaption. Same goes for other adaptions; they would be boring if they were WAY too loyal to the original source material, and Lucky Star's a perfect example of this.

All dat Diane suffering ;__; and holy shit the animation quality dropped for this episode. Hope next EP's will look the same as the other episodes animation-wise.
way to show where all the priorities & budget goes to A-1: to animating some diane butt!
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Feb 8, 2015 2:38 PM
Apr 2014
Rukaliini said:
Hey "manga-only" people, if the anime's so bad according to you guys, why are you still watching it? Shouldn't you guys at least be some bit of happy that your manga's being adapted into an anime and they're doing an OK job, y'know, not completely rushing through it? Sure, they might skip some details and chapters, but I bet nobody would've watched this if this were an 1:1 adaption. Same goes for other adaptions; they would be boring if they were WAY too loyal to the original source material, and Lucky Star's a perfect example of this.

All dat Diane suffering ;__; and holy shit the animation quality dropped for this episode. Hope next EP's will look the same as the other episodes animation-wise.
way to show where all the priorities & budget goes to A-1: to animating some diane butt!

We're watching the anime to see how they handle the adaptation of what we read, key word here is adaptation so you expect some degree of respect towards the events and overall story of the source material and yes they are in fact rushing it and skipping some things, if you read the manga you'd understand.

It's all A1's fault if the animation looks so shitty, they pick up tons of projects at the same time thus some of their shows get a very low budget and NNT is sadly one of them.
They could make up for it by having a much more faithful adaptation for the events of the manga but no they make it even worse.
Drake1000Feb 8, 2015 4:55 PM
Feb 8, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2014
Hahaha, Hawk is so op.
Well interesting episode.
Time for a counter attack on the shit so call "Holy Knight"!
Getting treat as a villain for helping humans, KILL ALL THOSE SHIT HUMANS!!
Feb 8, 2015 2:58 PM
Nov 2013
Very eventful episode. Hawk bleeding after explosive diarrhea made me laugh so freaking hard lol.

Yes! Hauser and Guila switched sides! I love both of their characters so I'm glad they finally saw the kingdom is corrupt. Can't wait to see what happens next episode, and I hope Diane survives.
Feb 8, 2015 3:02 PM
May 2013
Drake1000 said:

We're watching to the anime to see how they handle the adaptation of what we read, key word here is adaptation so you expect some degree of respect towards the events and overall story of the source material and yes they are in fact rushing it and skipping some things, if you read the manga you'd understand.

It's all A1's fault if the animation looks so shitty, they pick up tons of projects at the same thus some of their shows get a very low budget and NNT is sadly one of them.
They could make up for it by having a much more faithful adaptation for the events of the manga but no they make it even worse.
Jojo Bizarre Adventure anime adapted 100+ od par 1 & 2 chapters into 26 episode and it was good
Feb 8, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2011
if they keep covering 5 chapters per episode from now till episode 24 it should end perfectly with chapter 101 if you also include the special king flashback chapter, which is where the best ending would be imo, it's a shame they have rushed this series but it's not been a terrible adaptation, missing a few chapters sucks (3 total) but I'll take this over what happened to series like akame ga kill and tokyo ghoul.

as long as they keep following the manga and dont do anything stupid with an anime original ending then this will overall have been a good adaptation.
MorcombeFeb 8, 2015 3:57 PM
Feb 8, 2015 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
Rukaliini said:

1:1 should be really boring. 3:1 would be perfect. But they're doing, 4, 5, 6, even 7 chapters per episode.

studio that makes Jojo's Bizarre Adventure knows how to handle an adaptation.
Feb 8, 2015 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Wow poor Diane got wrecked in this episode!!!

Guila and Hauser don't stand a chance.
Feb 8, 2015 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
A-1 putting more effort into Diane's ass rather than some good animation. A-1 should stick to their slice of life anime and not touch a Shonen. Fights were done terribly compared to the manga, and too much derpy faces. I wonder why A-1 even picked this up, Madhouse would've done a much better job
Feb 8, 2015 5:08 PM
Feb 2014
bad animation, as ppl stated
3/5
Feb 8, 2015 5:11 PM
Jan 2010
this episode was so intense (even though I've already read the manga) I didn't even notice the bad animation that other people were talking about tbh lol

also that ost was awesome.
Feb 8, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2012
Well this episode dashed what small hopes I may have had for a strong finish. I can only hope for some really well directed scenes that leave enough emotional impact to make up for lack of animation.

animefan8800 said:
Budget musta been pretty small this week huh? There was a scene after Diane gets holes blown through her where she's perfectly fine that, frankly, I dunno how the crew failed to notice!
Yeah that was horrible. Whoever did that cut and the ones with Ban looking coked out needs a good kick in the ass.

Rukaliini said:

That's such a tired argument. No, we aren't going to be happy with mediocrity. We're watching because we love NNT and there's no better fulfillment for a manga reader than seeing it animated. A-1 tries to act like they respect that by making their adaptations 'close enough', but skimping on important events and battles that leave you with half the impact the show could have made. It's typical A-1, they just did it with Magi. Of course, maybe asking it to be HxH(2011)-tier is a bit much, but like Drake said it's because they pick up so many projects that this shit happens. If they put in the amount of focus that adapting something like this requires to be a ''good adaptation'', then a few skipped things here and there can be overlooked.

And lol where do you get 'manga-only people' when those people are in fact watching the anime?
Feb 8, 2015 6:02 PM

Nov 2014
I really enjoyed this episode, Diane got messed up but I'm glad Hauser and Guila are protecting her! :)
Hi there
Feb 8, 2015 6:21 PM

Nov 2012
I swear, its like this anime picked up like crazy in the last few eps. Like the first few eps with just the pig, elizabeth and mel I barely even enjoyed the anime, then Diane and them came in and I sort of enjoyed it, but now I'm starting to enjoy is more than any anime this season, even the opening became boss.
Jaywalker.
Feb 8, 2015 7:02 PM

May 2012
They're gonna make the king of Fairy really mad..

Feb 8, 2015 7:07 PM
May 2011
- What are you doing , Hauser ?
- You told me this a long time ago . Only use your power when you feel the time is right . That time is right now .
- You will face us alone ?
- No, the two of us will .
Feb 8, 2015 7:47 PM

Sep 2013
I feel bad that I didnt care if Diane died. In fact, I feel worse now that I realise that Id rather she die and force King to lose himself in rage.
Feb 8, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Dreyfus is such a shameless bastard. Don't go all ''the Deadly Sin are the evil!'' when you're the one who killed your own brother... A fratricide is a terrible crime. And then framing it on the Deadly Sins? Now, you're just being an asshole.

But because of the Holy Knight stupid behaviors, two of their members have left the boat. Sure, 2 vs 4 is impossible, but Gowther is on its way. That will probably save them both.

PRAISE DIANE ASS. King probably had a loss blood this episode.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 8, 2015 8:45 PM

Aug 2012
Old_Raven said:
I feel bad that I didnt care if Diane died. In fact, I feel worse now that I realise that Id rather she die and force King to lose himself in rage.
You should feel very, very bad.
Feb 8, 2015 8:59 PM

Mar 2014
Great Holy Knight too op imo i don't think he should be able 2 beat Diane in two hits and where tf is Dianes knight in shining armour King when he's needed?
Feb 9, 2015 12:58 AM

Mar 2012
Woot, Hauser and Guila are defending Diane! I was hoping for something like this and it happened. ^^

Lots of moving pieces this episode in which I figure they'll all come together soon. Epic episode overall!
Feb 9, 2015 1:02 AM

Feb 2015
Great ep.

meliodas n friends vs holy knight's battle animation is kinda meh imo. Dat arthur kid sure is powerfull to take on Hendricksen lol.

Feel sad about poor diane getting rekt hard. Why do gowther's taking too long to arrive/help? And king didnt help even though he knows that diane is being attacked. Well, we knows that he cant, but atleast he should've done something.

As for preventing the sins from getting elizabeth, Maybe meliodas and ban will have to fight that magician girl with weird mask? Or they'll take on Hendricksen too? And maybe elizabeth will finally reunite with her sister margaret?

Gowther might arrive as well during guila/hauser defence and will help them. We finally get to see guilaxgowther ship lol

Damn i feel like 20mins per ep aint enough for the fights and plot development in this arc.
2D-samaFeb 9, 2015 1:07 AM
Feb 9, 2015 1:53 AM

Sep 2011
Diane ''ASS'' whoop by the holly knight and enemies turn allies for the sins. A lot of set up especially hendrick vs arthur and that mystery mage....it seem king has the ability to summons teleport dog??
Feb 9, 2015 2:05 AM

Oct 2011
Rewrite Light....OMG GOTHIER : O

Arthur is awesome and dat Magician.....Hmmm

Diane NOOOOOOOO WHERE ARE YOU KING????

Guilia found the truth and Hauser protects his Diane <3

Hawk is the best
Feb 9, 2015 3:33 AM

Jul 2011
Guilia must live! She has become one of my favorite characters.
Feb 9, 2015 5:59 AM

Sep 2014
What a fantastic episode! Was intense from the get to. Goddamn I feel bad for Diane. Hope she'll be alright. Can't wait for next week.
Feb 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode.

I feel so bad for Diane... I did not care about her for the whole series but now I know how great of a character she is... One of the best of the series...

The fights were entertaining and dat King blush xD

Waiting for Hauser and Guila fighting together to protect Diane... Guila is becoming a rather good character as well... Glad she joined Hauser to protect Diane because of her little brother being saved by the giant.
Feb 9, 2015 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode. Guila switch sides.

LOL! at Rewrite light.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2015

178 by Rithic »»
Jun 11, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

141 by Rithic »»
Jun 8, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

134 by Rithic »»
May 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

328 by ProzmicDoed »»
May 27, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.