Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2015 6:12 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm.. Nice way to introduce the wanted criminals in Dressrosa from the screen, although a bit slow. You better do your best to stay alive, guys.

LMAO God Usopp is now the most wanted man in Dressrosa! Just look at his priceless expression, LOOOL! So whatchu gonna do when your former worshippers run wild on you, brother?!
Feb 7, 2015 6:38 PM

Jul 2014
500 million for usopp, loved it
Feb 7, 2015 6:45 PM

May 2013
Damn 500 million for Usopp. Seeing their reactions to that was funny.
Feb 7, 2015 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
Well, Doflamingo should get ready to get his ass kicked by Luffy...
Feb 7, 2015 7:40 PM

Oct 2008
Usopp moment was lol. Liked the Rebecca scene at the end when Luffy said her father was alive.
Feb 7, 2015 8:15 PM
May 2011
Damn , pretty sure that dressrosa arc is the best arc that we have seen for quite some time !
Close to becoming my all time favourite arc in OP !_!
Feb 7, 2015 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
God Usopp is the funniest thing I have seen in a while.
Feb 7, 2015 9:43 PM

Mar 2014
GOD USOPP TO BE THE EVERYTHING
Exellent episode liked it so much... luffy and sabo will fight together (*le me fangirl)
Feb 7, 2015 10:11 PM

Jan 2014
5 Star God Usopp, DAYUM SHIT GOT REAL SON
Feb 7, 2015 10:20 PM
Jul 2013
Haha it been a while since One Piece had been so funny. The anime was getting more serious into fighting that there weren't much funny scene in the anime.

Lol Ussop reaction with the little people were so funny! I feel sorry for ussop since he is the most wanted "criminal", so many people would go for him... I loved the part that this time Ussop got to be the "star" of the game instead of Luffy!
Lisa398Feb 8, 2015 8:06 AM
Feb 7, 2015 10:39 PM

Jul 2014
God Usopp made this episode, although most things went slow
Feb 7, 2015 10:48 PM
Jun 2009
This episode was such a letdown, I can barely contain my anger...

On the positive side it felt like it had content, unlike others...

But how the hell can the people that were toys for close to 10 years even decide to follow Doflamingo? (same with their friends, family etc..).
They were worshipping God Usopp minutes ago, and now they're ready to kill him for "only" 500M?!?
At least I hope some of the pirates stay true to him, to their promises they made as toys (especially the Giant one).

In the same way, how can people believe that Doflamingo would release them?
He had captured, and has harmed, marine guys.
If they were to be released they would file a report on all that.
If the common people were to think that WG/Gorosei are good, then they would obviously try to imprison Doflamingo, hence Doflamingo would never release anyone..

They decided to go after only 12 people, because Doflamingo has 2000 people, but they don't even take into account Luffy's crew (well I guess half of it is on the list...), Law's crew, people that will follow Riku to the end, and the revolutionary army, etc.. and of course the ex-toys that are still upset (could be many big pirates)
Even forgetting numbers, Kyros has never lost, not once, and they dare to attack him for bad reasons? WOW!
Same with Luffy. To me an anime watcher, he is less scary than Doflamingo, but to the common people? He survived all 3 main government islands, kicked out of his way the HERO Garp, punched a Tenryubito and is still free, Newgate let him lead his armies, etc... I mean, would you go after such a guy? and even more when you don't have hatred for him, only love for his crew member saving you?
And going after Riku, I don't think we even need to go there...

it killed a big part of dress rosa for me here.
I hope the rest will get better.
geearfFeb 7, 2015 10:58 PM
Feb 8, 2015 12:11 AM
Dec 2014
Bartolomeo is one of the funniest character in One piece
Feb 8, 2015 12:28 AM

Jul 2008
Gotta love God Usopp, and now the real game begins.
Feb 8, 2015 1:51 AM
Dec 2014
Stop the flashbacks already! Please! :(
Feb 8, 2015 2:55 AM

Jul 2012
GOD Usopp ;) . Usopp was like good, I am not in the list. Doffy then announces his most hated person, Usopp for 500 mil LOL. The people he saved are turning their back to him :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 8, 2015 3:00 AM

Apr 2014
Ahh, it's been a few hours since I watched the episode and I don't remember much but...

It was good

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Feb 8, 2015 3:08 AM
Feb 2015
Animation 2/5
Pacing 2/5

Episode 2/5
Feb 8, 2015 4:26 AM

Apr 2014
Some funny stuff here in the episode: 500 million Berry for Usopp! And also I can't wait for Fujitora in action. But that's it. Except these announcements the episode was pretty lame. And where are all the fighters from Colosseum. I only see the weak ones, but where are Bellamy (ok, not that strong), Chinjao, Cavendish or especially Jesus Burgess from Blackbeard Pirates.
Feb 8, 2015 5:29 AM
Mar 2014
Lmao 500m for God Usopp!

Bartolomeo fanboying again never cease to make me laugh.
Feb 8, 2015 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
lmao! Ussop is the main target and damn another one of Bartolomeo's fanboy moments.. Anyway, wtf is the Navy doing exactly? There's an admiral in there.. come on.
Feb 8, 2015 6:55 AM

Apr 2013
I could not stop laughing when Doffy annouced Usopp. Great episode
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 8, 2015 7:22 AM

Jan 2015
Doflamingo is so cruel.

Usopp... 5 Stars. LOL
Feb 8, 2015 7:58 AM

Mar 2013
I always said this arc only got worse after birdcage because of how slow things got from this point on, most chapters there was almost nothing happening and the little that was happening felt so dragged and hardly ever made progress to the story, a few things will happen here and there but until they get to the flashbacks these next few episodes wont be all that entertaining
Feb 8, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2014
Same as the manga, introductions of the ☆'s 1stars got robin violet rebecca hot mug shots tho... also franky and kine'mon☆. 2stars got Kyros and Zoro??☆☆ dofla gon done himself rating zoro 2stars only. 3stars got Luffy Law Sabo Riku welp thats maybe expected☆☆☆. The best is GOD Ussop ☆☆☆☆☆stars. So that was the highlight of the episode so good things are expected from here on.
Feb 8, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode... Usopp's bit was funny. The guy can't even move lol.
Feb 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Mar 2008
Absolutely worthless episode. Giving the star ratings thing was so annoying. Probably it is the time to drop this and stick with manga only.
Feb 8, 2015 12:42 PM
Sep 2014
I'm personally growing VERY tired of all the flashbacks. I mean, I understand the anime is very close to the manga, but for god's sake! I would rather have 5 filler episodes and great quality episodes after that, than have the rest of the series fall with that awful animation full of recycled scenes and very slow pacing. Please, go back and take a look at (for example) the Thriller Bark saga. THAT was decent animation and pacing. It was a GOOD saga (even though it wasn't my favorite). This shit is driving me insane. Other than that... ALL HAIL GOD USOPP.

Feb 8, 2015 1:37 PM
Jan 2013
this is getting as low as naruto shippuuden levels, absolutely nothing happened they coulda show the stars in a single frame instead it was 20 minutes, gg wp
Feb 8, 2015 3:46 PM

Feb 2013
IsGalis said:
I'm personally growing VERY tired of all the flashbacks. I mean, I understand the anime is very close to the manga, but for god's sake! I would rather have 5 filler episodes and great quality episodes after that, than have the rest of the series fall with that awful animation full of recycled scenes and very slow pacing.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Not only was this episode horrible, but this entire arc has just been one huge disappointment.

Honestly at this point Id take a years worth of filler over this garbage.

1/5
Shape430Feb 8, 2015 4:01 PM
Feb 8, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
What's wrong with the animation? They really messed up a lot this time...and what about the flashback at the end of the ep? Felt kinda off...

Feb 8, 2015 4:02 PM

May 2012
geearf said:
This episode was such a letdown, I can barely contain my anger...

On the positive side it felt like it had content, unlike others...

But how the hell can the people that were toys for close to 10 years even decide to follow Doflamingo? (same with their friends, family etc..).
They were worshipping God Usopp minutes ago, and now they're ready to kill him for "only" 500M?!?
At least I hope some of the pirates stay true to him, to their promises they made as toys (especially the Giant one).

In the same way, how can people believe that Doflamingo would release them?
He had captured, and has harmed, marine guys.
If they were to be released they would file a report on all that.
If the common people were to think that WG/Gorosei are good, then they would obviously try to imprison Doflamingo, hence Doflamingo would never release anyone..

They decided to go after only 12 people, because Doflamingo has 2000 people, but they don't even take into account Luffy's crew (well I guess half of it is on the list...), Law's crew, people that will follow Riku to the end, and the revolutionary army, etc.. and of course the ex-toys that are still upset (could be many big pirates)
Even forgetting numbers, Kyros has never lost, not once, and they dare to attack him for bad reasons? WOW!
Same with Luffy. To me an anime watcher, he is less scary than Doflamingo, but to the common people? He survived all 3 main government islands, kicked out of his way the HERO Garp, punched a Tenryubito and is still free, Newgate let him lead his armies, etc... I mean, would you go after such a guy? and even more when you don't have hatred for him, only love for his crew member saving you?
And going after Riku, I don't think we even need to go there...

it killed a big part of dress rosa for me here.
I hope the rest will get better.

eh.. lets start from the no name pirate standpoint. yeah i just got freed but comparing my strength with the doflamingo executives and doflamingo himself.. im screwed. then you see god usopp who is almost dead anyways plus 500 million. ill go with that option.
just because luffy's group is famous for their own reasons doesnt mean doflamingo isn't any more than they are. if you wanna go even further compare actual deaths by each group.

citizens are in an even worse position. they have less fighting potential and have no hope of getting to doflamingo anyways. seeing a target right in front of them as opposed to scaling the castle that has been raised is much easier. everyone's dying so take the easiest most straightforward option.
not to mention the citizens of dressrosa are pretty warped and messed up anyways. you have some who were just tricked and are generally good, then you have those who were shown at the coliseum.

you cant really use the mindset of a viewer, thinking that every character involved knows all the exploits of the strawhats and how strong they are anyways. kyros was the strongest gladiator yeah but if any group of citizens with guns saw him i'd say they'd be tempted to just shoot him off, even though guns fail 99.9% of the time in one piece..

but really it's silly to even be bothered by this. there are plenty of points before this that you should be arguing instead of this one in particular. why did doflamingo even kick them out of the castle when he could have easily killed them all, or at least everyone besides luffy.
EltrikFeb 8, 2015 4:11 PM
Feb 8, 2015 8:39 PM
Jun 2009
Eltrik said:

eh.. lets start from the no name pirate standpoint. yeah i just got freed but comparing my strength with the doflamingo executives and doflamingo himself.. im screwed. then you see god usopp who is almost dead anyways plus 500 million. ill go with that option.

That means trusting the guy that already betrayed you instead of the one that saved you?
Sounds like a good plan... if you want to be be a toy again.
Unlike the people above, they are not even in major danger/being controlled, yet?
And before knowing about the money, they were willing to fight the executives for God Usopp.
I understand that they are pirates, and care deeply for money, is their revenge so cheap?

Eltrik said:

just because luffy's group is famous for their own reasons doesnt mean doflamingo isn't any more than they are. if you wanna go even further compare actual deaths by each group.

That's fair.

Eltrik said:

citizens are in an even worse position. they have less fighting potential and have no hope of getting to doflamingo anyways. seeing a target right in front of them as opposed to scaling the castle that has been raised is much easier. everyone's dying so take the easiest most straightforward option.
not to mention the citizens of dressrosa are pretty warped and messed up anyways. you have some who were just tricked and are generally good, then you have those who were shown at the coliseum.

Hmmm, I still don't buy that.
You see that 10 years ago they gave all their money to the king without asking why... and now knowing he was innocent, they are willing to hunt him... Although I suppose their kids are more important than the king.
but it's the same, they are trusting the one that destroyed part of their kingdom before, and is doing it again. How can you trust someone like that without any sort of guarantee?
And let's also forget that Fujitora, one of the main powers of the WG is here... (although I suppose that most people could not be aware of that)
Eltrik said:

you cant really use the mindset of a viewer, thinking that every character involved knows all the exploits of the strawhats and how strong they are anyways.

I am pretty sure that by now, most of the world knows about Luffy.
Marineford the 2nd time was more than enough for that.

Eltrik said:

kyros was the strongest gladiator yeah but if any group of citizens with guns saw him i'd say they'd be tempted to just shoot him off, even though guns fail 99.9% of the time in one piece..

fair

Eltrik said:

but really it's silly to even be bothered by this. there are plenty of points before this that you should be arguing instead of this one in particular. why did doflamingo even kick them out of the castle when he could have easily killed them all, or at least everyone besides luffy.

Oh I was waiting to see a good reason for kicking them out definitely.
And I haven't seen one... so now I can complain.
Complaining at the time felt too early since Oda could have somehow turned it into a good thing.
geearfFeb 8, 2015 8:43 PM
Feb 9, 2015 1:46 AM

Apr 2011
Luffy is such a badass. Loved what he said to Rebecca.
Feb 9, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2008
Hahaha poor Ussop, just when he thought he got off the wanted list he came on top with 500 millions.
Feb 9, 2015 6:55 AM
Feb 2011
geearf said:

Eltrik said:

Oh I was waiting to see a good reason for kicking them out definitely.
And I haven't seen one... so now I can complain.
Complaining at the time felt too early since Oda could have somehow turned it into a good thing.

Is there something I am not seeing? Isn’t the reason quite simple? He needed to start birdcage and his game. If he waited any longer than A) some of the people would have fled the Island and B) the marines would have reported to the government. Simple said time was of the essence.
Feb 9, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
ALL HAIL GOD USOPP!!
Feb 9, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
Well Doflamingo is going down
Feb 9, 2015 10:13 PM
Jun 2009
Josl said:

Is there something I am not seeing? Isn’t the reason quite simple? He needed to start birdcage and his game. If he waited any longer than A) some of the people would have fled the Island and B) the marines would have reported to the government. Simple said time was of the essence.

Hmmm I don't buy that either.
There's been quite some time already between the release of the toys and the beginning of the cage.
It's just a dumb plot device that no marine tried to send any information until after the cage was there. There's also an admiral there, you're telling me that with his level of Haki he can't cut a thread of the cage and send information through it? (he already cut the thread that was going to attach to himself after all). There are plenty of strong pirates too to do the same.
In the same way no one tried to escape until they saw the cage and now they all wanted too...
Plus his people are not that weak that he couldn't take care of the cage while his fighters would defend him for a few seconds/minutes. I mean Pica could have moved Doflamingo while fighting another one (he was able to annoy Luffy and Zorro for a while after all... not saying he'd win against both of them but he can delay them).

Even if you really want to go that route, kick them out of Doflamingo's face, but still send some others after them... not everything so that doflamingo is not alone but enough to finish them before they have time to release Law (look how easily he defeated a vice-admiral, he's clearly not someone of a low level, even if he's nothing against Doflamingo or the admiral).
geearfFeb 9, 2015 10:16 PM
Feb 10, 2015 4:26 AM

Mar 2011
Even if Dofla has that amount of berries, I don't think he would pay anything. It's just easier not to kill everyone himself.
Feb 10, 2015 1:40 PM
Jun 2009
Frezlaj said:
Even if Dofla has that amount of berries, I don't think he would pay anything. It's just easier not to kill everyone himself.

Agreed!
Easier and more fun.
Feb 10, 2015 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
geearf said:
Frezlaj said:

Agreed!
Easier and more fun.

haha you are so right :D
Feb 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
Man when Usopp God Usopp was SO happy bout not being on the wanted list, i started laughing as Doffy's "and this man who pissed me off the most" speech came on; i couldn't help myself!

The Flashbacks are killing me though, how many times have they played Rebecca's flashback now?
I must admit though i rather Like Kyros, fighting on one leg always seems to amuse me.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Feb 12, 2015 1:07 AM
Jun 2009
Lightshade49 said:
Man when Usopp God Usopp was SO happy bout not being on the wanted list, i started laughing as Doffy's "and this man who pissed me off the most" speech came on; i couldn't help myself!

The Flashbacks are killing me though, how many times have they played Rebecca's flashback now?
I must admit though i rather Like Kyros, fighting on one leg always seems to amuse me.

almost once per 2 episodes lately...
Just in case we didn't remember it from 2 weeks ago...

@RaKana I won't read your spoil so don't know.
Feb 13, 2015 1:00 AM

Dec 2014
This is the best arc since the Marineford arc. G̶o̶d̶ ̶U̶s̶o̶p̶p̶!̶!̶
Feb 14, 2015 7:20 AM

Mar 2010
It was alright.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 20, 2015 11:11 PM

Jun 2013
back to slow going again it seems. too much unnecessary flashback as usual.

got a kick out of the 500mill for god Ussop lol
Feb 25, 2015 5:03 AM

Oct 2010
I expect 20 or so episodes when everybody fights everybody
and the Strawhats win. Lots of crying from Rebeca and
"I will protect you" speeches. (I don't read the manga)
In the end in Dressrosa will be a huge party (10 episodes)
and the citizens will thank the Strawhats for saving them.

I still don't know why Sugar isn't aging, she looks the same
after 10 years.
Feb 28, 2015 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
So... the only thing that happened in this episode was that Kyros and Franky ran away and they published the bounties? Come on, that's really not enough for 20 minutes :(
Mar 1, 2015 2:54 AM
Nov 2013
Great, Usopp !!!! XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1042 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Nov 26, 2022

120 by Atlas77 »»
49 minutes ago

» Binge Watch When?

NothinWrongHere - Jul 5

11 by ANIk_003 »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1041 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Nov 19, 2022

80 by Atlas77 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 58 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Oct 27, 2009

32 by TheStarscream759 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1111 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

35 by kxlel02 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.