Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2009 7:55 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After seeing this episode, me can say proudly is very serious, good mature anime. This anime give good name to anime in all elements. From blood, to serious situation, to real fights being more real than other anime I seen. Few compare to this one. I can safely recommend to people who like history and serious anime.

In this episode me liked:
The love between Sousou and Suishou. How serious it was and women was strong in character.
Sousou killing off the stupid guards of Choujou (is how I understood his name) who uses woman for pleasure.
Sousou being angry. I liked also how Suishou sliced guy who maybe did something with her but hey not show so me suppose only.
What I did not like
Suishou dying.
The stupid people that sold Suishou. The Choujou is rat for me of worst kind. The way they put Suishou's dead body. I never really like Japanese prostitute parlors anyways.
I hope subs come soon for all to see and like this anime. Lunar released some.

Nice love

I was surprised it went as far this but just shows that anime is serious that more.
NSFW
http://www.imagebam.com/image/534dd632872668

Suishou...:( , actually more like T_T was very sad and dramatic. Me not like death.
japanme32Apr 27, 2009 5:11 AM
Apr 16, 2009 6:30 PM

Jan 2008
Arrgh, I want to watch this so badly!!!

I'm disappointed no one seems to be subbing it so far, it sounds awesome. ;_;
Apr 16, 2009 6:31 PM

Jan 2009
MistressMorbid said:
Arrgh, I want to watch this so badly!!!

I'm disappointed no one seems to be subbing it so far, it sounds awesome. ;_;

Yes is EPIC! Like Guin saga. I will check and ask subbers to see maybe but I think one may pick up soon if they see that is good and epic.
Apr 27, 2009 4:09 AM

Jun 2008
As a person who dislike romance stuff. I didn't really like this episode.
Apr 27, 2009 4:58 PM

Feb 2009
I found this far better than the first episode. It also confirms that this show has in common with Romance of the Three Kingdoms only the historic period. Still as a fiction it's pretty good.

I just noticed that the music is really nice in this, they even tried to use some traditional chinese instruments.

The women mistreatment scenes kind of reminded me of Shiguirui, but in a less crude way of course. (Now that anime was gore xD)

Shui Jing (I use Lunar's tl names, which are in chinese ping ying) was pretty stupid trying to kill the Eunuch that way. If you don't know how to use a sword, don't try to behead someone with it. Oh and apparently guards with spears can also suffer from the Storm Trooper syndrome. They also seem to be as reactive as bots in Dynasty Warriors games. ^^

Overall the episode was quite enjoyable, and I hope they keep this up. Even if it's not really a faithful depiction of Cao Cao, the main character is pretty interesting.
Apr 28, 2009 5:42 AM

Feb 2008
Definitely much better than the first episode despite the lack of blood.
Apr 28, 2009 6:19 AM

Aug 2008
kie_ said:
As a person who dislike romance stuff. I didn't really like this episode.

Obvious drama is obvious.
Apr 28, 2009 4:34 PM

Oct 2007
What a bestiary you are, Cao Cao?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 29, 2009 6:22 PM

Nov 2007
Needs less silly teen Cao Cao. Love drama was pretty lame.
May 3, 2009 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
TC, is English your first language?
May 5, 2009 4:25 PM

Dec 2007
I like this show, but whenever I think of this ep all I'm gonna think about is
Amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,
amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,amore,
amore, AMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 6, 2009 1:14 PM

Aug 2008
What the hell did this have to do with the first episode? This was pretty bad. I'm just going to shuffle my way on to the next episode, but I just had to say how big of a drop in animation this was from the premier.
May 10, 2009 7:29 AM
Apr 2008
This episode was pretty cheesy when they said amore over and over again but other than that i see how the characters are developing.
May 17, 2009 9:24 PM

Jun 2007
Actually, the series is based on historical accounts, but with some minor plot twists.

Fact:
* A-man (or Aman) was Cao Cao's infant name.
* Cao Cao was 'promoted' out of his North Buwei position.
* The Ten Attendants, including Zhang Rang existed and were that corrupt.
* Zhang Huan was a general in the capital at that time of the Partisan Prohibitions.

Fiction:
* Shui Jing, since I cannot find any accounts on her. Have a better chance of confirming Diaochan's existence.
* Jian Shuo's relative did not die from the caning to the best of any knowledge of that event. Wiki ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_Cao

Alexstratz said:
I found this far better than the first episode. It also confirms that this show has in common with Romance of the Three Kingdoms only the historic period. Still as a fiction it's pretty good.

I just noticed that the music is really nice in this, they even tried to use some traditional chinese instruments.

The women mistreatment scenes kind of reminded me of Shiguirui, but in a less crude way of course. (Now that anime was gore xD)

Shui Jing (I use Lunar's tl names, which are in chinese ping ying) was pretty stupid trying to kill the Eunuch that way. If you don't know how to use a sword, don't try to behead someone with it. Oh and apparently guards with spears can also suffer from the Storm Trooper syndrome. They also seem to be as reactive as bots in Dynasty Warriors games. ^^

Overall the episode was quite enjoyable, and I hope they keep this up. Even if it's not really a faithful depiction of Cao Cao, the main character is pretty interesting.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sep 24, 2009 12:51 PM

Apr 2009
the episode pwned...
it was sad to see her dying :(

the plot is very good
Feb 19, 2011 8:26 AM

Oct 2009
Better than the last episode, but i didn't "FEEL the LOVE" in this episode, so i didn't really feel sad or anything......blahhh
Feb 4, 2012 4:06 PM

Sep 2008
well actually, inferior to the first ep because of the lame romance. But the third ep kicked ass.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 1, 2012 9:26 PM

Jan 2012
Could anyone tell me who the seiyuu is for Shui Jing?

I'm going crazy trying to figure it out.
Aug 17, 2012 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
Liking the series so far. I thought the romance thing was kinda lame, but I mean, they condensed the whole relationship in one episode. Can't really blame them for not making me feel sad at her passing.

It seems things are starting to pick up now and am excited to watch the next episode.
Sep 26, 2014 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
Shit, this was the exact episode I didn't want to see when I started the show: romanticization, in this case, via unnatural love interest. Cao Cao's antagonization of the head eunuch could have been established through other means. At least they got through it in one episode.

Riding into the sunset while echoing "Amore" was hilarious though.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 28, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2011
Amore... no... NO AMORE. DD;
I find it weird she's not Chinese, given the time period...

Where's my war and political strife? Where are my fighting armies? Swordplay? Training?
Aug 7, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2018
Cao's the man. Fighting for the woman he loved! ''everything that's happening to me at this time is a trial that Heaven has blessed me with'' gigachad indeed.
Aug 31, 2022 3:30 PM

Oct 2016
Two episodes in and it already has way too much spectacle, time skips, and rushed events.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 1 Discussion

id - Apr 7, 2009

45 by Aldones »»
Jun 19, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 26 Discussion

Dunky - Dec 28, 2011

11 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 25 Discussion

Nayah - Dec 17, 2011

3 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 24 Discussion

tofei - Dec 14, 2011

1 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 23 Discussion

tofei - Dec 13, 2011

2 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.