Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2009 6:18 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Couldn't find a topic for this one. o_O

Touko, can you, for once in your life, act reasonable. I don't get you.
Mar 9, 2009 1:39 PM

Mar 2008
Well, i still don't understand why she entered the contest to lose on purpose... There must be a good reason behind this.
Mar 12, 2009 9:51 AM

Feb 2009
I don't get Touko either. She seems to be up and mighty. I got that feeling in season 2 ~Haru~. Touko goes to Yumi's house in one episode, next Episode regects Yumi's Rosarie, Then 2 episodes later Runs against the Roses in the Election. Like WTF!?!

Let's hope we get some answers in Episode 11.
Jan 25, 2014 8:13 AM

Dec 2010
I was ready to start hatin' on Touko again but then the end happened. She surely has a good reason to do what she did.
Feb 14, 2014 7:21 AM

Aug 2013
Touko tried to make a point and she did it in a grand way. As for her reasons why she did what she did...*shrugs*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 10, 2015 9:45 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well it was obvious Toko would lose. I mean the OP even spoils it, it has Yumi, Shimako and Yoshino as the 3 girls going around campus.

I was thinking what if Toko wanted to run just to experience what it felt like to be a rose candidate. Maybe she entered just to call out to Yumi without having to speak to her. She knew she was going to lose regardless. The end of the episode even shows Yumi trying to reach out to Toko. I'm probably thinking about it too much so hopefully next episode shows Toko's reasons as to why she was running.

Sep 14, 2017 5:25 PM
Aug 2014
What was even the point of Touko entering the election? "Her goal was to lose", it's not like she stood a chance of winning anyway. Honestly starting to get a bit tired of all this Yumi/Touko stuff.
Jan 8, 2022 10:50 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting, how Noriko considers Touko her friend and is thankful for it, to the point of tears.. Well.. Some of their time together might as well be offscreen, as our main POV is of course Yumi.. And she is in another class, after all.. So maybe Noriko and Touko had more time and moments together..
Well, wonder, if Touko had any reasons to participate, and what was her goals.. Or it was more spontaneous, or something else.. Who knows..
Apr 25, 2022 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
Touko still confuses me a bit, but it sounds like she definitely doesn't hate Yumi at all. Perhaps it's all a cry for help, to see how Yumi responds.

May 2, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2021
Touko's end is a lil vague to participate in the contest in order to lose intentionally like there are ways to expand in those boundaries.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 28, 2022 6:43 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Unsurprisingly, the election resulted in Yumi, Yoshino and Shimako winning and Touko losing. I know she was intentionally losing but man I wish they woulda threw a curve ball and had her win lol, but ah well, there was a reason for Touko doing that so I’m interested in learning more about that.

And wow Yoshino got heated about the three of them winning the election, I understand what she meant but there’s never a guarantee an election will go the way you want it lol, I liked Shimako’s reaction tho, and Yoshino getting mad is always fun even if I love her.
Dec 25, 2023 1:28 AM

Jul 2023
In a suddent twist of fate, Touko decided to join the elections. I love it, the drama and all. That said, it seems that this episode seems rushed. For example, it would've been nice to her Yumi's speech. Perhaps it could've been better if this arc is seen in 2 episodes.

Also, we get to see that Touko manipulated Yumi in a sense, so that the latter will have a greater resolve in her candidacy, which is reminiscent of Rosa Canida standing so Shimako would get to be Rosa Gigantea.
patkarununganDec 25, 2023 1:35 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Mar 27, 2009

68 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:28 PM

» Will there ever be a season 5?

grandy_UiD - Feb 18, 2012

13 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 12 Discussion

kisami - Mar 21, 2009

24 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 14, 2009

32 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 10 Discussion

Beave - Mar 8, 2009

25 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.