Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2009 7:05 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yumi started to go after Touko, but ended up not doing so. Also, it seems Yumi has changed her approach to get Touk as a seur.

I hope there is more Yumi and Touko in the next episode.
Mar 8, 2009 7:23 PM

Feb 2008
i guess they are saving the big event till last episode. i think there is going to be an S5 as well. how long will we wait for that one.

Mar 8, 2009 10:36 PM

Apr 2008
Funny how quickly it goes from "Oh no, even Noriko and Shimako are arguing, this is bad" to "Holy shit, get a room".

Both Noriko and Yoshino are kind of leaning on Yumi now, on top of her concerns with Touko. I like that Yumi's picked up the collected demeanor of her predecessors in dealing with them -- and is definitely starting to show that she's decisive enough to lead. Whatever she does to make a breakthrough with Touko it's gonna be a masterstroke. Seems like some answers might be brought to light on that next week, from the preview.

Probably not a popular observation but Kashiwagi's response to being asked if he liked Yumi seemed to me like the male version of "kyaaa~ what are you saying". Of course, that's in spite of him clearly explaining different types and strengths of liking a person (and us knowing that he only romantically likes men). Maybe he likes her as a pet, I dunno. Dude's a little weird.
Mar 9, 2009 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
Was one of the weakest episodes i've ever seen for this entire series, but it's still at least a 3.

Basically, hardly anything happened, lol.

and

w9950 said:
(and us knowing that he only romantically likes men).

Wtf? he's gay?
akai_ribbonMar 9, 2009 12:48 AM
Mar 9, 2009 6:36 AM

Jul 2008
I liked this episode, somehow Yumi's actions have changed a little :3

Mar 9, 2009 12:06 PM

Apr 2008
Unkind said:

Wtf? he's gay?

did you miss that hair flip or are you joking

I can't remember if they showed him saying it outright way back in the first season but the way he told Sachiko he was was the reason she wanted to call off the marriage. He said she'd have to be unfaithful (remember this is why she hates the men in her family) if she wanted children.
Mar 9, 2009 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
you know, hes whole demeanor looked very fishy. any man who walks into the bathroom where a female is in without any reservations must either go in with intent to attack, or hes gay.since he didn't attack her, well go with the latter.
Mar 10, 2009 5:27 AM

Aug 2008
w9950 said:
Unkind said:

Wtf? he's gay?

I can't remember if they showed him saying it outright way back in the first season but the way he told Sachiko he was was the reason she wanted to call off the marriage. He said she'd have to be unfaithful (remember this is why she hates the men in her family) if she wanted children.

Wow, i've been wanting to re-watch the whole thing when s4 is done, looking extra forward to it now, apparently I missed some pretty important stuff :P.
Mar 10, 2009 9:55 AM

Nov 2008
Unkind said:
w9950 said:
Unkind said:

Wtf? he's gay?

Wow, i've been wanting to re-watch the whole thing when s4 is done, looking extra forward to it now, apparently I missed some pretty important stuff :P.

Actually, the whole Kashiwagi is gay thing, was never directly addressed in the anime. It was stated very clearly in multiple occasions in the novels, but never in the anime. There were a couple of hints in the anime like those already mentioned, but you really need to look hard in order find any of them.
Mar 10, 2009 6:10 PM

Apr 2008
My bad, then. Could've sworn she told Yumi the story at some point. The manga and novels must have blurred into S1 for me.

You can get it basically by paying attention to anything Sei says about him.
Mar 13, 2009 8:53 PM
Mar 2009
what does sachiko means when she say he feels differents kinds of love for them two (sachiko and yumi)?

... maybe he does really like yumi? (and is not gay but effeminate or something), he is really hard to understand...
Mar 14, 2009 1:27 AM

Mar 2008
Well, this was a pretty boring episode actually, nothing really happened, just some discussion about the school festival.

Heh, I thought they clearly stated Kashiwagi was gay, and I haven't read the light novels.

Though in volume 1 of the manga (which might not be familiar to you guys, since it's only been translated in German), he clearly says *pardon my bad translations* "An marriage between us two would work really well. We let us live in freedom and don't try to be near eacother." Sachiko: "What do you mean by that?" Kashiwagi: "I'm sorry, but I only like men. When you want to have kids, you'll have to get an other lover."
Mar 20, 2009 9:34 AM

Aug 2007
This episode, for once, isn't in Yumi-chan's POV, which is interesting. It also seems like Yumi-chan knows what she's doing now...

It's like some stress relief episode or something. xD
Feb 15, 2010 5:47 AM

Aug 2009
Yumi is becoming strong and independent time after time. Nice!
Jan 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2010
I actually liked this episode, was dying for at least a single Shimako x Noriko moment.

Kashiwagi is so fabulous, no homo.
Feb 14, 2014 7:58 AM

Aug 2013
That Kashiwagi hair flip haha!

It's really funny how different Shimako's relationship is with Noriko to what she had with Sei. Shimako didn't want to participate in the event because she wanted to find Noriko's card instead. And she blushes too while saying it. I'm like "okay I get it, you like each other now go get a room" haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 22, 2014 11:45 PM

Sep 2014
Ah so Noriko ships Yumi x Touko...

The Shimako x Noriko moment was really cute.

Oh and I totally thought they addressed that Suguru is gay? I never read the light novels or manga but I knew he was gay. Maybe I found out from MAL. XD
Feb 10, 2015 10:30 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
newtype603 said:
Unkind said:

Actually, the whole Kashiwagi is gay thing, was never directly addressed in the anime. It was stated very clearly in multiple occasions in the novels, but never in the anime. There were a couple of hints in the anime like those already mentioned, but you really need to look hard in order find any of them.

He might be gay, I mean the way he addresses Yumi's brother is out of the ordinary.

An ok episode imo. Yumi is becoming more decisive and leader like. If she intends to be the next Rosa Chinesis then being decisive and leader like is where she has to start with. Noriko's question to Yumi was spot on. She's probably waiting for the right time to go talk to her. From the looks of things, Yumi is becoming more mature and stronger so that she will be prepared to what awaits her. By that I mean the stuff Kashiwagi told Yumi, if she was prepared to learn the truth about Toko.

May 2, 2016 7:38 AM
Aug 2012
the pace of this episode was perfect, we must rush when it comes to very important questions, only fresh head and right speed can guarantee us a good outcome
Sep 24, 2016 1:50 AM

May 2010
Never cared for Touko-chan. Sa-chan and Yumi-san ship sank.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 14, 2017 5:52 PM
Aug 2014
Not much happened this episode. Really didn't think this entire season was going to be about Yumi finding a soeur.
Jan 8, 2022 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
So why is Yumi smiling and things?.. She trusts Touko, that's why?.. Like, Touko doesn't like being picked on with questions and stuff, maybe Yumi changes approach or something?.. Or something else?.. Like maybe they had a talk after announcement.. Well, because we're getting POVs of other girls, but not Yumi on that exact moment.. Well, who knows..
Cards finding suddenly becomes a tradition, it seems.. ;P Well, nice to start a tradition.. ;P I think they only started previous year, right?.. And already are talking about prospects of future year..
So Yumi is calm, because she lets herself not to hurry with Touko.. Hm..
Thinking about what kind of relationship Yumi wants with Touko instead of making her sister - I think it's a nice way.. Not sure, what Yumi will come up with.. What kind of relationship she wants with Touko.. But it's a nice path, I think.. They both, both Yumi and Touko, can approach situation with just thinking, what they want with each other, what kind of relationship.. Not hurrying and leaving it for days and many days can lead with them just drifting apart, though.. But would it be bad in this case?.. If that's what they'd both want?.. Who knows..
Apr 25, 2022 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
Yumi isn't persisting after Touko, but that's because she feels that it won't help things at the moment.

Touko will come around when she's ready, I assume.

May 2, 2022 2:55 AM

Jul 2021
Yumi is definitely showing her character development in this episode !
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 28, 2022 7:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Looks like the Valentine’s Day event is coming back with some improvements from before, it gives me flashbacks from the first one lol. It was funny and cute how Shimako and Noriko both wanted to find the other’s card, I wonder which one of them will end up doing it.

And Yumi’s character development really showed in this one, she’s not in a hurry with Touko anymore looks like, I loved Yoshino’s reaction “don’t become an adult by yourself” lol. And Yumi admitted to “loving” Touko, idk if that means romantic love or not giving the nature of this show, but it seems romantic on Yumi’s part to me.

And I guess for now we don’t know Touko’s reason for losing the election, maybe we’ll find out next episode since it looks like we’ll finally get Touko’s backstory. And lastly I enjoyed the flashback of the previous Lady Roses, miss that trio.
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 AM

Jul 2023
It's nice that there's character development for Yumi. She now has this more come what may attitude and letting things unfold, that things will eventually work out between her and Touko.

The next episode would probably hit hard as we're now at the point where we'll get to know the real Touko.

About Sachiko and her cousin in the bathroom, Sachiko has some dry humour, that if they stay there longer, her mom would think they're doing some quickie.
patkarununganDec 25, 2023 2:08 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Mar 27, 2009

68 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:28 PM

» Will there ever be a season 5?

grandy_UiD - Feb 18, 2012

13 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 12 Discussion

kisami - Mar 21, 2009

24 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 14, 2009

32 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 9 Discussion

Teddy - Mar 9, 2009

11 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.