Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2013 3:23 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Man that guy look like a monkey now

I think we knew he was Rebecca real father, but i still wonder why no one remembers the one that were turned into toys
the other guy's identity was a lil surprising

Now i really want to know Viola background

I wonder if that if that Fishman is an undercover agent for the marine? (if not then for who?)

just love Bartolemeo reactions
247EyesOct 29, 2013 3:49 AM
Oct 29, 2013 4:23 AM

Aug 2012
pretty boring set up chapter overall especially in the beginning i found it rather difficult to give a shit about king riku. I liked the story of the tontatta a lot more. also confirmed that the soldier toy is rebecca's father but im pretty sure everyone had figured that out already.
Oct 29, 2013 4:26 AM

Sep 2013
Cool chap I guess... I kinda expected it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2013 6:27 AM

Jun 2011
meh chapter..
2/5
Oct 29, 2013 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty good, none of it was too surprising. I wonder if the people turned into toys lose their old bodies or if it's something similar to Geko Morias power.
Oct 29, 2013 7:11 AM

Aug 2012
so we got a confirmation about king Riku being the gladiator and the toy soldier being Rebbeca's father, that's nice. Also, the turnover where their family actually isn't evil and it was all set up by Dofla, as well as the alliance between Tontata and Riku famillies/countries that was evident is also confirmed. This chapter had to happen, and I'm kinda glad it all went in one chapter without a lot of drama, without losing pace.

Also, the slimmy guy that's 1 of the top 4 of Doflamingo's crew, beside Diamante has been confirmed to turn people into toys, so this is also cleared. Nice, now we can see King Riku command the muscleheads out of that dump and launch a counterattack!

Although it will probably take a few chapters of losing for that to happen.
The show starts now, I'm predicting maybe 1-2 chapters of final preparations and an attack launch that will culminate in about 4 weeks.

Also, Viola = Violet? If so, I'm interested who is she

And Hack (the fisherman) is probably a spy of Jimbei who sent him to research something for them, or to trace the truth behind the Trafy-Luffy alliance.
I'm looking forward to this
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Oct 29, 2013 7:13 AM

Jan 2008
- I meant it positively.
- Then it's okay.

I lost it. Those little guys are priceless.
Oct 29, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2010
While this chp wasn't anything special it answered quite a few questions so that was good. And like kiD said glad it happened all in one chap.

We know who turns them to toys. Confirmation for Toy soldier as Rebecca's dad. And how Riku was actually loved by his close soldiers and how he's nice.

Also wondering who Hack works for? Interesting.

Viola interested me too.

And ofc u have to have obligatory Bartolomeo fanboying XD

Hopefully the preparations will be done from soon and we can get to the real business ^^
Oct 29, 2013 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
aint really much to say about this chapter i guess.It was alright.the best part was king riku, and the toy soldier beeing Rebecca's father :) Interested in knowing Viola's background now :D
Oct 29, 2013 8:35 AM
Jul 2013
Nice chapter

Is Luffy gonna watch Rebecca fight or go with his crew? His selfishness knowing no limits, i'm kinda hoping he will stay watch :3

Also, how will Doflamingo vs Law end up? I don't see Law dying here, neither do I see Doflamingo loosing to him.

Meh, didn't we all expect Mr Toy Soldier's identity being the father.

Lol'd at the Tontatta guys getting angry at the "little midgets" while Franky is crying for them.
Oct 29, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
it was good to get a chapter this weeak jsut wish the stuff that happend was things we didn't expect
Oct 29, 2013 9:51 AM

Feb 2012
meh ok chapter.

Instantly though of Zeff from back at Baratie when I saw the ex-king.

LOL at Franky crying in the background when the dwarf back-story was being told
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 29, 2013 10:32 AM
Oct 2013
Tuning into History channel, story set-up chapter. As expected losers in the tournament get turned into toys somehow and the Toy Soldier is Rebecca's father, which means he's gonna be king once this arc is over.
Next chapter, surely Law and Doflamingo face off while Rebecca loses to Cavendish. Also, we see what the rest of the crew is up to.

AnimationQueen said:
Oct 29, 2013 11:42 AM

Jun 2010
Confirmation chapter on that most people already assumed, although I was leaning more towards him being the grandfather but wither way in the end.

I wonder if the mention of the missing century (Void Century) invoked anything inside of Robin.
Oct 29, 2013 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
^ it would be nice if the labor Dofla is organizing underground would be somehow connected to digging out Pluton or another weapon, or finances for it

or if Doflamingo is actually securing a Poneglyph in this way, protecting it. It's not impossible since the Nefertari (who also created the WG, but stayed on Grand Line) had a Poneglyph hidden.

I think the Poneglyph is more likely than the weapon tho, we just had a complete revelation about Poseidon 1 arc ago
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

Oct 29, 2013 3:16 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. Nice to know the history of Dressrosa. The Toy Soldier is Rebecca's real father.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 29, 2013 3:31 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty interesting chapter; liked the history of the Tontatta tribe especially. Also, it was expected, but nice to know the Soldier is Rebecca's father.
Oct 29, 2013 7:48 PM

Dec 2011
Dang revelations... and the King appearing. I can't wait for the turnover of Dressrosa.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2013 8:43 PM

Mar 2008
in the next chapters of One Piece, More explanatory chapters. soo you "we hate the flashbacks" only get explanatory chapters, that you love.
Oct 29, 2013 9:36 PM

Dec 2011
Favorite part has to be when Luffy was reminded of his hometown. ;n; http://i.imgur.com/7BNo7Sm.png I already know this arc is going to end in a big way. Bartolomeo better confess to Luffy in the next chapter.

Congratz to Oda for selling 300 million copies.
Oct 30, 2013 6:10 AM
Mar 2012
Bad cliffhanger, try harder oda.
Oct 30, 2013 7:27 AM

Jun 2010
Shaduge said:
Bad cliffhanger, try harder oda.

It was a revelation and confirmation chapter...

if anything we should be expecting a hefty flashback sequence anytime from either the King's perspective or Tontatta tribe.
Oct 30, 2013 10:02 AM
Sep 2013
kiDnameDSkia said:
^ it would be nice if the labor Dofla is organizing underground would be somehow connected to digging out Pluton or another weapon, or finances for it

or if Doflamingo is actually securing a Poneglyph in this way, protecting it. It's not impossible since the Nefertari (who also created the WG, but stayed on Grand Line) had a Poneglyph hidden.

I think the Poneglyph is more likely than the weapon tho, we just had a complete revelation about Poseidon 1 arc ago

Interesting thinking...At end of the day,Doflamingo IS a war profiteer. So it is possible that he maybe is looking for one of the ancient weapons.
Oct 30, 2013 10:20 AM
Sep 2013
we can expect another 20-24 chapters before moving to the next part of the arc, I think. I really want the person on the other side of the dan dan mushi to be a fishman...and want that fishman to be Jinbei :D . The world government is treading on murky water at present. Will they support Doflamingo against the wishes of the neighbouring kingdoms of Dressrosa? And why is CP0 here? Who in the government had make deal with Violet? There might be a possibility that Strawhat-heart pirate alliance may end up in working with the black-beard pirates. Remember how Blackbeard put Luffy on the right path to skypeia? And Blackbeard did clear the path for Luffy and gang in the prison. Luffy might hate him, but he did end up working with Blackbeard unintentionally. Whatever storm is coming at Dressrosa, Strawhats need the support of another yonko to impose even a stalemate.
Oct 30, 2013 11:49 AM
Jul 2013
AnimationQueen said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Man that guy look like a monkey now

I think we knew he was Rebecca real father, but i still wonder why no one remembers the one that were turned into toys
the other guy's identity was a lil surprising

Now i really want to know Viola background

I wonder if that if that Fishman is an undercover agent for the marine? (if not then for who?)

what guy looks like a monkey?
Oct 30, 2013 5:35 PM

Sep 2013
We finally get a small glimpse as to what happened during the Void Century.

We now know that the Don Quixote family ruled the land before the VC and only gave the Tontatta clan an olive branch in exchange for free labour until about the start of the VC. That is when the Don Quixote ruler of that time enslaved the Tontattas. As to what the Tontottas were building for the Don Quixotes was not revealed.

The Riku family replaced the Don Quixotes at the end of the VC as rulers of Dressrosa, most likely as a result of the Don Quixotes moving to Mariejoa.

As a result of the Riku's kind rule, the Tontotta ancestors transformed Dressrosa into a beautiful land of flowers which is what we have today.

Doflamingo is probably the first Don Quixote that moved back to Dressrosa and there most likely could be a reason to it. Perhaps a reason that relates to the Don Quixote ruler, of over 900 years ago, using the Tontattas as labour.

It is also worth noting that the Tontattas left their native land due to a lack of resources, the very same reasons that the Birks left their native moon for Earth...
SuperSonic1986Oct 30, 2013 5:41 PM
Oct 31, 2013 6:34 AM

Jun 2008
Barion-Zara said:
While this chp wasn't anything special it answered quite a few questions so that was good. And like kiD said glad it happened all in one chap.

We know who turns them to toys. Confirmation for Toy soldier as Rebecca's dad. And how Riku was actually loved by his close soldiers and how he's nice.

Also wondering who Hack works for? Interesting.

Viola interested me too.

And ofc u have to have obligatory Bartolomeo fanboying XD

Hopefully the preparations will be done from soon and we can get to the real business ^^

I'd love it if Bartolomeo ended up becoming one of their crew. His a looney character that will fit in the whole messed up crew Luffy has and also his powerful enough to be a crucial part of the crew.
Oct 31, 2013 7:04 AM

May 2013
And then they said all those fighters in the colosseum wouldn't return.
Nov 5, 2013 7:53 PM

Jun 2012
Squid-Pirate said:
kiDnameDSkia said:

Interesting thinking...At end of the day,Doflamingo IS a war profiteer. So it is possible that he maybe is looking for one of the ancient weapons.
A bit late for a response, I know, with the next chapter coming out soon... but the only problem I have with that scenario is that it's way too similar to the Arabasta Arc:

A Shichibukai after the Poneglyph whilst stealing the leader of the country's good name and reputation, and Luffy is already sided with the Princess of the kingdom, and there's about to be a war breaking out with the Marines in hot pursuit... hell they even found out about the whole shenanigan on a different island. Biggest differences being the Colosseum, the revolutionists are dwarves, and many more dangerous and notable characters are around.
HalibelTheEspadaNov 5, 2013 7:59 PM
Nov 6, 2013 12:57 AM

Aug 2012
^ yeah, but I kinda see it because it's so obvious
since the beginning of the NW I feel like there's a kind of repeating pattern that is similar to that of the Paradise beginning (atleast in some aspects, you already mentioned a few of them)

also, it is interesting enough that Croco and Dofla seem to have a past/are connected enough for Doflamingo asked Croc to join him. Similar goals/interests maybe?
I'm pretty sure Dofla found out by that time why was Croco-boy demoted

Nov 8, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2012
^LOL if crocodile was a woman before ;D
other then that i don't really care about him...
Yeah it was most likely that Mr. Soldier was Rebecca's father, not that interesting of a chapter. Rebecca doesn't seem to have much significance or corresponds to Luffy in anyway. Oda just randomly put her in Dressrosa arc or maybe she'll join the straw hats? doubt it though ;o
May 25, 2014 9:14 AM
Oct 2009
Bartolomeo - our favourite fanboy hehehehe but I didn't think the soldier was her father.. it was a surprise for me.
Jun 12, 2014 1:38 AM

Jan 2014
If oda doesn't know what to do with characters, he doesn't let them go, just makes them more annoying.

But how the hell did bart end up here?

I'm not attached to the whole backstory tbh, another repetitive flashback of a damsel in distress, seems this arc is "one of these"
Feb 3, 2015 7:50 AM
Jul 2014
Good informative chapter. 8/10
May 15, 2018 6:22 AM

Feb 2013
Riku-sama, don't worry, everything will be just fine.
The toy soldier is Rebecca's father!
Sep 17, 2018 8:07 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not surprised that the soldier is Rebecca's father, he treated her very dearly after all.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2019 3:35 AM
Mar 2019
Really interesting chapter. I wonder if it was the Donquixote family that introduced slavery to the other bloodlines of the Celestial Dragons
Oct 29, 2022 2:58 AM

May 2021
"I meant it as a compliment."

"Oh, okay then."

I lost it.

Nov 29, 2022 12:25 PM

Jun 2017
Wasn't surprised when he introduced himself as Rebecca's father.

I look forward to how Bartolemeo would express his feelings for Luffy! lol 😂😁

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 18, 10:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The King Riku is in middle of the battle!!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1115 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 21

38 by Papa_Scorch »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 418 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 29, 2010

9 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 601 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

schroedernoah - Oct 19, 2010

107 by Camyy »»
Yesterday, 6:52 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 773 Discussion ( 1 2 )

artemis37 - Jan 15, 2015

64 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 415 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 29, 2010

12 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Yesterday, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.