Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2013 1:06 AM

Aug 2013

:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
xXNeko_ChanXxFeb 11, 2017 6:03 AM
Sep 24, 2013 1:07 AM
Sep 2013
lol
Sep 24, 2013 1:09 AM

Aug 2013
What's a rape vibe?
Sep 24, 2013 2:55 AM

Aug 2011
xXNeko_ChanXx said:
SO MANY RAPE VIBES

It's everywhere in this show!! It's a little weird to watch but it's only 15 minutes long and it other than that it still seems pretty interesting to me. I'll still watch it
Sep 24, 2013 3:59 AM

Oct 2012
Yup.
Sep 24, 2013 5:53 AM
Apr 2011
Uhm ... I'm guessing neither of you has played the game/listen to the drama CDs ... This is nothing honestly ...
Sep 24, 2013 7:55 AM
Oct 2010
Hello, vampires. Even before Bram Stoker they were supposed to represent lusty, greedy and melancholic creatures
Sep 24, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
That's kind of the point.

Although, it's target audience is horny girls, so idk if it could really be called rape. Everybody wants it to happen.

And they're all bloodsucking demons as well..
Sep 24, 2013 9:49 AM

Jul 2012
2219 said:
Uhm ... I'm guessing neither of you has played the game/listen to the drama CDs ... This is nothing honestly ...

Are you implying that there's even more rape on the drama CDs?
Sep 24, 2013 6:03 PM

Dec 2012
I suspect a hardcore gangfang in the future.

Red_Keys said:

Although, it's target audience is horny girls, so idk if it could really be called rape. Everybody wants it to happen.

Everyone wants it to happen...except Pancake Bitch-chan. At this point any affection she shows will be a result of Stockholm Syndrome. Not that I'm judging it, but I'm just gonna eye roll if they try to bring in romance later.
Sep 25, 2013 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:

Everyone wants it to happen...except Pancake Bitch-chan.

I'm laughing way to hard at this "gangfang" and "Pancake Bitch-chan". Seriouslt that made me laugh out loud
Sep 26, 2013 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
lol this is nothing compared to Laito's route in the game.
Sep 27, 2013 5:49 PM

Nov 2011
Red_Keys said:

horny girls=))))

Seriously I don't even know why I'm watching this but I guess it's like twilight saga: the worse it gets, the better to watch

And yea... that Pancake Bitch-chan is.... no words
Sep 27, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2011
yeah i sense the rape vibes but i kinda figured that when i saw they were sey vampires because unless they are edward cullen twinkle toes vampires i doubt they were gonna be nice
Sep 27, 2013 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
I can sense it; he's emitting a concentrated aura of rape intent!
Sep 27, 2013 10:17 PM

Jul 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:

Red_Keys said:

Everyone wants it to happen...except Pancake Bitch-chan. At this point any affection she shows will be a result of Stockholm Syndrome. Not that I'm judging it, but I'm just gonna eye roll if they try to bring in romance later.

omg lol i lol'd way to hard at the hardcore gangfang and pancake bitch chan part :''D
Sep 27, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
That's what makes it fun.

Ratohnhaketon said:

Lol I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, and yeah I think I might do it too(about the eye roll) depending on how it's done.
Sep 27, 2013 10:22 PM
Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:

this.

Just another terrible show just like twilight.
Sep 28, 2013 8:05 AM

Mar 2013
Let's see how badly we can rape her without raping her.
Sound like legitimate rape to me.
Sep 28, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Red_Keys said:

It's just your classic case of lazy writing.

If she wanted it in the beginning, there wouldn't be any need for plot progression or development (i.e., they'd actually have to try to write an interesting story). So they make her not want it in the beginning.

But they still have to think about the target audience. And they want to see Mr. Sexy vampire be sexy.

What to do? Easy! Make that the point of conflict! You have your plot right there! Sexy vampire boys hit on a girl who doesn't want it. And over time, she learns their tragic back stories, and falls in love with one of them. The conflict is resolved because she no longer doesn't want it. Bam! You have your plot arc!

It's a simple rinse and repeat formula used for almost every harem (or reverse harem) in existence.
Sep 28, 2013 9:11 AM
Oct 2010
broodo said:

Oh, they're not raping her or forcing her to be their girlfriend. You're just interpreting things in the wrong way.

Ayano throwing her in the pool and then kissing her against her will. PURE ROMANCE!
Sep 29, 2013 12:35 PM
Sep 2013
It IS rapey... Even if it's not actually rape, the drinking scenes in the second episode made me uncomfortable. But they are vampires so it wasn't unexpected (for me at least) that they actually drink human blood and are not some vegan-vampires or something.
Sep 29, 2013 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
its like brother conflict but with vampires dafuq
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 11:03 PM

Dec 2007
Zzzzz...The comments here are the same old stuff I've read before, well this is the internet so I'm not surprised
Sep 30, 2013 1:45 PM

Jul 2012
fsychii said:
its like brother conflict but with vampires dafuq

Completely different level of assertiveness tbh. Here: Sucking/Giving Hickeys == Brocon Kiss
Sep 30, 2013 2:10 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah show for horny girls.. hmm yup maybe lol.. too much hot guys so much bloodsucking.. what the hell am i watching
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Sep 30, 2013 7:22 PM

Mar 2013
aki3chan said:
broodo said:

Oh, they're not raping her or forcing her to be their girlfriend. You're just interpreting things in the wrong way.

Ayano throwing her in the pool and then kissing her against her will. PURE ROMANCE!

The sarcasm is strong with this one.
1. It's anime. 2. Their clothes don't come off. 3. No penetration *forgive the pun*
Of course it's not rape, but this is nearing Boku no Pico territory.
Sep 30, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2010
No, maybe to the people who are new to the series yes, but I played the game, heard the CDs and read the anthology.

This is nothing they are SO possessive it makes it look and feel the "rape vibe"
Sep 30, 2013 7:48 PM
Mar 2009
Um, maybe this is of no relevance whatsoever, but in what way is Twilight being compared with this? The vampire thing?
Sep 30, 2013 8:54 PM

Jan 2009
This show appeals to a certain audience and people with complaints are not in the target audience. I've been a fan of Diaboilk Lovers for quite awhile so I already expected the way the anime was going to turn out.
Oct 1, 2013 8:34 AM
Oct 2010
broodo said:
aki3chan said:
broodo said:

The sarcasm is strong with this one.
1. It's anime. 2. Their clothes don't come off. 3. No penetration *forgive the pun*
Of course it's not rape, but this is nearing Boku no Pico territory.

The worst that could happen is if they follow this trope, which I'm afraid they will
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NotIfTheyEnjoyedItRationalization
Oct 1, 2013 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
Ok. It's pretty obvious I'm watching this as a complete newb to the genre. So for people who have played the game, heard the drama CD's, I'm not asking for spoilers, but what is the characteristics of the target audience? Serioulsy. What is the thought process required to enjoy this kinda series. I'm understanding BL/Yaoi better than this genre.
Oct 2, 2013 8:47 AM
Oct 2013
broodo said:
Ok. It's pretty obvious I'm watching this as a complete newb to the genre. So for people who have played the game, heard the drama CD's, I'm not asking for spoilers, but what is the characteristics of the target audience? Serioulsy. What is the thought process required to enjoy this kinda series. I'm understanding BL/Yaoi better than this genre.

The target audience is masochist women. The game/drama CD are for people who get off on the idea of being completely dominated and abused. By the end of the game Yui is completely and utterly emotionally, physically and sexually abused by these guys until she "falls in love" with them. You are walked thru her physiological break down in the game. For me I played it as a study of the psychology of abusive relationships. Initially I didn't know what I was getting into I decided to play the game because it had seiyuu I liked and "Oh my gosh vampires!".

The game/drama CDs are worse than the anime by far. I feel bad for all the girls walking into this series thinking it's going to be some fun sexy vampire romance.
Oct 2, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 2010
divaya said:
broodo said:

The target audience is masochist women. The game/drama CD are for people who get off on the idea of being completely dominated and abused. By the end of the game Yui is completely and utterly emotionally, physically and sexually abused by these guys until she "falls in love" with them. You are walked thru her physiological break down in the game. For me I played it as a study of the psychology of abusive relationships. Initially I didn't know what I was getting into I decided to play the game because it had seiyuu I liked and "Oh my gosh vampires!".

The game/drama CDs are worse than the anime by far. I feel bad for all the girls walking into this series thinking it's going to be some fun sexy vampire romance.

Do they even make it aware that it's abuse or do they pretend it's perfectly normal?
Oct 3, 2013 9:02 PM

May 2009
Well she isn't trying to get away so.......I mean........I don't know.
Oct 4, 2013 9:41 AM

Jul 2010
Hachiko75 said:

She cN't anyway or they will kill her( so they say)
Oct 4, 2013 2:27 PM
Oct 2010
RosyXkid said:
Hachiko75 said:

How will they even manage to keep her alive, if all they do is suck
Oct 4, 2013 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
aki3chan said:
RosyXkid said:
Hachiko75 said:

The power of cranberry juice, apparently.
Oct 4, 2013 4:20 PM

Jul 2010
kawaiipapa said:
aki3chan said:
RosyXkid said:
Hachiko75 said:

The power of cranberry juice, apparently.

Good oh cranberry
Oct 5, 2013 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
What's a rape vibe?
Oct 8, 2013 2:23 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
It's just another game with a specific fetish targeting a specific group. Non-con? Fetish.. Vampires? Fetish..

Targets towards S/Ms and vampire likers... The fear of constantly wondering, 'are they going to attack me, when will I be drank from next?'

And wanting to try to escape but too scared of being punished...

Other than that it's not so different from any other otome game:

Characters with distinct, but stereotypical personalities? Check.

Sad back stories? Check

Romance? Twisted? Yes. But it's there.

Also, like the anime Amnesia, which is also based on a game by Idea Factory,

This anime probably won't follow any specific 'route' for any character... So, you'll just end up with a watered down, messed around anime with no resolution.

Which is why I hate it when they make an anime out of a visual novel, because it doesn't follow any specific 'path' and is just awful... Like what they did to Togainu no Chi, except TnC was even worse because they didn't even leave the Yaoi in it

Oct 16, 2013 9:28 AM

Feb 2010
xXNeko_ChanXx said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

I'm laughing way to hard at this "gangfang" and "Pancake Bitch-chan". Seriouslt that made me laugh out loud

actually i kanda want her to snap and burn there house down just saying :P
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 16, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
hazerddex said:
xXNeko_ChanXx said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

actually i kanda want her to snap and burn there house down just saying :P

That will be funny if that happens,
Oct 16, 2013 2:11 PM
Oct 2010
mistress_kisara said:
Zzzzz...The comments here are the same old stuff I've read before, well this is the internet so I'm not surprised

Well then, why don't you make the difference, bring your refreshing new perspective on the topic and surprise everybody else.
Oct 21, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
This entire anime is Stockholm Syndrome in a nutshell.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Nov 30, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2010
At this point any affection she shows will be a result of Stockholm Syndrome. Not that I'm judging it, but I'm just gonna eye roll if they try to bring in romance later.[/quote]

Me too! 😑
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Sucking blood is totally rape guysh
Mar 16, 2015 7:54 PM
Dec 2014
The story is originally about 6 twisted , and sadistic vampire brothers who will make the heroine Yui Komori in to a complete masochist , with torturing and blood sucking, until she starts enjoying it -becoming either their "Sacrificial bride"(a human that live forever for the sole purpose to feed the vampire clan leader) or join them as a vampire bride.
Yet torture and pain will never end.

Diabolik lovers episodes are short because its a otome game that became so popular it was adapted in to an anime.
Apr 3, 2016 5:23 AM
Oct 2014
xXNeko_ChanXx said:
SO MANY RAPE VIBES

What kind of rape vibes? like what?
I dont get it
Spoiler pls.
Apr 6, 2016 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Not just rape vibes honestly
something quite close to actual rape, I'd even call it sexually abusive.

The VN is actually as equally fucked as the show itself, except for the fact that it has numerous routes and endings like all otome games too. I read them once for the lulz, was some screwed up shit.

As much as I want my masochistic ass to be able to get into something involving male dominance, I'm completely disgusted by how little effort is put into Dialovers and how disgusting it can be, as well as the sheer stupidity of the characters and the fact that the plot wanders aimlessly through a maze of empty nothingness without attempt to establish itself. It's a wreck all around. The only thing I can say appeals is the art, but even that is ruined by the flimsy production and weak attempts to pander to women by including a weakling squealer of a female protag who can essentially act as a stand in for someone's fantasy, but the show doesn't evoke any fantasy for me at all, it's that horrid.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2013

231 by MickeyMinaj »»
May 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by Starlight2003 »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:46 PM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.