Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 30, 2019 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder what happened to Nadeko that made her like that

The new OP is so creepy
Jul 2, 2019 8:43 PM

Sep 2017
Kinda curious how the first minute and fifteen seconds look in a light novel format. Nadeko looks so odd with white hair and red eyes. Araragi is beaten up pretty badly. Guessing that this will be what we see this arc culminating into after the first three or so episodes. Ougi is so weird. I don't trust her. She seems to be aware of the future. Is she a time traveler or something? She's apparently Oshino's niece, which is an interesting development. The snakes coming out of her hand is weird, and it was pretty obvious it was the apparition from the beginning of the episode. Yeah, I can see how that sort of thing could tear a junior high school apart. Oh, the phone itself is talking to Nadeko. That's different. Gonna be honest, I had completely forgotten about the whole "Nadeko technically massacred a few dozen snakes" thing. Good cause for a curse. Agreeing to help it was probably a bad idea though, regardless of the extenuating circumstances.
Mar 6, 2020 3:30 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Nadeko was my favorite girl from Bakemonogatari. This new arc is so different from her last one (even the OP is darker). Wondering how her character will change moving forward...

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Aug 26, 2020 10:23 PM
Mar 2018
so nadeko goes beserk yandere mode because she gets tricked and manipulated by snake. interesting
Aug 31, 2020 10:42 PM
Apr 2017
I didn't really like the Nadeko arc in Bake, and I'm not enjoying this so far. Not a terribly interesting character.
Sep 14, 2020 8:31 AM

Apr 2019
Yoo that's some way to start the new arc.
About time Nadeko got some screen time, it feels like forever since I last saw her.

So Ougi's surname is also Oshino, this just makes her even more ominous.

also new OP and ED give off quite the eerie vibe, but do sound pretty good at the same time.
Sep 15, 2020 4:58 AM

Jun 2020
Damn what a great start on Nadeko's arc very interesting and good~

The new opening was good and the same as the ending, so Nadeko is depressed well I guess we're the same lol:>

A very enjoyable episode it's probably gonna be a good on Nadeko's arc, and showing Oshino Ougi was I guess kinda weird I still don't know who she is she said that she is a niece of Oshino Meme but it still needs more explanation^^
Sep 22, 2020 7:36 AM

Nov 2017
Oh mayne, that OP is rad
Jan 1, 2021 1:18 AM

May 2014
That was a great and intense start. Wow, the guy's heart splattered and she was smiling there, LOL
. A real kuudere does not share her precious senpai. Either her beloved is with her or none. That was so intense and good gore scene that I had to record it. So here we go:

Anyway, this was an interesting ep. I had always a feeling that Sengoku had feelings for Araragi. Looks like Hanekawa wasn't the only one. And this bitch is crazy. Her meeting with Oshino Ougi was particularly interesting. I look forward to finding out how she knew her name and what their connection is. It's probably not Araragi. I first thought that Ougi first appeared in Owarimonogatari, but it seems like that wasn't the case.

It looks like she isn't the victim anymore and is actually working with the aberration. No wonder she sees hallucination or her aberration. Anyway, the first scene was intense and great. The rest of the ep., however, was decent. Look forward to the next ep. where she gives in to the aberration.

PS! The end credits were fun to watch. I didn't get how they calculated the saline concentration, but the volume amount was pretty obvious. Anyone care to explain? :)
mangalicker94Jan 18, 2021 3:46 AM
Jan 6, 2021 7:34 AM

Jul 2020
I love Sengoku, but now she’s the antagonist of her own arc with a badass OP? Things are getting more interesting now.
Mar 3, 2021 12:22 AM

Oct 2016
Damn! That start was fucking wild, what happened to you Nadeko. It's interesting that Ougi has been at the start of every arc so far that are after Nekomonongatari Shiro. That's kind of sus, it's like she's the catalyst in all of these events. And she's talking like she's the one creating the stories, that's honestly cool, I look forward to knowing more about Ougi.

Fuck that snake, taking advantage of Nadeko's weakness and insecurities. But, this is cool seeing Nadeko as like the antagonist of her own arc. And that OP was fucking creepy as hell damn.
sKyBlazer08Mar 3, 2021 12:31 AM
Apr 18, 2021 3:14 PM
Jul 2013
Why does she repeat every sentence? It sounds like she's retarded or something.
Aug 15, 2021 10:08 AM
Aug 2021
I love how the OP was a reverse version of renai circulation and damn, that cold open scene was intense and badass. Nadeko had clearly been manipulated by the white snake apparition. So Ougi is Meme's niece. Also the conversation between Nakedo and Ougi was interesting. made me wonder if Nadeko whether was a victim or not.

This arc is off to a great start!
Sep 1, 2021 3:09 AM
May 2020
guess there's a consequence to one's actions
May 5, 2022 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, had heard the opening before but without the context that it was one of the openings I hadn't reached in this show! Super powerful opening, goddamn, yeah. Really strong start to the arc, really excited to see where it goes. Visuals in this series always have my mouth opening, this episode looked awesome, like always, haha.
Snake seems cool.
Also, having a new ending is really unexpected, not what I'm used to with this series but it makes sense with this season's length! Awesome ending, too! I wonder if there'll be three endings, however, with how heavily it's focused on Sengoku. So, Meme's niece! Now I'm beginning to believe Meme and Kaiki are related somehow. Discussion on everyone being a wrongdoer/victim was awesome. Brilliant start to, well, I haven't even seen it but I'll say, a brilliant arc. Monogatari has proven so much now how amazing the series is. Can see it becoming a favourite, easy.
Sep 11, 2022 1:05 PM
May 2020
ta bienta bienta bienta bienta bienta bien
Aug 3, 2023 2:26 AM

Jun 2021
that OP was something else
it was almost like a 180 of renai circulation
loved this 
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Oct 24, 2023 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
Nadeko made a deal with the snake god as for compensation for killing many of the snake god's compatriots?
Nov 2, 2023 10:46 AM

May 2021
Seeing as she's narrating, I'm going to hold out on hope that she survives. Anyways, seems like the big ass snake here has managed to guilt-trip Sengoku into doing his bidding.

Amazing how they showed us both the ending and a brief idea of how it might play out that way. Really making sure to not waste the viewer's time.

Build-up's gonna be painful though.

Dec 15, 2023 2:25 AM
Nov 2023
It looks like it's Nadeko Sengoku's arc is this time
Feb 20, 4:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I definitely shouldn’t be skipping these summary episodes because it’s been the hottest of minutes since I watched that stuff but hey I’m short on time here lol, but here we are at the fabled Nadeko arc, this is one I actually spoiled for myself once upon a time ago because I got mad at some folks online for telling me how I’d feel about Nadeko when I got to this stuff, well I’ll say I don’t remember what I read at all so it’s no problem lol. But this had an interesting start, so Nadeko has been singled out by this snake lad because she’s been killing snakes behind the scenes and she didn’t mention that to Araragi, and then upon agreeing to work with the snake she goes on about how even if she knew what it wanted she still would have agreed. Now that’s something I’m kinda surprised about, this cute middle school girl must have some issues that goes beyond a crush, I mean she did say she was depressed too lol, and of course they showed that beginning scene which kinda spoils how far things go with this snake, but I am definitely interested in seeing how it gets to that point, and I’ll say I’m going to be searching for ways to not hate Nadeko after this to prove those guys wrong from years ago lol, I mean Nadeko likes folk music, she can’t be that bad. Also all of this happened on Halloween, nice timing for a giant snake ghost.

And Ougi is showing her hand a bit early, she’s being all mysterious and cryptic still but she is straight up breaking the 4th wall which gives me an idea of what she’s about, I’m sure there’s a lot more than meets the eye of course but I think I’m picking up what’s being put down for the most part. Also nice new OP and ED, I’m gonna miss the previous ED because it banged but this new one is nice too. And the new OP is definitely reflecting how Nadeko is in this arc, I saw someone say it’s like an opposite version of her original OP and I haven’t watched that one in quite some time but there are some familiar visuals there for sure, I also noticed it looked different on what I’m assuming is the Bluray version versus the version on crunch, not sure which I like better but it’s good, another nice OP to add to the list.
TheColonel76Feb 20, 5:21 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

206 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 21, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

224 by fabiandewa19 »»
Jun 20, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

221 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 19, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

726 by animejas »»
Jun 18, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

105 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 18, 4:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.