Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 23, 2020 10:26 PM
Mar 2018
so from this ep, all i got was that the tiger nigga is setting shit on fire and hanekawa is jealous. very cool
Sep 10, 2020 9:09 AM

Apr 2019
Damn that was a pretty good episode, a lot of the dialogue was rather informative in a few ways and I kinda liked that. Also loving Hanekawa's character development.

I'm hoping that we'll get to find out what happened at the cram school, since it jumped like 20+ chapters.
If it doesn't get shown then Oh well I guess.

Honestly didn't expect to see Episode, but I'm glad he appeared in this 'episode' 😏
Izuku Gaen seems like a pretty interesting character, looking forward to see more of her later on.

Also that letter to Black Hanekawa was a pretty cool thing to do.
Hyped to see the last part of Tsubasa Tiger now.
arcticmontysSep 10, 2020 9:16 AM
Sep 13, 2020 7:19 PM

Jun 2020
I really have nothing to say in this episode so I'm just gonna say that it was good I wonder which house is gonna burn next in fact that Araragi haven't make his appearance yet he's probably gonna show up in some amazing scene so I hope it goes well^^
Dec 17, 2020 2:55 PM

May 2014
Got to give it to Tsubasa-chan. She has a beautiful ass. Damn, it's firm and big. Arararargi is missing a great piece of meat
. Next, about time we saw Koyomi Araragi's mom
. ^^ Strangely enough she has been introduced so far into the series, and Koyomi's father hasn't even been mentioned. It's so nice to see a series that doesn't include unnecessary information.

I also found it strange that we saw the

Also, cool to see Oshino's sensei. She looks quite nice and is a cute one. I wonder how she knows everything that happens around her. It would be very interesting to know more about her ability. I would also like to see what these two and Araragi was confronting. I hope we get the backstory of that too.

Lastly, very interesting to see that normal Hanekawa writes a letter to the nyaa version of her (Black Hanekawa). I wonder how she responds to this. The last ep. of the first arc of the second season is going to be interesting. I think it's going to be epic, and I look forward to it. :D

Dec 17, 2020 2:58 PM

May 2014
hpulley said:
I know most love Senjogahara but I really love Hanekawa. Tsubasa!

Again, ended on the exact line from the novel I was expecting. Very cool, the letter to her other-self.

I also love Hankekawa in certain parts more. No doubt she is cuter, but I love Senjougahara's bold personality a lot more. So both of them have unique traits that can be very appealing.
Feb 21, 2021 7:27 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! Damn, what the hell happened with Black Hanekawa for them to skip 26 chapters. We finally see Araragi's parents... Well one of them. Araragi's mother is very intense, but she spit facts about Hanekawa.

And wasn't expecting to see Episode ever again, it's cool that he's back. We also got introduced to Gaen, I wonder if she's Kanbaru's mother or someone related to her at least. Gotta say, Gaen got that drip lmao. I love her contrast to Hanekawa, she knows everything while Hanekawa knows nothing, that's really fucking interesting.

Really love the fire sisters their so entertaining, and their boyfriends are like Araragi lmao. I liked how Hanekawa marked Araragi's bed. That ending scene was sweet, I wonder what she's going to do.
Mar 13, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2019
Nottttt really a fan of 'learning to be human' stories tbh
May 31, 2021 6:57 AM

Feb 2020
This arc is very very close to giving me an identity crisis. Hanekawa is definitely a very relatable character, I'm liking her more and more.
But she's worrying me here, what does she mean, she won't see Araragi ever again ? Don't tell me she's gonna die or something like that. I also hope she's not gonna leave the town, I'm still not over Meme leaving.
Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to Black Hanekawa's reaction to the letter.
On a side note, I found Senjougahara's attitude when telling Hanekawa her own house is most likely to burn down to be very funny due to how casual she was when saying it. Well, typical Senjougahara. She's particularly fun in this arc.
And speaking of casual, as Hanekawa stated, it is a bit weird to see Episode and her discussing just like that considering what he did to her. But this scene also made me realize I've forgotten something about Kizu, because I was persuaded Episode was dead
Finally, Gaen is quite an intriguing character, and the way she parallels Hanekawa is interesting. However I can't believe she is Meme's senpai. She looks like a teenager.
Jun 9, 2021 6:11 PM
Jan 2016
Took 34 episodes and 3 movies, but wow, an Araragi parent! They actually exist!

It was cool to see Episode again, I didn't expect any of those 3 from the Kizu movies to show up again (granted this was animated before those movies were). Like the design of the new character as well!
Aug 3, 2021 2:35 AM
Dec 2019
This arc be good but like weve had 8 straight hanekawa episodes at this point its getting a bit tiring
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Aug 9, 2021 2:37 AM
Aug 2021
We've finally been introduced to Izuko Gaen and I like how she's the polar opposite of Hanekawa. So she's Oshino's,Kaiki's and Yozuru's senior. Wasn't expecting Episode to return.

We finally see Araragi's mom. She was cutthroat but what she said was true.
So that's where Araragi and his sisters got their head tilts from.

Yep,"burning with jealousy"

I wonder what Hanekawa had written in her note to the Sawari Neko. Hopefully another home doesn't burn down like what Senjougahara said
-Facktack-Aug 9, 2021 2:50 AM
Aug 30, 2021 11:01 AM
May 2020
hanekawa down bad
May 2, 2022 5:51 AM

Jan 2015
Another really, really good episode, yet I think this was the last episode I saw back when I was watching this? I just wasn't enjoying the series as much back then. Well, it has been years but after the next episode, I can finally change the entry from on-hold to watching, hahaha. I remembered seeing the scene of Hanekawa marking Araragi's bed, really cute, nice scene. Karen dragging Hanekawa to play cards, the contrast of how they wake her up compared to Araragi, Tsukihi's quips, Hanekawa's emotional thoughts, all really strong stuff. Next episode (I haven't seen so this isn't a spoiler or whatever) is most likely going to be where Black Hanekawa takes a long break, I look forward to seeing whatever goes down. Years back I remember when I got here, I thought, "here's where we're about to see Araragi's return!" I'm honestly not so sure now, though. Has been awesome to get a story from Hanekawa's perspective entirely. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a few arcs where Araragi's not telling the story.
Jul 28, 2023 3:30 PM

May 2021
Everyone and their grandmother have started doing the head-tilt now.

Aug 20, 2023 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
now Tsubasa finds out he's jealuos
Dec 15, 2023 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, so that's Izuko Gaen huh?
Mar 30, 2:48 PM

Jul 2016
That Mama-ragi tho.

Not sure what to think of Gaen's character design. She dresses like a 30yo trying to look "cool" to the youngsters.

Hanekawa marking Araragi's bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 13, 9:16 AM

Feb 2024
you know i like this show .. i really do but holy fuck i have no idea whats going on
"My blood belongs to the Emperor. My heart belongs to you My life belongs to honour"

Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Jan 2018
So, Hanekawa found out about Black Hanekawa. Tho she also noticed that this time she's probably in more control now and isn't causing trouble.

Araragi mama appeared! Tho it seems like she was included because it was absolutely necessary for the story. Monogatari doesn't seem like the type of series that'd introduce the parents' of its characters or other "normal" characters unless it's necessary for the plot. And Araragi's mom seems like that type of character. She is a policewoman. And she gave some sound advice to Hanekawa. Not being loved by your family is a type of abuse huh? It sounds profound because it's not really something that's outright said by people. But it should be common sense. Sadly it's not in many households.

This was also the first appearance of Izuko Gaen unless I'm mistaken. She knows everything. Hanekawa doesn't. She is the anti-Hanekawa.

I like how in the preview the hysterical tiger goes to Senjougahara's house to burn it down but Gahara-san stops it lol.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

732 by Theprophet334 »»
Aug 28, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.