Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2013 10:39 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Synopsis of the 52nd chapter of Aoi Hana, "The Final Tale" below the fold:

Just as I feared, Takako Shimura ended this manga waaay too soon. For the last few chapters it had been just one huge time skip after another. I wonder what happened that made her fold both this manga and Houro Musuko, but whatever it is it's unfortunate. In any case, cross off another manga that I have loved for so many years that ended too soon for my tastes. Believe it or not, this was the first manga that I bought ;_; Five stars.
Kokujin-kunJul 19, 2013 8:50 AM
Jul 18, 2013 7:29 PM
Nov 2012
I don't follow Houro Musuko, so I didn't know it was also ending, but wow, both long running mangas ending close to each other? You have to wonder whether Shimura had actually wanted to end both, or whether it was somebody else's decision. Especially with Aoi Hana, talk about abrupt! While I'm maybe definitely a little brokenhearted it's ended, I'm also sighing in relief, at one point I was worried I'd die before it end.

I have to say, I'm very happy with the ending. Which is really weird because after reading chapter 51, I was hoping, praying, sacrificing goats for a 5 Cm Per Second-esque ending. (I loved that ending.) But yeah, I agree though, ended too soon.

Btw, Kokujin-kun, there's apparently an interview with Takako along with chapter 52, I was wondering if you had seen it? Anyway, thank you very much for this final synopsis. :)
Jul 21, 2013 1:11 AM

Dec 2010
I was expecting a few more chapters for this manga. As much as I love Aoi Hana, I didn't expect this to end too soon. :C
Jul 22, 2013 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
well thats over now. im gonna miss it. i am of course disappointed with how it ended with fumi getting back together with akira. it was way too quick.
Jul 24, 2013 3:10 AM
Nov 2012
It ended too soon. Should have added at least 3 chapters more. :/
Jul 31, 2013 3:26 PM
Oct 2012
Personally I thought this was a weak ending. Perhaps the writer wanted more time, but still there were enough pages in this issue to provide for a stronger ending for the story of Fumi and Ai.

Which was the problem with this series in general, they got away from the two main characters too often, dwelling on tangential characters. It was if the writer got bored. Shame, a good ending would have really made this a great series, as opposed to a decent series.
Aug 5, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't like the ending.
Aug 6, 2013 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
So, was this series supposed to be twice as long? What happened? Did someone force the writer to wrap everything up in less than 3 issues? Not to mention the extremely weak side characters. Blagh, oh well. At least I didn't find out about this manga until it was almost done, anyway.
Aug 7, 2013 12:14 AM

Nov 2012
ugh. someone finally released a translated version of chapter 52 and its a colossal mess. half of the pages are missing.
Aug 7, 2013 7:07 AM

Dec 2007
volt79 said:
ugh. someone finally released a translated version of chapter 52 and its a colossal mess. half of the pages are missing.

Blame mangafox and all the other derivative manga aggregators for that cockup.
Aug 7, 2013 1:00 PM

Jul 2008
volt79 said:

I just read it and it didn't make any sense. I am glad there was like half of it missing or it would have been pretty terrible.
Aug 7, 2013 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
GarLogan78 said:
volt79 said:

I just read it and it didn't make any sense. I am glad there was like half of it missing or it would have been pretty terrible.

It is complete some place else.

Too bad it ended like this. I'm happy about Fumi and Akira but it was not ok to rush things like this.

I hope she didn't do the same with her other manga. And I really hope she will add an extra chapter soon.
Aug 9, 2013 3:36 AM

May 2013
Well, I'm pissed. But I can't not love the rest of it, I'll just pretend the last chapter never happened.
Aug 9, 2013 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
Ok finally read it. I don't really understand the ending dynamic with Fumi and Akira. Are they together? Good friends again?
Aug 10, 2013 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
im pretty sure they are together. it mightve implied they had sex at the end.
Aug 13, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
dissapointing, but oh well, at least it's over now.
Aug 14, 2013 3:09 PM
Nov 2012
I am laughing my butt off right now. FYI, neither the translator nor the editor uploaded the chapter to any online reader, so please, don't blame them for the confusion suffered. I just checked the online readers, and wow, only 2 sites uploaded it correctly. It's so depressingly funny.

GarLogan78 said:
Ok finally read it. I don't really understand the ending dynamic with Fumi and Akira. Are they together? Good friends again?
It's pretty obvious that they reconciled in the end. And if that strongly implied kiss is an indication, then, in a romantic way. Let's not forget the last 2 pages, as well. I can't help but think that Akira, waking up first, was lovingly gazing at Fumi still asleep. And I say that because this is Shimura we're talking about, you also have to look at what's not on the page, along with what's on it.
squibeeAug 14, 2013 3:30 PM
Aug 21, 2013 2:38 AM

May 2013
Its really unfortunate that the whole thing dropped off at the last quarter with poorly developed minor characters.
Aug 23, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2013
So you're making me realize I suppodely read some "wrong" chapters? Link to legit ones then?
Aug 25, 2013 2:26 PM
Jul 2010
Mizusi said:
So you're making me realize I suppodely read some "wrong" chapters? Link to legit ones then?

Not sure if I'm allowed to link or not but:

http://www.mangapark.com/manga/Aoi-Hana/c52/1

Has the full one. I fell into the same trap and ended up reading the "half-missing" version and was very confused.

I'm happy with the ending, although it definitely feels like it was rushed - like the author was forced to wrap it up very quickly.
Aug 26, 2013 3:52 PM

May 2013
Oh god, thank you very much. It makes more sense now.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel as if the artist just got tired of Aoi Hana and not only filled it with unnecessary filler and new terrible side characters but also the art got a bit.. lazy? Most of this doesn't look very detailed.
Aug 27, 2013 10:09 AM

Nov 2012
thats what i thought as well, about the artist/author. but in comparison to the first chapter and the last, style wise, there isnt that much difference. although as you said theres less detail. i just realized maybe thats why she cut akira's hair, so she wouldnt have to draw her braids anymore.
Jan 14, 2015 6:42 PM

Nov 2014
Loved the ending. It was a little rushed (so were other parts of the manga), but it wasn't so rushed that any important information was loss. You just have to do a little decrypting, and take note of body language and blush lines.

Regarding the nature of Akira and Fumi's relationship:

aikaflipJan 15, 2015 10:04 AM
Aug 3, 2016 3:13 PM

Jun 2007
That was so half-assed I am disappointed :|
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 14, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm... don't know how I feel about this ending. Oh well still enjoyed the series overall..
Jan 10, 2017 5:17 PM

Oct 2014
Really liked this manga but unfortunately I feel it could have had a longer ending.
Feb 7, 2017 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
The ending to the manga left me with the same feeling as the anime. Akira was also poorly developed here. Her realizing her feelings for Fumi was just dumped on the last 2 chapters and her character pretty much remained static throughout the whole manga.

Way too much focus was given to side characters compared to Akira again
Apr 12, 2017 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
As much as I love how it handled the romance and drama aspect for most of the part, (way better than Girl Friends tbh) but it's convoluted as fuck. The story's branching off too much. Way too much focus given to the side characters. Then it also hit me with rushed and weak ending. The broke up then made up after a timeskip was poorly handled. Seriously left bad taste in my mouth.
Jul 28, 2017 4:54 PM

Jun 2013
I knew roughly what to expect with the ending, so I'm more or less satisfied. The final few chapters were really rushed and I'm not a fan of back to back time skips, either.

I interpreted it the same as @aikaflip, and I'm very happy on that front. Even with the convoluted nature of this manga, I liked Fumi and Akira so much that the shortcomings of the manga don't really bother me.
Nov 7, 2017 6:58 AM

Jan 2013
It makes me sad that the ending was rushed. I didn't know, so when I started to see all those timeskips I was disappointed.

Overall it was good and I loved the relationship between Fumi and Akira, it was heartwarming but I didn't like the focus on some side characters. The author could've used those chapters to fully develop Akira's feelings, after all the manga is about her and her relationship with Fumi, mainly, and I would liked to see how Akira settled her feelings.
Nov 28, 2018 8:03 PM

Nov 2017
I just wanted to see them living together 5 years later and what that looks like.

Even if the time was limited I assume the mangaka finished the story like she wanted.

Still, Japan has a terrible habit of ending a gay series super short. You don't see that with Thai/SK Manhwa etc. like WDFS?, Pulse and Lily Love. Japan, please have more respect for your great series.

I always read the last few chapters of this story if I'm down and I want some Yuri. Their longing and acceptance for each other are so beautiful.

It would be cool to write a fanfic about how they're sharing an apartment, their living habits, what the sex is like, what Fumi and Akira's parents thought.
Aug 2, 2021 4:38 AM

May 2020
And they get back together again. Yay ? I honestly could not care. I haven’t read a lot of yuri but damn, this isn’t that good by any standards. It has some great art and some interesting characters but it’s execution just did not impress me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 30 Discussion

poleno - Dec 2, 2009

16 by Roberta_Cojones »»
Sep 13, 2018 6:32 AM

» Was thinking of reading this manga.

knight_hart - Jun 17, 2013

7 by Hyoroemon »»
Aug 27, 2018 7:41 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 16 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 2, 2018

1 by Greyknit »»
Aug 17, 2018 2:06 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 25 Discussion

kiririnshi - Apr 19, 2010

7 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 5, 2018 3:13 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 24 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 4, 2018

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 4, 2018 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.