Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 4, 2013 6:46 AM

Feb 2013
I played the Ace Attorney games, those are amazing.
Also playing Katawa Shoujo at the moment.
Apr 4, 2013 7:34 AM
Apr 2013
No I don't but I will try one, one day.
Apr 4, 2013 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
Finish downloading My Girlfriend is the President. Play it a little and loled at a bad end of the first choice.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 4, 2013 5:01 PM
Jul 2012
No wish to do, but worried that my computer will not worked since it will be my first time doing it.
Apr 4, 2013 10:24 PM

Feb 2010
GoldenBRS said:
No wish to do, but worried that my computer will not worked since it will be my first time doing it.

Why would you be worried? VN's have an extremely low system requirement and take up next to no system resources. It's pretty much impossible to have a computer that can't run a VN unless you're using a computer from the 90s.
Apr 4, 2013 11:06 PM

Mar 2012
FatherAnderson said:
GoldenBRS said:

Why would you be worried? VN's have an extremely low system requirement and take up next to no system resources. It's pretty much impossible to have a computer that can't run a VN unless you're using a computer from the 90s.
I'm using XP and it work fine. You only need to change your PC to Japanese region to play.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2013 3:18 AM

Dec 2010
I started playing seriously some months ago. Though I'm on the BL side, haha.
Apr 6, 2013 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
i played ni nu kuni it was fun ;)
Apr 6, 2013 3:28 PM

Mar 2012
Haven't play too far but I already like Putina from My Girlfriend is the President.
Apr 7, 2013 8:14 AM

Feb 2010
Masterkilla235 said:
i played ni nu kuni it was fun ;)

Ni no Kuni is a JRPG not a VN.
Apr 7, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2012
I loved Katawa Shoujo. Do any of you know of other VNs like that which doesn't need to be torrented? It'd be awesome if one of you could send me a link via PM.
Apr 7, 2013 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
I wonder if some of you know a VN in which the MC is alpha like Tennouji Kotarou from Rewrite. I'm getting tired of beta MCs.

Apr 7, 2013 10:11 PM

Feb 2012
Tennouji_ said:
I wonder if some of you know a VN in which the MC is alpha like Tennouji Kotarou from Rewrite. I'm getting tired of beta MCs.

Policenauts?

It's the only one I've ever finished myself. I wonder if there is anything else like it. And I know it's not really even a VN.
Apr 7, 2013 10:24 PM
Sep 2009
Tennouji_ said:

G-senjou no Maou. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Wiki said:
The player assumes the role of Kyōsuke Azai. Kyōsuke is the adopted son of a yakuza leader. Though he puts up a kind, sociable air around him, he is in fact a highly intelligent and ruthless businessman
Apr 7, 2013 11:52 PM

Feb 2010
mecharobot said:
Tennouji_ said:

Policenauts?

It's the only one I've ever finished myself. I wonder if there is anything else like it. And I know it's not really even a VN.

If you liked Policenauts you could try Snatcher. It's also made by Kojima and it's in the same pseudo VN style.
Apr 8, 2013 1:09 AM

Feb 2012
FatherAnderson said:
If you liked Policenauts you could try Snatcher. It's also made by Kojima and it's in the same pseudo VN style.

I think I'll do just that. Thanks.
Apr 8, 2013 6:46 AM

Sep 2011
mecharobot said:

Policenauts?

Lemonaded said:

G-senjou no Maou. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Will check those and thanks for the recommendation. I always thought on every VN, the MCs on their respective games are always beta until I played Rewrite which I think that's a tradition for every VN.

Apr 8, 2013 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
Tennouji_ said:
Just from the top of my head:
Probably every single protagonist form Nitro+ VNs, except Chaos;Head.
Fate/Stay Night, but only in later arcs, Shirou is a mega faggot at the beginning. :P
G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni.
Aizawa Shuuhei from Soul Link, but he's the protagonist only for roughly the first half of the VN.
Tanomura Shin from Swan Song, and one more character, but that would be a spoiler (again, there are multiple protagonists there).
Wanko to Kurasou
Zaishuu -The SiN-
Critical Point
Maybe Quartett too?

If female protagonists count - Mio form Amaranto, Christina from The Second Reproduction and maybe Angelina from Katahane.

Also, AliceSoft games are only very, very borderline VNs, but still, talking about alpha and not mentioning Rance would be just silly (Rouga from Daibanchou counts too). :P
Apr 8, 2013 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
Pabloc said:
Tennouji_ said:

Fate/Stay Night, but only in later arcs, Shirou is a mega faggot at the beginning. :P

Shirou isnt alpha or beta in Fate route.He gets by because of luck but you get what I mean.
Heave's Feel...well thats a completely different story even in the bad ends.
ssjokgApr 8, 2013 9:09 AM
Apr 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
Pabloc said:
Just from the top of my head:
Probably every single protagonist form Nitro+ VNs, except Chaos;Head.
G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni.
Aizawa Shuuhei from Soul Link, but he's the protagonist only for roughly the first half of the VN.
Tanomura Shin from Swan Song, and one more character, but that would be a spoiler (again, there are multiple protagonists there).
Wanko to Kurasou
Zaishuu -The SiN-
Critical Point
Maybe Quartett too?

If female protagonists count - Mio form Amaranto, Christina from The Second Reproduction and maybe Angelina from Katahane.

Also, AliceSoft games are only very, very borderline VNs, but still, talking about alpha and not mentioning Rance would be just silly (Rouga from Daibanchou counts too). :P

Will check those too. Also, I already played F/SN and like what ssjokg said, Shirou is neither alpha nor beta on Fate but slightly alpha on the rest of the routes. Also, I don't really prefer FeMCs. And I don't think I'll try Steins;Gate, despite I already watched its anime adaptation and it's a masterpiece, I don't really like Okabe attitude(His chuunibyou) and Robotics;Notes.
TennoujiApr 8, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 8, 2013 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
Tennouji_ said:

I have no Idea what you mean about alpha and beta MC's, but am sure you mean by how good they are?
If that's the case then I have to disagree with your point, because personally I think Rewrite MC Lacks any scent of independent knowledge unless being told by the girls or Yoshino. I fact I think he would of not got anywere without Yoshino's help.

This is my own opinion from completing the first three routes.
Apr 8, 2013 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
Haven't finished or even meeting all heroine in G-Senjou. Just wan't to ask in which order route is prefered?
Apr 9, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2009
NeoAnkara said:
Haven't finished or even meeting all heroine in G-Senjou. Just wan't to ask in which order route is prefered?
If you are planning to read every route: Tsubaki > Kanon > Mizuha > Haru. The routes branch off the main story in that order. You should definitely read Haru's last, it's the only route that really matters and it explains everything, others are pretty much just side stories.
Apr 9, 2013 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
Pabloc said:
NeoAnkara said:
If you are planning to read every route: Tsubaki > Kanon > Mizuha > Haru. The routes branch off the main story in that order. You should definitely read Haru's last, it's the only route that really matters and it explains everything, others are pretty much just side stories.
Thanks I will keep this in mind when I play.
Apr 9, 2013 3:04 AM

Nov 2011
If you think every MC is beta then play Aiyoku no Eustia if you can read Japanese. Best protagonist I've seen in any VN.
Apr 9, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
I played a bit of Little Busters! (But I though the game play was really slow, and most of it was just reading what it says). But my favourite one I played was X-Note!
Apr 12, 2013 7:07 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah I used to back in the day, but then I took a little break, and recently I started again, played Saya no Uta (was a little fucked up, but loved it) and Yume Miru Kusari (awesome VN).

Back in the day I played Clannad, FS/N, Tsukihime and the rest of shit everybody else played, also I played Hirugashi and Umineko from my man Ryukishi07 (big respect for this guy) and his boys from 07th Expansion group.

Right now I'm planning to get Ryukishi07's latest work, VN Rose Guns Days, in the meantime I'll play some Chaos; Head, heard a lot of good things about it, tho I'm not that good with free time like I used to be hihi.
Apr 12, 2013 8:03 PM

May 2012
I played Clannad

and got Tomoya After

then i got bored
Apr 27, 2013 11:17 PM
Apr 2013
I played Majikoi-A yesterday Sayaka's route was awesome! and now i'm trying to play G-Senjou no maou since everyone said it was a nice VN, so i'm gonna play it.
Apr 28, 2013 10:29 AM

Jan 2010
Yup. In fact, just finished the Higurashi VN. After going back and watching a few episodes of the Higurashi Kai anime, I can see where the Higurashi VN elitists are coming from.
Apr 28, 2013 11:40 AM

Aug 2009
Shocked said:
Yup. In fact, just finished the Higurashi VN. After going back and watching a few episodes of the Higurashi Kai anime, I can see where the Higurashi VN elitists are coming from.
Well that doesnt change the fact that Higurashi was well received unlike, say Umineko that was a HUGE screw up.
May 2, 2013 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
Dear dudes/ and maybe girls.
I currently discovering the Visual novel/ eroge world. I'm still very new to this shit and i hope some guys can help me with some suggestions anything helps. Like useful sites for reviews or searching or maybe some feedback. This are some Novels i plan to play:

I'm currently playing Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Please feel free to recommend some you think are classic or maybe even the ones where i should stay away from. I don't matter what genre school, romance ,adventure ,rpg name it. ( ow i prefer hentai but it is no must....yes I'm a dirty little f*ck)
May 2, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
johnyjohny said:
I currently discovering the Visual novel/ eroge world. I'm still very new to this shit and i hope some guys can help me with some suggestions anything helps. Like useful sites for reviews or searching or maybe some feedback. This are some Novels i plan to play:

I'm currently playing Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Please feel free to recommend some you think are classic or maybe even the ones where i should stay away from. I don't matter what genre school, romance ,adventure ,rpg name it. ( ow i prefer hentai but it is no must....yes I'm a dirty little f*ck)

I will act like a fanboy and tell you to read Umineko no Naku Koro ni,Fate/Stay Night,Tsukihime and Steins;Gate(even though the anime is a good adaptation the VN has more endings and a small part during Moeka's story that was cut.Well the entire scene with Mr Braun and Moeka was changed but anyway...)
May 2, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:
johnyjohny said:

I will act like a fanboy and tell you to read Umineko no Naku Koro ni,Fate/Stay Night,Tsukihime and Steins;Gate(even though the anime is a good adaptation the VN has more endings and a small part during Moeka's story that was cut.Well the entire scene with Mr Braun and Moeka was changed but anyway...)
Those should be good, thanks man any others?
Jun 5, 2016 5:24 PM

Jul 2015
johnyjohny said:
ssjokg said:

any other recommendation?
Jun 5, 2016 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
kyutora said:
johnyjohny said:

This chart is out of date, but has some pretty good suggestions. Enjoy
Jun 5, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2015
FontSize72LOL said:
kyutora said:

This chart is out of date, but has some pretty good suggestions. Enjoy

holy... thanks you for those recommendations xDDDDDDD

+18 Kappa
Jun 6, 2016 2:11 PM

May 2016
@OP yeah, I play otoge. Mainly on vita now, but I still have a huge PS2/PSP backlog ✨
Jun 6, 2016 8:21 PM

Nov 2014
i do but not often nor have i played a lot, mostly everything i have played has been eroge though, a few non eroge ones i have but not started them....pretty much it is the same thing with VN's as it is for manga with me.......i get to them when bored and do not feel like watching or playing a game, so i don't get to them often although there are lots i would like to check out more often i just can't bring myself to focus on them
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jun 6, 2016 8:41 PM

Mar 2015
Here is my VNDB(Visual Novel Database) account
https://vndb.org/u95416/list\
So yes I do in fact, Visual Novels are great reading source and "entertainment" in ways more than one so I have long since indulged in the reading of VNs. I usually read when I'm not studying or gaming.
LordoftheHorizonJun 6, 2016 8:45 PM
Jun 6, 2016 9:06 PM

Nov 2014
Does Zero Escape count?

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

57 by KenaiPhoenix »»
8 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3564 by Nette »»
Today, 1:22 AM

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

10 by Alpha-Nine »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

14 by Galletita »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

16 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.